What do you think of Tyler the Creator?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6584 posts) -

Like his style and his songs are weird in a good way. Some people say he's just an Eminem wannabe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtgP3HoeGbY

#2 Posted by ScorpionTroll (842 posts) -

No

#3 Posted by D3nnyCrane (11984 posts) -
What do people think about Lynyrd Skynyrd? They are better than Tyler the Creator and ergo more deserving of this thread
#4 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

I think Lynyrd Skynyrd is alright.

#5 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

BrickSquad!!!

I like his flow in like two/three songs.

#6 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

I don't think of Tyler the Creator.

#7 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
this thread would have been more relevant like a year ago but yeah hes alright
#8 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6584 posts) -
this thread would have been more relevant like a year ago but yeah hes alrightcheese_game619
More relevant a year ago? I figured he's still relevant since he's got a new album coming out next month.
#9 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]this thread would have been more relevant like a year ago but yeah hes alrightCapitan_Kid
More relevant a year ago? I figured he's still relevant since he's got a new album coming out next month.

He's not that famous to be honest, his net worth isn't higher then your average doctor.
#10 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
he hasnt done a hell of a lot since mtv recognised yonkers his work with pusha was good but there wasnt much of it i didnt know about his new album but... thats a month away
#11 Posted by DanteSuikoden (3418 posts) -

I think he's pretty dope.

Edit - Far from an Eminem wannabe

#12 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

never really heard his stuff but i know he hates bruno mars and i like that about him. bruno mars and maroon 5 are the worst artists i have ever heard in my life, their music has no redeeming qualities, i wish nothing but bad things upon their singing careers.

#13 Posted by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"][QUOTE="cheese_game619"]this thread would have been more relevant like a year ago but yeah hes alrightFightingfan

He's not that famous to be honest, his net worth isn't higher then your average doctor.

Still one of the more unique rappers out there. And to answer OP, yeah he's cool, I don't listen to that much rap or hip-hop, but I'll listen to Tyler sometimes.

#14 Posted by LZ71 (10289 posts) -
I enjoy some of the stuff he's done, enough so that I'm mildly anticipating his next album.
#15 Posted by -Toshy- (1353 posts) -
Your link links to this thread. I'm so confused.

I'm alright with Tyler. Feel that Yonkers is an overrated song though. He has better stuff.
#16 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6584 posts) -

BrickSquad!!!

I like his flow in like two/three songs.

Fightingfan
Lmao. He's freakin crazy.
#17 Posted by konvikt_17 (22248 posts) -

i quite like his show Loiter Squad.

never really listened to his music though.

#18 Posted by supa_badman (16630 posts) -

I don't really like his music, save for like, She, and that's only because of Frank Ocean, but I do like his personality that stands out from the cookie cutter rappers.

#19 Posted by smack_masta (2748 posts) -

Love Tyler and everyone in Odd Future. Just saw them in Chicago last month.. great show.

#20 Posted by soulless4now (41378 posts) -

Who?

#21 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -

Who?

soulless4now
AHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHA HOW FUNNY IS THIS HAVE YOU SEEN THIS HOW ORIGINAL MY SIDES ARE EXPLODING
#22 Posted by FrostyPhantasm (8521 posts) -
I don't like him at all.
#23 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5387 posts) -
this thread would have been more relevant like a year ago but yeah hes alrightcheese_game619
What does that even mean? If it was good a year ago why wouldn't it be good now?
#24 Posted by cheese_game619 (13316 posts) -
[QUOTE="cheese_game619"]this thread would have been more relevant like a year ago but yeah hes alrightPernicioEnigma
What does that even mean? If it was good a year ago why wouldn't it be good now?

naw diddums it means that the rapper man had more people singing his songs back then
#25 Posted by Postmortem123 (7704 posts) -

I don't think of Tyler the Creator.

CHOASXIII

#26 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6584 posts) -
I don't like him at all.FrostyPhantasm
Whhaaaaat?! He's no Based God but he's still cool.
#27 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -

I had a brief listening period of some of his songs. Mostly from the album Goblin I like his rather unique flow. Not amazing but not bad considering I don't listen to alot of rap really. I don't know what to think of him as a person though sometimes he seems quite geeky and self deprecating other times he acts like a complete tool, A quite amusing tool.