What is your opinion on Applebees?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 6 months, 12 days ago

Poll: What is your opinion on Applebees? (20 votes)

Yah 30%
Nah 70%

I finally went there today with some friends and only one thing came to mind when I tried the food:

#1 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

I went there for the first time in years and tried the appetizer nachos and the jalapeno burger. Both were disgusting.

#2 Posted by plageus900 (936 posts) -

I went there for the first time in years and tried the appetizer nachos and the jalapeno burger. Both were disgusting.

Most of everything they serve is just microwave food.

#3 Edited by toast_burner (21142 posts) -

Never heard of it.

#4 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (27961 posts) -

They're terrible. The last time I went, I ordered some mozzarella sticks that were cold in the middle. That was it for me.

#5 Posted by JML897 (33111 posts) -

People give Applebee's shit all the time but I think it's fine for what it is.

#6 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (779 posts) -

I went once. We had it in my town for about 1/2 a year before it closed down.

Had the "knife and fork cordon blue" Final Verdict: Okay. Chicken and ham was well cooked, but the cheese was cheap and rubbery.

#7 Posted by konvikt_17 (22108 posts) -

never been

#8 Edited by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

one of the restaurants near me used to show UFC fights and sell some pretty decently sized margaritas for $4. i suspect the deal was meant to make the night bearable for girlfriends that got dragged to the fights, but i'll take a good deal when it's there.

#9 Edited by Ring_of_fire (15620 posts) -

Typical chain restaurant. It's fine, as I am not going in with great expectations.

#10 Posted by Master_Live (13662 posts) -
#11 Edited by Jd1680a (5898 posts) -

I find it to be pretty decent for casual dining.

#12 Posted by Shmiity (4971 posts) -

It used to be awful- now it's just a mediocre 99 or Chilis.

#13 Posted by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

Not worth the price.

#14 Edited by KingsofQueens (2128 posts) -

Normally I'm not a fan of chain restaurants, I prefer mom/pops or simple diners.

I actually went to an Applebees (in Staten Island NY) a few months ago and the food was just too salty. Maybe it was just THAT ONE Applebees, but I wouldn't know. And the tables and the place in general was just too dirty unsanitary.

#15 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16486 posts) -

They were great the last time I ate there...way back in 1992. Have no clue what they are like now, but this thread makes it seem like things have gone downhill big time over the decades.

#16 Edited by TwistedShade (3127 posts) -

They're great. Their milkshakes are really good, their deserts rock, and they have a lot of great menu choices.

I usually get the Parmesan covered shrimp sirloin and it's absolutely delicious.

#17 Edited by SonicNextGen2 (3371 posts) -

Their cheese is basically plastic mixed with orange food coloring. ._.

#18 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13730 posts) -

Terrible food, good drinks.

#19 Posted by GoogleAndroid (139 posts) -

It's alright. It's not a spectacular restaurant, but the food is decent and cheap. It's better than fast food for sure. And their wonton tacos are amazing, easily the best thing on the menu.

#20 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@Jd1680a said:

I find it to be pretty decent for casual dining.

#21 Posted by starfox15 (3966 posts) -

It's Applebee's. I don't really expect a five star experience when I go there, but I've been satisfied in most of my visits.

#22 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149540 posts) -

Never heard of it.

You're lucky. The food sucks...but then so does TGIFriday's food.

#23 Edited by solidruss (23640 posts) -

Yeah, way overrated. Mediocre food at best.

#24 Edited by HuggyBear1020 (456 posts) -

Honestly I can't tell the difference between Friday's, Applebees, and Chili's. They're all your typical serves-everything chain restaurant.

#25 Posted by curono (7710 posts) -

Mediocre food with overcharged prices

#26 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

They're definitely lower in terms of quality than your Friday's, Tuesday's or Chili's. But they win in value after 10pm. Half off appetizers, yes.

#27 Edited by 35cent (877 posts) -

I remember it tasting alright enough. Then again I haven't been there is 2006 so I can't even remember what I ordered.

#28 Edited by Serraph105 (27584 posts) -

@JML897 said:

People give Applebee's shit all the time but I think it's fine for what it is.

Pretty much this. They aren't great and a tad bit over-priced, but not bad.