What is the best thing about being single?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ThatMulatto (2299 posts) -

Let us hear!

#2 Posted by Master_Live (15769 posts) -

Doing whatever the f you want.

#4 Edited by outworld222 (2510 posts) -

Good Christ Almighty^^^^^

At any rate, single means you don't have to worry about getting married, having to support a family and stuff like that. Also divorce can be costly.

#5 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I can't think of a single thing I would like about being single.

#6 Posted by themajormayor (24200 posts) -

Pancakes every day.

#7 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28281 posts) -

Paying for only one meal.

#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (23697 posts) -

To put it simple, nothing about being single is "amazing".

#9 Posted by Korvus (7405 posts) -

Making plans for finding the right guy/girl, getting married and starting a family? No? Oh, ok...

#10 Posted by Storm_Marine (12084 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

Doing whatever the f you want.

We're still bound by school/work. :/

#11 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Doing whatever the hell I want (within reason, of course), whenever I want to. The money savings are an honorable mention.

#12 Posted by indzman (19965 posts) -

unlimited pvssy

#13 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6995 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

Doing whatever the f you want.

Lol, yep.

#14 Posted by elkoldo (1464 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

Doing whatever the f you want.

You still got mom blocking your way :(

#15 Posted by Skyz_ (56 posts) -

I was going to say nothing then sob over my keyboard.

But now that I think about it... finally having the whole bed to yourself is pretty awesome :D

#16 Edited by Trender_man (143 posts) -

Grindr

#17 Posted by one_plum (6364 posts) -

$

#18 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1414 posts) -

Best thing to me is just doing whatever I want, when I want without having to explain anything or feeling like I have to include anyone else.

#19 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6862 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

To put it simple, nothing about being single is "amazing".

This.

It does get old after a while.

#20 Posted by Serraph105 (28529 posts) -

Well it's been a few years since I've been single (going on four :) ), but I definitely have less money in my pocket. Don't get me wrong though it's totally worth having someone to be with, confide in, and in general keep you company (also sex), but yeah being single gives you a lot more money to play with.

#21 Edited by commander (8624 posts) -

@ThatMulatto said:

Let us hear!

Depends what person you are. I have had a steady relationship (for about 5 years) and I never had one again.

I never miss it, what I miss is money. Money doesn't get old, a relationship does and I think people stay together because they've grown into it and they love each other. However, that kind of love generates children and some part of me would really want that. On the other hand, it's a big responsibility and I probably won't do whatever I want again till I'm 60 lol

Since the world is already overpopulated and the problem only get's worse I say a lot people should stay single. Well , I was joking about that last bit of course, but overpopulation is a big problem so I don't feel guilty about being single. Maybe I'll meet someone and I'll have a relationship again but as of now, freedom is truly a nice thing, not being lonely doesn't make up for it in my book. Because a lot of people do it because they would get lonely, i get lonely sometimes though but then I find something to do or play some games (with others)

#22 Posted by foxhound_fox (90605 posts) -

Depends on who you ask. I personally prefer companionship to the lack of it.

#23 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10421 posts) -

@sammyjenkis898 said:

Paying for only one meal.

this.

if you have never been in a real relationship, you dont know how impactful that is.

If you a guy of course. Even if you dont want to, you as the guy always have to pay for your girls food when ever you guys are eating.

How bad does it look if you dont pay for her food or if you tell her that you dont got enough for her so she's just gonna have to sit her ass down. Looks and feels horrible, so that is why you always pay and make sure she gets whatever she wants as her meal.

#24 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9341 posts) -

@Shottayouth13- said:

@Ballroompirate said:

To put it simple, nothing about being single is "amazing".

This.

It does get old after a while.

I beg to differ.

#25 Posted by Netret0120 (2870 posts) -

Paying for your stuff and your stuff alone. Being in a relationship is expensive.

#26 Posted by mindstorm (15247 posts) -

1. Knowing exactly what your bank balance is.

2. Your clean things are still clean when you come back

3. Having your dirty things dirty is no problem. You can clean that tomorrow.

4. When you want to go some where, you go. No questions.

5. You want to buy something, you can. Right then.

6. Going out to eat is half the price.

7. What you eat is not debatable.

8. You watch what movies you want, when you want, how you want to.

9. Don't want to go straight home after work? Go for it.

10. Your bed is your own. Sleep diagonally if you wish.

But I speak as one who is engaged, merely assuming these to be the things I will soon lose. I'm fine with that.

#27 Posted by Dogswithguns (10915 posts) -

Freedom... comes and goes anywhere as I please.

#28 Posted by hippiesanta (9987 posts) -

You are allowed to hate Everything

#29 Posted by collegeboy64 (1671 posts) -

February 14 is just another day

#30 Posted by Boddicker (3058 posts) -

For the first 3-4 months or so it's cool.................then you start missing the regular access to sex and it sucks. :-(

#31 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@mindstorm said:

1. Knowing exactly what your bank balance is.

2. Your clean things are still clean when you come back

3. Having your dirty things dirty is no problem. You can clean that tomorrow.

4. When you want to go some where, you go. No questions.

5. You want to buy something, you can. Right then.

6. Going out to eat is half the price.

7. What you eat is not debatable.

8. You watch what movies you want, when you want, how you want to.

9. Don't want to go straight home after work? Go for it.

10. Your bed is your own. Sleep diagonally if you wish.

But I speak as one who is engaged, merely assuming these to be the things I will soon lose. I'm fine with that.

Been with my girl 20+ years and still do all those things. If you have to give those things up, then you might be in a relationship with the wrong person. Just sayin.

#32 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (985 posts) -

Picking up girls.

#33 Edited by mindstorm (15247 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@mindstorm said:

1. Knowing exactly what your bank balance is.

2. Your clean things are still clean when you come back

3. Having your dirty things dirty is no problem. You can clean that tomorrow.

4. When you want to go some where, you go. No questions.

5. You want to buy something, you can. Right then.

6. Going out to eat is half the price.

7. What you eat is not debatable.

8. You watch what movies you want, when you want, how you want to.

9. Don't want to go straight home after work? Go for it.

10. Your bed is your own. Sleep diagonally if you wish.

But I speak as one who is engaged, merely assuming these to be the things I will soon lose. I'm fine with that.

Been with my girl 20+ years and still do all those things. If you have to give those things up, then you might be in a relationship with the wrong person. Just sayin.

While I get your point and largely agree, when single you do not have to be mindful of anyone.

#34 Posted by KingsofQueens (2237 posts) -
  1. More pussy variety
  2. More freedom
  3. More time