What do I tell a friend who's touch with reality.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

irtaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 irtaylor
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts

Seriously. My friend we will call him Tristan has now lost his touch with the world around him, he's getting to that point where he thinks friends from the net are better than real world friends cause these people actually listen to him.

I want to help this guy, I really REALLY REALLY DO! He hasn't been out his house in two weeks, he's barely eating, and he's fallen in love with his virtual girlfriend, & who knows how long it's been sence he changed his clothes and taken a bath. He's basically lost himself to the actual world, his days are spent telling this supposed chick I love you, playing MMO's, and saying were the one's with problems, and that were not actual friends...he's no longer a friend with a guy we've both known for close to 10 years.

What this guy has is MUCH MUCH more than any dose of Evercrack could do to someone.

This guy is basically a drone, his mom doesn't care and his older sister has a baby so she doesn't have time for it...I don't even think I've seen the poor guy at school. I mean what do I do? Do I let him keep going this way and find out the hard way, or do I bring him softly.

Matthew_Kaeser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Matthew_Kaeser
Member since 2002 • 13493 Posts
Wow, I pray that these "friends" aren't the same ones from GameSpot or else he is seriously screwed :lol:
freek_brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freek_brothers
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts

Bleach and a bottle of coke make wonders.

yamum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 yamum2
Member since 2007 • 5879 Posts
um unpulg his internet and run away with the modem. that will force him outside.
a55assin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 a55assin
Member since 2005 • 7603 Posts
:cry:
irtaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 irtaylor
Wow, I pray that these "friends" aren't the same ones from GameSpot or else he is seriously screwed :lol:Matthew_Kaeser
Lol only a matter of time before the first comedian comes trough, atleast it was funny. But honestly I dont even know where he meets these people.
Sunsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sunsha
Member since 2005 • 20662 Posts
...wait...you're saying there is more to life than the internet? Hmm...
freek_brothers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 freek_brothers
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts

...wait...you're saying there is more to life than the internet? Hmm...Sunsha

no they lie there is only Clone Labs and Gamespot.

Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
Have you mentioned suicide.
irtaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 irtaylor
...wait...you're saying there is more to life than the internet? Hmm...Sunsha
I mean I understand not being social but Tristan has brought it to an entire new level...he's friends with this guy named Josh that doesn't have real friends, just internet friends.
jm4847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 jm4847
Member since 2006 • 3535 Posts
Respect his choice. Or stage an intervention. BTW your sig is pure awesomeness 8)
wrlyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wrlyy
Member since 2006 • 7632 Posts
Haha, what a cool cat. Get him a GS account.
Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
Sounds like me a while ago
irtaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 irtaylor

Respect his choice. Or stage an intervention. BTW your sig is pure awesomeness 8)jm4847
You know everyone has been telling me that, give the credit to my friend April who made it for me

http://www.myspace.com/musical____laughter

Matthew_Kaeser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Matthew_Kaeser
Member since 2002 • 13493 Posts
[QUOTE="Matthew_Kaeser"]Wow, I pray that these "friends" aren't the same ones from GameSpot or else he is seriously screwed :lol:irtaylor
Lol only a matter of time before the first comedian comes trough, atleast it was funny. But honestly I dont even know where he meets these people.

All joking aside, I can relate to how you feel. The past few years my wife has been making Internet friends through Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft and continues to chat with these guys on Ventrillo even when out of game. I believe she has lost some touch with reality and no longer wants anything to do with me and we are getting a divorce. I honestly don't have an answer for you... If I did, I may have been able to save my own marriage.
irtaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 irtaylor
[QUOTE="irtaylor"][QUOTE="Matthew_Kaeser"]Wow, I pray that these "friends" aren't the same ones from GameSpot or else he is seriously screwed :lol:Matthew_Kaeser

All joking aside, I can relate to how you feel. The past few years my wife has been making Internet friends through Star Wars Galaxies and World of Warcraft and continues to chat with these guys on Ventrillo even when out of game. I believe she has lost some touch with reality and no longer wants anything to do with me and we are getting a divorce. I honestly don't have an answer for you... If I did, I may have been able to save my own marriage.

I'm sorry to hear that guy. I guess were both at that point where we don't know what to do, a brick wall so to say. But Tristan, I'm honestly scared for him. The guys sense of reality has been shattered, now MMO's and this suspicious girl is bugging me. I'm afraid of losing my friend. It kept me up till 4am last night, I've come to the point that no matter what choice I make someone's gonna end up hurt.