What do you think about Kevin Costner?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by whipassmt (14942 posts) -

I saw on tv he just won some kind of award for the "Hatfield and McCoys" series on the History Channel that originally ran around Memorial Day (I taped that series and watched it).

So what do you guys think of him? Have any of you seen "Dances with Wolves", I just put it on my netflix qeue, is it any good?

#2 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

Dances with Wolves is really good. It's basically the movie Avatar ripped off.

#3 Posted by one_plum (6366 posts) -

I haven't seen any of his movies and I don't even know how he looks, but I read about all the infamy surrounding the production of Waterworld.

#4 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -
I'm not a fan.
#5 Posted by Stinger78 (5831 posts) -
Dances with Wolves is one of the few Western movies I'll watch. I also really liked Field of Dreams, and the Robin Hood he played in.
#6 Posted by whipassmt (14942 posts) -

He was actually in my hometown once years ago, maybe even decades ago, he had a relative who was graduating from the college in my town. While in my town he was at a park he happened to witness a fight at the park.

#7 Posted by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -
Not really a fan. Also I'm a bit irritated that he beat Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock for that Golden Globe.
#8 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28382 posts) -

I'm not a fan. JML897

Not really a fan. Also I'm a bit irritated that he beat Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock for that Golden Globe. Commander-Gree

#9 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]I'm not a fan. sammyjenkis898

Not really a fan. Also I'm a bit irritated that he beat Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock for that Golden Globe. Commander-Gree

I wish there was a Golden Globes thread tonight because I wanted to see your reaction to the TV comedy categories

#10 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I think Kevin Costner is a pretty good actor, Dances with Wolves is pretty good as well but I thought it was a little misleading, it's really the story about a white guy and not a native american (not that it bothers me either way). I just think Native Americans are often misrepresented in films and I would like to see a movie from their perspective.

But Hollywood doesn't really care about that.

#11 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20916 posts) -
Man. What can I say? Postman is what I drop into the toilet everyday.
#12 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7660 posts) -

Waterworld.

#13 Posted by soulless4now (41382 posts) -

I liked him in The Bodyguard.

Haven't seen Dances With Wolves yet, but I've been wanting to check it out for a good while.

#14 Posted by DharmaMember77 (2377 posts) -

Overall I find him pretty bland but he doesn't prevent me from enjoying a movie such as The Untouchables.

#15 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28382 posts) -

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="Commander-Gree"]Not really a fan. Also I'm a bit irritated that he beat Benedict Cumberbatch from Sherlock for that Golden Globe. JML897

I wish there was a Golden Globes thread tonight because I wanted to see your reaction to the TV comedy categories

tumblr_mglfa4LDQs1qceeyno1_500.png

tumblr_mgligrmcgh1qfs1bfo1_500.png

These moments killed me. The second picture is making me crack up right now.

#16 Posted by Commander-Gree (4929 posts) -
Tommy Lee Jones face during that cutaway made me fall out of my chair
#17 Posted by -Fromage- (10537 posts) -
I remember growing up we owned the VHS tape of Dances with Wolves and my Dad always joked it was 5 hours long, so I've never seen it because I expect it to be long and boring. I do like Open Range though.
#18 Posted by sukraj (24408 posts) -

I'm not a fan.

#19 Posted by whipassmt (14942 posts) -

I liked him in The Bodyguard.

Haven't seen Dances With Wolves yet, but I've been wanting to check it out for a good while.

soulless4now

I also put the Bodyguard on my Netflix qeue. I didn't know Costner was in the movie until my mom told me yesterday, I think I have the Whitney Houston soundtrack to the Bodyguard in my house on cassette (or maybe on CD).

#20 Posted by nunovlopes (2634 posts) -

Dances with Wolves is really good. It's basically the movie Avatar ripped off.

jim_shorts

WTF?Dances with Wolves is pretty much the Poncahontas story. Avatar is NOT a ripoff ofDances with Wolves. They're based on the same idea, that's all.

#21 Posted by johnd13 (8588 posts) -

For some odd reason I find him boring.