What classes are you taking this semester?

  • 71 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Behardy24 (4663 posts) -

Here is my class list:

  • American Government
  • A Writing Course (Don't remember the specific title of it)
  • You And The Law
  • A Math Course (I also don't remember the title of this)

Edit: Also, taking a "Keys to Success" class online

What classes are you taking this semester?

#2 Edited by super600 (30720 posts) -

Here are all the classes I'm taking

Chemistry 270: Environmental Chemistry

Chem istry 311 : Advanced Chemical Analysis

Earth and Atmospheric Science 208: Introduction to global change

Economics 341: Money and Banking

#3 Posted by Behardy24 (4663 posts) -

@super600 said:

Here are all the classes I'm taking

Chemistry 270: Environmental Chemistry

Chem istry 311 : Advanced Chemical Analysis

Earth and Atmospheric Science 208: Introduction to global change

Economics 341: Money and Banking

Sounds tough.

#4 Posted by indzman (18208 posts) -

1.Collecting and studying all collectibles from remember me.

2. Goal on reaching reaching MAX LEVEL 99 on Kingdom Hearts

3.Aquiring and unlocking pesticide weapons in Earth Defense Force : Insect Armageddon

4.Plan to start Assassins Creed III tutorial class on September

I'll be busy HaHa

P.S - No classes for indz, passed school and college =P

#5 Edited by super600 (30720 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

@super600 said:

Here are all the classes I'm taking

Chemistry 270: Environmental Chemistry

Chem istry 311 : Advanced Chemical Analysis

Earth and Atmospheric Science 208: Introduction to global change

Economics 341: Money and Banking

Sounds tough.

A lot of concepts are re-used I heard in both of the chemistry courses I'm taking. I learned a lot of these concepts in a previous chemistry course, but twisted to fit the course or expanded on. And I have yet to get below a B in a senior level chemistry course.I shouldn't be bragging, but I'm not that worried about either of the chemistry classes. I'm a bit worried about that economics class, but I seem to do well in economic courses that are based on macroeconomic concepts I learnt before.The earth science course is something I'm interested in and is a part of my major.At least I have a couple of long breaks between classes on some days which helps.

#6 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

Not sure about the system over there but I'm doing IGCSE A Levels. The subjects I'll have to suffer are these:

  • Math (or maybe advanced mathematics too if I manage)
  • Chemistry
  • Physics
  • Computer Sciences
#7 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (585 posts) -

None for me. I'm done with Classes.

#8 Posted by Iszdope (10157 posts) -

Trolling 101.

The possibilities...

#9 Posted by johnd13 (8235 posts) -

These are my compulsory classes for the semester:

  • Web Information Systems
  • Data Warehouses and Data Mining
  • Concurrency and Security in Software
  • Information Retrieval

Shit's getting serious. :P

#10 Posted by indzman (18208 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

These are my compulsory classes for the semester:

  • Web Information Systems
  • Data Warehouses and Data Mining
  • Concurrency and Security in Software
  • Information Retrieval

Shit's getting serious. :P

Looks like CIA courses HeHe

#11 Posted by johnd13 (8235 posts) -

@indzman said:

@johnd13 said:

These are my compulsory classes for the semester:

  • Web Information Systems
  • Data Warehouses and Data Mining
  • Concurrency and Security in Software
  • Information Retrieval

Shit's getting serious. :P

Looks like CIA courses HeHe

I'm studying Computer Science. What's CIA? Ugh, I've always had problems understanding terms and initials that people in USA and other parts of the world use for courses and degrees.

#12 Posted by PSP107 (11952 posts) -

@behardy24 said:

Here is my class list:

  • You And The Law

wtf? "You And The Law" lol

#13 Posted by achilles614 (4858 posts) -

Taking 14 credits and doing research with a professor.

Embedded systems-Microcontroller systems, assembly language programming, data representation, memory and device interfacing, timing analysis, parallel and serial communication, timers, interrupts, signal interfacing considerations, and applications.

Electronics 1-Electronic devices including p-n junctions, bipolar transistors, field effect transistors and device models.

Electromagnetic fields-Maxwell's equations, static and dynamic field analysis

Semiconductor device physics-Semiconductor device physics, energy band diagrams, electronic devices including p-n junctions, bipolar transistors, field effect transistors and device models.

Most of it should be familiar material as I self-studied and learned a lot of it earlier this year.

#14 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

Research

#15 Edited by achilles614 (4858 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Research

in what field? Early stages, late stages?

#16 Posted by lostrib (37791 posts) -

@achilles614 said:

@lostrib said:

Research

in what field? Early stages, late stages?

graduate school , biology

#17 Edited by ferrari2001 (17006 posts) -

I haven't been to class in over a year and a half. Glad to be over and done with school.

#18 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -

Macroeconomics

Microeconomics

Econometrics

Possibly one other course

@super600 said:

Economics 341: Money and Banking

Is this a central bank/monetary policy course (ie DSGE models) or something else?

#19 Edited by Mercenary848 (9082 posts) -

@super600: Smart man, I take classes that have things in common a semester. Helps fight overload.

#20 Posted by XaosII (16612 posts) -
  • Robotics
  • Modern Statistics
  • Linear Algebra
  • Metalworking and Jewelery
  • Independent Study (building an embedded device using an Arduino for children)

It's my last semester. I've already completed all my Computer Science stuff. I really only need those two math courses and whatever else in electives, so i took robotics, metalworking, and the independant study as personal interests.

#21 Posted by Mercenary848 (9082 posts) -

Statistics-i do not need to take this but looks better for psychology grad school

Quantitative Methods-research based statistics and a lot of plugging information in computers

Abnormal Psychology- learning about murder and stuff

Psychological careers-learning about jobs I can not get until I have my masters

Humanities- lame

#22 Posted by BranKetra (48785 posts) -

Math and ethics are the courses I am enrolled in for the Fall 2014 Term.

I will be going to school full-time next semester.

#23 Posted by loco145 (10778 posts) -

None.

#24 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -
@loco145 said:

None.

Well when you fail out of college, you can't take classes anymore, so that makes sense.

#25 Posted by pyro1245 (873 posts) -

None. Got an engineering degree last year. woooo.

#26 Posted by Zelda99 (737 posts) -
  1. Latin 1
  2. Modern English literature
  3. Shakespearean tragedies
  4. Creative Writing Workshop

I'm trying to finish my English degree this semester before moving on to my next degree.

#27 Posted by Mercenary848 (9082 posts) -

@chessmaster1989: Bro harsh, we all screw up. I went from making 4.0s to a 1.7 semester lol, and then brought it back up. I do not know how well you two know each other, but he can always go back.

#28 Edited by Star_Skywalker (4019 posts) -

I miss college already. =(

#29 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29394 posts) -
@Mercenary848 said:

@chessmaster1989: Bro harsh, we all screw up. I went from making 4.0s to a 1.7 semester lol, and then brought it back up. I do not know how well you two know each other, but he can always go back.

Oh no you misunderstand, loco constantly posts threads whining about how he hates college and thinks it's useless. I have no idea what his actual experience was but he's a total d-bag about it.

#30 Edited by Serraph105 (28164 posts) -

I honestly don't remember. I'm going back to school this year though to go get a bachelors in computer networking. Currently I just don't make enough to live the way I want to live (or provide for my gf for that matter) so I've decided to put in the time (two years) so that we can have a better life.

It's weird, I used to never be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel when it came to school, and now I can see the end before I even start. I must be getting older.

#31 Posted by Mercenary848 (9082 posts) -

@chessmaster1989: oh, internets my bad. I have been so out of the loop at gs since i came to college 4 years ago. Gone are the days when I posted everyday while doing homework, lol carry on you two.

#32 Edited by themajormayor (25855 posts) -
  • Probability theory II
  • Basic financial mathematics
  • Public finance
  • Empirical methods in economics I
#33 Posted by Serraph105 (28164 posts) -

@themajormayor said:
  • Probability theory II
  • Basic financial mathematics
  • Public finance
  • Empirical methods in economics I

what's your major?

#34 Posted by elkoldo (1164 posts) -
@XaosII said:

  • Linear Algebra

Brought back horrible memories of past.

#35 Posted by themajormayor (25855 posts) -

@Serraph105 said:

@themajormayor said:
  • Probability theory II
  • Basic financial mathematics
  • Public finance
  • Empirical methods in economics I

what's your major?

We don't have majors and minors here as far as I understand. But my programme is called Economics and Mathematics.

#36 Posted by themajormayor (25855 posts) -

@elkoldo said:
@XaosII said:
  • Linear Algebra

Brought back horrible memories of past.

^

#37 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

Death Knight or Paladin, can't decide which class I wanna start first.

#38 Edited by GoogleAndroid (149 posts) -
  • Anatomy (includes 2 labs)
  • Biology (includes a lab)
  • Psychology
  • Trigonometry

14 credits total and I'm majoring in Biology/Pre-Med.

#39 Posted by SolidSnake35 (58110 posts) -

None. Might be doing a PhD next year. Philosophy.

#40 Edited by genius2365 (389 posts) -

Let's see, I'm first semester for Pure and Applied in CEGEP, which is the Quebec equivalent of college. This would allow me to get a degree later on in university in the sciences, maths, biology, engineering, etc. It's sort of a transition school between high school and university, allowing students to start honing in on what they like. Useless for people who know what they want to do in life, but for me it's ideal, since I have the smarts but no idea what to with them lol.

Here's what I have:

1. Intro to College English (Litterature)

2. Critical Thinking on the Ancient World (Interpreting the works of Socrates and Plato, humanities)

3. Fundamental Skills for Sports (Gym work, intense stretching, workouts, etc.)

4. Film styles (don't know about this one, wish I could have had 20th century history or something)

5. Calculus 1 (saw the equations in the book, should be lots of fun understanding)

6. General Chemistry (self explanatory)

7. Mechanics (going more in depth on the physics we saw in high school)

Just had my first 2 days actually. Not bad, but being at school from 8 AM to 6 PM with 4 courses was not the ideal way to start on my first day of school.

#41 Posted by ad1x2 (5679 posts) -

I'm doing an engineering tech and algebra class starting in September. I've been putting off college for awhile but might as well get the classes done now.

Hardest thing about taking classes online is the fact that you can have class in one tab and a million other things (to include GS) on another.

#42 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2755 posts) -

I don't got to college.

#43 Edited by Gamerno6666 (1623 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

@indzman said:

@johnd13 said:

These are my compulsory classes for the semester:

  • Web Information Systems
  • Data Warehouses and Data Mining
  • Concurrency and Security in Software
  • Information Retrieval

Shit's getting serious. :P

Looks like CIA courses HeHe

I'm studying Computer Science. What's CIA? Ugh, I've always had problems understanding terms and initials that people in USA and other parts of the world use for courses and degrees.

I think he is taking about Central Intelligence Agency. I only did Data Warehousing and Data Mining out of the courses you've list.

On topic, Already taken

CS:Internship

Though I am doing a lot of online courses from edx and coursera.

#44 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

Writing.

Algebra 2.

Social psychology.

As much as I like psychology, I want to switch to hardware engineering. It pays more, like 100k-150k a year and working for Google would be nice with all the added benefits.

#45 Posted by loco145 (10778 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@loco145 said:

None.

Well when you fail out of college, you can't take classes anymore, so that makes sense.

No, I won college (finished).

#46 Posted by CountBleck12 (22954 posts) -

Art 186 - Computer Graphics/Adobe Illustrator
English 100
Political Science
Math 80

#47 Posted by plageus900 (1084 posts) -

@Serraph105 said:

I honestly don't remember. I'm going back to school this year though to go get a bachelors in computer networking. Currently I just don't make enough to live the way I want to live (or provide for my gf for that matter) so I've decided to put in the time (two years) so that we can have a better life.

It's weird, I used to never be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel when it came to school, and now I can see the end before I even start. I must be getting older.

Excellent stuff. It makes me happy to see people put in the time to better themselves.

#48 Posted by BranKetra (48785 posts) -

Update:

I got in full-time this semester despite obstacles.

I am enrolled the following courses:

United States History II

Literature: Poetry and Drama

Math course

Ethics course

#49 Edited by gamerguru100 (10647 posts) -

Human Disease, Medical Terminology, Ethical Problems in Healthcare, and.....The Christian Journey (required theology elective)

#50 Edited by Allicrombie (25240 posts) -

@BranKetra said:

Update:

I got in full-time this semester despite obstacles.

I am enrolled the following courses:

United States History II

Literature: Poetry and Drama

Math course

Ethics course

love Literature and History courses.