What do you guys do with old clothes?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DrPickle (331 posts) -

Ok so I have a wardrobe full of old clothes that i've either, out grown their style, or they are too small and no longer fit me.

The thing is there is too many of them and I don't know what to do with them.

What do you people do?

#2 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

Throw them out if they don't fit you or not wear them anymore or better give them to poor people.

#3 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

I usually donate the clothes that don't fit anymore or use worn out clothes at the gym.

#4 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
Donate them to some poor people =D
#5 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

Donate them to the needy

#6 Posted by junglist101 (5457 posts) -

Use them as j!zz rags...

or donate them:P In my area they have these bins you can drop them off in and sometimes they leave a plastic bag on the front porch to be filled and picked up later. Salvation Army is a good option if you don't have those other things.

#7 Posted by Pffrbt (6478 posts) -

I put them in the fireplace in the winter when it gets too cold.

#8 Posted by Litchie (16212 posts) -
I donate them. I like how that's not an option, like some kind of douche made the poll.
#9 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
Donate them.
#10 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -
And the winning option is the only one NOT in the poll haha =P
#11 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

It all depends on the condition of the clothes. If they are all holey and stained, they go into the trash, if they are in decent shape, I take them to the second hand store.

And yes, donating them should have been a poll option.

#12 Posted by michaelP4 (16680 posts) -
Give them to your local charity shop. I can't stand throwing out something that others could use.
#13 Posted by Detroit222 (5279 posts) -

I clean them, keep the rags for rags (can always use good rags for cleaning - old tshirts are great for washing and wipping down the car). Turn the good ones in to the Salvation Army or Purple Heart (they will pick up). You do a good deed and can write off the contribution when tax time comes.

#14 Posted by Lord_Terrapin (45 posts) -
I usually donate the clothes that I do not wear no more.
#15 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

I donate them, and why is this not an option in the poll?

#16 Posted by chilly-chill (8902 posts) -

Donate them. No need to throw them away if people going through struggles can use them.

Edit: Donation isn't in the poll? Step your life game up Dr.Pickle.

#17 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Donate them to charity.

#18 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -
Mostly donate. If there's a shirt I just can't let go of for some reason, I throw it in a box in the garage.
#20 Posted by BossPerson (9432 posts) -

Donate them to charity.

Pirate700
#21 Posted by codymcclain14 (6017 posts) -
I burn them infront of homeless people...
#22 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

If they still look nice then I donate them or give them to my little sister. If they have holes and weird stains in them, I throw them away.

#23 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15887 posts) -

Put em in a big box. Then, the wife sends them to the Philippines to be redistributed among her poorer relatives. That goes for many things: old laptops and PCs, old camcorders and other electronics, etc

#24 Posted by kerrman (2904 posts) -

Way to have a "Give them to Charity" option.

#25 Posted by johnd13 (7920 posts) -

I give them to my cousin so it' s a kind of donation I guess :P

#26 Posted by SouL-Tak3R (4024 posts) -

No option for donation?

#27 Posted by Diablo-B (4023 posts) -
Most of my old clothes still fit so I wear them until they disintegrate into dust. The other day I wore a dress shirt to work that I had since I was 10.
#28 Posted by SilentFireX (1951 posts) -
None of the above. I donate them.
#29 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
Throw them away or use them as rags. I'm cheap like that.
#30 Posted by NiKva (8768 posts) -
Sell them on eBay.
#31 Posted by slamminjammin69 (1599 posts) -

I still have old tshirts that I've had since 2000. I also still have an old black tshirt of Lord of the Rings since 2002 and it still fits.

#32 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I just give em away.
#33 Posted by TrainerCeleste (1774 posts) -
Donate them! :) Things that no longer fit me are a perfect fit for someone who needs them. I try to take care of my things as well so I hope they can actually use it when they get it ^^
#34 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

worn out cloths= trash

cloths that i dislike or outgrown= donate it. goodwell or a church.

#35 Posted by KiIIyou (27135 posts) -
Paste em to my wall.
#36 Posted by michael_1234576 (8620 posts) -
I tie them together to make a rope
#37 Posted by KnightSkull (1698 posts) -

@the people that say they throw out clothes: I don't know if it's the same in the US but here in the UK charities can still get money from those clothes that you throw out. They sell them as rags to companies who can recycle them, so unless something is covered in bleach you can still donate them for the good of mankind (that is if there is any good left).

#38 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58072 posts) -
I eat them.
#39 Posted by Suzy_Q_Kazoo (9901 posts) -

Give them away to charity.

#40 Posted by JohnF111 (14047 posts) -
If they're truly spoilt with paint or just wear then they go in trash or find an alternative use, if they're too small or have shrunk in the wash or I don't them then I get a new home for them. Saves waste and helps people out so it's two for one.
#41 Posted by GamerZem (539 posts) -

Well, I take them to my desk area...

26526633.jpg

#42 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

I give them to any one of my relatives or donate them to the poor.

#43 Posted by XilePrincess (13116 posts) -
If they're in good condition, donate them either to a thrift store or a place where people in need can wear them. If they're not in good clean wearable condition (I sleep in baggy men's tee shirts that eventually get stained or ripped or otherwise not fit for wearing out), they get reused. I cut them into rags, or knot them into toys for the farm dogs and my cat. If they're still in good condition definitely donate them, there are a lot of kids who have completely outgrown their clothes but their parents cannot afford to buy them new ones. Or can afford it, but would rather spend that money on booze and cigarettes or whatever because they're the kind of people who shouldn't have kids. Any clothes are better than clothes that don't fit for underprivileged kids.
#44 Posted by muller39 (14944 posts) -

Give them to good will.

#45 Posted by invisibletearsx (997 posts) -

Donate them. Or throw them out.

#46 Posted by soulless4now (41360 posts) -

Donate them to Good Will. Just went through my drawers and closet this past weekend and I have a bunch of stuff to give away.

#47 Posted by CHOASXIII (14628 posts) -

Some get thrown out and some are given away.

#48 Posted by Dogswithguns (10693 posts) -
Drop them off at Goodwill..
#49 Posted by markop2003 (29917 posts) -
If they don't fit I throw them out if i just don't like the look of them use them as rough or workout clothes.
#50 Posted by The_High_Rule (15 posts) -

Use them as j!zz rags...

or donate them:P .

junglist101
lol