What is wrong with being a Zionist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#101 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] thats total and utter nonsense, neither Judaism or Zionism says the Jews are any better than anyone else, it simply claims that God has chosen the Jews to carry his message. no different than other religions tbh, who claim that their message is the correct one, though for some reason , some non Jews seem to be offended more by Jews telling them this , as opposed to others.Darkman2007
Although it is known that they were not chosen to carry out God's will on earth because they were better than any others, the fact that they were picked instead of anyone else implies favoritism in the form that we have both said. I can see how you and another user misunderstood. Perhaps I should have explained more in my original post. What religions do you speak of that the core ideals are so greatly linked to its people that it could be compared to Judaism?

very simple, take Christianity for example, in the Christian world, if you do not accept Jesus as Christianity did, you went to hell , as such , you were inferior, Christians also believed, and still do , that their covenant is the absolute one. in essence its no different, although in Judaism , non Jews are not punished for not being Jews, so its more tolerant.

That is interesting. I was actually asking what religions are linked to the ethnicity which founded them on comparable terms to Judaism. For example, Yeshua was a Jew, but to my knowledge, Christanity does not have a group of people who are born into the religion. I just edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

I am not trying to slanderize any religion. Personally, I am a Christian. I am simply trying to explain why certain people consider Israel antagonistic in some ways as well as learn some things.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="jimkabrhel"]

Israel is a blessing to the region? A country that cannot make peace is not a blessing. They haven't stabilized the region that I can see.

This isn't mean to be critical of Israel, just critical of Shadow's description, which I think is ridiculous.

The US isn't a blessing to anyone, and I love this country.

ShadowMoses900

Israel is the ONLY real democracy in the ME, it is the ONLY country that values human rights. Women can go where they want and dress how they want, you can be of any religion you choose (or lack thereof), they even let gays serve openly in their military.

Go to an Arab country and try that. Watch what happens. Israel's values should move to other countries.

"Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom."-John F. Kennedy

As long as you are not a palestinian in occupied territories....

champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] thats total and utter nonsense, neither Judaism or Zionism says the Jews are any better than anyone else, it simply claims that God has chosen the Jews to carry his message. no different than other religions tbh, who claim that their message is the correct one, though for some reason , some non Jews seem to be offended more by Jews telling them this , as opposed to others.

Although it is known that they were not chosen to carry out God's will on earth because they were better than any others, the fact that they were picked instead of anyone else implies favoritism in the form that we have both said. I can see how you and another user misunderstood. Perhaps I should have explained more in my original post. What religions do you speak of that the core ideals are so greatly linked to its people that it could be compared to Judaism?

very simple, take Christianity for example, in the Christian world, if you do not accept Jesus as Christianity did, you went to hell , as such , you were inferior, Christians also believed, and still do , that their covenant is the absolute one. in essence its no different, although in Judaism , non Jews are not punished for not being Jews, so its more tolerant.

Even though you just mischaracterized the view that we as Christians have, what you said that does not claim any sort of superiority.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#104 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] Although it is known that they were not chosen to carry out God's will on earth because they were better than any others, the fact that they were picked instead of anyone else implies favoritism in the form that we have both said. I can see how you and another user misunderstood. Perhaps I should have explained more in my original post. What religions do you speak of that the core ideals are so greatly linked to its people that it could be compared to Judaism?

That is interesting. I was actually asking what religions are linked to the ethnicity which founded it on earth comparably to Judaism. I just edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

the connection between Judaism and ethnicity is blurry, but basically , since there wasn't too much intermarriage over the years, most Jews on earth are from the same original nation or ethnicity. at the same time, that doesn't prevent one from becoming a Jew, and there is no discrimination against converts as such (King David's grandma was a convert, as were Rabbi Akiva's parents). I suppose you could compare it to Zorostrianism , or Hinduism , in Hinduism , you could become a Hindu , but that doesn't change the fact that most Hindus are of an Indian/South Asian origin.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#105 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] thats total and utter nonsense, neither Judaism or Zionism says the Jews are any better than anyone else, it simply claims that God has chosen the Jews to carry his message. no different than other religions tbh, who claim that their message is the correct one, though for some reason , some non Jews seem to be offended more by Jews telling them this , as opposed to others.Darkman2007

Well not all Christians think that, Christians are very broad and they have different views. But yes several of the more fundamentalist Christians believe that non Christians go to hell for not believing in Jesus, which is just offensive to me.

Especially because many of these Christians are not familar with the orgional texts, which is why Jesus as the Messiah does not make sense to us. God does not demand human sacrifices, there is no fire pit of hell, there is only one God no trinity, there is no orgional sin, God in the flesh is a pagan concept to us as God can have no image.

I simply tell Christians who say that to me "are you calling God a liar"? God made an eternal ever lasting covenant with the Israelites, to say they are going to hell is just rediculous. God does not lie.

Also it's even more rediculous considering the first Christians were Jews, that sect is still around today but with a different term (nazerenes I think or something). So they hate the Jews? Lol. Makes no sense.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="champion837"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] Although it is known that they were not chosen to carry out God's will on earth because they were better than any others, the fact that they were picked instead of anyone else implies favoritism in the form that we have both said. I can see how you and another user misunderstood. Perhaps I should have explained more in my original post. What religions do you speak of that the core ideals are so greatly linked to its people that it could be compared to Judaism?

Even though you just mischaracterized the view that we as Christians have, what you said that does not claim any sort of superiority.

Im not saying thats what they say now (and given how split the religion is, Im not sure what they think) , Im talking about the Middle Ages and such , where it was quite clear, Jesus or hell.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] Although it is known that they were not chosen to carry out God's will on earth because they were better than any others, the fact that they were picked instead of anyone else implies favoritism in the form that we have both said. I can see how you and another user misunderstood. Perhaps I should have explained more in my original post. What religions do you speak of that the core ideals are so greatly linked to its people that it could be compared to Judaism?ShadowMoses900

Well not all Christians think that, Christians are very broad and they have different views. But yes several of the more fundamentalist Christians believe that non Christians go to hell for not believing in Jesus, which is just offensive to me.

Especially because many of these Christians are not familar with the orgional texts, which is why Jesus as the Messiah does not make sense to us. God does not demand human sacrifices, there is no fire pit of hell, there is only one God no trinity, there is no orgional sin, God in the flesh is a pagan concept to us as God can have no image.

I simply tell Christians who say that to me "are you calling God a liar"? God made an eternal ever lasting covenant with the Israelites, to say they are going to hell is just rediculous. God does not lie.

Also it's even more rediculous considering the first Christians were Jews, that sect is still around today but with a different term (nazerenes I think or something). So they hate the Jews? Lol. Makes no sense.

not now, Im talking about the past.
champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="champion837"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] very simple, take Christianity for example, in the Christian world, if you do not accept Jesus as Christianity did, you went to hell , as such , you were inferior, Christians also believed, and still do , that their covenant is the absolute one. in essence its no different, although in Judaism , non Jews are not punished for not being Jews, so its more tolerant.

Im not saying thats what they say now (and given how split the religion is, Im not sure what they think) , Im talking about the Middle Ages and such , where it was quite clear, Jesus or hell.

Was that what Christians were saying, or just governmental occupants?
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="champion837"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="champion837"] Even though you just mischaracterized the view that we as Christians have, what you said that does not claim any sort of superiority.

Was that what Christians were saying, or just governmental occupants?

as far as I know, that was what the official Church said, and they were the ones who at least set the formal tone non Christians knew Christianity by.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 branketra
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] very simple, take Christianity for example, in the Christian world, if you do not accept Jesus as Christianity did, you went to hell , as such , you were inferior, Christians also believed, and still do , that their covenant is the absolute one. in essence its no different, although in Judaism , non Jews are not punished for not being Jews, so its more tolerant.

That is interesting. I was actually asking what religions are linked to the ethnicity which founded it on earth comparably to Judaism. I just edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

the connection between Judaism and ethnicity is blurry, but basically , since there wasn't too much intermarriage over the years, most Jews on earth are from the same original nation or ethnicity. at the same time, that doesn't prevent one from becoming a Jew, and there is no discrimination against converts as such (King David's grandma was a convert, as were Rabbi Akiva's parents). I suppose you could compare it to Zorostrianism , or Hinduism , in Hinduism , you could become a Hindu , but that doesn't change the fact that most Hindus are of an Indian/South Asian origin.

Okay. That makes sense. In current times, there is a growing trend among countries to separate religious belief from government policy. It makes sense that in this day and age and with one as powerful as Israel whose people have such strong ties to its religion throughout history is going to be judged differently by many people.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] Although it is known that they were not chosen to carry out God's will on earth because they were better than any others, the fact that they were picked instead of anyone else implies favoritism in the form that we have both said. I can see how you and another user misunderstood. Perhaps I should have explained more in my original post. What religions do you speak of that the core ideals are so greatly linked to its people that it could be compared to Judaism?BranKetra

That is interesting. I was actually asking what religions are linked to the ethnicity which founded them on comparable terms to Judaism. For example, Yeshua was a Jew, but to my knowledge, Christanity does not have a group of people who are born into the religion. I just edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

Well as Dark Man said, it's a both an ethnicity and a religion. It's an ethnoreligion, meaning that people of a particular ethnicity practice that religion and is based on their culture, even though anyone can convert to it. The term "Jew" comes from "Judean" which was one who lived in the kingdom of Juda.

So think of it like a nationilty, you can be born a Judean "Jew" by your blood and ancestry. Or you can be adopted into the nation by conversion. Judaism is merely the religion of the nation of Judea.

But even among Jews there is much division over it. Some like the Orthodox only accept a Jew if the mother is a Jew by blood, or does an Orthodox conversion. Reform and Reconstruction Judaism is through either parent is a Jew by blood, or converts into their sect (which is easier than Orthodox conversion). There is also a sect of Jews called Karait Jews who only accept it through the father or their conversion.

In anceint Israel it was passed through the father, it was changed to the mother in Roman times as the child of a Roman mother was a Roman citizen. And the Jewish women were getting raped.

But think of it like this, you have Hebrew (the ethnicity) and you have Judaism (the religion). Jew is a term used interchangeably so it works. The Jews were exiled by the Romans so lived in other areas in the world like Europe (Ashkenazi) or around the Medditeriaian and Spain (Sephardic) but they still share the same genetics and religion. Jews also are more prevelant to certain diseases than other groups.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="BranKetra"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] That is interesting. I was actually asking what religions are linked to the ethnicity which founded it on earth comparably to Judaism. I just edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

Okay. That makes sense. In current times, there is a growing trend among countries to separate religious belief from government policy. It makes sense that in this day and age and with one as powerful as Israel whose people have such strong ties to its religion throughout history is going to be judged differently by many people.

its because most people have an either Christian or Islamic view of the world, even if they are athiest, they view religion in a similar way, where religion and ethnicity are two seperate things. what you have to remember was that when Judaism was new, it was very common , you could go into Egypt, which had a totally different religion to Greece , which was different to Persia, etc, each nation had its own religion , so religion , and ethnicity (or nation) were linked.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] very simple, take Christianity for example, in the Christian world, if you do not accept Jesus as Christianity did, you went to hell , as such , you were inferior, Christians also believed, and still do , that their covenant is the absolute one. in essence its no different, although in Judaism , non Jews are not punished for not being Jews, so its more tolerant.ShadowMoses900

Well as Dark Man said, it's a both an ethnicity and a religion. It's an ethnoreligion, meaning that people of a particular ethnicity practice that religion and is based on their culture, even though anyone can convert to it. The term "Jew" comes from "Judean" which was one who lived in the kingdom of Juda.

So think of it like a nationilty, you can be born a Judean "Jew" by your blood and ancestry. Or you can be adopted into the nation by conversion. Judaism is merely the religion of the nation of Judea.

But even among Jews there is much division over it. Some like the Orthodox only accept a Jew if the mother is a Jew by blood, or does an Orthodox conversion. Reform and Reconstruction Judaism is through either parent is a Jew by blood, or converts into their sect (which is easier than Orthodox conversion). There is also a sect of Jews called Karait Jews who only accept it through the father or their conversion.

In anceint Israel it was passed through the father, it was changed to the mother in Roman times as the child of a Roman mother was a Roman citizen. And the Jewish women were getting raped.

But think of it like this, you have Hebrew (the ethnicity) and you have Judaism (the religion). Jew is a term used interchangeably so it works. The Jews were exiled by the Romans so lived in other areas in the world like Europe (Ashkenazi) or around the Medditeriaian and Spain (Sephardic) but they still share the same genetics and religion. Jews also are more prevelant to certain diseases than other groups.

so a black man from africa can convert and become a jew, then live amongst the jews in their Israel?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] That is interesting. I was actually asking what religions are linked to the ethnicity which founded them on comparable terms to Judaism. For example, Yeshua was a Jew, but to my knowledge, Christanity does not have a group of people who are born into the religion. I just edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

GrayF0X786

so a black man from africa can convert and become a jew, then live amongst the jews in their Israel?

sure, its happened before, in fact there is a community of Jews from Ethiopia in Israel . there is an ethnic element of course, but once a person converts, the religion supersedes blood ties.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="BranKetra"] That is interesting. I was actually asking what religions are linked to the ethnicity which founded them on comparable terms to Judaism. For example, Yeshua was a Jew, but to my knowledge, Christanity does not have a group of people who are born into the religion. I just edited my post. Sorry for the confusion.

GrayF0X786

Yes. A person from anywhere in the world can convert to Judaism and become a Jew, they are seen as fellow Jews and not Gentiles.

It's like a tribe, Judaism is the tribes "religion, and the tribe is made up Hebrews or "ethnic Jews" and their culture. However one can become "adopted" into the tribe by learning it's culture and converting to it's religion.

Similar to many Native American tribes, there were white members these tribes (still are today) who become Cherokee or Creek Indian by being adopted into their tribes by learning of their cultures and religions ect...and they are seen as Cherokee or Creek and not an outsider.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#116 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

black people in Israel walking around with the jewish people, are you guys 100% sure lol?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Darkman2007

black people in Israel walking around with the jewish people, are you guys 100% sure lol?

GrayF0X786
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/3377897.stm does this answer your question?
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
Zionism implies political extremism while supporting the state of Israel.Zeviander
LMFAOOOOOOOO you have no understanding of what Zionism is
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 ShadowMoses900

GrayF0X786

There are black Jews, they converted. There are Chinese Jews, Spanish Jews, people from all over the world that converted and became Jews.

Anyone from any background can convert to Judaism and be a Jew. I don't see why you can't believe this. People don't have to be Jews by blood, they can be Jews by religion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 branketra
@ShadowMoses and Darkman: I understand what you are both saying. The point that I am making is the Israel of today is like the nations of past generations. In this day and age, the governments of nations are becoming increasingly separate from the religions historically unified with them in their respective areas (compare the old kingdoms of what is now the United Kingdom' or Japan to how they are today). As we can see, when a militaristically modernized country has that aspect about it, people will wonder about what lengths they will go to in order for their religious beliefs to come to pass.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#121 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
interesting wonder what Sun_Tzu thinks about zionism
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]interesting wonder what Sun_Tzu thinks about zionism

where you been homie, long time no talk, innit?
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

I think alot of fundamentalist muslims think that there way is the only way, and if they don't get it they act like a child bitc ing and bitc ing until they get their way and others start to believe what they say. Or they just blow up a building.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Israel (not its people) should sink into the mediterranean sea. The concept of a "holy land" is stupid. Claiming land because a mythical sky-wizard said it belongs to you is stupid. A religiously founded state is stupid. Warring over religious claims of land is stupid.

The entire thing is stupid. The world would be far better off without ANY religiously claimed lands. Sorry guys, dirt isnt holy no matter who says it is nor how much blood was spilt there.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
me and zionis are always friends
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
Oh I dunno; illegal occupations, demolishing homes, vetoing 2-state solutions, atrocities revealed by the UN...for some reason, folks don't like that kind of thing; I dunno why...
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

People who hate Israel, don't believe Jews have a right to a homeland, people who hate the Jewish culture, ethnicity, and religion. Anti-Semites.

ShadowMoses900

And what of those who have no problem with Jews, nor with Jews having a homeland in Israel, yet find many of the actions of the modern state of Israel objectionable?

You find protecting your citizens and standing up for them objectionable?

Israel never throws the first punch, they don't fire bomb civilian areas. The Arab countries however do, and they do acts of terrorism.

Israel goes well beyond simply protecting its citizens. Their policies in regards to Palestinians veers into apartheid territory.

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts

Oh I dunno; illegal occupations, demolishing homes, vetoing 2-state solutions, atrocities revealed by the UN...for some reason, folks don't like that kind of thing; I dunno why...thebest31406

Are you serious? :lol:

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

And what of those who have no problem with Jews, nor with Jews having a homeland in Israel, yet find many of the actions of the modern state of Israel objectionable?

worlock77

Israel never throws the first punch, they don't fire bomb civilian areas. The Arab countries however do, and they do acts of terrorism.

Israel goes well beyond simply protecting its citizens. Their policies in regards to Palestinians veers into apartheid territory.

if thats aparthied, its a might humane one although frankly, they are not citizens, of course they are going to get treated differently than Arabs who are citizens. this is like complaining why the US doesn't let Afghans vote in the US election because there are US troops in their country.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
Oh I dunno; illegal occupations, demolishing homes, vetoing 2-state solutions, atrocities revealed by the UN...for some reason, folks don't like that kind of thing; I dunno why...thebest31406
and don't even get me started on the Zionist bankers who control world currencies
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] although frankly, they are not citizens

Neither were the blacks of South Africa.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Zionism is just another name for nationalism.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] although frankly, they are not citizens

and yet they were part of the country, its not the same and you know it. the other problem here is that the blacks were not given a citizenship based purely on their race, by law, a black person could not be a citizen , wheres Israel is 1/5 Arab, all of which are citizens and have (at least on paper, reality sometimes works differently) equal rights to the majority Jews so you know its not the same.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] although frankly, they are not citizens

and yet they were part of the country, its not the same and you know it. the other problem here is that the blacks were not given a citizenship based purely on their race, by law, a black person could not be a citizen , wheres Israel is 1/5 Arab, all of which are citizens and have (at least on paper, reality sometimes works differently) equal rights to the majority Jews so you know its not the same.

"part of the country" is a rather subjective term. The blacks in S.A lived in bantustans away from white people.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Neither were the blacks of South Africa.

"part of the country" is a rather subjective term. The blacks in S.A lived in bantustans away from white people.

you still know its not the same. though in this case, the blacks were forced to live in seperate areas, there is no single law in Israel telling Arabs they must live in one place or another, even if in practice it does happen anyway, which is why there are no Jews in Taybe , just like there are no Arabs in Beit Shemesh , etc, simply because people mostly prefer to live among their own kind, you know it works differently than it does in the US for instance. thats citizens of course
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Darkman2007

if thats aparthied, its a might humane one although frankly, they are not citizens, of course they are going to get treated differently than Arabs who are citizens. this is like complaining why the US doesn't let Afghans vote in the US election because there are US troops in their country.

No it isn't. And quite frankly that's a stupid comparison. A better comparison would be what the US did to Native Americans.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 BossPerson
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] and yet they were part of the country, its not the same and you know it. the other problem here is that the blacks were not given a citizenship based purely on their race, by law, a black person could not be a citizen , wheres Israel is 1/5 Arab, all of which are citizens and have (at least on paper, reality sometimes works differently) equal rights to the majority Jews so you know its not the same.

you still know its not the same. though in this case, the blacks were forced to live in seperate areas, there is no single law in Israel telling Arabs they must live in one place or another, even if in practice it does happen anyway, which is why there are no Jews in Taybe , just like there are no Arabs in Beit Shemesh , etc, simply because people mostly prefer to live among their own kind, you know it works differently than it does in the US for instance. thats citizens of course

I was referring to the West Bank. IMO, its either an occupation or an apartheid. If its not one, then its the other. People are free to pick which one sounds better.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 BossPerson

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

No it isn't. And quite frankly that's a stupid comparison. A better comparison would be what the US did to Native Americans.

TBH, I dont think thats a fair comparison. Israelis didnt exterminate the Palestinians.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Darkman2007

worlock77

not really, and you know that is also a dumb comparison.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] if thats aparthied, its a might humane one although frankly, they are not citizens, of course they are going to get treated differently than Arabs who are citizens. this is like complaining why the US doesn't let Afghans vote in the US election because there are US troops in their country.BossPerson

TBH, I dont think thats a fair comparison. Israelis didnt exterminate the Palestinians.

And the US didn't exterminate the Natives.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] if thats aparthied, its a might humane one although frankly, they are not citizens, of course they are going to get treated differently than Arabs who are citizens. this is like complaining why the US doesn't let Afghans vote in the US election because there are US troops in their country.BossPerson

I find it offensive that I would be compared to what the US did to the Native Americans, that implies that I have no connection to the land, which is frankly insulting, especially given that its coming from the same people who for the last 1900 told my people they belong there and not anywhere else. as Ive said before, they change their perceptions based on what suits them, not based on reality.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] although frankly, they are not citizens

They were not legally part of the country either though. South Africa was divided up into a number of different territories. And you're right that Israel's population is 1/5 Arab, but that's dwarfed by the Palestinian refugee population. And none of these Palestinians can become Israeli citizens because they are the wrong ethnicity. I wouldn't necessarily call Israel an apartheid state today, but it is on that trajectory, and if the status quo is maintained for much longer then I'd be a lot more comfortable with the analogy, because that is where Israel is headed. If and when a two state solution dies, what would be next for the Palestinians? There would only be two options left on the table - a multicultural binational state or apartheid.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]"part of the country" is a rather subjective term. The blacks in S.A lived in bantustans away from white people. BossPerson

I was referring to the West Bank. IMO, its either an occupation or an apartheid. If its not one, then its the other. People are free to pick which one sounds better.

semantics, semantics, you can call it whatever you want, I prefer the term , "military rule until its decided what to do with the place"
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"] Neither were the blacks of South Africa.

They were not legally part of the country either though. South Africa was divided up into a number of different territories. And you're right that Israel's population is 1/5 Arab, but that's dwarfed by the Palestinian refugee population. And none of these Palestinians can become Israeli citizens because they are the wrong ethnicity. I wouldn't necessarily call Israel an apartheid state today, but it is on that trajectory, and if the status quo is maintained for much longer then I'd be a lot more comfortable with the analogy, because that is where Israel is headed. If and when a two state solution dies, what would be next for the Palestinians? There would only be two options left on the table - a multicultural binational state or apartheid.

when the US lets everyone in Mexico become citizens, we can talk.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"] if thats aparthied, its a might humane one although frankly, they are not citizens, of course they are going to get treated differently than Arabs who are citizens. this is like complaining why the US doesn't let Afghans vote in the US election because there are US troops in their country.Darkman2007

Continually encroaching into their territory. Violating agreed upon treaties. Denying citizenship. Restricting their ability to support themselves. Sounds like a pretty fair comparison to me.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 BossPerson
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="Darkman2007"] you still know its not the same. though in this case, the blacks were forced to live in seperate areas, there is no single law in Israel telling Arabs they must live in one place or another, even if in practice it does happen anyway, which is why there are no Jews in Taybe , just like there are no Arabs in Beit Shemesh , etc, simply because people mostly prefer to live among their own kind, you know it works differently than it does in the US for instance. thats citizens of course

semantics, semantics, you can call it whatever you want, I prefer the term , "military rule until its decided what to do with the place"

Well c'mon, the situation falls into the criteria for those definitions. Military rule, on land thats been captured, is an occupation. Or if you consider Israel to have total ownership of the land (which they essentially do for all intents and purposes), then its an apartheid .
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Darkman2007

worlock77

Continually encroaching into their territory. Violating agreed upon treaties. Denying citizenship. Restricting their ability to support themselves. Sounds like a pretty fair comparison to me.

I never knew the Arabs of the West Bank were meant to get a citizenship. but we could solve it the way the US solved the Indian problem , that is, kill most of them and let the ones left live in peace. I think they would have something to do with it. and unlike the Americans , I actually have connections to that land, and historical right does mean something.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] Although it is known that they were not chosen to carry out God's will on earth because they were better than any others, the fact that they were picked instead of anyone else implies favoritism in the form that we have both said. I can see how you and another user misunderstood. Perhaps I should have explained more in my original post. What religions do you speak of that the core ideals are so greatly linked to its people that it could be compared to Judaism?ShadowMoses900

lol.....other ideas are offensive to you yet you want everyone to follow your opinions. Not that really is offensive.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="BossPerson"]I was referring to the West Bank. IMO, its either an occupation or an apartheid. If its not one, then its the other. People are free to pick which one sounds better. BossPerson

Well c'mon, the situation falls into the criteria for those definitions. Military rule, on land thats been captured, is an occupation. Or if you consider Israel to have total ownership of the land (which they essentially do for all intents and purposes), then its an apartheid .

well , quite frankly I would have prefered to give most of it to the Jordanians back in the 70s in return for peace, but the Jordanians refused, had they accepted, there wouldn't be a problem , the Arabs in the West Bank would have had to deal with King Hussien and work things out with him. at the same time, you know Israel isnt just going to leave for no reason , there are various issues that need to be worked out, and frankly were worked out and then thrown out the window by one party or the other, trust me when I tell you most people in Israel do not want or care about Ramallah .
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 worlock77

I find it offensive that I would be compared to what the US did to the Native Americans, that implies that I have no connection to the land, which is frankly insultingDarkman2007

- Too bad. If you're going to engage in such discussion you need to accept that you're going to be offended sometimes.

- Honestly, why do you figure you have a connection to the land simply because your ancestors lived there centuries ago? My ancestors had large land holdings in Gloucestershire and Worcestershire in England. Does that give me the right to go over there and claim that land as mine?