What is your fav and most hated Game Of Thrones character?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by crazywitchbitch (27 posts) -

I have been a massive Game Of Thrones fan since buying the first season from HBO on Blu-ray. Since then I've bought every season thus far and bought and read every book thus far. I have heated debates about the universe with my friends all the time and I was just curious as to what to users at gamespot thought about it.

Anyway my favourite character of the series is Jon Snow because he is a really passionate character and trys his best to prove him self. He is also a Stark- c'mon! My most hated character is Jamie Lannister because he is a incest prick who suddenly grew a conscious and has girly blonde hair. Who I think will win the game of thrones, is hard to say... who knows? I am slightly betting on the greyjoys though from what I've read so far.

#2 Edited by harry_james_pot (10938 posts) -

My most hated is Walder Frey. There are other really horrible people like Ramsey and Joffrey, but at least they're fun to read/watch, but Walder is just a horrible person and that's it.

My most favorite, I don't know... Probably Jamie.

#3 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

it's harder to pick from the books, but i probably go with tyrion from the show. he's such a main character that he doesn't lose focus in the 10 hour seasons. peter dinklage gives a well rounded performance too, balancing a natural comedic talent with hints of vulnerability (even neediness) peeking through his icy exterior. runner up would be robert baratheon. mark addy was just too good.

my least favorite character is probably stannis baratheon. it's weird because he's one of my favorites in the books. i guess dillane's performance makes sense in that nobody in westeros or esos really likes stannis, but the character was always comically unlikable in the books while he's just unlikable in the show. to be fair, i haven't seen season 3 yet (still waiting on the blu-ray release) so maybe he gets better.

#4 Posted by johnd13 (8234 posts) -

Too many favorites(Ned, Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Danny, Davos, even Theon). If I had to pick only one I guess it'd be Jon - he has high morals, humility and always tries to do the right thing. Plus he fights the true battle(white walkers) and of course has an awesome direwolf by his side.

Most hated character would have to be Joffrey or the Mountain. They are outright evil and with no conscience whatsoever.

#5 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

My most hated is Roose Bolten..... Traitor!

My favorite characters are Asha and Davos. I like the whole "paying the iron price" thing and I really loved reading Davos' chapters for some reason.

I'm scared to call any Starks my favorite. We all know how George feels about the starks. :/

#6 Posted by Gamerno66666 (161 posts) -

My favorite character has to be Arya. And most hated character is Joffrey.

#7 Posted by bobaban (10560 posts) -

Jon Snow is my favorite. He's a true warrior. Joffery is the worst

#8 Posted by Masculus (2869 posts) -

Not much of fan of the show, but I do hate the mother stark.

#9 Posted by girlshavefuntoo (120 posts) -

My favorite is Tyrion, but I like Arya too. I hate all of the of the Lannisters equally, but Tyrion of course.

#10 Posted by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

Favorite: Tyrion

Most hated: Ramsey

#11 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I like the tomboy little girl, and I dislike...

Um... Joffery?

#12 Edited by dominer (3316 posts) -

Too many characters in the show but that dude who's cock-blocking Jorah is pretty lame.

#13 Edited by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

I don't have much respect for this show,and I also think that most of the characters are very unlikable.

Especially the lannisters.All of them are equally terrible,except maybe tyrion.But joffrey is the worst of them all.

I liked arya's teacher,syrhio(whatever the spelling is),but (SPOILERS) it is a shame they killed him so early.I also like denaerys's servant,that sir jorah of mormont guy.

#14 Edited by GazaAli (23004 posts) -

I'm about to finish Fringe and I'll need something to watch. I've heard good things about GoT and a couple of people I trust recommended it. So is it really good? I took a peek once at the first episode and boom nudity right off the bat :P

#15 Edited by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

@Praisedasun said:

I liked arya's teacher,syrhio(whatever the spelling is),but (SPOILERS) it is a shame they killed him so early.I also like denaerys's servant,that sir jorah of mormont guy.

Syrio's death was never confirmed by book or show. Yeah we can assume that he might have been overwhelmed but again it was it was never confirmed. Maybe he told death "not today".

#16 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

fave: tyrion

hated: joffrey

#17 Posted by airshocker (29904 posts) -

Favorite: Roose Bolton before he took part in The Red Wedding.

Hated: Joffrey

#18 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1347 posts) -

Favourite: Bronn, Tyrion's bodyguard/friend. I don't know about the books but on tv the dude is a boss, kicks everyones butt says some funny lines. "There's no cure for being a c*nt" lol

Hated: Jaime Lannister, what a Dbag. I've only seen the first 2 seasons but I was hoping he would be killed off, can't stand him.

#19 Posted by Storm_Marine (11145 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

I'm about to finish Fringe and I'll need something to watch. I've heard good things about GoT and a couple of people I trust recommended it. So is it really good? I took a peek once at the first episode and boom nudity right off the bat :P

No, try True Detective. Best thing on TV in years.

#20 Posted by harry_james_pot (10938 posts) -
@GazaAli said:

Yes, it's really good.

#21 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26351 posts) -

Favorites: Davos, Brienne and Jamie

Least Favorite: Boltons and Daario

#22 Edited by themajormayor (25853 posts) -

Favorite: Little Finger+Varys

Least favorite: Arya+Bran+Sansa

#23 Posted by ferrari2001 (17003 posts) -

Most hated is a tie between Joffrey and Walder Frey. My favorite characters are Tyrion and Jaime Lannister.

#24 Posted by GamerForca (7095 posts) -

My favorite is Tyrion. Most hated would be the easy choice: Joffrey.

#25 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

@187umKILLAH said:

Favourite: Bronn, Tyrion's bodyguard/friend. I don't know about the books but on tv the dude is a boss, kicks everyones butt says some funny lines. "There's no cure for being a c*nt" lol

Hated: Jaime Lannister, what a Dbag. I've only seen the first 2 seasons but I was hoping he would be killed off, can't stand him.

if you want more bronn-ness, definitely read the books. he's got some glorious lines, but the context gets spoilery.

#26 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29392 posts) -

Favorites: Tyrion, Arya, Jon

Least Favorite: Cersei

#27 Edited by 187umKILLAH (1347 posts) -

@LoG-Sacrament: Yes I've been meaning to get the books for a while now, with so much praise for the series no doubt I'll enjoy it as much as the tv episodes... probably more.

#28 Posted by Barbariser (6724 posts) -

Only watched the first season. Based on that, I agree with this guy:

@coolbeans90 said:

fave: tyrion

hated: joffrey

#29 Edited by kingdre (9456 posts) -

Fave: Daenerys and Arya

Hate: Cersei

Based my answers solely on the novels.

#30 Posted by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

Favorite: Tyrion and Sam

Least Favorite: That guy who spent half of season 3 torturing Theon.

#31 Edited by Storm_Marine (11145 posts) -

Are everyone's answers based on the morality of the character or whether or not the character is interesting/entertaining?

#32 Edited by Storm_Marine (11145 posts) -

@bowchicka07 said:

My favorite characters are Asha and Davos. I like the whole "paying the iron price" thing and I really loved reading Davos' chapters for some reason.

I'm scared to call any Starks my favorite. We all know how George feels about the starks. :/

that's a pretty silly picture given how Martin hasn't killed a Stark since A Storm of Swords 13 or 14 years ago. I suspect whoever made it (despite mentioning the books) never actually read them.

#33 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29392 posts) -
@Storm_Marine said:

@bowchicka07 said:

that's a pretty silly picture given how Martin hasn't killed a Stark since A Storm of Swords 13 or 14 years ago. I suspect whoever made it (despite mentioning the books) never actually read them.

It's pretty clearly just a joke...

#34 Posted by Storm_Marine (11145 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@Storm_Marine said:

@bowchicka07 said:

It's pretty clearly just a joke...

why not joke about stuff that makes sense?

#35 Posted by Serraph105 (28159 posts) -

Tyrion is easily my favorite. Joffrey is my most hated. I must admit to being a bit confused as to why I don't hate Tywin more than I do.

#36 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

@Storm_Marine said:

Are everyone's answers based on the morality of the character or whether or not the character is interesting/entertaining?

it's whether or not they're interesting. stannis is more moral than cersei (i think so anyway), but he is less interesting and entertaining in the show. there aren't a lot of saints anyway. even then, some of the more moral characters have been kind to a fault.

#37 Posted by Makhaidos (1614 posts) -

@Storm_Marine said:

@bowchicka07 said:

Well, if you've read book five: Jon seems pretty dead to me. Though it's kinda up in the air as to whether he can be considered a Stark, I like to do so.

#38 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6808 posts) -

My favourite is between Dany and Jon Snow.

My most hated, and this is probably no surprise, is Joffery Baratheon.

#39 Edited by lamprey263 (24208 posts) -

I don't particularly care for any of the characters, there's too many they don't get enough time for me to connect with them and they're equally expendable.

I'd say Joffrey but he dies so I'm actually looking forward to that. Same with Sibel Kikilli's character, Tyrion strangles her, and kills his father, looking forward to some spring cleaning when the next season starts.

#40 Posted by Storm_Marine (11145 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@Storm_Marine said:

@bowchicka07 said:

Well, if you've read book five: Jon seems pretty dead to me. Though it's kinda up in the air as to whether he can be considered a Stark, I like to do so.

I'll be genuinely shocked if he's dead and stays dead. >_> It'd be like if Dany died. Unlikely at this point I think

#41 Posted by bowchicka07 (1075 posts) -

Book 5 :/