What do you think of Zoos?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
You know, Zoos, places that house lovely animals and other exotic creatures. :P How often do you go them and do you enjoy going to them? Even though there's a Zoo in my town, its been ages since I last been to one. Also, any really favorite animals you have that enjoy seeing at Zoos? I really like Alligators and Bears.
#2 Posted by megagene (22985 posts) -
Are there pandas at these zoos? ^__^
#3 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -
2 boring
#4 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Even though the San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park is just down the road, I never go.

#5 Posted by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -
I thought Detroit was ok when I went there a little while ago.
#6 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I want a zoo of humans, separate them by demographics.
#7 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I want a zoo of humans, separate them by demographics. Fightingfan
It's called high school.

#8 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

Ive been to the San Diego zoo when I was young(was down in LA at DisneyLand) I dont remember a whole lot but I remember having a good time at that zoo, lots of unique wild animals (gorillas, leopards, monkeys, snakes, lions etc..) The one memory that stuck with me was seeing a 2 headed snake! It had a head one side of his body and another on the opposite side. Dont know how it went to the washroom.

This is simila to what I saw there.

2244181_72be_1024x2000.jpg

#9 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
Let's all goo to the zoo!
#10 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I want a zoo of humans, separate them by demographics. Pirate700

It's called high school.

Yeah, but I want one where I can feed them.
#11 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I want a zoo of humans, separate them by demographics. Fightingfan

It's called high school.

Yeah, but I want one where I can feed them.

Can be lunch lady.
#12 Posted by Bane_09 (3394 posts) -

I've been to the Denver Zoo when I was younger so I can't really remember it. Just went to the Omaha Zoo a couple years ago and it was pretty cool. I really want to go again sometime

#13 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -
Are there pandas at these zoos? ^__^megagene
Last I checked there ain't no panda bears at the zoo in my town. :P There are Himalayan Bears though I think.
#14 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I've been thinking about getting the yearly zoo pass here. I think it's $150 for two people, unlimited entry and tram rides. For how close it is to my house, it's a steal.

#15 Posted by megagene (22985 posts) -
[QUOTE="megagene"]Are there pandas at these zoos? ^__^Toph_Girl250
Last I checked there ain't no panda bears at the zoo in my town. :P There are Himalayan Bears though I think.

Oh. THEN I HATE THEM. ;_;
#16 Posted by -Tish- (3620 posts) -
Love the zoo. Go to the Omaha Zoo just about every summer.
#17 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

pretty cool.

in Minnesota there are two zoo's. the Minnesota Zoo which you gotta pay to get in, and Como Zoo which is free of entry and is sustained by foundations, donations, and some money from the cities.

You can bet which one i go to more often then the other.

best zoo i've ever been to is hands down Washington D.C. Zoo.

the worst zoo i've ever been to is the Al-Hasa Zoo in Saudi Arabia, seriously, where is PETA when a just cause shows up? oh right protesting Mario games and renaming fish as sea kittens. effort well spent i see.

#18 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

I've been thinking about getting the yearly zoo pass here. I think it's $150 for two people, unlimited entry and tram rides. For how close it is to my house, it's a steal.

Pirate700
That would be sweet to have a zoo close by. If you get bored, walk to the zoo (wild animals are always entertaining) Got a girl your interested in, go on a date with her to the zoo.(then dinner later on) Zoos are fun and a good place to loosen up when on a date. Got no job, im sure there are many entry jobs at that zoo. Lucky u
#19 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Mkavanaugh77

That would be sweet to have a zoo close by. If you get bored, walk to the zoo (wild animals are always entertaining) Got a girl your interested in, go on a date with her to the zoo.(then dinner later on) Zoos are fun and a good place to loosen up when on a date. Got no job, im sure there are many entry jobs at that zoo. Lucky u

I do walks for exercise so I figure, I can start doing the zoo instead of just my neighborhood.

#20 Posted by SaudiFury (8707 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

I do walks for exercise so I figure, I can start doing the zoo instead of just my neighborhood.

the sites would certainly be more interesting, unless you live in a neighborhood where a lot of odd happenings goin on :P
#21 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Running through the zoo would be sweet, dunno if they would let you?
#22 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"] That would be sweet to have a zoo close by. If you get bored, walk to the zoo (wild animals are always entertaining) Got a girl your interested in, go on a date with her to the zoo.(then dinner later on) Zoos are fun and a good place to loosen up when on a date. Got no job, im sure there are many entry jobs at that zoo. Lucky uMkavanaugh77

I'm not sure that would be a good idea. :P

#23 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13932 posts) -

The SF Zoo may be tame and sterile in comparison to San Diego's, but hey, at least we aren't Oakland.

#24 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20732 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I do walks for exercise so I figure, I can start doing the zoo instead of just my neighborhood.

Pirate700

I'm not sure that would be a good idea. :P

Maybe not the best idea, but it would be fun.
#25 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -

I don't really like going to zoos. I'm not really an animal person. I do however enjoy watching penguins when I do. Also, I went to this really cool butterfly exhibit at a zoo once as well.

#26 Posted by konvikt_17 (22131 posts) -

I thought Detroit was ok when I went there a little while ago.LittleMac19

Ha!

#27 Posted by lonewolfman10 (541 posts) -

They were fun as a kid, very boring now

#28 Posted by nooblet69 (5162 posts) -

I like visiting zoos but don't like seeing those beautiful animals locked up.  Also wish I could hunt some of them in an African Safari environment :).

#29 Posted by Bucked20 (6951 posts) -
Went to the zoo a few months ago,sh*t was in the boons,most unsafe zoo ever
#30 Posted by hippiesanta (9767 posts) -
I love those animal poop smell....
#31 Posted by MrGeezer (56041 posts) -
You know, Zoos, places that house lovely animals and other exotic creatures. :P How often do you go them and do you enjoy going to them? Even though there's a Zoo in my town, its been ages since I last been to one. Also, any really favorite animals you have that enjoy seeing at Zoos? I really like Alligators and Bears. Toph_Girl250
The only zoo I've ever been to was the one in New Orleans. There used to be one in my town (or the next town over), but I never went to it because I heard it was sad and depressing. I also heard that it got shut down a few years ago because it sucked and wasn't making money. Anyway, good zoos are cool. But crappy zoos are just sad.
#32 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

I've got a zoo a bit over 30 minutes from my house.  Been many times, although it's probably been a year or two since I've last gone.  I like it.  They have nice habitats for the animals and alot of cool animals, and interactions you can have with them.  I've fed Giraffes at the zoo, pet a rhino, gone in with kangaroos, and ridden a camel back when I was younger.

#33 Posted by MrGeezer (56041 posts) -

Ive been to the San Diego zoo when I was young(was down in LA at DisneyLand) I dont remember a whole lot but I remember having a good time at that zoo, lots of unique wild animals (gorillas, leopards, monkeys, snakes, lions etc..) The one memory that stuck with me was seeing a 2 headed snake! It had a head one side of his body and another on the opposite side. Dont know how it went to the washroom.

This is simila to what I saw there.

2244181_72be_1024x2000.jpg

Mkavanaugh77
Man...that's f***ed up. I've seen two headed snakes before, I know they aren't that uncommon. But in every case I've seen, both of the heads were right next to each other. I've never seen a case in which the second head was the ass.
#34 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -
Even though I haven't been to the Zoo in a few years, I do have a good time when I go.
#35 Posted by dercoo (12555 posts) -

I find zoos uncomfortable ever since I've seen that Twilight Zone martian episode...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbZZypiCqolrvUAe8wNzn

#36 Posted by lamprey263 (22787 posts) -
I used to go all the time, but I haven't been by the zoo in a couple years. Great place though.
#37 Posted by kriggy (845 posts) -

Are there pandas at these zoos? ^__^megagene

There are pandas in San Diego! :)

#38 Posted by johnd13 (7916 posts) -

I haven' t been to a Zoo in a very long time but I' d like to visit one. And witness some exotic animals and not just bears and peacocks...

#39 Posted by Angie7F (1120 posts) -

I prefer safari parks.

I hate zoos where 50% of the animals are sleeping. hiding, or under maintenance.

I also prefer zoos with petting zoos.

#40 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

Let's all goo to the zoo!KiIIyou

i wanna go to the zoo.:cool:

#41 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

2-5 times a year and thats just because one of my good friend buys a pass every a year and the pass allowes you to bring 2 people.

i sorta dislike zoo's to a degree.

#42 Posted by Legolas_Katarn (15592 posts) -
I never had much interest in going to a zoo. Kind of boring and I don't like being outside in the day.
#43 Posted by indzman (16939 posts) -

Last visted Zoo in Year 2003 or 2004, can't remember which year exactly :(

#44 Posted by tenaka2 (17013 posts) -

I like safari parks more, I once had my fingers licked by cheatahs.

#45 Posted by HybridPhoenix (3598 posts) -
I have mixed feelings. If they have nice enclosures and space to move, it's not as bad, but I feel bad for the animals in a lot of situations
#46 Posted by fastesttruck (25353 posts) -
I wanna work at one
#47 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

I haven't been to the zoo in almost five years.

I thought they were alright.

#48 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Ares is better.
#49 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
Ares is better.Zeviander
I see what you did there.
#50 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
Like them a lot. Best one I've been to is the zoo in Copenhagen, Denmark. Lisbon one is a close second.