What is wrong with being a Zionist?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I was talking with this girl I work with and I was telling her I was planning on going to Israel, she asked me if I'm worried about the fighting that goes there and I said no, I told her what I think of the conflict and she said I was a Zionist. I said yes and asked what's wrong with that, and she gave me this really strange look like I said something bad or evil.

How is it evil to believe Jews deserve a home land? How is it evil to support people who have been persecuted since forever? How is it evil to support Israel and it's Democracy? How is it evil to support a Nation that values human rights and equality among genders and races? How is it evil to support a place where the Jewish culture, ethnicity, and religion can flourish?

It's not, it's a good thing. The Zionists are the good guys, anti-Zionists are the bad guys. Why do people hate us Jews so much? Why do they hate Israel so much? It is just bigoted. I hear people say things like Israel shouldn't exist and the Jews should move somewhere else, do you know how bigoted that is? What if someone said the UK shouldn't exist and English people should move somewhere else? See that is wrong. Same thing with anti-Zionists, they are just wrong.

We Jews are a people of survival, no matter how hard you will try we will never disappear.

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

Some people would rather the most civilized and sanest people in the region be replaced by another backwards Islamic republic.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

I oppose all nationalist and colonialist ideologies because I don't believe in land ownership. However, I'm not in any way opposed to the idea of Jews simply living in what they regard as their ancestral homeland.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

There is nothing wrong with a Jewish homeland. Just like there is nothing wrong with a Palestinian homeland. Everyone deserves a place to live in peacefully. It's sad when those places overlap and there is conflict.

As I haven't lived in the Middle East, I won't offer an opinion on who is right and who is wrong. I'm bothered most by the lack of an formal peace process. There is nothing positive about the situation. There is only blaming, arguing and death.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Lol Zionism, purest scum on earth,

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GrayF0X786

However, I'm not in any way opposed to the idea of Jews simply living in what they regard as their ancestral homeland.

ghoklebutter

right because they just simply walked into Palestine and lived peacefully? offtopics full of this.

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

There is nothing wrong with the notion. Actually it a rather good notion.

I'm rather stunned how the idea that Jewish people should have a homeland preferable surrounding Jerusalem, has become as taboo a word as racist and nazi.

That said, leaders do abuse the idea like any other ideology to push for power.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

However, I'm not in any way opposed to the idea of Jews simply living in what they regard as their ancestral homeland.

GrayF0X786

right because they just simply walked into Palestine and lived peacefully? offtopics full of this.

I didn't imply that I believe that. I know how the state of Israel was established - it was anything but peaceful. I'm just saying that I have no problem with Jews living in Israel, but I do have a problem with the Israeli government treating Palestinians as second-class citizens.
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17854 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

GrayF0X786

Maybe we should ask the Canninites what we should do with their land. Oh wait...the Jews killed ALL OF THEM.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

GrayF0X786

You don't know anything.

First off no matter how you spin it, the Jews were there first. Yep it's true, and they didn't just "walk in", they bought land from the Arabs LEGALLY. Some of the Arabs had a problem with having Jewish neighbors, so they attacked them, the Jews then trying to defend themselves fought back. That is how it got started.

The Palestinains threw the first punch. And Israel gave you Arabs the West Bank as a sigh of peace. But apparently that isn't good enough. You guys just want Jews to not exist anymore. That is what it sounds like.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

ghoklebutter

I didn't imply that I believe that. I know how the state of Israel was established - it was anything but peaceful. I'm just saying that I have no problem with Jews living in Israel, but I do have a problem with the Israeli government treating Palestinians as second-class citizens.

my bad.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Lol Zionism, purest scum on earth,

GrayF0X786
no, those looking to restore the caliphate are so much better
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

ghoklebutter

There are Palestinians in the Israeli government. Israel does not discriminate against non Jews.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

the whole area is a shythole anyway.

i wish we could just dig up a few inches of topsoil and transport it to arizona and call that the holy land.

all the jews could move there, we would be happy to have you and you could stop providing the middle east a unifying enemy that is keeping all the religious factions and unstable political organizations in the area from turning on each other and destroying themselves.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BossPerson

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

ShadowMoses900

You don't know anything.

First off no matter how you spin it, the Jews were there first. Yep it's true, and they didn't just "walk in", they bought land from the Arabs LEGALLY. Some of the Arabs had a problem with having Jewish neighbors, so they attacked them, the Jews then trying to defend themselves fought back. That is how it got started.

The Palestinains threw the first punch. And Israel gave you Arabs the West Bank as a sigh of peace. But apparently that isn't good enough. You guys just want Jews to not exist anymore. That is what it sounds like.

Do you even know how the West Bank was created? Really, look up some basic history. Your making zionists look bad,
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

ShadowMoses900

You don't know anything.

im speechless

Avatar image for PWSteal_Ldpinch
PWSteal_Ldpinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PWSteal_Ldpinch
Member since 2011 • 1172 Posts

How is it evil to believe Jews deserve a home land? How is it evil to support people who have been persecuted since forever? How is it evil to support Israel and it's Democracy? How is it evil to support a Nation that values human rights and equality among genders and races? How is it evil to support a place where the Jewish culture, ethnicity, and religion can flourish?

ShadowMoses900

It's not evil it's how most countries were built, including muslim countries which were taken from Jewish and Christian lands. Muslims are just butthurt that their plan for non muslim lands to fall under Muslim control has been moving in the opposite direction due to Israel.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] right because they just simply walked into Palestine and lived peacefully? offtopics full of this.

BossPerson

You don't know anything.

Do you even know how the West Bank was created? Really, look up some basic history. Your making zionists look bad,

Why are Arabs not happy with the West Bank? They have it now, Israel gave it to them, the Arabs wanted it. So why are they not happy with it?

The West Bank was under Jewish control after the 6 day war. The Jews then gave it to the Arabs later. The West Bank is under Palestian control while the Gaza Strip is under Hamas control (who are terrorists, monsters, bad people, the world would be better off without Hamas).

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BossPerson

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

You don't know anything.

ShadowMoses900

Why are Arabs not happy with the West Bank? They have it now, Israel gave it to them, the Arabs wanted it. So why are they not happy with it?

The West Bank was under Jewish control after the 6 day war. The Jews then gave it to the Arabs later. The West Bank is under Palestian control while the Gaza Strip is under Hamas control (who are terrorists, monsters, bad people, the world would be better off without Hamas).

The West Bank is under Arab control? Yea, I guess that's why the IDF still patrols the streets. That's like saying your in control of your country, with foreign troops occupying it.
Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

Shut up you anti-Semitic. (Shadowmoses I mean)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

I don't care either way. *shrugs*

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

As I said before and will say again, Anti-Zionism is Anti-Semitism, without a doubt.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GrayF0X786

As I said before and will say again, Anti-Zionism is Anti-Semitism, without a doubt.

kingkong0124

so these jews are anti semitic? loll

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

GrayF0X786

LOL I always hear this crap about who was there first. They way I look at at it, who cares? Israel is there, and they won it fair and square by means of war. Tough sh*t that they weren't strong enough to keep it for the Arabs. That's how the world works, get over it.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts
Israel is definitely on the "to visit" list. Doing so some day.
kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"] Most experts on Antisemitism agree with me btw. And those are a very, very small minority.

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

cslayer211

LOL I always hear this crap about who was there first. They way I look at at it, who cares? Israel is there, and they won it fair and square by means of war. Tough sh*t that they weren't strong enough to keep it for the Arabs. That's how the world works, get over it.

I agree completely. You can't change the past.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Zionism implies political extremism while supporting the state of Israel.
champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts
[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="ghoklebutter"]

cslayer211

LOL I always hear this crap about who was there first. They way I look at at it, who cares?

People who were living there.
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FMAB_GTO
Member since 2010 • 14385 Posts
Zionists...... I'll keep my opinions for myself on this.
Uesugi-dono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#30 Uesugi-dono
Member since 2008 • 1654 Posts
Zionism implies political extremism while supporting the state of Israel.Zeviander
This is actually the best definition of Zionism I've ever seen.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GrayF0X786

Zionists...... I'll keep my opinions for myself on this.FMAB_GTO
staying neutral is the safe option on gamespot hehe.

FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FMAB_GTO

[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"]Zionists...... I'll keep my opinions for myself on this.GrayF0X786

And everywhere,I hate making enemies,i already have enough hehe =P
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Meh.. the word "zionist" is usually apprehended that Jews are racially superior regardless of its true meaning.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

How is it evil to support a Nation that values human rights and equality among genders and races?ShadowMoses900
At first i was like :lol:
You don't know anything.

First off no matter how you spin it, the Jews were there first. Yep it's true, and they didn't just "walk in", they bought land from the Arabs LEGALLY. ShadowMoses900

Then I was like wut :?

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

kingkong0124

:|

What about those religious Jews that are opposed to Israel as a homeland of Jews?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

kingkong0124

As I've said before and will say again, you are an idiot, without a doubt.

Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
The way that Zionists has gone about doing it mostly. Being persecuted does not give you a just reason to persecute others.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"]Zionists...... I'll keep my opinions for myself on this.FMAB_GTO

i've got too many here lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

worlock77

As I've said before and will say again, you are an idiot, without a doubt.

+1

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
Define 'anti-Zionism' then
FMAB_GTO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FMAB_GTO

[QUOTE="FMAB_GTO"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] staying neutral is the safe option on gamespot hehe.

GrayF0X786

i've got too many here lol

Awww Well I wish you the best then darling! :3
cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cslayer211

[QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] right because they just simply walked into Palestine and lived peacefully? offtopics full of this.champion837
LOL I always hear this crap about who was there first. They way I look at at it, who cares?

So what do you want to do about it? Israel won it, there not going to give it back.

It would be like America giving back a majority of the United States to the Native Americans... it's just not plausible, also considering how much smaller Israel is.

I don't blame Israel for not wanting to give them land either, in Gaza they just shoot rockets at innocent civilians...

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Abbeten
[QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="champion837"][QUOTE="cslayer211"] LOL I always hear this crap about who was there first. They way I look at at it, who cares?

So what do you want to do about it? Israel won it, there not going to give it back. It would be like America giving back a majority of the United States to the Naive Americans... it's just not plausible, also considering how much smaller Israel is. I don't blame Israel for not wanting to give them land either, in Gaza they just shoot rockets at innocent civilians...

This is a really bizarre mindset.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
[QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="champion837"][QUOTE="cslayer211"] LOL I always hear this crap about who was there first. They way I look at at it, who cares?

So what do you want to do about it? Israel won it, there not going to give it back. It would be like America giving back a majority of the United States to the Naive Americans... it's just not plausible, also considering how much smaller Israel is. I don't blame Israel for not wanting to give them land either, in Gaza they just shoot rockets at innocent civilians...

Well killing thousands of people and bull dozing many homes tends to make people angry. Along with restricting many goods and various other restrictions..
cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cslayer211
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="champion837"] People who were living there.

Then it's bizarre for any other nation that had a revolt and won land to keep it. Simple as that, unless there's that double standard...
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Abbeten
[QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="cslayer211"] So what do you want to do about it? Israel won it, there not going to give it back. It would be like America giving back a majority of the United States to the Naive Americans... it's just not plausible, also considering how much smaller Israel is. I don't blame Israel for not wanting to give them land either, in Gaza they just shoot rockets at innocent civilians...

Then it's bizarre for any other nation that had a revolt and won land to keep it. Simple as that, unless there's that double standard...

I'm not saying that they should 'give it back.' I'm saying that it's bizarre to think that their ability to hold the land somehow justifies the morally dubious stuff they did to obtain it and the morally dubious stuff they continue to do to hold it.
cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cslayer211
[QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="Abbeten"] This is a really bizarre mindset.

I'm not saying that they should 'give it back.' I'm saying that it's bizarre to think that their ability to hold the land somehow justifies the morally dubious stuff they did to obtain it and the morally dubious stuff they continue to do to hold it.

There are no morals in war. You have to accept that really bad things happen on both sides. Either way what's done is done, and the only way the Palestinians will get back the land is to completely detonate the landmass of Israel with a nuke (well not really get back, but rather take it away.)
Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Abbeten
[QUOTE="cslayer211"][QUOTE="Abbeten"][QUOTE="cslayer211"] Then it's bizarre for any other nation that had a revolt and won land to keep it. Simple as that, unless there's that double standard...

There are no morals in war. You have to accept that really bad things happen on both sides. Either way what's done is done, and the only way the Palestinians will get back the land is to completely detonate the landmass of Israel with a nuke (well not really get back, but rather take it away.)

This is also bad logic. First of all, there are plenty of morals in war. That's why we've signed things like the Geneva convention (and why we get mad when our government breaks things like the Geneva convention). Proportional response, minimizing civilian casualties, there are plenty of examples of wartime morality. As for the "what's done is done" rationale, well, that just opens the door to a LOT of horrible bullsh!t. 'Oh the Germans invaded Poland? Well, what's done is done. Can't do anything about that. No sir.'
Crunchy_Nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Crunchy_Nuts
Member since 2010 • 2749 Posts
I see nothing wrong with it. If they can beat the Palestinians in combat and take the land then all the more power to them I suppose.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]Zionism implies political extremism while supporting the state of Israel.Uesugi-dono
This is actually the best definition of Zionism I've ever seen.

Lol no it's not, that is just BS.

Zionism is simply believing the Jews should have a right to a homeland and supporting their right to live in peace and safety. Some would call it Jewish Nationalism, which I do not see a problem with either. Jews have a right to be proud of Israel just like Mexican Americans are still proud of their heritage and still celebrate Cinco De Maio. Sp?