What do you think is the most famous line from a rap song that...

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GreySeal9 (25618 posts) -

...is not a part of a chorus or hook.

Just to clarify, I'm not asking for your favorite. I'm asking which one do you think is the most famous.

I'd say this Tupac line from Hail Mary is the most famous:

I ain't a killer but don't push me. Revenge is the sweetest joy next to getting pvssy.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by Ace6301 (21389 posts) -
"My, my, my music hits me so hard Makes me say "Oh, my Lord" Thank you for blessing me With a mind to rhyme and two hype feet" Alternatively "I like big butts and I can not lie"
#3 Posted by GreySeal9 (25618 posts) -

"My, my, my music hits me so hard Makes me say "Oh, my Lord" Thank you for blessing me With a mind to rhyme and two hype feet" Alternatively "I like big butts and I can not lie"Ace6301

I think you might have won the thread.

Baby Got Back is such a fluffy and poppy rap song (I actually consider it more of a pop song than anything) that I didn't even think of it when I thought about this question.

#4 Posted by lonewolf604 (8558 posts) -
Any line in Lose Yourself
#5 Posted by LongZhiZi (2453 posts) -
"Come bust a move where the games are played, it's chill, it's fresh, it's Noah's Arcade. " :P I don't listen to rap, so that's the best I could contribute.
#6 Posted by gamertylers (1969 posts) -
I don't know if you would consider this a rap song, but this line if probably one of the most memorable for many people. "I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air"
#7 Posted by GreySeal9 (25618 posts) -

I don't know if you would consider this a rap song, but this line if probably one of the most memorable for many people. "I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air" gamertylers

Yeah, it's a rap song, but it's from an extremely famous sitcom, so that's kinda cheating. :P

#8 Posted by Victorious_Fize (6122 posts) -
cliche but: "Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know. that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily"
#9 Posted by Victorious_Fize (6122 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamertylers"]I don't know if you would consider this a rap song, but this line if probably one of the most memorable for many people. "I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air" GreySeal9

Yeah, it's a rap song, but it's from an extremely famous sitcom, so that's kinda cheating. :P

That's not the only famous line spoken by the fresh prince of Bel Air. "Help out your mom and dad by getting a job, so you can help pay for schooool supplies!"
#10 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -
"B¡tch, Please" - 'B¡tch Please II', Eminem.
#11 Posted by Hakumen21 (359 posts) -
Lil Wayne or Lil B. Lil Wayne: EGOYAGYNFWEJKRNHFDKJNSKJAWDNKALFEJNEFW E~ Lil B: b*tches suck my d*ck beep beep beep d*ck *b*ttches*
#12 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

[QUOTE="gamertylers"]I don't know if you would consider this a rap song, but this line if probably one of the most memorable for many people. "I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air" GreySeal9

not really, you asked for the most famous and received a valid reply. also, it wins the thread.

"'yo homes smell you later'"

#13 Posted by GreySeal9 (25618 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="gamertylers"]I don't know if you would consider this a rap song, but this line if probably one of the most memorable for many people. "I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel Air" SirWander

not really, you asked for the most famous and received a valid reply. also, it wins the thread.

"'yo homes smell you later'"

To be clear, my accusation of cheating was tongue-in-cheek.

#14 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

"Broken glass everywhere people pissing on the stairs you know they just don't care."

#15 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

GreySeal9

I saw your :P

I was aware of the intent, I was just joining the merriment

#16 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

"Broken glass everywhere people pissing on the stairs you know they just don't care."

True_Chaos_UK

"I can't take the smell, can't take the noise. got no money to move out, I guess I got no choice"

also, mad respect for you brah

#17 Posted by GreySeal9 (25618 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

SirWander

I saw your :P

I was aware of the intent, I was just joining the merriment

Yeah, I suspected that since you quoted the smell you later line. :P I just didn't want the guy I quoted to think I was saying his contribution wasn't legit.

#18 Posted by LLYNCES (378 posts) -

"My dream has been life long
And tho' the finish line is still outta sight within my plight I fight on"

Not famous, but one of my favourites because it signfy's not giving up. Song here

#19 Posted by BPoole96 (22815 posts) -
Mo money mo problems
#20 Posted by svengalis (54 posts) -
Mo money mo problemsBPoole96
I think this is probably the most famous one but the one I remember the most is "I'd rather die like a man then to live like a coward." Tupac - Only god can judge me.
#21 Posted by comp_atkins (32176 posts) -
"today i didn't even have to use my a.k., i gotta say it was a good day"
#22 Posted by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -
All right stop, Collaborate and listen Ice is back with my brand new invention
#23 Posted by Aljosa23 (26236 posts) -

Your crew is featherweight, my gunshots'll make you levitate

#24 Posted by comp_atkins (32176 posts) -
"bury me smilin' with g's in my pocket, have a party at my funeral let every rapper rock it"
#26 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -

It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up magazine
What she order? Fish Filet

#27 Posted by Silverbond (16121 posts) -

Any Eminem song because he is the only good rapper that talks about stuff that matters

#28 Posted by Bucked20 (6651 posts) -

"We don't believe u,u need more people" Hov

"Damn homie in high school u was da man homie wut da f*ck happen to u" 50

"Who shot ya seperate the weak from the obsolete hard to creep dem brooklyn streets" biggie

#29 Posted by Blueresident87 (5345 posts) -
  • Aesop RockHoly Smokes:"Cannot pay your bills with holy water and hail mary luck."
  • Aesop RockDaylight:"And Im sleeping now (Wow!) And the settlers laugh
    You wont be laughing when your covered wagons crash
    You wont be laughing when the buses drag your brothers flags into rags
    You wont be laughing when your front lawn is spangled with epitaphs
    You wont be laughing!"
#30 Posted by DaJuicyMan (3531 posts) -

"We got money for wars but cant feed the poor"

I see that on tshirts n stuff..

"Bass, how low can you go"

#31 Posted by GamingVengeance (1874 posts) -

Any Eminem song because he is the only good rapper that talks about stuff that matters

Silverbond
not true in the slightest
#32 Posted by kittensRjerks (3802 posts) -

Rapper's Delight - Sugarhill Gang

' i said a hip hop the hippie the hippie
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat '

#33 Posted by GreySeal9 (25618 posts) -

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

GamingVengeance

not true in the slightest

I'm pretty sure he's mocking the ignorant/racist people who say that.

#34 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6218 posts) -

"I'm on a boat!"

"Damn it feels good to be a gangsta"

"Now I aint sayin she's a gold digger..."

"My mind is playing tricks on me."

"I left my wallet in El Segundo"

#35 Posted by AFBrat77 (24330 posts) -

"I like big butts and I can not lie"Ace6301

BINGO!

but I thought at one time in the song he says "I like big butts and I like them wide", if he did that would even be funnier.

#36 Posted by MrPraline (21331 posts) -
It was all a dream, I used to read Word Up magazineJML897
time to get paid blow up like the world trade ; D lol @ the subsequent censoring of that line after 2001
We don't believe u,u need more people" HovBucked20
Good point, this is definitely one of them.
#37 Posted by Ricardomz (2715 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Mockingbird from Eminem is more famous.

#38 Posted by MetalDogGear (825 posts) -
Concrete Jungle wet dream tomato Shake yer' ass like a donkey with parkinson's Gave bruce wayne a valium Sit your ass down son I'm ready for combat man, get it calm batman?
#39 Posted by Yusuke420 (2770 posts) -

"Can't sleep we livin in hell, give us the work then throw us in jail" -Soul Survivor from Young Jeezy

"I got b!tches in the livin room gettin it on and they ain't leavin til 6 in the morn" -Gin and Juice from Snoop Dogg

#40 Posted by Bucked20 (6651 posts) -
Em fans saying em but not naming one famous line,I'll help you fools "I got a lion in my pocket Im lyin I got a 9 in my pocket and baby Im just dying to cock it"Em "And people say that Im a kid still cause the lil n***a stll ride on big wheels"Wayne "You claim to be a player but I f*cked your wife"Tupac "I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these mockeries"Inspectah Deck GOAT song and video
#41 Posted by MetalDogGear (825 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bucked20"]Em fans saying em but not naming one famous line,I'll help you fools "I got a lion in my pocket Im lyin I got a 9 in my pocket and baby Im just dying to cock it"Em "And people say that Im a kid still cause the lil n***a stll ride on big wheels"Wayne "You claim to be a player but I f*cked your wife"Tupac "I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypothesis can't define how I be droppin these mockeries"Inspectah Deck GOAT song and video

That last line was dope as ****
#42 Posted by OB-47 (10909 posts) -

You just like that line because of the hologram:P

It would have to be "I like big butts and I cannot lie"

Not really that famous, but probably DOOM's most iconic line and how it influenced all his major fans to type it in a certain way

"Just remember ALL CAPS when you spell the man's name"

#43 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6879 posts) -
"Girl you look so good I'd suck on your daddy's dick." - Biggie
#44 Posted by Yusuke420 (2770 posts) -

"Girl you look so good I'd suck on your daddy's dick." - BiggieShottayouth13-
lmao

#45 Posted by SirWander (5176 posts) -

Concrete Jungle wet dream tomato MetalDogGear

:lol:

#46 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Amost any verse lyric from Grandmaster Flash's 'The Message'.

Masterpiece.

'Neon King Kong standin' on my back
Can't stop to turn around, broke my sacrophiliac
A mid-rangedmigraine, cancered membrane
Sometimes I think I'm going insane, I swear I might hijack a plane'

#47 Posted by CreatureRising (1533 posts) -

Any line in Lose Yourselflonewolf604

This. But specifically "Success if my only mother****in option, failures not."

#48 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1414 posts) -

"Girl you look so good I'd suck on your daddy's dick." - BiggieShottayouth13-
lol yea it's a Richard Prior reference but if your not aware of the original reference as most aren't it does sound weird. Personally I think either "it was all a dream, I used to read word up magazine, salt n peppa heavy d up in the limosine" - Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy is more well known by knowledgable hip hop fans, otherwise pop culture probably knows more of "music hits me so hard, makes me say oh my lord" by MC Hammer - Can't touch this.

#50 Posted by GreySeal9 (25618 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Mockingbird from Eminem is more famous.

Ricardomz

I'm pretty sure Mockingbird is not a rap line. It's a rap song. The object of the thread is to name the most famous rap line.