What Movie Franchise are you most excited to come back?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What Movie Franchise are you most excited to come back? (28 votes)

Jurassic World 21%
Teminator Genisys 14%
Star Wars Force Awakens 32%
Mad Max Fury Road 21%
Other 11%

which one you wanna see most that is making a comeback?

• 
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

Star Wars

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56225 Posts

Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Jurassic World is a hard pick for me but I'm going with Star Wars cause hey, I like SW and it's the big thing especially coming from Disney and not George Lucas [glad he's gone] so it get's the vote. Jurassic World on the other hand, this year, we will see if people still love Dinosaurs and hey, I like Dinosaurs.

I got to admit, your threads are really improving ProtossX.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4  Edited By dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

Star Wars is to over rated for me, i am going with arnold :p

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dylandr

@Iszdope:

JK, love you baby
JK, love you baby
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56225 Posts

@dylandr said:

@Iszdope:

JK, love you baby
JK, love you baby

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@davillain- said:

I got to admit, your threads are really improving ProtossX.

Exactly.

To TC, The Force Awakens, Terminator Genesys , Avengers 2 , Mad Max Fury Road

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

It looks to be a fantastic summer for movies, however I'm getting extremely excited for Terminator.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

They all look pretty terrible except for Mad Max. Jurassic World could be fun but, meh.

SPECTRE and Mission Impossible Rogue Nation are the sequels I care about.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Jurassic World for the nostalgia even though I think the movie is going to suck considering Chris Pratt is in it...but Jurassic Park is still one of my favourite movies of all times; I had the dinossaur craze just like almost everybody born in the 80's. After that Star Wars and that's about it.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dylandr

@korvus: terminator? (or was that 90's?)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@dylandr: Terminator is from the 80;s and JP is from the 90's but my point was that every child of the 80's was obcessed with dinosaurs so when JP came out in '93 it was a major craze.

I don't much care for Terminator.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dylandr

@korvus: arnold dissaproves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@dylandr: Nah, Conan is cool; he can stay.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dylandr

@korvus:

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnd13

@korvus: @dylandr: I got to admit I'm not a fan of Terminator either(don't shoot). I think I've only seen one of the Arnie movies but can't make up my mind as to which one.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dylandr

@johnd13: Sorry, I shot anyways!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@johnd13: Probably Total Recall. The Mars one?

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dylandr

@korvus: I liked this one so much!

What was it called again?
What was it called again?
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 johnd13

@korvus: Sorry I meant one of the Arnie Terminator movies. But I have seen Total Recall and some others starring him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@johnd13: Ah, I see =)

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By johnd13

@dylandr said:

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dylandr

@johnd13 said:

@dylandr said:

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Star Wars is a different league than the a others.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59086 Posts

Of those? Mad Max looks about the closest to decent.

Terminator Genisys looks pretty terrible I think, personally, in my personal, honest to god, personal opinion. Honestly. The grungy realistic look seems replaced by a cleanness, Sarah Conner now looks like an 16 year old model, the CGI in the trailer was terrible (Terminator 2 still holds up today), and while I love abit of Arnie and thought Terminator 3, while nowhere near as good as the first two, was at least "alright", you can see they wheeled him out for sales, he's pissing on his own legacy.

Jurassic Park is slightly annoying as well, everyone looks like a model and just hitting or under 30. But could still be alright as fluff.

Star Wars: Force Awakens hasn't shown much of anything., J Abrams fucked up star trek, the man is a demon. I was re-watching it on Netflix to reaffirm how shit it is, they even screwed up the Klingon Birds Of Prey.

It's established in "The Undiscovered County" Uhura can't speak Klingon, having to use a translation book, but in this, she apparently speaks fluent Klingon that amounts to nothing, they still get ready to kill her. I don't think she does a single useless thing or has a point in this movie. "you are love interest woman".

Whats the point of Robocops daughter as well? She doesn't stop him from firing on the Enterprise. She seems to be purely in there for a bra and panty shot.

They even manage to screw up Section 31, which as a "men in black" style organization was used excellently in Deep Space 9 . Here it basically amounts to "we have super weapon, we pew pew you!".

Also I hate Michael Giacchino sappy music score that sounds ripped straight out of Lost when Captain Jock is busy kicking the magical ship core, you know literally 5 minutes later he will be alive. In Wrath Of Khan i had a genuine warmth between the characters, everything in this movie feels phony like something pushing a button saying "you are now suppose to feel sad".

That light-saber was cool.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dylandr

@Storm_Marine: The O league? (O for over rated)

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 johnd13

@dylandr:

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dylandr

@johnd13:

RichieTickles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RichieTickles
Member since 2014 • 424 Posts

All of them scare me. They scare me for the amount of fail each one can and will likely be. Jurassic series has been a joke since Jurassic 2, Terminator is a C film series w/o James Cameron, and Star Wars should never have been sold to Disney or had another trilogy made.

Mad Max is probably the most likely movie of all that were listed to actually be decent. The thing is I've seen many post-apocalyptic films and games already, what can the original "wasteland" movie series give me? Bane running around the desert in a dune buggy with a sawed of shotgun sounds cool, but I take everything with a grain of salt.

Also, I think Gibson should have had some involvement with the movie. Just flat out replacing him from the role, which was one of the best characters he ever played, doesn't feel right.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

1) Jurassic Park would be nice if the promotional material so far didn't make it seem like just a retread of the same old shit. That's bad for Jurassic Park, because the best thing about the original movie is how Stephen Spielberg managed to evoke a sense of awe and discovery. Granted, the dinosaurs killing people was kind of cool, but the best thing was how he sold it. It just seemed like this really amazing fucking place, and they did a great job of selling how awesome and amazing it is.

How is Jurassic World supposed to compete with that? From the trailers, it automatically seems to be copying the original premise, but MINUS any of the awe and discovery. After all, jurassic world is a world that finds dinosaurs so ho-hum that they've trained velociraptors and people have no problem flocking to that park despite the shitload of people who have gotten eaten by dinosaurs in previous attempts. Even the goddamn characters, the freaking dinosaur food, are stripped of their sense of discovery. Otherwise, how would they have ever have managed to buy a ticket to Jurassic World in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, it might be a good movie. But i'm not sold on it.

2) Terminator Generisysis? Who gives a shit? This franchise never should have gone beyond one movie. "But no, what about Terminator 2?" Terminator 2 was great solely as an action movie, it's James Cameron at his best, yadda yadda yadda. But as a SEQUEL? **** Terminator 2. And that's the thing...this is an ongoing franchise with 2 movies in it (at best). Hell...the only reason T2 was the movie it was is because James Cameron didn't have the means and the budget to do an all out future war movie. And that's what the Terminator franchise should have been. the Terminator, plus MAYBE one "sequel" that shows the badass future war and ends by continuing into The Terminator. Just an Orobouros of movies, that never ends and constantly loops onto itself.

And that's just MAYBE. Because even in that "ideal" situation, that'd still make Terminator 2 an actual PREQUEL. And as we all know, prequels fucking suck. So I maintain that this franchise never should have gone beyond the first fucking movie. granted, Cameron did a great job on the sequel, but in doing so he set the stage for the entire story becoming so convoluted and stupid and fucked up that it doesn't make ANY goddamn sense. And that would be fine if that was what The Terminator was about, but it's NOT what The Terminator was about. "No Fate but what we make?" **** that shit. The Terminator's big fucking reveal was that YES, we are all victims of fate. Like it or hate it, that ends the fucking franchise. There is nowhere to go from there, ESPECIALLY when it's a time travel movie so you already know EXACTLY what everyone's fate is. Terminator becoming a 5-movie-franchise is like someone turning 12 Monkeys into a 5-movie-franchise. Sure, you COULD do it, if you don't give a flying **** about the story and only want to show more scenes of Bald Bruce Willis beating people to death and drooling all over himself. Still, the first movie will always be the only one that fucking matters.

Anyway, **** Terminator movies. Sequels are JUST like a sequel to fucking 12 monkeys. All of the despair and hopelessness, and love-in-the-face-of-despair-and-hopelessness are fucking gone once you establish that you can change the fucking rules in order to show more shootings and beatings. Action, **** yeah! It's like making a movie about a woman dying of cancer, and then she actually fucking dies at the end of the movie. Then some studio **** sees that everyone likes that movie, so he says, "so, what if everyone's favorite cancer woman didn't actually die? The audience saw that she died, but then we can start the sequel with a scene showing how she onlty ALMOST died, and then she beats her cancer and lives a long life?" And that's how I feel about The Terminator. It was fucking dead as soon as the first movie ended. Can we please start learning how to let dead things die with DIGNITY?

3) Star Wars? Eh, I'm interested. Not that I care that much, but Star Wars has always been kind of stupid and kind of cool, so okay. I like these movies enough that I'd be glad seeing more, but I also don't like them enough to care if they're total shit. I'll definitely see it, but I don't particularly care about it one way or the other. There's enough cool shit in even the bad Star Wars movies to keep me entertained for a little while. Simultaneously, none of the good Star Wars movies (with the POSSIBLE exception of ESB) were good enough for me to care whether or not the franchise sucks. I'll watch it, but I am not really anticipating it since I have a really hard time caring about Star Wars. I don't actively dislike the stuff, I am just "mostly indifferent, leaning on the side of cool."

4) Fury Road is my most anticipated. Partly because I've seen enough of it to know that it looks fucking insane. Seriously, this shit looks SO fucking awesome. My only real worry at this point is that it might just come off as a more ball-to-the-wall retread of Mad Max 2. And yeah...Mad Max 2 was the fucking shit, I mean...omfg...wtf! But that was sort of UNIQUE within the Mad Max trilogy. All three of them were kind of different. Even Beyond Thunderdome, while being the weakest link, was different enough that I could appreciate it for at least TRYING to be different. But Fury Road? As fucking amazing as this shit looks, I have to admit that it also looks too much like "Mad Max 2 on steroids and PCP." Which might be fine for pure visual spectacle, but I'd also really like to see something NEW here.

Still...have you SEEN the Fury Road trailers? I mean, omg, holy fucking shit!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Terminator

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By dylandr

wait where is, Dumb and dumber to?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44608 Posts

Out of the poll list, Mad Max: Fury Road. I still want to see Star Wars, I'm just not all that excited about it, interested but not excited, same goes for Jurassic Park.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

"Jurassic" franchise and "Mad Max" were always meh to me. Terminator without Arnold? No thanks. Star Wars by default.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#37 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

As a series returning it's probably Jurassic Park, as movie it's Star Wars

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Mad Max.. Definitely...It is being directed by the original creator, and has a solid acting caste.. The new terminator movie looks absolutely awful and reeks of generic pop corn summer action movie which was plain with the trailer...... Jurassic Park does not need a reboot.. They should have left it at the first or second one.. This one just looks fucking stupid.. As for Star Wars.. We have literally only seen a minute long teaser, I really can't get that excited for something in which episodes one through three ruined the franchise.. So much so that the only real successful IP with Starwars since it's release have been settings that are thousands of years before them.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I would love to see a decent sequel to the Highlander. The tv show was ok but all of the movies after the original were terrible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#40 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59086 Posts

@fenriz275 said:

I would love to see a decent sequel to the Highlander. The tv show was ok but all of the movies after the original were terrible.

The anime movie is suppose to be really good, made by the guy who made Ninja Scroll (which is a fucking awesome movie).

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41  Edited By THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@ferrari2001 said:

It looks to be a fantastic summer for movies, however I'm getting extremely excited for Terminator.

ahh that would be winter....

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

@THUMPTABLE said:

@ferrari2001 said:

ahh that would be winter....

?? Not sure what you are referring to? Summer movies do look fantastic and Genisys comes out July 1st, which is summer.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Mad Max and then Star Wars.

ps3hdalltime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points