What do you think of your boss?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by shyWiLLiS (17 posts) -

I hate working for my boss. I think she deserves a serious talking to from higher up.

#2 Posted by Korvus (3806 posts) -

@shywillis: I hate my boss. He's demanding, makes me work way too many hours and in several different places, completely overbooks me, and he's never satisfied with the results no matter how hard I work.

The thing that sucks the most in all of this is that I'm self-employed...

#3 Posted by shyWiLLiS (17 posts) -

@korvus: Wow, he sounds like such an asshole!

#4 Edited by Korvus (3806 posts) -

@shywillis: He is, and I even have to deal with him outside of work! =P

#5 Edited by Iszdope (9984 posts) -

He's alright I guess.

Edit: oh yeah, TC is a racist.

#6 Posted by shyWiLLiS (17 posts) -
@Iszdope said:

He's alright I guess.

Edit: oh yeah, TC is a racist.

I feel like I should defend myself.... but I am mildly racist. I'm just a rare person who will admit it. I can't help but believe in some stereotypes... but it won't stop me from liking or loving someone after I get to know them, no matter what they look like.

#7 Posted by Iszdope (9984 posts) -

@shywillis said:
@Iszdope said:

He's alright I guess.

Edit: oh yeah, TC is a racist.

I feel like I should defend myself.... but I am mildly racist. I'm just a rare person who will admit it. I can't help but believe in some stereotypes... but it won't stop me from liking or loving someone after I get to know them, no matter what they look like.

A racist is a racist is a racist.

#8 Edited by indzman (17789 posts) -

#9 Posted by shyWiLLiS (17 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

@shywillis said:
@Iszdope said:

He's alright I guess.

Edit: oh yeah, TC is a racist.

I feel like I should defend myself.... but I am mildly racist. I'm just a rare person who will admit it. I can't help but believe in some stereotypes... but it won't stop me from liking or loving someone after I get to know them, no matter what they look like.

A racist is a racist is a racist.

So you're not racist at all?

#10 Posted by playmynutz (5983 posts) -

My managers were such white boys

#11 Posted by Iszdope (9984 posts) -

@shywillis: Nah.

#12 Posted by foxhound_fox (88319 posts) -

My boss is merely a puppet for the president of the company. He dictates a change, and she implements it.

A year ago when I was hired, the woman in her position had an idea of what needed to be done, and did her best to make sure everyone had a voice and was taken care of. Then the old president retired, and the vice moved into his position. People of 20+ years started getting fired ("forced to resign", much like myself) for no reason other than they wouldn't comply with his wishes.

In the span of about 16 months, the company went from the best I'd ever worked for, to the worst. And the new president's business decisions, due to his lack of understanding of the freight industry and how the warehouse/driving works, is going to be the end for this branch of the company. Sure, the sales people can continue making all the sales they want, but if there isn't anyone skilled enough to send the product out, then the customer isn't going to be very happy.

#13 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2677 posts) -

i am the boss

I don't take orders from anyone but myself

#14 Edited by Dogswithguns (10764 posts) -

I hated my boss from my other job last year, he had a terrible attitude. so I quit... my new boss isn't as bad.

#15 Posted by Horgen (110121 posts) -

My current one is ok. Worked with for 8 years. He wasn't always my boss, although always above me in the chain. Nice guy who sadly is quitting this store and taking over another one. I wonder how the next boss will be.

#16 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16115 posts) -

My boss? He's fair. To get my annual leave/vacation to coincide with Final Exam Week, I had to take some pretty shitty shifts in return. The shifts sucked. But, they're all in the past now and I can be a bum for a whole month.

#17 Posted by jasean79 (2374 posts) -

Hated them. Two of the biggest tools I've ever met.

#18 Posted by -Blasphemy- (3073 posts) -

i dont like bosses thats why i refuse to be one.