What do you shave with?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

Poll What do you shave with? (45 votes)

Disposable razor 13%
Cartridge razor 20%
Double edge safety razor 20%
Straight razor 2%
I don't shave, I groom. it's beard trimmers for me. 16%
Shave...trim...what are these things you speak of? My beard is free to grow however it wants. 13%
Other (please specify) 16%

Since I managed to derail a thread about beards into a conversation about shaving methods (sorry @indzman!) I decided to start my own thread)

So what type of razor do you use to shave? Also, what other things do you use? Do you grab a bar of soap, rub it on your face and get shaving or do you have 10 products for the pre-shave and another 10 for after shave? What's your routine?

I shave every day after the shower. For almost 20 years I've used cartridge razors (Mach 3 mostly, Fusion for about a year) but the results were never great, so a couple months ago I decided to switch to safety razors (got me an Edwin Jagger de89) and I couldn't be happier with my "baby bottom smooth" shave. It actually turned shaving from something of a nightmare into my personal enjoyable "me time" every morning.

I shave with the grain, then sideways (both directions) and finally against the grain for the perfect smoothness (my face couldn't stand doing it before I tried the safety razor).

I'm thinking about going all out in the pampering and get me a fancy badger fur brush, nice scented lather for shaving and a fancy aftershave as well (right now I'm still going through my old supplies of shaving gel and crappy aftershave).

Any other safety razor fans out there? (I know there's at least one more here...@AmazonTreeBoa)

• 
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Well TC, I am leaving this site and don't see me returning. You are welcome to add me on Steam, PS3, or 3DS if you wish. Enjoy your safety razor and have fun trying new soaps and blades. I was going to make a thread saying I was leaving, but it's just not worth it seeing most here I couldn't stand anyways. My gamertags for everything is in my sig.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#102 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa: Aw man, that sucks. Before you go, drop me a PM so we can talk about it?