What is your stance on...

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Well yeah I know there is a thread but my thread is not a response thread to that. Im just taking its title.

So I just watch this vid and people are all disgusted by it saying the father is a monster and all that.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=83964

What is your stance on ass whoopings?

Im all for it. And I use to get the same type of belt whipping, the same way that father did (against the wall screaming for your life). I dont know why those girls were all screaming like they were dying tho, they had long pants for god's sake. I use to get hit with shorts on, in my undees, even naked while coming out the shower. Plus each one took like 6 licks at most. Thats nothing. 

Im glad the father beat them, wish more parents would beat their stupid kids for doing dumb ass sh*t.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Beating children means they will be damaged as adults.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow

DroidPhysX

Im alright.

and pretty much everyone else who was born since the beginning of time and up to the early 1990s turned out alright.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts
It could work when done properly. Going overboard crosses into abuse. Also, it doesn't work on everybody.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

DroidPhysX

A lot of things that happen to children can damage them 

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts
A belt would have been better and yeah, since the "you can't spank children" crowd has taken hold, lack of discipline has really taken hold and we know what has happened since, especially with the "my kids didn't do it" crowd who don't believe their kids could smash mail boxes or worse.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

As long as it doesn't delve into abuse, then there's nothing wrong with it.Children these days are too spoiled, they need a good ass beating.

Just watched the video, the father has my respect. This twerking f*ckry needs to stop and I don't blame him for not condoning it.

I doubt they'll be twerking their asses again.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts
my folks would make us go outside and find the switch they were about to use on us... if we found a wimpy one, they laughed and made us find a bigger one. choosing your own pain is the best way to raise your children and teach them valuable life lessons.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

As long as it doesn't delve into abuse, then there's nothing wrong with it Children these days are too spoiled, they good a good ass beating.

Just watched the video, the father has my respect. This twerking f*ckry needs to stop and I don't blame him for not condoning it.

Shottayouth13-
I didn't know that a new term was developed for booty dancing, but I agree, no child, pre-teen or teen needs to be booty shaking or twerking. I can't blame the Dad for being mad.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shottayouth13-
[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]

As long as it doesn't delve into abuse, then there's nothing wrong with it Children these days are too spoiled, they good a good ass beating.

WhiteKnight77
I didn't know that a new term was developed for booty dancing, but I agree, no child, pre-teen or teen needs to be booty shaking or twerking. I can't blame the Dad for being mad.

And what really pisses me off is that some people are going to demonize this man. What did they expect him to do, give them a stern talking to? America needs to get rid of that can't beat your children law. It's just creating a generation of disrespectful children.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

those little plastic hotweels race tracks hurt like a b!tch.

i dont think its as acceptable now, than it was back then. people are too sensitive nowadays.

harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
There is a difference between discipline and beating. My parents spanked me when I was a kid, and that was for discipline. What the father in that video is doing is beating, and it is awful.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

You risk them ending up like me.

The last time I got paddled was in 5th grade and went like this:

Me: (laughing) harder.

Teacher: Oh, you want more? You like it?

Me: Yeah. Sexually.

Never got paddled (at school) again. :(

Also, I wasn't lying. :cool:

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nengo_Flow
There is a difference between discipline and beating. My parents spanked me when I was a kid, and that was for discipline. What the father in that video is doing is beating, and it is awful.harashawn
he's beat for discipline
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
When discipline reaches the point where violence becomes necessary, then questions regarding the parent(s) ability to raise their child should begin and the child's mental health should be evaluated.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

I had a slipper thrown at my feet a couple times by my mom....

im still mentally scarred to this day

..but yea, dont beat your kids

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

people are too sensitive nowadays.

konvikt_17

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
I'm all for tough love but don't be stupid TC, that was clearly excessive force.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nengo_Flow
I'm all for tough love but don't be stupid TC, that was clearly excessive force.PernicioEnigma
i use to get the same thing with more and longer.
Avatar image for michael_1234576
michael_1234576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 michael_1234576
Member since 2004 • 8621 Posts
I was spanked a few times growing up but only because I was a little hell raiser. I'm cool with a little spanking if warranted but an "ass whooping" defiantly sounds way over board.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]I'm all for tough love but don't be stupid TC, that was clearly excessive force.Nengo_Flow

That doesn't make it okay.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nengo_Flow
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]I'm all for tough love but don't be stupid TC, that was clearly excessive force.PernicioEnigma

misbehavior deserves punishment I think it was well deserve. Wish more parents had an iron fist for their children's bullsh*t
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts
I'm not going to lie, I may be incredibly wimpy, but I still have nightmares about my dad yelling obscenities while hitting me or a sibling with the buckle end of a belt. I cringed throughout that entire video. I just don't see how that is ever warranted. Discipline? Definitely. But beating? I feel like all it did for me, personally, was make me lose any respect I had for my father. I realize kids are different and respond differently to different things, though, but I still don't see the way this father acted as being a good option ever.
MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
He didn't beat them that bad. I've seen worse and got worse.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Completely against them. I still remember what it was like when my dad spanked me, all it did was make me afraid of him. Nothing against my dad though, he's an awesome guy.

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
They do say to pick on people your own size. I don't like it.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nengo_Flow

He didn't beat them that bad. I've seen worse and got worse.MgamerBD
finally some one that understands. I watch the vid like I was watching a funny cat vid. I wasnt horrified. I was just like "Heh, I remember when I got those beatings, ah..... good times" Cuz I actually laugh at my memories of my beat downs, I think its funny that i got beat like that.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
It's fine unless they overkill it.
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
i admire OP's toughness and mental fortitude
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

mccoyca112

No, we just know more about neurological and social development in youth. You shouldn't hit your kids for any reason in theory....In practice, I'm sure the temptation is harder to control.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nengo_Flow

i admire OP's toughness and mental fortitudeVanHelsingBoA64

fry.PNG?1307468855

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nengo_Flow

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

chrisrooR

No, we just know more about neurological and social development in youth. You shouldn't hit your kids for any reason in theory....In practice, I'm sure the temptation is harder to control.

yeah but those girls were around 15, they know the deal by now and arent going to suffer any "development" issues like beating a 3-4year old would.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PernicioEnigma
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"][QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"] i use to get the same thing with more and longer.

misbehavior deserves punishment I think it was well deserve. Wish more parents had an iron fist for their children's bullsh*t

Indeed. There are varying degrees of punishment, this is excessive, as I said in my post. I'm not suggesting bad behavior shouldn't be punished.
Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

I don't think that was called for and was excessive. These kids are too old for this to be an effective punishment. 

I do think that there is a need for corporal punishment and is a good way to convey the consiquences of actions and prevent bad behavior in children, but you get to an age where you can understand actions to the point where physical punishment is not needed and not effective. 

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

study after study has shown that kids that are beaten or spanked do worse in life financially, are more likely to develop fetishes/mental disorders, are more prone to violence, ect.

So I'm opposed to it.

also, your dad sounds like a terrible parent.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
There is a difference between physical discipline and beating. THAT was beating and what that guy did to his kid is not okay. I am perfectly fine with a parent giving a child a slap on the ass with an open hand, I had it done to me and I was okay. Whipping your child with an object, including a stick, belt, jump rope, metal or wooden rod, etc etc etc. is not okay. I believe if you're going to physically discipline your child it should be done with your open hand, nothing else. She made a twerking video. A parent who has more than 3 brain cells would sit the child down and explain to them why that is inappropriate, not beat them with a belt until they're sobbing. That doesn't fix the situation or teach the child anything except that you're horrible.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

Nengo_Flow

yeah but those girls were around 15, they know the deal by now and arent going to suffer any "development" issues like beating a 3-4year old would.

Entirely false. Entirely.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Jesus, there are a lot of sociopaths in this thread.  The dad grabs an extension cord, whips the girl until she's crying on the ground, then keeps on whipping her all the while screaming profanities at her and you people are all "she deserves it, needs to stop crying, today's youth are spoiled, etc."  I seriously hope nobody who watches that video and is completely okay with it ever has kids.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

chrisrooR

I'm talking in general, and that is indisputable. In theory, or practice, it's subjective. Only thing that isn't subjective is the landslide of support towards time-outs. I've had my share of whippings. I had it worse. My cousin got it even worse than I did. And we both deserved them. I don't say that because I think kids should get what I got. I say that because getting grounded, or getting "the talk" didn't stop me. Whippings did. Most times.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

mccoyca112

I'm talking in general, and that is indisputable. In theory, or practice, it's subjective. Only thing that isn't subjective is the landslide of support towards time-outs. I've had my share of whippings. I had it worse. My cousin got it even worse than I did. And we both deserved them. I don't say that because I think kids should get what I got. I say that because getting grounded, or getting "the talk" didn't stop me. Whippings did. Most times.

States subjective opinion, posits it as indusputable, rofl.

Anecdotal evidence, more rofl.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

mccoyca112

:roll: How is that indisputable? You wouldn't happen to have any empirically reviewed studies to support that claim, would you?

You shouldn't hit your kids for ANY reason. It's only an extremely temporary solution, and you're teaching your children to fear you as a parent. Just because you were whipped as a child does not make it any more acceptable an action for parents to resort to. 

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shottayouth13-

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"] No, we just know more about neurological and social development in youth. You shouldn't hit your kids for any reason in theory....In practice, I'm sure the temptation is harder to control.

chrisrooR

:roll: How is that indisputable? You wouldn't happen to have any empirically reviewed studies to support that claim, would you?

You shouldn't hit your kids for ANY reason. It's only an extremely temporary solution, and you're teaching your children to fear you as a parent. Just because you were whipped as a child does not make it any more acceptable an action for parents to resort to. 

But your children should fear you. Not fear in a "I'm going to die way", but rather in a respectful "I don't want to cross them way." It makes them know that there's a line that must never be crossed.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#43 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

But your children should fear you. Not fear in a "I'm going to die way", but rather in a respectful "I don't want to cross them way." It makes them know that there's a line that must never be crossed.Shottayouth13-
If you do what the guy in that video did, their fear will be the "I'm going to die" way.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shottayouth13-

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]But your children should fear you. Not fear in a "I'm going to die way", but rather in a respectful "I don't want to cross them way." It makes them know that there's a line that must never be crossed.BuryMe

If you do what the guy in that video did, their fear will be the "I'm going to die" way.

Lol oh please. That was nothing. My siblings and cousins (not me, I was a good kid for the most part) got it much worse than that in their childhood, and now in their adulthood, they still maintain a great relationship with their parents. We just all know that there's a line that mustn't be crossed.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#45 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

[QUOTE="BuryMe"]

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"]But your children should fear you. Not fear in a "I'm going to die way", but rather in a respectful "I don't want to cross them way." It makes them know that there's a line that must never be crossed.Shottayouth13-

Lol oh please. That was nothing. My siblings and cousins (not me, I was a good kid for the most part) got it much worse than that in their childhood, and now in their adulthood, they still maintain a great relationship with their parents. We just all know that there's a line that mustn't be crossed.

That was brutal. Do that to an adult and you could find yourself in jail for battery.

There is a line that you souldn't cross, but it works both ways. What that guy did, and what your cousins apparently got from their parents, was WAY over the line.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chrisrooR
[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]

[QUOTE="mccoyca112"]

Shottayouth13-

But your children should fear you. Not fear in a "I'm going to die way", but rather in a respectful "I don't want to cross them way." It makes them know that there's a line that must never be crossed.

Parents are the last people a child should fear. I don't know where you're getting that idea...possibly your own parents?
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shottayouth13-

[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]If you do what the guy in that video did, their fear will be the "I'm going to die" way.

BuryMe

That was brutal. Do that to an adult and you could find yourself in jail for battery.

There is a line that you souldn't cross, but it works both ways. What that guy did, and what your cousins apparently got from their parents, was WAY over the line.

LOL, brutal how? Their unnecessary screaming just amplified everything. Parents have a right to discipline their children. As long as it doesn't cross abuse, then no government body has any right telling a parent how they should raise their child.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#48 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Corporal punishment definitely isn't something that should be on video ever...

I wouldn't deny my bratty child a good smack or two.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shottayouth13-
[QUOTE="Shottayouth13-"][QUOTE="chrisrooR"] :roll: How is that indisputable? You wouldn't happen to have any empirically reviewed studies to support that claim, would you?

chrisrooR

Parents are the last people a child should fear. I don't know where you're getting that idea...possibly your own parents?

I fear them in the way that I know that there's a line that must never be crossed. That is, I respect them. I have a lovely relationship with my parents thank you.
Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

Holy hell child aid services should be called. I understand if you use a small stick on their hand or back but that was just sick.