What do you expect from Star Wars Episode 7?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Two400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Two400
Member since 2006 • 2787 Posts

It should be good.

I like that they're using a mixture of real locations and CGI. There will be more practical effects.

The original three characters should play a prominent role, even if they aren't the stars. It's just a guess, but I think Luke Skywalker has separated from his friends and they go find him, and maybe he does something at the end to save the younger crew, like how Yoda saves Obi-Wan and Anakin in Episode 2.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5171 Posts

Stay true to the formula.

Cheesy wipes as transitions, movie starts out in space, have one VILLAIN for entire new trilogy, keep CGI use low, follow the hero's journey story arc.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

After 1, 2, and 3...not a whole hell of a lot. My god did the prequels suck. I've seen better acting on "Under the Dome".

RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Yea, it's great that they're going back to real props and live sets rather than pure CGI. I personally think it'll be a great movie and bring back the Star Wars we all know and love. I also like the fact that they're bringing back the old cast and combining it with a new cast and introduce new characters that will be at the helm of the next trilogy. I'm also glad that JJ Abrams is the director. I'm not a huge fan of him but he's definitely a better director than George Lucas and knows how to deal with the type of art style and atmosphere for this movie. Not to mention, he's a huge fan of the Original trilogy.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@bforrester420: I think and hope this new set of movies are going to be a lot better than those. A mix of new and old.

Avatar image for DrKillByDeath84
DrKillByDeath84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrKillByDeath84
Member since 2011 • 357 Posts

Disappointment.......and lens flare.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I expect it to suck. I don't like Jar Jar Abrams.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59055 Posts

I think Abrams is overrated and fucking hate what he done to star trek but... it will I think these movies will probably, at least, be better than the prequels.

PanPizza15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 PanPizza15
Member since 2006 • 1485 Posts

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

The Novel Aftermath already told us Han and Leia don't have kids. Also why would a former princess and the leader of the New Republic have twins and one of them ends up as a scavenger with no idea who they were?

Rey and Kylo Ren are actually Lukes twins. As a baby the Vader worshipping cult, also in the novel Aftermath, tried to Kidnap the descendants of Vader. They were able to kidnap the boy Kylo but failed in getting Rey as well. Rey was hidden away and became a scavenger for her protection. Luke exiled himself for his failure in protecting his kids (much like Yoda in failing to protect the Jedi) and to protect those he loves.

Pick up with the force awakens, Kylo is now a Vader worshipper with developed Sith skills and he is searching for his sister. Han and Chewie hook up with Rey and Finn and search for Luke while also hiding from Kylo and the First Order.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17669 Posts

I think it will be enjoyable, but not particularly memorable compared to the original trilogy.

I wish they'd restrict themselves to 1983 technology to do sfx shots. Mostly for continuity. Part of the reasons the original models were wonderful was they were restricted in how they could be shot, which made them feel more grounded and plausible.

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

Too bad mr alec guiness died....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178854 Posts

Disappointment. Way too much hype.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#14 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

@Star67 said:

Stay true to the formula.

Cheesy wipes as transitions, movie starts out in space, have one VILLAIN for entire new trilogy, keep CGI use low, follow the hero's journey story arc.

Can't think of anything else to say, although I must admit I'm not hopeful in regards to a lot of this. Still, well put.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Hoping it'll be better than the Prequels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I'm actually looking forward to the movie a whole lot more than I figured I would.

I feel like, at the very least, these new movies will be better than Phantom, Clone and Sith. I get kind of these old-school vibes from the promotional stuff, and I think with a good director and fan like JJ at the helm things stand a chance of living up to the hype.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'm not really sure what to expect. Unlike most here, I found the prequels okay. Nowadays, I tend to watch them more than the originals probably because I got to see what the Corellian home world looked like.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Something entirely new in the Star Wars garb.

Anything else and it would be a disappointment. It's an entirely new chapter in the series with a nearly-entirely new crew behind it. I hope it's nothing like what George Lucas crafted.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Lots and lots of hype which may cause too many expectations for the film. JJ's Star Trek films were great action movies (didn't really stay true to the original Star Trek and did have some major plot holes). By the looks of it, it'll have a reasonable amount of CGI and props, good amount of action, lore, and mystery. Yeah, I think it'll be a great film provided JJ Abrams stays true to the formula but surprises the audience. The last thing I want is another Jurassic World. So much could have been done with that but it was the very epitome of a "safe" film with a generic oversized raptor thing.

The supermassive weapon is getting redundant but you got to raise the stakes somehow, right?

We'll see. December is getting closer.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59055 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto They had a few good sequences. I liked the Emperor in the prequels, he's joyously bad.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for Epicurus-Reborn
Epicurus-Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#22 Epicurus-Reborn
Member since 2009 • 479 Posts

The prequels are so god awful bad its best to not acknowledge their existence. Abrams can make some really cheesy movies but at least he can put a story together and pull out good performances from actors.

I for one am looking forward to a disgusting amount of lens flares. I expect the lens flares to stay consistently explicit and invasive to the story telling throughout the films entirety. Flares with such power they destroy immersion. They must shine so distract full, that all beautiful cinematography is left unappreciated. All other forms of media arts in star wars 7 will cower to the might of Lens Flares and bask in its glow like ungrateful worms. Any less and I will not be satisfied.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#23 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

I expect predictability and disappointment. Can't wait !

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

a whole lotta PEW PEW PEW

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#25 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41552 Posts

Just to be cautiously optimistic, nevermind the trailers making it hard.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#26  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I'm pretty excited for it. I quite enjoyed the 2009 Star Trek movie because it felt very Star Wars- y. I don't think it's going to be better than Empire Strikes Back, but hey, I could be wrong. Either way I'm pretty excited to see it and plan on doing so over my winter holiday.