What do you miss most about the 90's?

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BlackGenjii (225 posts) -

For me it's many things, the games, music, gaming consoles, toys, comic books (they were not anything great, but still a lot better than todays comics) the way summer felt back then, same with the winters, etc.

What are some of the reasons why YOU miss the 90's?

#2 Posted by outworld222 (2411 posts) -

@BlackGenjii: I miss the show Iove the 90s. + lack of wars meant less stress and more of a carefree lifestyle.

Oh and Goldeneye 007. Now those were the days.

#3 Posted by Stranger_36 (473 posts) -

The feeling of being a young, carefree kid.

A lot of great shows like Rugrats, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Rocko's Modern Life, etc.

The video games.

It all seemed great. I think that's one reason I love listening to 90's pop music so much. I kind of get the same good feeling I had listening to the same songs growing up, if that makes any sense.

#4 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (763 posts) -

Television. Power Rangers, Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys, Ninja Turtles (Both cartoon and live action tv show), you get the point lol.

#5 Posted by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

my youth, i want to be young again, being old is boring.

#6 Posted by Celldrax (14565 posts) -

A lot of great shows like Rugrats, Are You Afraid Of The Dark, Rocko's Modern Life, etc.

The video games.

It all seemed great. I think that's one reason I love listening to 90's pop music so much. I kind of get the same good feeling I had listening to the same songs growing up, if that makes any sense.

All of this.

Except for me, it was the general 50's - 70's music (which my parents had plenty of) and 80's MJ pop.

#7 Edited by BlackGenjii (225 posts) -

The video games.

It totally makes sense man, and about being a carefree kid, I'm right there with ya.

#8 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28039 posts) -

I wouldn't say I miss these things. Just miss that time.

Dat nostalgia.

#9 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (857 posts) -
#10 Edited by BlackGenjii (225 posts) -

@outworld222 said:

@BlackGenjii: Goldeneye 007. Now those were the days.

GoldenEye 007, I agree... those were the days.

#11 Edited by BlackGenjii (225 posts) -
#12 Edited by LittleMac19 (1638 posts) -

I just haven't found anything like them.

#13 Posted by BlackGenjii (225 posts) -

I just haven't found anything like them.

Thanks for posting the image, it brings back a lot of memories.

#14 Posted by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

@BlackGenjii: lack of wars meant less stress

I don't think there is any period in time where this sentence is true. Lack of wars? Really? More like you were oblivious to them.

#15 Posted by theone86 (20555 posts) -

The lack of people pining for the 90's.

#16 Edited by br0kenrabbit (12826 posts) -

I miss ¢79-a-gallon gas.

Could get my friends together and we'd all throw pocket change in the tank and go anywhere we wanted.

#17 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -

The music, great Cowboys NFL teams, NBA, sports becketts, sports card collecting, Goosebumps books & Mighty Max toys.

#18 Posted by outworld222 (2411 posts) -

@zaraxius said:

@outworld222 said:

I don't think there is any period in time where this sentence is true. Lack of wars? Really? More like you were oblivious to them.

OK. Let's compare....Iraq Afghanistan, the revolutions in Libya, Tunis, Egypt, the war in Syria and yemen, all culminating after 9/11

90s....Kosovo, uum black hawk down??? But yes, if you wanna talk about wars in the world, well yes, there were plenty. In Rewanda there was a war, + many other flare ups and instances....such as Kenya and Tenzania.

#19 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

I missed the cartoons on Nick, compared to the garbage they have now, the movies, and the music. It was definitely an awesome time to grow up in. The games were awesome too, I miss the gaming magazines as well they were a lot different than gaming journalism we have today.

#20 Posted by one_plum (6348 posts) -

Goosebumps, Spider-Man TAS, a younger Jackie Chan

Arcade machines, the golden age of fighting games, the feeling of receiving a video game from my parents because I couldn't afford one

The fall of the Berlin Wall, pre-economic boom China (solely due to nostalgia), pre 9/11 laid-back attitude, Kowloon Walled City

Toyota Supra and MR2, old public buses

The Montreal Forum, The Maple Leaf Gardens, the Nordiques, the Expos

90's rock

#21 Posted by konvikt_17 (22170 posts) -

actually wanting to wake up hella early on the weekends to catch the good tv shows

#22 Posted by lamprey263 (23194 posts) -

that sense the future was limitless

#23 Edited by themajormayor (25700 posts) -

The 90's sucked balls

#24 Posted by Storm_Marine (10777 posts) -

Eurodance, good Final Fantasy games and JRPGs, Nintendo being good.

In hindsight that is, I was too young to properly experience the decade.

#25 Edited by BlackGenjii (225 posts) -

I missed the cartoons on Nick, compared to the garbage they have now, the movies, and the music. It was definitely an awesome time to grow up in. The games were awesome too, I miss the gaming magazines as well they were a lot different than gaming journalism we have today.

I'm right there with you bro, I am right there with ya.

#26 Edited by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

My childhood and the amazing music. Also back when Nickelodeon had great show after great show.

#27 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29107 posts) -

The cartoons were pretty great.

#28 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23821 posts) -

The cartoons, the music, video games, Butterfinger BBs, the old Fries from Wendy's and Long John's Silvers, to name a few...

#29 Edited by Storm_Marine (10777 posts) -

@zaraxius said:

@outworld222 said:

OK. Let's compare....Iraq Afghanistan, the revolutions in Libya, Tunis, Egypt, the war in Syria and yemen, all culminating after 9/11

Ironically, Desert Storm in Iraq was in the 90s and Afghanistan had a couple civil wars then too. There was a civil war in Yemen in the 90s as well.

#30 Edited by outworld222 (2411 posts) -

@outworld222 said:

@zaraxius said:

@outworld222 said:

Ironically, Desert Storm in Iraq was in the 90s and Afghanistan had a couple civil wars then too. There was a civil war in Yemen in the 90s as well.

Indeed. Helps to know history doesn't it??

#31 Edited by Shmiity (5040 posts) -

Nothing. How can you miss dial-up? Faxing? Radiohead? Shitty fashion?

I miss Nintendo having a good console. That might be it.

#33 Posted by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

This. I will keep contending that my life peaked in 3rd grade until proven otherwise.

#34 Edited by Iszdope (9678 posts) -

LSD.

#35 Edited by br0kenrabbit (12826 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

LSD.

That missile silo bust fucked that all up. But yeah, that 90's acid...wow.

#36 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6754 posts) -

Not having responsibilities.

#37 Edited by plageus900 (996 posts) -

The music.

It's the bow to the wow, creepin' and crawlin', yiggy yes y'allin', snoop doggy doggin'

#38 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13998 posts) -

When going to the theaters was so cheap.

Gangsta rap

No responsibilities

Gameboy

#39 Posted by ad1x2 (5511 posts) -

I was in middle and high school in the 90s and I enlisted near the end of 1998. So I can't really say I miss it that much. Most of my favorite shows from the 90s are on Netflix, Hulu, and/or Amazon Instant Video and I own most of my favorite games from that era (Super Metroid, Final Fantasy 6, etc.) on other media. I also still have the Super Nintendo I got for Christmas in 1993 sitting in my closet and after 20 years the color has changed a little. I also have a Ghosts in the Shell sticker on the back of it.

The only thing I probably miss was not having responsibility. As a teen I had no bills or job. But at the same time food stamps were what put food on the table for me back then, so it wasn't like I had a lot of money to spend until I got on my own. Back then I may only get two or three games a year. Now, I have most of the things I want, I buy games I want when they first come out, and I can use my phone to look up things it would take hours to find in a library when I was in school.

#40 Edited by Master_Live (14195 posts) -

There you go. (Click for better resolution).

#41 Edited by The-Apostle (12173 posts) -

Surprised nobody mentioned this yet.

Also, Chris Farley, Mad TV, X-Files, Sliders, X-Men, Spiderman, etc...

#42 Edited by Iszdope (9678 posts) -

Bundy! Bundy! Bundy!

#43 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

The music :D

#44 Edited by sukraj (22161 posts) -

music

#45 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

I miss the good ol' 90s...so take me back to the time when I was a kid watching lots of legendary cartoons,playing a Plug&Play,eating some now-rare snacks while listening to the music as well. O! Speaking of that, Boybands back then were made of talent and well-organized compared to the ones we know today,I can some one comparison...Boyzone or Blue is +9000 times >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1D. Harlem Shaking wasn't a popular culture at that time,instead we have rap and hiphop to keep us moving the body

#46 Edited by bowchicka07 (1073 posts) -

The music mostly. I was really into the grunge/alternative scene. Layne Staley and Bradley Nowell were my heros. The music kind of took a backseat once the pop and hip hop scene contaminated our ears.

My bands included Alice in Chains, Primus, Pearl Jam, Mad Season, The Screaming Trees, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Rage Against the Machine, The Pixies, Sublime, SIlverchair, Tool, Korn,

RHCP, Nine Inch Nails, Bush, Black Crowes, just to name a few.

The Seattle movement was something else.

I also miss the anime and SNL.

I miss music television before it turned into reality TV and hip hop garbage such as MTV, Fuse and VH1.

#47 Edited by jasean79 (2357 posts) -

Columbia House and BMG Music subscriptions. 12 CD's for $.01!! They need to bring that back.

Not sure if it was 90's or early 2000's, but I miss Oreo O's cereal too.

#48 Posted by Flubbbs (2974 posts) -

i miss everything about it

#49 Posted by l34052 (3124 posts) -

I miss the days of no kids, mortgage, and the associated costs with both.

Dont get me wrong i love my kids dearly but they cost a fortune even with both of us working to pay the bills and keep a roof above us.

#50 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

The music mostly. I was really into the grunge/alternative scene. Layne Staley and Bradley Nowell were my heros. The music kind of took a backseat once the pop and hip hop scene contaminated our ears.

My bands included Alice in Chains, Primus, Pearl Jam, Mad Season, The Screaming Trees, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Rage Against the Machine, The Pixies, Sublime, SIlverchair, Tool, Korn,

RHCP, Nine Inch Nails, Bush, Black Crowes, just to name a few.

The Seattle movement was something else.

I also miss the anime and SNL.

I miss music television before it turned into reality TV and hip hop garbage such as MTV, Fuse and VH1.

Hell yes to the bands in bold.