What do you do for a living?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SaintJimmmy (2815 posts) -

I'm curious what people on gamespot do for a living? What do you do for work?

Don't lie no one will think your cool

----------------

I'm a Commercial/Industrial HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning) Service technician. Not a very glamorous job fixing and maintaining heating and cooling equipment but, the pay is good & I like what I do personally.

#2 Posted by lostrib (31059 posts) -

Procrastinate

#3 Posted by jasean79 (2018 posts) -

I set up clients for a large group insurance company. My job is boring as f***, but the pay is decent and allows me to post on these forums, so I'll take it.

#4 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

Cook

#5 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (708 posts) -

Travel agent. Yes, they still exist.

#6 Edited by bowchicka07 (1064 posts) -

Unloader at Wal Mart (sucks but the pay is consistent) but going to school for cyber security and networking.

#7 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12661 posts) -

I'm a pirate.

#8 Edited by slipknot0129 (5481 posts) -

I'm a cart pusher at Wal-Mart. I quit then came back two months later. In those two months I couldnt fit my skinny jeans. Now that I'm working I can fit my skinny jeans.

I love my job. I get to talk to people all the time. On the inside you couldnt do that.

I also go to college. I am getting a lot of money from my tribe just for going to school.

#9 Posted by ad1x2 (5377 posts) -

My job varies between sitting behind a desk, blowing stuff up, and going to the woods to camp for a few days. Occasionally I get a few all-expense paid trips to foreign lands.

#10 Edited by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

I'm an IT Business Analyst.

I work with a lot of databases.

#11 Posted by plageus900 (901 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

My job varies between sitting behind a desk, blowing stuff up, and going to the woods to camp for a few days. Occasionally I get a few all-expense paid trips to foreign lands.

You're in the military, correct? Which branch and what's your specialty?

#12 Posted by Pirate700 (46461 posts) -

Sports outfitter.

#13 Posted by Renevent42 (4996 posts) -

Sr. Database Administrator, and I enjoy it a lot.

@ad1x2 said:

Used to have the same job years ago...fun too. Only had one all-expense-paid-to-a-foreign-land trip though...and the locals weren't very nice.

#14 Posted by ad1x2 (5377 posts) -

@ad1x2 said:

You're in the military, correct? Which branch and what's your specialty?

I'm in the Army and I am an artillery guy. Although I've done a lot more than that based on what is required.

#15 Posted by themajormayor (25541 posts) -

It's similar in some aspects to being a professor

#16 Posted by SUD123456 (4326 posts) -

I am in executive management in the energy sector.

#17 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (649 posts) -

Unemployed at the moment applying everywhere for work. I'm debating if I just want to work for the rest of my life or go to college and degree in something, while working of course.

#18 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2258 posts) -

I do security.

#19 Edited by slipknot0129 (5481 posts) -

Unemployed at the moment applying everywhere for work. I'm debating if I just want to work for the rest of my life or go to college and degree in something, while working of course.

Go to college man. Just go to one that is cheap. Then when you go to a graduate school, thats when its important to go to a well known university. Im going to a cheap college then trying to get into Harvard or some college like that for law school.

#20 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12661 posts) -

@slipknot0129 said:

@-paranorman- said:

Go to college man. Just go to one that is cheap. Then when you go to a graduate school, thats when its important to go to a well known university. Im going to a cheap college then trying to get into Harvard or some college like that for law school.

Even with a degree, finding work in a field related to it is slim. Work experience trumps all, leaving very little room for the little guys to get their foot in the door.

#21 Edited by vfibsux (4205 posts) -

pimp

#22 Posted by -TheSecondSign- (9155 posts) -

Military police/security.

I'm about to get out.

#23 Edited by TacticalDesire (10713 posts) -

Create wealth :P.

#24 Posted by ferrari2001 (16658 posts) -

Currently I work in the shipping and receiving department of a local truck supplies shop. I basically pull and process freight all day. It's decent work and the pay is good and in this economy I'll take anything I can get.

#25 Posted by Brain_Duster (377 posts) -

Create wealth :P.

creating wealth=printing money

right?

#26 Edited by BranKetra (47366 posts) -

I do logistics work at a fortune 500 company and also work as part of my family's business.

#27 Posted by t1striker (1549 posts) -

Currently college, but for the longest time I was a retread technician. I retreaded semi tires.

#28 Posted by sukraj (21470 posts) -

Unemployed

#29 Edited by Wilfred_Owen (20785 posts) -

Military.

#30 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Sell insurance.

#31 Edited by TheFlush (5412 posts) -

art-direction, concept and strategy at an online design agency.

#32 Edited by LexLas (4150 posts) -

I'm captain of the Enterprise !

#33 Edited by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

I'm a student and also work part time in a local bar.

#34 Edited by PonchoTaco (1890 posts) -

Network Administrator

#35 Posted by plageus900 (901 posts) -

I just separated from the Air Force. Now I'm working a part time job while using the Post-9/11 bill to go to school.

#36 Edited by jimkabrhel (15416 posts) -

Chemistry Professor

#37 Posted by foxhound_fox (86616 posts) -

As a LTL delivery driver and shipper-receiver for a branch of a Western Canadian concession supply company.

#38 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7886 posts) -

I work in a lab at a pipe mill for oil and natural gas. I do tests on pipe samples as it's being made.

#39 Edited by KiIIyou (27076 posts) -

Wigglin

#40 Posted by Brain_Duster (377 posts) -
#41 Posted by KiIIyou (27076 posts) -
#43 Posted by VanDammFan (4210 posts) -

DMV in las vegas..sux..and moving back to TN in a few months to be a school bus driver. Cant wait.

#44 Posted by DarthGumballs (194 posts) -

F-15E avionics technician in the USAF.

#45 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

co op at an engineering company

#46 Posted by telefanatic (2861 posts) -

Sales manager at a Auto Dealership. I hate sales, cannot wait until i move down South from New York.... worst state ever and i hate my job even though i make over $1000 in salaries weekly.