What games did everybody get for Christmas since this is, after all, GAMEspot?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sunfyre7896 (1631 posts) -

Just wondering what everyone asked for in terms of video games. I saw there was another thread but it was about everything and it was locked. This is just about video games only. I'll start it off.

I got Skyrim and Dead Island for my PS3 and spent over 8 hours playing last night. I really need to take more breaks. lol

#2 Posted by Ghost_702 (7405 posts) -
This should probably be in general but i got The Old Republic. It's been a blast so far.
#3 Posted by Just-Breathe (3741 posts) -
I bought Deus Ex Human Revolution for my PS3.
#4 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

None. No need when I've got SWTOR.

#5 Posted by BossPerson (9456 posts) -
I bought Deus Ex Human Revolution for my PS3. Just-Breathe
im on my second playthrough of that baby. One of the best games of the past 5 years imo
#6 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
Games I got for Christmas : Shadows Of The Damned, Vanquish, Split Second, Bulletstorm.... (These games were so underrated) I already bought all the big hitters this year like Skyrim, Gears etc
#7 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

None.

#8 Posted by ArT33_7 (607 posts) -

I got

Uncharted 3

Batman: Arkham City

#9 Posted by Victorious_Fize (6118 posts) -
#10 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10880 posts) -
Super Mario 3D Land (along with a schnazzy 3DS) and Professor Layton and the Last Specter.
#11 Posted by CRS98 (9036 posts) -
Skyrim and Saints Row: The Third.
#12 Posted by zeldaluff (3387 posts) -

I had Skyward Sword waiting for me when I got home on the 21st. It's the only thing I wanted to play while I was here.

#13 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -

Posting vidya on a non-vidya board.

Sunfyre7896

#14 Posted by lloveLamp (2890 posts) -
didnt get. got 2 pairs of sweat pants and simpsons socks
#15 Posted by dragonball3900 (8511 posts) -
Heavy Rain, Vanquish, Undead Nightmare, Mass Effect 2 and Resident Evil 5 were my Christmas games this year.
#16 Posted by Horgen (110079 posts) -
I got no games at all. :o
#18 Posted by ARProductions (-108 posts) -
I got some PS3 games. Dead Island Sonic Generations Duke Nukem Forever Saints Row 3 I see a copy of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, but that isn't mine :)
#19 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

saints row the third

rabbids alive and kicking

and a few games that came with the kinect(despite what people say the kinect is badass)

#20 Posted by pero2008 (2888 posts) -

Fifa 12 for PS2

#21 Posted by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -
I got no games at all. :o horgen123
Me either. In retrospect I probably should have asked for the Old Republic, but I've already got all the other games I want right now. I do want Uncharted 3, but I'll most likely rent that when I'm done with Skyrim.
#22 Posted by guildclaws (7907 posts) -
Assassins Creed Revelations. Batman Arkham City. Halo Anniversary. Skyrim. Saint Row 3. Modern Warfare 3. Battlefield 3.
#23 Posted by ARProductions (-108 posts) -
Not to stray away from the topic at hand, but what does everyone think of Saints Row 3? I have played the first 2, and they are fun, but there is something about the 3rd game, I really like, and I enjoy playing through it.
#24 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -
Not to stray away from the topic at hand, but what does everyone think of Saints Row 3? I have played the first 2, and they are fun, but there is something about the 3rd game, I really like, and I enjoy playing through it.ARProductions
Saints Row 2 is leaps and bounds better than Saints 3. The gangs were better (sons of samedi), and why did they get rid of septic avenger and celeb body guards?
#25 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

Not to stray away from the topic at hand, but what does everyone think of Saints Row 3? I have played the first 2, and they are fun, but there is something about the 3rd game, I really like, and I enjoy playing through it.ARProductions
it's funny overthe top insane,great game for me it dominated darksouls and skyrim i think it deserves game of the year,you get awesome weapons cloaths,vehacles.good play

#26 Posted by Nude_Dude (5371 posts) -
Super Mario 3D Land, my first 3DS game. (should I have picked Mario Kart 7?)
#27 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

I recieved a twenty dollar Playstation Network card. I might buy NBA 2K12 however.

#28 Posted by Seabas989 (10176 posts) -

Batman Arkham Asylum.

I'll probably buy Zelda: SS tomorrow.

#29 Posted by ARProductions (-108 posts) -

Batman Arkham Asylum.

I'll probably buy Zelda: SS tomorrow.

Seabas989
Arkham Asylum is a great game, I got it when I got my PS3.
#30 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26127 posts) -

Batman Arkham City PC

Uncharted 3

Demon Souls

Dark Souls

SSF4 3DS

Oh, and Skyward Sword but that was a really early christmas present. :P

#31 Posted by JIT93 (5590 posts) -
Sonic Generations Audiosurf and Sonic 3 I bought for myself :( I got a glove and a hat and a dufflebag, which is what I wanted too!
#32 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

None, though I can't complain. I bought a lot of games this year, there wasn't too much else that I wanted.

#33 Posted by genfactor (1462 posts) -
I got Batman Arkham city and Skyrim. I have'nt played them yet so I don't know if they're anygood.
#34 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -

Just wondering what everyone asked for in terms of video games. I saw there was another thread but it was about everything and it was locked. This is just about video games only. I'll start it off.

I got Skyrim and Dead Island for my PS3 and spent over 8 hours playing last night. I really need to take more breaks. lol

Sunfyre7896

WWE 12 for PS3

#35 Posted by DarthJohnova (4599 posts) -

Nothing, though I bought 4 games the day before in a massive sale.

Resistance 3
Crysis 2
AC:R
Dark Souls

#36 Posted by Wolf-Man2006 (4187 posts) -

Yeah I didn't get any games during Christmas since all I got was a $25 gift card for Barnes and Noble... Yeah.... Chances are I probably buy the Imperial Edition of Caligula, that is if Barnes and Noble stocks thespian pr0n...

#37 Posted by Alex3796 (2669 posts) -

Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition, been meaning to play the first one but never got around to it.

Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Bought these off Steam so I have a good base for...

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions, looks sweet. I plan on playing it after I get done with the other two DX games.

Then I got Kinect with Kinect Adventures, The Gunstringer, and Fruit Ninja Kinect.

#38 Posted by iloverikku11 (11039 posts) -

Saint's Row 3, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Skyrim

#39 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -
I got the sims 3 pets for 360, and the experiment for pc.
#40 Posted by Sunfyre7896 (1631 posts) -

I got a giftcard to WalMart for $50, so I'm also thinking of buying another game. I'm semi-undecided as Saints Row sounds good because I like open play games, Dark Souls, Resistance (Probably start with 1 and 2), Deus Ex, Red Dead Redemption 2 pack, Fallout: New Vegas, or MW3 or B.F.3.

I know, that's a lot, but I've taken a break from gaming for awhile, only playing certain games, and now I'm getting back into it. Not sure, but it'll be one or two off of that list above.

#41 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition, been meaning to play the first one but never got around to it.

Deus Ex, Deus Ex: Invisible War, Bought these off Steam so I have a good base for...

Deus Ex: Human Revolutions, looks sweet. I plan on playing it after I get done with the other two DX games.

Then I got Kinect with Kinect Adventures, The Gunstringer, and Fruit Ninja Kinect.

Alex3796
Deus Ex HR is a prequel to the older games dude.
#42 Posted by kris9031998 (7554 posts) -
I didn't get anything for Christmas.