What do you think of the Gangnam style craze?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -

Sorry if there was already a thread for this. If there is, i didn't see it.

But really, what do you think of the current gangnam style craze?

It's popularity is literally like another My little pony. EVERYTHING is getting used to parody it.

For me, the song itself is actually kinda fun, in the "Ding Dong Song" kinda way, while the video was fun at first but seeing it everywhere it's getting tired.

What's your take on it?

#2 Posted by lensflare15 (6182 posts) -

I haven't seen it yet...

#3 Posted by -Fromage- (10529 posts) -
I'm still not entirely sure what it is.
#4 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -

I'm still not entirely sure what it is.-Fromage-
The video/song or the obssesion with it?

If it's the first, it's just a song in korean(i think) in which the guy goes "HEEEEEY SEXY LADY!", accompanied by a video in which the guy does some ridiculous dance moves, apart from other things like fawning over a random girl's ass.

#5 Posted by johnd13 (8220 posts) -

Sorry if there was already a thread for this. If there is, i didn't see it.

But really, what do you think of the current gangnam style craze?

It's popularity is literally like another My little pony. EVERYTHING is getting used to parody it.

For me, the song itself is actually kinda fun, in the "Ding Dong Song" kinda way, while the video was fun at first but seeing it everywhere it's getting tired.

What's your take on it?

cfstar

At first I hated it as it was so... ridiculous. But after watching some vids I' ve started to find it funny (and still ridiculous) and some japanese girls dancing it are so cute ;).

#6 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

It's silly.

#7 Posted by EatShanna (875 posts) -
I was amused at first but now it's annoying.
#8 Posted by lonewolf604 (8526 posts) -
I see people talking about it on the my facebook but have no idea what it is. Its the same for other fads, I have no idea what it is until way later. Like Rebecca Black for example, I had no idea what the hell this friday crap was until a friend showed me.
#9 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -
I see people talking about it on the my facebook but have no idea what it is. Its the same for other fads, I have no idea what it is until way later. Like Rebecca Black for example, I had no idea what the hell this friday crap was until a friend showed me. lonewolf604
It's right here
#10 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

I don't get it.

#11 Posted by lonewolf604 (8526 posts) -
[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]I see people talking about it on the my facebook but have no idea what it is. Its the same for other fads, I have no idea what it is until way later. Like Rebecca Black for example, I had no idea what the hell this friday crap was until a friend showed me. cfstar
It's right here

closed it in 5 seconds, don't like that type of music
#12 Posted by johnd13 (8220 posts) -

[QUOTE="cfstar"][QUOTE="lonewolf604"]I see people talking about it on the my facebook but have no idea what it is. Its the same for other fads, I have no idea what it is until way later. Like Rebecca Black for example, I had no idea what the hell this friday crap was until a friend showed me. lonewolf604
It's right here

That was my initial reaction when a friend of mine posted it on skype. You' ll eventually watch many of these videos believe me.

#13 Posted by johnd13 (8220 posts) -

Especially that certain move they do with their hands is so hilarious!

#14 Posted by GazaAli (22974 posts) -
I wish I was Korean, these people are living in some kind of a fantasy its like they are not HERE anymore. Along with Japan of course.
#15 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -
[QUOTE="cfstar"][QUOTE="lonewolf604"]I see people talking about it on the my facebook but have no idea what it is. Its the same for other fads, I have no idea what it is until way later. Like Rebecca Black for example, I had no idea what the hell this friday crap was until a friend showed me. lonewolf604
It's right here

You don't even have to listen to the music lol, it's all about the video.
#16 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
It's a good song to play Halo: Reach Firefight to.
#17 Posted by IdioticIcarus (2242 posts) -

I quite enjoy it.

#18 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

I thought it was amusing at first but people have killed it at this point

#19 Posted by markop2003 (29917 posts) -
It's a shame Itaewon Freedom didn't get the same attention.
I wish I was Korean, these people are living in some kind of a fantasy its like they are not HERE anymore. Along with Japan of course.GazaAli
From what I've read and watched from Korean expat bloggers K-Pop is in it's own world. It doesn't really follow Korean standards ie the revealing clothing would not go down well, showing any cleavage is a big no-no in Korea.
#20 Posted by dragonfly110 (27071 posts) -

I actually find the song quite catchy so I honestly don't mind that much.

#21 Posted by xWoW_Rougex (2765 posts) -

Cool song but the video is so awesome so I don't mind it. The guy in the elevator is possibly one of the best things my eyes have ever witnessed.

#22 Posted by Chicken453 (2038 posts) -
It's awesome. But you've just got to have a sense of humor and not be a killjoy.
#23 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
It's alright I hate that sort of club pop bubblegum music it irritates me but I guess the video gave it an awesome novelty vibe so I can withstand it when it's on or in a club.
#24 Posted by SteverXIII (3829 posts) -
It needs to die, soon
#25 Posted by JML897 (33125 posts) -
I like the song and video but the craze is getting a bit over the top
#26 Posted by Postmortem123 (7704 posts) -

It's pretty annoying, and so are the people who listen to it.

#27 Posted by Slow_Show (2153 posts) -

It's an enjoyable meme that will be completely overused/referenced/what have you, just like every other meme that manages to attract a bit of popularity? I look forward to Billy Crystal referencing it in the opening monologue of the 2015 Oscars.

#28 Posted by toast_burner (21751 posts) -

Outside of the ocassional GIF, I haven't seen much of it.

#29 Posted by firefluff3 (2073 posts) -

it's great, something to actually join in on instead of just laughing at. I went to eurogamer and Intel done a dance-off with it... i'm not entirely sure why.

#30 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -
Just another worthless piece of crappy pop music
#31 Posted by PinkiePirate (2087 posts) -

I love it.

#32 Posted by -Toshy- (1353 posts) -
I like the song and video but the craze is getting a bit over the top JML897
My thoughts as well.
#33 Posted by VanHelsingBoA64 (5455 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

#34 Posted by Overlord93 (12602 posts) -

It's an okay-ish song with an okay-ish tune which people are obsessing over because the guy says things they don't understand and the video is somewhat random.

#35 Posted by Sajo7 (14049 posts) -
I still find it amusing.
#36 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -
Its old already :/
#37 Posted by Tylendal (14680 posts) -
There's no craze or anything. It's just a popular, funny song and video.
#38 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M

VanHelsingBoA64
Umm, not sure what was the point of that... :I
#39 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

Its awful.

#40 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -
It's a funny video, but as someone who doesn't really like much out rock, I don't like the music.
#41 Posted by Bloodseeker23 (8338 posts) -
It's pretty fun doing it when you fool around with friends.
#42 Posted by aaronmullan (33406 posts) -
I'm pretty ignorant to it all actually. I know what the dance is like, but that's about it.
#43 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

I actually find the song quite catchy so I honestly don't mind that much.

dragonfly110

I second this

#44 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

The song is pretty good (though I don't understand it) and the video is pretty beast. It's fun.

#45 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
The little kid is adorable.
#46 Posted by blangenakker (2389 posts) -
I don't mind it, but when I first heard it, i thought it was gundam style, i was disapointed
#47 Posted by champion837 (1447 posts) -

The little kid is adorable.tagyhag

:lol: He is :shock: :P :cool:

#48 Posted by KiIIyou (27146 posts) -
I don't wanna think about it.
#49 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -
I don't mind it, but when I first heard it, i thought it was gundam style, i was disapointedblangenakker
lmao
#50 Posted by nintendofreak_2 (25896 posts) -

I'm really confused as to how it got so popular so quickly. The song is kind of catchy, but I was really surprised to see so many parody videos of it before I even knew about the original, considering how much I lurk. >_____>