What is your favorite cuddling position while watching a movie?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

Cuddlers of OT, lend me your ears.

So me and this girl whom I would consider to be my girlfriend like to cuddle when watching TV/Movies (mostly Star Trek).

At the moment we only have one position:

1. She's on my right (starting position)

2. I grab her left hand

3. She places here right hand around my arm

4. She leans on my shoulder

5. (optional) I place my left hand on her left hand (which is already holding my right hand)

It's time to spice things up, what are your favorite positions?

^ Obligatory romantic image.

#2 Posted by airshocker (30642 posts) -

Me and my wife got a very big couch because of this. I like to lay on my side with her in front of me and my left arm around her.

Our old couch wasn't big enough, but now we're happy. :)

#3 Posted by shoot-first (9785 posts) -

No, but I once cuddled with a cat.

#4 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

Wrapped up in a blanket and hugging a couch cushion.

#5 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

Me and my wife got a very big couch because of this. I like to lay on my side with her in front of me and my left arm around her.

Our old couch wasn't big enough, but now we're happy. :)

airshocker
Thats good to hear :) We're both on the short side so my medium sized couch should be able to fully accommodate this activity. Where do you rest your head (in order to get a good view of the movie?
#6 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -

If I said it I'd get banned.

#7 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

worlock77

Well I wouldn't want you to get banned

We're taking it slow... (haven't even kissed yet!) so I doubt it would be applicable to us anyways.

#8 Posted by xTheExploited (12094 posts) -
I use her as a chair.
#9 Posted by airshocker (30642 posts) -

Thats good to hear :) We're both on the short side so my medium sized couch should be able to fully accommodate this activity. Where do you rest your head (in order to get a good view of the movie?Meinhard1

I have my head resting on my arm, or on the big pillow. I don't tend to be awake for very long in that position, unless it's a very good movie. While she was pregnant it was nice, now with the monster we just lay him in his little automatic rocker.

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (41925 posts) -
I use her as a chair.xTheExploited
She's my 360 and TV. I don't cuddle with my TV nor with my 360 unless I buy a game that I enjoy.
#11 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]Thats good to hear :) We're both on the short side so my medium sized couch should be able to fully accommodate this activity. Where do you rest your head (in order to get a good view of the movie?airshocker

I have my head resting on my arm, or on the big pillow. I don't tend to be awake for very long in that position, unless it's a very good movie. While she was pregnant it was nice, now with the monster we just lay him in his little automatic rocker.

I could see this working, thanks :)
She a very delicate person, I doubt this would work for us.

#12 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -
[QUOTE="xTheExploited"]I use her as a chair.freedomfreak
She's my 360 and TV. I don't cuddle with my TV nor with my 360 unless I buy a game that I enjoy.

Somewhat unrelated but where I come from is very cold for much of the year and I have literally cuddled with my Wii for the warmth it provides.
#13 Posted by airshocker (30642 posts) -

I could see this working, thanks :)

Meinhard1

Sometimes, if the girl is comfortable enough, you can get her to lay on your chest while she watches the movie. My wife likes doing that now that she isn't pregnant.

Or you can just interwine your legs while laying on opposite ends of the couch.

Cuddling is all about relaxing while keeping that physical sensation with your partner.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (41925 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="xTheExploited"]I use her as a chair.Meinhard1

Somewhat unrelated but where I come from is very cold for much of the year and I have literally cuddled with my Wii for the warmth it provides.

There's nothing wrong with cuddling a gamesystem.
#15 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

What a corny thread :P

Anyways, it's laying down with the back side of my body pressed up against his front, and an arm wrapped around me holding one of my hands. Nice and cozy to where I could just fall asleep.

Damn, this just reminds me how long its been since I've been like that with someone.

#16 Posted by cyanidebakesale (387 posts) -

;_;

#17 Posted by pimpog (659 posts) -

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

Meinhard1

We're taking it slow... (haven't even kissed yet!) so I doubt it would be applicable to us anyways.

HUH I thought she was your girlfriend how is that possible ??

Are you one of those stalker in head romance guys that are stuck in the friend zone ??

#18 Posted by rragnaar (27023 posts) -

;_;

cyanidebakesale

:lol:... I just watched that episode last night.

#19 Posted by -Russ93 (1556 posts) -

back when I had my girlfriend over to watch movies, she would always lay on top of me. Thank God she was light as a twig.

#20 Posted by sAndroid17 (8711 posts) -

i cant cuddle for too long, usually 3 or 4 minutes and i get all Claustrophobic :(

#21 Posted by SeraphimGoddess (12958 posts) -
Every joke I see I can make at the cost of getting moderated makes me die a little inside. Let's say that is relevant to this thread. Anywho, basically anything that lets me use them as a pillow.
#22 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

pimpog

HUH I thought she was your girlfriend how is that possible ??

Are you one of those stalker in head romance guys that are stuck in the friend zone ??

Well I haven't had a girlfriend before so it's tough gage. We've had talks and have admitted that we like eachother so it's not like I'm in the "friend zone." We'll kiss soon, I'm just waiting for a good moment. This will be my first kiss so I feel like I want it to be special.
#23 Posted by carrot-cake (6880 posts) -

Cuddling!? What is this lustrous satanic activity!? There will be NO room for such "romance"!
Repent!
Repent!
Repent!

#24 Posted by fidosim (12901 posts) -

My crippling fears of intimacy and all forms of human interaction prevent me from cuddling.

#25 Posted by airshocker (30642 posts) -

My crippling fears of intimacy and all forms of human interaction prevent me from cuddling.

fidosim

That's what teddy bears are for. :P

#26 Posted by MrsSolidSnake (4921 posts) -

Well my last boyfriend was just as tall as I am so snuggling into his chest was quite uncomfortable for me as I was stretching my back. That may work if you are taller than her.

I found that laying on the lounge with him behind me with his arm around my stomach to be quite romantic, and I'd hold onto his hand too.

#27 Posted by berserker2389 (4627 posts) -
#28 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

What a corny thread :P

Anyways, it's laying down with the back side of my body pressed up against his front, and an arm wrapped around me holding one of my hands. Nice and cozy to where I could just fall asleep.

Damn, this just reminds me how long its been since I've been like that with someone.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Sounds kind of like what airshocker said except from the female point of view.

For some reason I didn't realize you were a girl until just now. "Suzy Q"... ah I see it now. :P

The fact that I'm asking people how to cuddle is cheesy in itself, I kind of just went with it. Also I'm sort of a cheesy poster.

#29 Posted by Meinhard1 (6786 posts) -

Well my last boyfriend was just as tall as I am so snuggling into his chest was quite uncomfortable for me as I was stretching my back. That may work if you are taller than her.

I found that laying on the lounge with him behind me with his arm around my stomach to be quite romantic, and I'd hold onto his hand too.

MrsSolidSnake
I only have a couple inches on her so we're practically the same height. I did try having her lay her head on my chest but that hurt her neck. A lot of people are suggesting lying down, I'll give it a shot :)
#30 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

fidosim
This. :cry: Forever alone!
#31 Posted by MrsSolidSnake (4921 posts) -
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"][QUOTE="MrsSolidSnake"]

I only have a couple inches on her so we're practically the same height. I did try having her lay her head on my chest but that hurt her neck. A lot of people are suggesting lying down, I'll give it a shot :)

Yeah, if anything I was about half an inch taller than my ex, and it does hurt. But he insisted on me laying on him like that, do try laying down :)
#32 Posted by airshocker (30642 posts) -

This. :cry: Forever alone!l4dak47

You should get a puppy. :P

#33 Posted by SeraphimGoddess (12958 posts) -
This thread has reminded me that forever alone.jpg has caught on way too fast with OT.
#34 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

Sounds kind of like what airshocker said except from the female point of view.

For some reason I didn't realize you were a girl until just now. "Suzy Q"... ah I see it now. :P

The fact that I'm asking people how to cuddle is cheesy in itself, I kind of just went with it. Also I'm sort of a cheesy poster.

Meinhard1

Because it's very romantic in itself ;)

Yeah, I get that more than I would've imagined!

Lol, nothing wrong with that :P

#35 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -
This thread has reminded me that forever alone.jpg has caught on way too fast with OT.SeraphimGoddess
Only because most of OT can relate. :P
#36 Posted by airshocker (30642 posts) -

Because it's very romantic in itself ;)

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

I'm the man. -Does the man dance.-

#37 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

[QUOTE="l4dak47"]This. :cry: Forever alone!airshocker

You should get a puppy. :P

I have 3 fat cats, if that counts.
#38 Posted by airshocker (30642 posts) -

I have 3 fat cats, if that counts. l4dak47

My wife has been bugging me about getting a cat. I really don't want one. I actually want to get two more german shepherds and name them Sam and Dean.

#39 Posted by l4dak47 (6838 posts) -

[QUOTE="l4dak47"]I have 3 fat cats, if that counts. airshocker

My wife has been bugging me about getting a cat. I really don't want one. I actually want to get two more german shepherds and name them Sam and Dean.

Don't listen to her......no, seriously don't, cats never do anything. I've been wanting 2 german sheperds, too. Unfortunately, I have to wait a bit longer.
#40 Posted by airshocker (30642 posts) -

Don't listen to her......no, seriously don't, cats never do anything. I've been wanting 2 german sheperds, too. Unfortunately, I have to wait a bit longer. l4dak47

That's what I keep telling her! I told her Ringo(our current German Shepherd) will love you unconditionally, no matter what you do to him. Cats make you work for it, when they shouldn't because I'd be the one feeding it and taking care of it.

Plus I kind of want some puppies to grow up with my son. Ringo can get a bit excitable, so I have to watch him around my boy.

#41 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

I'm the man. -Does the man dance.-

airshocker

Yes you are! :P
Don't listen to her......no, seriously don't, cats never do anything. I've been wanting 2 german sheperds, too. Unfortunately, I have to wait a bit longer. l4dak47
Cats are great low maintenance pets, but overall dogs are more fun and loving. It takes a while for a cat to warm up to you. I prefer both though.

#42 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24976 posts) -

Clutching a pillow while sitting on the middle cushion in the fetal position and softly sobbing to myself as a maelstrom of soul-crushing despair slowly overtakes my thoughts.

#43 Posted by SeraphimGoddess (12958 posts) -

Clutching a pillow while sitting on the middle cushion in the fetal position and softly sobbing to myself as a maelstrom of soul-crushing despair slowly overtakes my thoughts.

THE_DRUGGIE
Wow, the movie must have been horrible.
#44 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24976 posts) -

[QUOTE="THE_DRUGGIE"]

SeraphimGoddess

Wow, the movie must have been horrible.

Not having someone to cuddle with tears a hole deeper than any creation of cinema can hope to accomplish.

#45 Posted by SeraphimGoddess (12958 posts) -

Not having someone to cuddle with tears a hole deeper than any creation of cinema can hope to accomplish.

THE_DRUGGIE
Just get an X-rated film and the pain will disappear for another night. Or not, if you go rough.
#46 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -

THE_DRUGGIE
Wow I haven't gotten to that point yet. I mostly just fall asleep b/c my system doesn't want to think about things any more
#47 Posted by mattpunkgd (2198 posts) -

I like the naked kind of cuddling. ;)

#48 Posted by JetB1ackNewYear (2930 posts) -
i love spooing with a girl haha
#49 Posted by -Big_Red- (7230 posts) -

No, but I once cuddled with a cat.

shoot-first
..FURRY :o!!!!!
#50 Posted by -Big_Red- (7230 posts) -

She must be of theBBW variety!!:o