What muscles are involved in carrying a girl?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DirtyHarry1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DirtyHarry1988
Member since 2010 • 109 Posts

So OT, i have a problem. I'm 5'5 but I have a *little* trouble carrying my girlfriend. I can carry her, but it's extremely strenous on me, and like.. my whole face pretty much goes red. I also figure that it's because I'm short, so it's harder to walk while carrying her.

I don't know what the problem is because I can do like.. a lot of pull ups, but I think that's more to do with my light weight and small size than really being that strong.

So, what workout should I do to build the strength needed to carry a girl without much problem, if any at all?

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#2 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
I would think the best way to train would be to carry her more often. Especially in public.
Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

Tell her to lose some weight.

NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NintendoNite
Member since 2010 • 728 Posts
build leg muscle
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
You should use her as a weight and work your biceps.
Virtual_Price

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Virtual_Price
Member since 2010 • 5710 Posts

Practice makes perfect.

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
Probably the arm muscles on the arm you use to pull out your wallet with. And why are you carrying her?
DirtyHarry1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DirtyHarry1988

Atmanix
She's close to my weight, and I kinda like her size. She's slighter than I am, but a little taller, so she weighs close to the same.
build leg muscleNintendoNite
My legs don't strain at all.
DirtyHarry1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DirtyHarry1988
Probably the arm muscles on the arm you use to pull out your wallet with. And why are you carrying her? FragStains
What do you mean why? :|
Vendayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Vendayn
Member since 2004 • 732 Posts

Dude, just because she is a girl doesn't mean she needs to be carried. Girls are good at games too.

FragStains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FragStains
Member since 2003 • 20668 Posts
[QUOTE="FragStains"]Probably the arm muscles on the arm you use to pull out your wallet with. And why are you carrying her? DirtyHarry1988

I thought it was a straight forward question. Why are you carrying her around? Why do you feel the need to carry her around? Is she requesting this treatment? Are you trying to assert your manliness by doing so? Am I a bad husband because I don't routinely carry my wife around?
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Why do you need to carry her? She can't walk?

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phaze-Two
Member since 2009 • 3444 Posts

lol.... nice thread. i'd say the same muscles invlolved in carrying anyone.

you're carrying her on your back, right?

so do squats. 5 reps for 5 sets, and maybe dead lifts 5 reps for 1 set 3 times a week (do deadlifts every other time you work out). oh, and eat alot more.

plus, when you, ya know, whack it, or do it with your girlfriend, feels good man.

DirtyHarry1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DirtyHarry1988
[QUOTE="DirtyHarry1988"][QUOTE="FragStains"]Probably the arm muscles on the arm you use to pull out your wallet with. And why are you carrying her? FragStains

I thought it was a straight forward question. Why are you carrying her around? Why do you feel the need to carry her around? Is she requesting this treatment? Are you trying to assert your manliness by doing so? Am I a bad husband because I don't routinely carry my wife around?

Well she likes being carried, and I like carrying her. Like it's for fun. Sometimes I'll pick her up and then walk to the swimming pool and dump her in and stuff.. That kinda stuff. I'm not her mount lol.
DirtyHarry1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DirtyHarry1988
[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

so do squats. 5 reps for 5 sets, and maybe dead lifts 5 reps for 1 set 3 times a week (do deadlifts every other time you work out). oh, and eat alot more.

plus, when you, ya know, whack it, or do it with your girlfriend, feels good man.

No not piggy back. I wouldn't even be able to walk at all if that were the case cause i'm too short.. I'll be taking dwarf steps. :P It's like, I'm carrying her and she's horizontal.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="FragStains"][QUOTE="DirtyHarry1988"] What do you mean why? :| DirtyHarry1988

Well she likes being carried, and I like carrying her. Like it's for fun. Sometimes I'll pick her up and then walk to the swimming pool and dump her in and stuff.. That kinda stuff. I'm not her mount lol.

I suggest finding something else to do. Even if you're strong, if she's close to you're weight she isn't going to be convenient to carry.

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
You should have a regular GF and a carry on GF. You can get a small carry on, and then slowly increase her size to build up endurance,
DirtyHarry1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DirtyHarry1988

[QUOTE="DirtyHarry1988"][QUOTE="FragStains"]I thought it was a straight forward question. Why are you carrying her around? Why do you feel the need to carry her around? Is she requesting this treatment? Are you trying to assert your manliness by doing so? Am I a bad husband because I don't routinely carry my wife around?Pirate700

I suggest finding something else to do. Even if you're strong, if she's close to you're weight she isn't going to be convenient to carry.

Damn. :(
AL_GREEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AL_GREEN
Member since 2010 • 953 Posts
i give this thread 5 stars - *****
Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Phaze-Two

[QUOTE="Phaze-Two"]

DirtyHarry1988

No not piggy back. I wouldn't even be able to walk at all if that were the case cause i'm too short.. I'll be taking dwarf steps. :P It's like, I'm carrying her and she's horizontal.

ohhhhh

so i would do upright rows and curls. it may also be that you just don't have good balance because you're so small and her weight shifts when she squirms (lol) so maybe use a wider stance...?

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

tell her it's blush and has nothing to do with your weakness.

Phaze-Two

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phaze-Two

yeah, i mean she's your weight... i don't see how she doesn't underatand that that would be hard for anyone to do, no matter how big and strong they are. esspecially since she's taller than you.

how bout you try doing piggy back?

or make an excuse and tell her you hurt your hand and can't carry her anymore. lol

Solid_Snake325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Solid_Snake325
Member since 2006 • 6091 Posts
I would think it's mostly back and biceps.
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
same ones that involve carrying a box
DirtyHarry1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DirtyHarry1988

Ok I just tried to replicate the movement + exertion, and this is what I've noticed. My shoulders support the weight fine, but my arm has a problem locking in that "V" shape. So that would be bicep right?

Basically this position, except that there's someone there filling the void and minus the dumb bell..

DirtyHarry1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DirtyHarry1988
same ones that involve carrying a boxweezyfb
Which are? :P
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Centre of mass is the important thing here. Given that you two are of similar size and weight, strength is not likely to be very helpful in allowing you to lift her up. If you want to make it easier to carry her, you need to put more bulk on so you can swing the centre of mass towards you. The further out it is, the more work you need to hold her up.

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts

It's a center of gravity issue. I think. I failed physics though. :P

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts

Is this a serious question? lol?

If you really want to know what muscles are working (which is useless) I can provide you with a list, but it will feature over 30 muscles and it won't help you. As for exercises squats, deadlifts will be your best bet :) As for your upper body bench press, shoulder press (both exercises with barbell not on a machine like a chest press!), and bicep curls.

Avatar image for Human-after-all
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Human-after-all
Member since 2009 • 2972 Posts
Going from top to bottom the muscles I think would get used. Upper body: Biceps Brachi Brachialis Coracobrachialis Pectoralis Major Anterior Deltoid Probably some Lateral Deltoids Longissimus Iliocostalis Spinalis Rectus Abdominus External Obliques Internal Obliques Inferior fibers of the Trapezius Latissimus Dorsi Probably some others to a small degree like Teres minor / major, Pectoralis minor, Rhomboids, Infraspinatous, Supraspinatous, Subscapularis etc. It is pretty close to full body, minus forearms, neck and face muscles and adductor muscles in the legs and anything inferior to the popliteal. Lower Body: Gluteus Maximus Gluteus Medius / Minimus Vastus Medialis Vastus Lateralis Vastus Intermedius Rectus Femoris Semitendinosus Biceps Femoris I'm probably missing a couple it is hard to say exactly but carrying a person is pretty close to full body.
th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
[QUOTE="Human-after-all"]Going from top to bottom the muscles I think would get used. Upper body: Biceps Brachi Brachialis Coracobrachialis Pectoralis Major Anterior Deltoid Probably some Lateral Deltoids Longissimus Iliocostalis Spinalis Rectus Abdominus External Obliques Internal Obliques Inferior fibers of the Trapezius Latissimus Dorsi Probably some others to a small degree like Teres minor / major, Pectoralis minor, Rhomboids, Infraspinatous, Supraspinatous, Subscapularis etc. It is pretty close to full body, minus forearms, neck and face muscles and adductor muscles in the legs and anything inferior to the popliteal. Lower Body: Gluteus Maximus Gluteus Medius / Minimus Vastus Medialis Vastus Lateralis Vastus Intermedius Rectus Femoris Semitendinosus Biceps Femoris I'm probably missing a couple it is hard to say exactly but carrying a person is pretty close to full body.

:lol: You sir, are awesome.
poseidonwest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 poseidonwest
Member since 2010 • 675 Posts

I lead you to this article.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wigan_gamer

Going from top to bottom the muscles I think would get used. Upper body: Biceps Brachi Brachialis Coracobrachialis Pectoralis Major Anterior Deltoid Probably some Lateral Deltoids Longissimus Iliocostalis Spinalis Rectus Abdominus External Obliques Internal Obliques Inferior fibers of the Trapezius Latissimus Dorsi Probably some others to a small degree like Teres minor / major, Pectoralis minor, Rhomboids, Infraspinatous, Supraspinatous, Subscapularis etc. It is pretty close to full body, minus forearms, neck and face muscles and adductor muscles in the legs and anything inferior to the popliteal. Lower Body: Gluteus Maximus Gluteus Medius / Minimus Vastus Medialis Vastus Lateralis Vastus Intermedius Rectus Femoris Semitendinosus Biceps Femoris I'm probably missing a couple it is hard to say exactly but carrying a person is pretty close to full body. Human-after-all
I am interested what do you do for a living/study?

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
I would think the best way to train would be to carry her more often. Especially in public.spazzx625
Please do this.
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Human-after-all

[QUOTE="Human-after-all"]Going from top to bottom the muscles I think would get used. Upper body: Biceps Brachi Brachialis Coracobrachialis Pectoralis Major Anterior Deltoid Probably some Lateral Deltoids Longissimus Iliocostalis Spinalis Rectus Abdominus External Obliques Internal Obliques Inferior fibers of the Trapezius Latissimus Dorsi Probably some others to a small degree like Teres minor / major, Pectoralis minor, Rhomboids, Infraspinatous, Supraspinatous, Subscapularis etc. It is pretty close to full body, minus forearms, neck and face muscles and adductor muscles in the legs and anything inferior to the popliteal. Lower Body: Gluteus Maximus Gluteus Medius / Minimus Vastus Medialis Vastus Lateralis Vastus Intermedius Rectus Femoris Semitendinosus Biceps Femoris I'm probably missing a couple it is hard to say exactly but carrying a person is pretty close to full body. wigan_gamer
I am interested what do you do for a living/study? Your list is pretty sound but why didnt you mention gastroc nemius or soleus?

Actually i just quickly did that gastrocnemius would bend the knee while hes walking so it would assist. Soleus flexes the ankle so not really. But these are variables because he'll be dorsi and plantar flexing when he walks. I was naming off sort of major muscles. Gastrocnemius would still get worked but I wouldn't say to a significant degree. What I do for a living is a mystery :P

Anterior tibialis and plantaris and stuff would probably get a minor workout as well...plantaris is pretty useless though since we don't grab anything with our feet any more lol.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wigan_gamer
Tell me :) are you a physio?
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Human-after-all
Tell me :) are you a physio? wigan_gamer
Nope! That doesn't pay enough to have to go through anatomy lol.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 wigan_gamer
[QUOTE="wigan_gamer"]Tell me :) are you a physio? Human-after-all

This is annoying me haha :( You must work with some sports teams or athletes of some kind..... If that is the case I am even more interested !
Human-after-all

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Human-after-all

[QUOTE="Human-after-all"][QUOTE="wigan_gamer"]Tell me :) are you a physio? wigan_gamer

This is annoying me haha :( You must work with some sports teams or athletes of some kind..... If that is the case I am even more interested !

I am incapable of working with athletes at the moment. But I will in about a year and a half. In 3 or 4 years I want to try and attend the olympics with my countries team (Canada).

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

Atmanix
lol ownd.
ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#41 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

Use a forklift instead.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
I know your pain TC. I remember one night walking home and my girlfriend had high heels on and asked me to carry her because her feet hurt so much. I did it, but oh my god i nearly pulled a hernia. I think it probably has to do with your size to be honest. I'm only a little taller than you, and i work out quite a lot and i'm in pretty decent shape, so that's not the problem. I just think people of a smaller stature aren't built to be carrying other people around. :P
MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MortgageMan007
Member since 2010 • 875 Posts

So OT, i have a problem. I'm 5'5 but I have a *little* trouble carrying my girlfriend. I can carry her, but it's extremely strenous on me, and like.. my whole face pretty much goes red. I also figure that it's because I'm short, so it's harder to walk while carrying her.

I don't know what the problem is because I can do like.. a lot of pull ups, but I think that's more to do with my light weight and small size than really being that strong.

So, what workout should I do to build the strength needed to carry a girl without much problem, if any at all?

DirtyHarry1988

As long as you are carrying her to the bed then it's all good.

GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

First of all, why is it necessary that you carry your girlfriend? Is she that lazy?

bcroger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 bcroger2
Member since 2009 • 848 Posts

DirtyHarry1988
Triceps and biceps and legs mostly. But she's probably around 90-600 pounds, mostly likely 140 (since your short she probably weights a lot). Its hard to carry that much weight especially if your 5'5" I would just not lift her, and if you do, lift lots of weights or else you will get embarrassed. Another good idea would be to use a wheelchair.
Avatar image for tocklestein2005
tocklestein2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tocklestein2005
Member since 2008 • 5532 Posts

Dude, work on your love muscle.

Avatar image for bebopoutlaw3gun
bebopoutlaw3gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bebopoutlaw3gun
Member since 2004 • 5584 Posts

My blow up girlfriend is so easy to carry around. That's why she's my favorite.

Mousetaches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mousetaches
Member since 2009 • 1293 Posts

Boyfriend gives +3 to stamina and 15% increased running speed!

ayanami_rei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ayanami_rei
Member since 2005 • 17115 Posts
[QUOTE="DirtyHarry1988"] No not piggy back. I wouldn't even be able to walk at all if that were the case cause i'm too short.. I'll be taking dwarf steps. :P It's like, I'm carrying her and she's horizontal.

Height doesn't mean **** when it comes to piggybacks. My nephew is shorter than me and I'm 5'3". I weight more than him and he gives me piggyback rides all the time, and he's nine. :| He doesn't complain. He ASKS me to get on his back and if I don't, he picks me up anyway. Then I give him piggyback rides back. You need to work on your muscles. If my nephew can carry me around without a problem, then you should be able to, too. How much do you weigh, anyway?
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Probably the same muscles that you use to carry a stack of books or a printer.