what instrument(s) do you play?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by DrvoJavorovo (64 posts) -

I play the Bass (4 years), and the Guitar (6 i think), i can hold the rhythm on the Drums but that's about it, also would like to learn how to play the Saxophone, and Trumpet.

#52 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

Women's vaginas.

#53 Posted by BetaVulgaris (34 posts) -

@GOGOGOGURT: Classy.

#54 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

Guitar and harmonica.

@SexyJazzCat said:

I tried teaching myself how to play acoustic guitar. I didn't last very long.

It just takes practice. If you commit to playing every day, even for just a half hour, you'll be getting better before you know it. Especially with acoustic, since you're mostly doing chords (unless you play classical) all you need is the muscle memory and the reflexes which just come with time.

#55 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

@BetaVulgaris said:

@GOGOGOGURT: Classy.

And clever.

#56 Posted by MarioFan264 (784 posts) -

Bassoon and tenor saxophone.

That's putting it simplistically. I've played a ton of instruments, but the above two and oboe/English horn are my favorites.

#57 Posted by I_Am_Dominic (14 posts) -

I use to play piano for two years.

Now I play the guitar...

#58 Edited by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

I play bass and guitar, however I don't play bass like a conventional rhythm-oriented bassist would (although I can). I tend to mess around with chromaticism and essentially walking all over the fretboard, imitating some jazz musicians. I also like to play the main melody on bass rather than guitar. As long as you have the strings to back it up, it makes for an interesting, organic-sounding attack.

#59 Posted by I_Am_Dominic (14 posts) -

@Saturos3091: I like doing that with my guitar - irritate others with my dancing fingers playing almost till the opening of the guitar back to the first fret... But honeslty I make more music than noise.

#60 Posted by br0kenrabbit (13497 posts) -

Guitar and drums. Better on the guitar. I really should play more than I do. :(

#61 Posted by BranKetra (49934 posts) -

I learned how to play recorder and trumpet in middle school and was in band 5th and 6th grade. I will start playing again in a year or so.

#62 Edited by Saturos3091 (14938 posts) -

@I_Am_Dominic: I don't usually play it like that exactly, but that can be fun to do for sure. Noise is quite interesting music. I usually stick to some unconventional chords mixed with a solid groove.

#63 Edited by Planeforger (16318 posts) -

I used to play the piano, trumpet and violin (not brilliantly), but I haven't touched any of them since...2005ish, just before high school got more serious.

#64 Posted by Serraph105 (28563 posts) -

I used to play trombone, but I haven't done so in years.

#65 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

Guitar...if I could play it.

#66 Edited by I_Am_Dominic (14 posts) -

@Saturos3091: :) #True

#67 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

I drum for a few hours every day.

#68 Posted by PhilipEskov67 (9 posts) -

I played the piano. Right now I don'r play any instrument :(

#69 Posted by HuggyBear1020 (467 posts) -

Well my wife is quite proficient at playing the skin flute.

#70 Edited by ShepardCommandr (3270 posts) -

@junglist101 said:

I play the skin flute.

lol this