what happens to dead babies.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nippon_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nippon_gamer
Member since 2005 • 928 Posts
in your religion what happens to dead babies? do they go to heaven with an underdeveloped brain that doesnt know anything? or do they do to hell because it was some how thier fault that they died so early?
skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts
Good question, I've always pondered wtf happens to babies, mentally retarded people, etc.
methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 methree15
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts

in your religion what happens to dead babies? do they go to heaven with an underdeveloped brain that doesnt know anything? or do they do to hell because it was some how thier fault that they died so early?nippon_gamer

Dude I know it's late but wtf? At least change the thread title or something.

Poedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Poedon
Member since 2002 • 2594 Posts
i'd say they go to hell. In christianity you go to hell if you don't accept jesus into your heart and accept him as your savior right?
Poedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Poedon

[QUOTE="nippon_gamer"]in your religion what happens to dead babies? do they go to heaven with an underdeveloped brain that doesnt know anything? or do they do to hell because it was some how thier fault that they died so early?methree15

They get turned into solyent green :P

dippy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 dippy88
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts

Just don't eat the lamb biriyani at the curry house.

Sefion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sefion
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

i'd say they go to hell. In christianity you go to hell if you don't accept jesus into your heart and accept him as your savior right?Poedon

Lol they also say you go to hell if you *pleasure* yourself

well im screwed like 1783471298472396423x over

methree15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 methree15
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
[QUOTE="methree15"]

[QUOTE="nippon_gamer"]in your religion what happens to dead babies? do they go to heaven with an underdeveloped brain that doesnt know anything? or do they do to hell because it was some how thier fault that they died so early?Poedon

You people have no souls.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

in your religion what happens to dead babies? do they go to heaven with an underdeveloped brain that doesnt know anything? or do they do to hell because it was some how thier fault that they died so early?nippon_gamer

Haha, I thought you were gonna make a dead baby joke.

Sefion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sefion
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
[QUOTE="Poedon"][QUOTE="methree15"]

[QUOTE="nippon_gamer"]in your religion what happens to dead babies? do they go to heaven with an underdeveloped brain that doesnt know anything? or do they do to hell because it was some how thier fault that they died so early?methree15

You people have no souls.

Mango

Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts

They become "released" duh. A cookie goes to whoever can figure out this reference...

Poedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Poedon

They become "released" duh. A cookie goes to whoever can figure out this reference...

gorilazandgames

That only happens to the children of rapture :P

Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
[QUOTE="gorilazandgames"]

Poedon

That only happens to the children of rapture :P

nuh-uh. try again. think of the key word I quoted....

HINT: its from a book.

Wren28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Wren28
Member since 2005 • 27811 Posts

i'd say they go to hell. In christianity you go to hell if you don't accept jesus into your heart and accept him as your savior right?Poedon

I'm a Christian and I do not believe babies that die go to hell. As for your second sentence, I was brought up to believe that only applied to people who have heard "the message" but rejected it. Babies are too young to comprehend and accept, they are still innocent and not corrupted by sin and what have you.

ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
The soul that occupied the body can do one of two things: find another body and lose the memory of the life they just lived or live as a sort of ghost that keeps the memory and travels wherever he or she wants (they do have the option to find another body when they are ready to leave the hidden layer that occupied bodies can't see).
Poedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Poedon

[QUOTE="Poedon"]i'd say they go to hell. In christianity you go to hell if you don't accept jesus into your heart and accept him as your savior right?Wren28

I'm a Christian and I do not believe babies that die go to hell. As for your second sentence, I was brought up to believe that only applied to people who have heard "the message" but rejected it. Babies are too young to comprehend and accept, they are still innocent and not corrupted by sin and what have you.

So what is the cutoff point? 8 , 10, 18, 21?

Poedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Poedon

The soul that occupied the body can do two things: find another body and lose the memory of the life they just lived or live as a sort of ghost that keeps the memory and travels wherever he or she wants (they do have the option to find another body when they are ready to leave the hidden layer that occupied bodies can't see).ernie1989

What religion is that?

ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts

[QUOTE="ernie1989"]The soul that occupied the body can do two things: find another body and lose the memory of the life they just lived or live as a sort of ghost that keeps the memory and travels wherever he or she wants (they do have the option to find another body when they are ready to leave the hidden layer that occupied bodies can't see).Poedon

What religion is that?

I don't have a name for it. Neither is it a religion. It's something that one thinks up after experiencing long periods of solitude over six years. I think it's time that I went outside and became more social. Anyways, it's something that makes me feel better about the day I die -- just a little theory of my own.

Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

I'm not sure whether this issue is specifically discussed in the bible, but what is clear is that God places the same value on the life of an unborn child as he does on a normal human being. I believe stillborn babies pretty much have a "get into heaven free" card. All human beings, whether a baby in the womb or a 90 year old man, have a fully functional soul. As for the mentally disabled, you can bet that God is going to be a A LOT more lenient with them.

Some people might wonder what the point was in God even creating a baby when he knew it was going to be stillborn. It could just be that God intended to gauge OUR perception of the baby and how we treated it. The same goes for the mentally disabled. That stillborn kid could just have been the luckiest human being to have ever...uhh...not lived.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
I assume their soul would go to heaven. But as for the brain part, hell i have no idea.
ThaSod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 ThaSod
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts

[QUOTE="Poedon"]i'd say they go to hell. In christianity you go to hell if you don't accept jesus into your heart and accept him as your savior right?Sefion

Lol they also say you go to hell if you *pleasure* yourself

well im screwed like 1783471298472396423x over

Laugh, so did it fall off yet?

Minzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Minzero
Member since 2005 • 463 Posts
In catholic religion they would go to heaven... If scientifically they would just rot...
nippon_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nippon_gamer
Member since 2005 • 928 Posts

In catholic religion they would go to heaven... If scientifically they would just rot...Minzero

but when they go to heaven do they know what they are doing?

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
I pile them in my garage and hope for a Porsche.
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/2255Does the Bible teach that babies go to hell when they die? In order to answer this question, we must find a biblical example in which an infant died, and in which his or her eternal destination is recorded. To do such is not difficult. In 2 Samuel 12, King David's newborn son fell terminally ill. After seven days, the child died. In verses 22 and 23, the Bible records that David said: "While the child was alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, 'Who can tell whether the Lord will be gracious to me, that the child may live?' But now he is dead; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me." It is clear that David's dead infant son would never return to this Earth, but David also said that one day, he would go to be with his son. Through inspiration, David documented that his own eternal destination was going to be "in the house of the Lord" (Psalm 23:6). Therefore, we can conclude that "the house of the Lord" would be the eternal destination of his infant son to whom David would one day go. King David was looking forward to the day when he would be able to meet his son in heaven. Absolutely nothing in this context gives any hint that the dead infant son's soul would go to hell.

Furthermore, Jesus said in Matthew 18:3-5:

Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Whoever receives one little child like this in My name receives Me.

And in Luke 18:16-17, Jesus remarked: "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."

Therefore, we have been given a specific example in the Old Testament of an infant who died and would live forever in heaven. And Jesus Christ Himself, in the New Testament, stated that little children retain the qualities that make a person eligible to inherit the kingdom of God. We see, then, that infants and small children that die are in a safe state, and will live eternally in heaven.

With such clear statements from the Bible about the eternal destiny of dead infants and small children, why have religious people mistakenly taught that babies go to hell when they die? Due to the influential nature of John Calvin and his teachings, many people have taught that sin is "passed" from one generation to the next. It is believed by many religious people that children "inherit" the sins of their parents. Yet, the Bible pointedly and explicitly teaches that such is not the case. In Ezekiel 18:20, the Bible says: "The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son." Also, in Exodus 32, Moses pleaded with God to forgive the sins of the Israelites when he said: "Yet now, if You will forgive their sin-but if not, I pray, blot me out of Your book which You have written. And the Lord said to Moses, 'Whoever has sinned against Me, I will blot him out of My book' " (Exodus 32:32-33). The Bible is plain in its teaching that babies do not inherit the sins of their parents. [One commonly misapplied scripture used to teach that infants inherit sin is Psalm 51:5-6, which has been dealt with in detail by Wayne Jackson (2000).]

The Bible nowhere teaches that babies go to hell if they die in infancy. Neither does it teach that babies inherit the sins of their parents. Although many skeptics have tried to portray God as an evil tyrant Who condemns innocent children to eternal destruction, their arguments are without merit or any semblance of biblical credence. In the words of Jesus Christ, "Let the little children come to me."

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts
well usa dictates that fetuses are not alive/living and have no human rights until they are born and take their first breaths. So based on that i would say that a unborn baby goes to the incinerator
clock_of_omens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clock_of_omens
Member since 2005 • 5595 Posts
babies go to heaven
zodiark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zodiark1
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts

gorilazandgames
Its from that book "The Giver"
Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

zodiark1

That book freaking creeped me out. . .

zodiark1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 zodiark1
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts
[QUOTE="zodiark1"][QUOTE="gorilazandgames"]

Dracargen

That book freaking creeped me out. . .

I know they dont feel pain on account of all the pills and stuff and if theres twins they kill one of em.
Star_Wars117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#32 Star_Wars117
Member since 2006 • 532 Posts
according to alot of Christians. Anybody under the age of 13 goes to heaven automatically...
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MKHavoc
Member since 2007 • 1100 Posts

gorilazandgames

Is it from The Giver?

machiavell8x8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 machiavell8x8
Member since 2008 • 1399 Posts

I eat them >_>cryptosopoidium

i put them in a blender for a nice erection

tzar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 tzar3
Member since 2006 • 12393 Posts
They rot, thats what happens, the same with anybody.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts
i asked my priest about that. he told me that god is very merciful, if a CHRISTIAN baby dies then he/she automatically goes to heaven. as for a baby of any other religion or hasnt been baptized yet, he gave me the same answer, god is merciful. so im guessing all babies go to heaven.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

MKHavoc

Is it from The Giver?

yea it is. and in the giver, dead babies get replaced. babies with defenciencies get released.
Azurr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Azurr
Member since 2008 • 483 Posts
Alice Cooper eats them :|