What do you think of the movie about prophet Muhammad and Muslims response?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts

Tell me your ideas. Was that a bad thing to do? Were Muslims too aggressive about it?

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Theres already been a huge thread on this, considering you keep bumping very old threads I am surprised you didnt just stick with that one.

ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts

I didn't care for the movie ,It looked like a really bad school project with horrible editing . As for the Muslims response , they need to grow thicker skin . Living in a muslim country , I can honestly tell you that most of the people who went out to protest or who were offended by the movie did not even watch it . It's become a thing now whenever soemone says something about Islam ,they start a facebook page and a protest . there are lots of videos making fun of other religions , i dont see why Islam should get special treatment , If making more of these movies will help them develop a sense of humor then so be it .

Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

I don't care enough to watch it.

cslayer211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cslayer211
Member since 2012 • 797 Posts

Watch this movie about islam:

watch_movie_the_message.png

This movie is about the story of Islam set in the 7th century in Mecca, where powerful leaders are in conflict with Muhammad (Pbuh) who attacks the many injustices their way of life producers - slavery, drunkeness and cruelty. Muhammad (Pbuh) claims to have seen a vision of Angel Gabriel and calls to the people of Mecca to worship the One True God. After a revelation from God, Muhammad (Pbuh) agrees to take arms against Mecca and at the wells of Badr, the inexperienced Muslim troops are victorius. However, at the battle of Uhud, they are beaten. They accept a ten year truce, so that they can continue to spread the word (Message) of God.

Undersama
Why?
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Muslims are too aggressive about a lot of things. They need to get with the times.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

I think this has shown that islam is violent

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
It was done in poor taste, hate filled, and the actors/actresses involved were deceived into making the film. I don't hold any ill feelings towards others religious beliefs because no one can prove their religion is better than the next. If the people in that region of the world wants to go about their lives the way they have been for centuries, who am I to arrogantly say other wise? There's no denying the person that made that film has some serious personal issues. Perhaps he should be on the front line instead of Infuriating people and the already delicate situation.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts
muslims get butthurt over the smallest things. they need to calm the hell down. and the west needs to stop catering to these muslim immigrants
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

This movie is about the story of Islam set in the 7th century in Mecca, where powerful leaders are in conflict with Muhammad (Pbuh) who attacks the many injustices their way of life producers - slavery, drunkeness and cruelty. Muhammad (Pbuh) claims to have seen a vision of Angel Gabriel and calls to the people of Mecca to worship the One True God. After a revelation from God, Muhammad (Pbuh) agrees to take arms against Mecca and at the wells of Badr, the inexperienced Muslim troops are victorius. However, at the battle of Uhud, they are beaten. They accept a ten year truce, so that they can continue to spread the word (Message) of God.

Undersama

Sounds awful.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Everybody involved is stupid
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#13 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

The movie is badly acted and extreamely low budget. People should have just ingored it. And are Muslims being over aggressive? Well obviosly YES! They are rioting and causing huge amounts of damage. They are so upset over a stupid video on Youtube.

They need to grow some balls and stop being over sensitive pvssies. I see dumb videos on Youtube all the time, some of them have offensive content, you know what I do? I just ignore it and move on.

Also they can't take it down, that would violate freedom of speech. I support Youtube for standing up to the Muslims. Many other companies pvssied out in the past over similar issues (like Sony), but glad to see Youtube has a backbone.

Muslims are just going to have to deal with it. The video will be there forever, you can't stop the internet.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

the movie was stupid and kinda funny,the reaction was just plain stupid.

MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts

[QUOTE="Undersama"]

toast_burner

Sounds awful.

just watch it
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
The trailer was stupid and laughably bad, but Muslims' reactions were even worse.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
Its hilariously bad, I find it really embarrassing that people actually took it seriously enough to protest it.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
I laughed when I watched the trailer, not because I hate Islam or anything, it's just that it was really bad.
VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts
Its hilariously bad, I find it really embarrassing that people actually took it seriously enough to protest it.GazaAli
i'm pretty sure most of them didn't actually watch the video.
ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]Its hilariously bad, I find it really embarrassing that people actually took it seriously enough to protest it.VaguelyTagged

Trust me , most of them didn't watch it . They just heard it was offensive .
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GazaAli
[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="GazaAli"]Its hilariously bad, I find it really embarrassing that people actually took it seriously enough to protest it.ultrapc

Trust me , most of them didn't watch it . They just heard it was offensive .

Yea, I think there was a fatwa that watching it is haram.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="Undersama"]

MAZ85

Sounds awful.

just watch it

Why? I've got better things to do than watch some pedophile being worshipped.

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

Actually, I'm with Pat on this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCXHPKhRCVg&feature=plcp

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

[QUOTE="MAZ85"][QUOTE="toast_burner"]Sounds awful.

toast_burner

just watch it

grow up please, you're level fvcking 71, grow the fvck up or go outside and get some sun.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GazaAli

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

[QUOTE="MAZ85"] just watch itGrayF0X786

grow up please, you're level fvcking 71, grow the fvck up or go outside and get some sun.

You're level 71? :lol: that is kind of hilarious.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GrayF0X786

heres a Muslims response <3 :P

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]Why? I've got better things to do than watch some pedophile being worshipped.

GazaAli

You're level 71? :lol: that is kind of hilarious.

not me >.<

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts

It was done in poor taste, hate filled, and the actors/actresses involved were deceived into making the film. I don't hold any ill feelings towards others religious beliefs because no one can prove their religion is better than the next. If the people in that region of the world wants to go about their lives the way they have been for centuries, who am I to arrogantly say other wise? There's no denying the person that made that film has some serious personal issues. Perhaps he should be on the front line instead of Infuriating people and the already delicate situation. bnarmz

So, it's totally fine to riot and kill people after they made fun of your prophet as long as it is grounded in a few centuries of religious tradition?

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]It was done in poor taste, hate filled, and the actors/actresses involved were deceived into making the film. I don't hold any ill feelings towards others religious beliefs because no one can prove their religion is better than the next. If the people in that region of the world wants to go about their lives the way they have been for centuries, who am I to arrogantly say other wise? There's no denying the person that made that film has some serious personal issues. Perhaps he should be on the front line instead of Infuriating people and the already delicate situation. GIJames248

So, it's totally fine to riot and kill people after they made fun of your prophet as long as it is grounded in a few centuries of religious tradition?

I don't know where you got that thought from, perhaps you meant to quote someone else.
GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts

[QUOTE="GIJames248"]

[QUOTE="bnarmz"]It was done in poor taste, hate filled, and the actors/actresses involved were deceived into making the film. I don't hold any ill feelings towards others religious beliefs because no one can prove their religion is better than the next. If the people in that region of the world wants to go about their lives the way they have been for centuries, who am I to arrogantly say other wise? There's no denying the person that made that film has some serious personal issues. Perhaps he should be on the front line instead of Infuriating people and the already delicate situation. bnarmz

I don't know where you got that thought from, perhaps you meant to quote someone else.

My bad, I intended it for you, but I realize the sentence I thought absurd was the one saying "If the people in that region of the world wants to go about their lives the way they have been for centuries, who am I to arrogantly say other wise?" and I thought you meant that we should not be outraged that their religion led to them killing people, but rereading I think you meant something else.

I would still fault the rioters much more than the film maker for the violence though.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

ScorpionTroll

Exactly this.. I am usually the first to come to threads to defend Muslim followers who are getting stereotyped as extremists.. But for the actual radicals, they can go fvck themselves..

Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

As much as I like Muhammad and his views on women and jews I can't say I support his followers response to this movie. I thought the movie was great. My bro mo kicked infidel ass and got himself some tail. That's the Muhammad I know and love.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
This again? *sigh* Muslims should just ignore it.......and so should anyone else. Why let someone's opinion bother you to such a degree. That said....I really don't get why it's so important to post one's intolerance either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

You seem unuasually quick to anger.

I think that Muhammad was a terrible person and I have no interest in watching a film about people worshipping him. If you want to worship him than go ahead.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TopTierHustler

The movie is badly acted and extreamely low budget. People should have just ingored it. And are Muslims being over aggressive? Well obviosly YES! They are rioting and causing huge amounts of damage. They are so upset over a stupid video on Youtube.

They need to grow some balls and stop being over sensitive pvssies. I see dumb videos on Youtube all the time, some of them have offensive content, you know what I do? I just ignore it and move on.

Also they can't take it down, that would violate freedom of speech. I support Youtube for standing up to the Muslims. Many other companies pvssied out in the past over similar issues (like Sony), but glad to see Youtube has a backbone.

Muslims are just going to have to deal with it. The video will be there forever, you can't stop the internet.

ShadowMoses900

What did sony do?

Avatar image for NoSpeakyEnglish
NoSpeakyEnglish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NoSpeakyEnglish
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

ScorpionTroll
I just watched a few videos of his and my favorite quote would have to be "people who hate Islam aren't Islamophobic, they're Islamo-realistic". What a joke.
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TopTierHustler

[QUOTE="toast_burner"]

grow up and stop worshipping a pedophile.