what instrument(s) do you play?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

I play bass and guitar. ive been playing bass for 4 years and guitar for 3 years. I mainly play bass right now, but I hope to get better at guitar too. anyone else play an instrument?

#2 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

I used to play the Viola.

#3 Edited by lonewolf604 (8510 posts) -
#4 Posted by Shmiity (4964 posts) -

I study singing in University. I took private piano lessons for awhile, too.

#5 Posted by junglist101 (5453 posts) -

I play the skin flute.

#6 Edited by Ace6301 (21388 posts) -

I play guitar pretty well and can sing certain styles.

#7 Posted by TheFlush (5412 posts) -

Midi controller + Notebook with Reason software

it's all I need.

#8 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (16971 posts) -

I be a drummer! Unfortunately I lack the equipment to record myself though.....

#9 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

i dont play any instruments

#10 Posted by wis3boi (30881 posts) -

Trombone, tuba

#11 Posted by Blueresident87 (5195 posts) -

I can play a few, but I primarily play guitar.

#12 Posted by bob_toeback (11267 posts) -

Gonna play trumpet at some point in life.

#13 Edited by kraken2109 (12950 posts) -

Drums.

EDIT: Guess I won't let gamespot host my images, they've compressed the fvck out of it...

#14 Edited by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

I can play every woodwind instrument as my stepfather somewhat forced me as a child, though a nice skill to have, I don't utilize it.

I wanted to play the Piccolo, and yes it was because of Dragon Ball Z.

#15 Posted by destinhpark (4700 posts) -

None. :(

#16 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Trumpet. I played in regular band and jazz band in high school and played at my church for like 6 months. I haven't played in 2 years though and am thinking of picking it up again.

#17 Posted by redstorm72 (4507 posts) -

Acoustic guitar. Been playing for about a year and a half. mostly just play for fun and to sing along to some of my favorite songs.

#18 Posted by ferrari2001 (16677 posts) -

I can play the saxophone well. I'm also capable of playing the trumpet, clarinet, although in a limited capacity.

#19 Edited by WiiCubeM1 (4727 posts) -

Most brass instruments and mallet percussion, but I'm best on the trumpet. Being as I'm not in school, I haven't played the thing nearly as much as I should, but I do occasionally pick it up for a video game remix, like this one.

#20 Posted by konvikt_17 (22100 posts) -
#21 Posted by Ravenous_Joker (30 posts) -

None

#22 Posted by foxhound_fox (86852 posts) -

Well: tenor saxophone
Decently well: piano
Poorly: guitar

Want to learn: cello

#23 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@kraken2109 said:

Drums.

EDIT: Guess I won't let gamespot host my images, they've compressed the fvck out of it...

What's with that discoloration? I noticed it on the cymbals in high school but never bothered to ask anyone what causes it.

Well: tenor saxophone

Decently well: piano

Poorly: guitar

Want to learn: cello

Piano is hard as hell. I tried to learn a little bit and gave up after like 5 hours. It's so confusing to me to play multiple notes at once even if they make sense in the chords.

#24 Edited by Ring_of_fire (15620 posts) -

Double Bass

#25 Edited by DanishSnow (67 posts) -

I used to play the french horn. Now I play the guitar and drums.

#26 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

I play guitar. Mostly electric.

#27 Edited by the_bi99man (11026 posts) -

In order of proficiency, best to worst.

Guitar (acoustic and electric)

Bass

Keyboards/synthesizers

Piano

Drums

Drums are the only one I'm not good enough at to be comfortable playing in front of people. If I actually had a drumkit, and somewhere to play it, I'd practice a lot more.

I've also been making 100% digital music for close to 10 years now. Used to do it a lot more, but in the last few years I've moved away from it, as I've been focusing more on real instruments, and my band.

#28 Posted by SexyJazzCat (877 posts) -

I tried teaching myself how to play acoustic guitar. I didn't last very long.

#29 Edited by lensflare15 (6163 posts) -

trumpet (my main instrument) and bass guitar.

#30 Edited by foxhound_fox (86852 posts) -
@cain006 said:

Piano is hard as hell. I tried to learn a little bit and gave up after like 5 hours. It's so confusing to me to play multiple notes at once even if they make sense in the chords.

I mostly played as a child up until age 12. Then it took a back seat to tenor sax and concert/jazz band. I wish I had never given it up. It takes both tons of practice and natural talent for using both hands separately... and reading two different lines of music, in different clefs, at the same time.

The home I build will have a musically oriented space for myself, my partner and my future children. And there will be a piano.

#31 Posted by lightleggy (15836 posts) -

Piano, used to play guitar but I sucked hard at it.

And I've realized that I can play bass just fine, I have no idea why since I've never taken any bass lessons.

Don't even get me near a drum though.

#32 Posted by lightleggy (15836 posts) -

@cain006 said:

The home I build will have a musically oriented space for myself, my partner and my future children. And there will be a piano.

Yeah, Same here, Always wanted that, a good room for an acoustic piano with a huge window to look at the garden.

#33 Posted by the_bi99man (11026 posts) -

And I've realized that I can play bass just fine, I have no idea why since I've never taken any bass lessons.

Are you black?

#34 Edited by conquerorsaint (1207 posts) -

trying to learn guitar through rocksmith at the moment (I wish we had this game 10 or even 5 years ago)

#35 Posted by gamerguru100 (10392 posts) -

I play the PS3 controller.

#36 Posted by lightleggy (15836 posts) -

@lightleggy said:

Are you black?

No, I'm french though. Does that helps?

#37 Posted by Shmiity (4964 posts) -

@the_bi99man said:

@lightleggy said:

Are you black?

This guy missed the South Park reference.

#38 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

Don't play an instrument.

#39 Posted by lightleggy (15836 posts) -

@Shmiity said:

@lightleggy said:

@the_bi99man said:

@lightleggy said:

Are you black?

This guy missed the South Park reference.

Well that's probably because I don't watch shitty shows.

Reminds me of the time I said that girls thought I had a nice ass and that during high school girls at my class made a "guy with the best ass in class" poll and I won. And nobody believed me because it turns out the same thing had happened in a SP episode.

#40 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

None at the moment. I've never touched a musical instrument in my life, never had access to one in the first place. But I'd really love to learn how to play the synthesizer, I'm not sure if it passes as a "musical instrument" though. Anything that would make me play this:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0cXA5ao55qW

#41 Posted by Dequan1233 (107 posts) -
#42 Edited by --Thomas-- (920 posts) -

Saxophone and harmonica.

#43 Edited by clarinetguy097 (82 posts) -

I've been playing the clarinet for about seven years, and I'm pretty good at it.

At one point, I tried to "teach" myself how to play the piano. I can play a couple songs, but I can't sightread, so it takes me a while to learn them, and I have trouble playing more than one note at a time.

#44 Edited by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

Saxophone: 7th Grade

Clarinet: 6th Grade

I was pretty good with the Clarinet and I wished I spent a couple of more years with it, probably would be a master by now.

#45 Posted by YoshiYogurt (5947 posts) -

The flute(for real).

#46 Posted by themajormayor (25621 posts) -

Piano, Bassoon,

Tried to learn Oud and Baglama but they broke

#47 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -
#48 Posted by THE_DRUGGIE (24921 posts) -

Geetar, harmonaka and my big ol' trombone.

#49 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -

I play bass, I'm still learning how to play a guitar, keyboard, and I used to play saxophone.

#50 Posted by kraken2109 (12950 posts) -

@cain006 said:

@kraken2109 said:

Drums.

What's with that discoloration? I noticed it on the cymbals in high school but never bothered to ask anyone what causes it.

That's just reflections lol