what kind of music you enjoy most ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by indzman (16239 posts) -

pop or rock from 70's to 90's , rythmn & blues ( 70's to 90's) with some 90's Hip Hop thrown in ( Tupac, Notorious BIG ), japanese video games music ( NIER ). Not a fan of alternate rock or metal or present day pop/rock music.

what kind of music you enjoy listening to most OT ?

#2 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

Opera specifically Italian and French.

#3 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149319 posts) -

Rock.....especially alternative. But in general rock. That said I can listen to most genres of music....as long as it's not the mainstream low denominator music.

#4 Posted by Ring_of_fire (15618 posts) -

Western art music

#5 Posted by Korvus (2200 posts) -

It really depends on the mood...I can go from Classical, to Celtic, to Metal in a few hours =P

#6 Posted by bowchicka07 (1064 posts) -

Classic Rock, Punk, Alternative, Grunge, Metal, Folk,

I won't get into sub-genres or I'd be here for awhile

#7 Posted by brimmul777 (1021 posts) -

Alot of Classic Rock,Classic Metal.

#8 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -

Anything from rock, like Senses Fail, Blink 182, to deathcore like Despised Icon. Even metalcore like The Devil Wears Prada, A Day To Remember, August Burns Red.

#9 Edited by foxhound_fox (86576 posts) -
  1. Death metal
  2. Groove metal
  3. Avant-garde jazz (emphasis on John Coltrane)
  4. Romantic Classical (emphasis on Beethoven)
  5. Delta blues (emphasis on B.B. King)
  6. Black metal (emphasis on Venom)
  7. Viking/folk metal

Adding in doom metal because of Candlemass and my new favourite singer Messiah Marcolin.

#10 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16370 posts) -

First let me say when it comes to music, I am VERY openminded and listen to just about everything. That includes music in other languages that I can't understand. I would say I don't like Opera, but even some of that is good. As for what is my favorite. I would have to go with classic rock from the 60's and 70's. Stuff like Steve Miller Band, Survivor, Journey, The Police, The Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Edgar Winter Group, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Led Zeppelin, etc etc..

#11 Posted by playmynutz (5903 posts) -

Hip-Hop after 2009 has been pretty dope. Dub Reggae like Max Romeo, The Scientist, King Tubby, etc.

#12 Edited by one_plum (6285 posts) -

Alternative rock, ambient, dark ambient, post rock, electronica

#13 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

Rock/ Metal. Digging old school metal lately.

#14 Posted by Iszdope (9331 posts) -

Metal.

Mostly Black & Doom.

#15 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2257 posts) -

Electronic, mainly the House and Trance variety. Video game music, mainly from RPGs. I sometimes listen to Classic rock and Alternative rock.

#16 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (16937 posts) -
#17 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (701 posts) -

For me classic rock & 90s grunge - alternative rock. I still listen to rap sometimes too, mostly Texas shit.

#18 Posted by CountBleck12 (22485 posts) -

Death Metal, Brutal Death Metal, Black Metal (some), Metal, Hard Rock, Rock, Classic Rock (some), and rap (very few songs in particular, and the artists are not mainstream).

#19 Edited by t1striker (1549 posts) -

Classic Country, Classical, and Classic Rock. I do like some new stuff such as James Walsh, Jamey Johnson, and Joe Nichols.

#20 Posted by lonewolf604 (8507 posts) -

Pretty much everything, except that I mostly practice classical music.

#21 Posted by hippiesanta (9712 posts) -

At the moment ...... Bad Brain .... imagine trayvon martin in a punk rock crowd

#22 Posted by hippiesanta (9712 posts) -

@indzman:

you should watch this segment from a documentary called GLOBAL METAL (force yourself for 8 minutes) ... I insist

#23 Posted by sukraj (21450 posts) -

80's pop music

#24 Posted by Kevlar101 (5955 posts) -

Generally speaking, Rock.

Though, I have a pretty big musical range.

I enjoy Soft Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Alternative Rock, Progressive Rock, Pop-Rock (hey, the Beatles are considered Pop-Rock if i'm not mistaken), Rap-Rock, Garage Rock, Glam Rock (Hair Metal), and.... ya know what? To shorten this list, i'ma just say this: basically all variations and sub-genres of rock.

Then I also like some Rap (not a lot though).

I like a bit of Classical on rare occasion.

Also, Reggae sometimes sparks my interest.

Some of that 80s Funk music can be pretty catchy.

I also like Electronica as well.

#25 Posted by WittleWittleton (47 posts) -

Post-rock, post-metal, death metal (and all the numerous death metal subgenres, especially slam), black metal, and grunge. I also don't mind jazz and classical, but i don't actively listen to those two as frequent as the others listed.

#26 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15599 posts) -

Alternative rock, classic rock. Whatever kids nowadays call daddy rock.

Speaking of daddy rock.....

#27 Posted by thereal25 (299 posts) -

dance, trance and some pop music that has a positive feel good vibe

#28 Posted by yokofox33 (28788 posts) -

I don't know. I kind of like everything. If I had to choose, I suppose rock and classic rock.

#29 Posted by Big_Pecks (5189 posts) -

Indie and folk.

#30 Posted by VaguelyTagged (10016 posts) -

ambient.

#31 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23800 posts) -

Metal, rock, and video game music.

#32 Edited by Shmiity (4957 posts) -

I tend to go for new wave/post punk bands. Those bands that are kind of pop, kind of dance-y, kind of synthy.

I'm a sucker for "of the moment" indie rock bands, and have liked every band on the NME tour. That should help you understand.

#33 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2496 posts) -

Radiohead.

#34 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9188 posts) -

Reggaeton.

Which is a bit odd becuz there was a time where i didnt pay much attention to it, and even tho it is the one that captures my attention the most now, I hate the immense amount of shit that comes out constantly in the current generation.

#35 Edited by Iszdope (9331 posts) -

^

Hippie confirmed.

Edit: not that there is anything wrong with that.

#36 Edited by theone86 (20555 posts) -

I'm on a big acoustic kick right now, almost anything played on instruments without cables I'm into. I'm really getting into Folk, New Folk, Ska, Reggae, good Country (the kind where they're not just singing about pickups and American flags), Bluegrass, and some classic Pop Rock. I still like some of my old standbys like Alternative, Grunge, Blues, Blues Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Country Rock (especially by bands not named Lynard Skynard), Classic Rock, and a little bit of Punk Rock (mostly the kind that Punk purists don't consider Punk). I also have a couple of guilty pleasures, mostly 90's Pop Rock (Sugar Ray, Train, etc.) I generally dislike Metal and Rap, with some choice exceptions, and I can't stand mainstream Country, Modern Pop (starting about Brittney Spears' time, I like artists from right before that like Michael Jackson), and basically anything electronic (trance, techno, electronica, house, dubstep, I can't even tell the difference between these). I like Soul every time I hear it and I've been meaning to get into it for a while, and I was never that into Jazz but I've had some positive experiences lately. I ripped a couple of albums, I just haven't gotten around to listening to them yet. I do love brass, I think it comes up just short of strings in my book.

#37 Posted by Zelda99 (728 posts) -

I listen to almost everything but my favorite genre is soundtracks. Music from movies, tv, and video games are what i listen to predominately. It's the reason i'm so interested in music and sound from an engineering stand point, and why i've spend a ridiculous amount of money on "sound"

#38 Edited by wii60_3 (2006 posts) -

Rap/Hipop, Rock/Metal (not oldschool metal though), some R&B /pop as well as electronic music catches my attention

Rap/Rock or R&B/Metal combos intrigue me, hybrid theory was my first album and issues(2014) is the last album i listened to

#39 Posted by TheFlush (5409 posts) -

Mostly alternative electronic music

• Deep House
  • Nu-Disco
  • TripHop
  • Electronic Ambient
#40 Posted by donmuath (47 posts) -

All kinds of Metal except power Metal, a few Rock bands with good, well thought out songwriting like Alter Bridge and tool.

#41 Edited by Sword-Demon (6841 posts) -

Melodic death metal is my favorite, but I can enjoy pretty much any kind (except rap and country), depending on my mood.

#42 Posted by Cynical_Buzzard (224 posts) -

Grunge.