What can I expect from working at a gym?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by killblade37 (1091 posts) -

So just a few minutes ago I had gotten a phone call from the gym chain planet fitness to go in tomorrow for an interview. While I am excited im also nervous because I have no idea what its like working at a gym. I applied for a front desk position so I would assume all I would have to do is sign in members and deal with the cancelation of memberships but thats about it. Does anyone have anymore insight about what its like working at a gym?

#2 Posted by worlock77 (22547 posts) -
A bunch of fat dudes screaming "beefcake!".
#3 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

Well you'll get to know a lot of hot ladies :D but you should start working out in the gym if you want to get to know them better.

#4 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

Bros. Bros everywhere.

#5 Posted by killblade37 (1091 posts) -

Well you'll get to know a lot of hot ladies :D but you should start working out in the gym if you want to get to know them better.

not_wanted

ya that would be a good idea....haha I dropped so much weight it sucks because now i need to beef up since im pretty much a stick at this point

#6 Posted by suz437 (1004 posts) -

Lol planet fitness.... Watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ6OrO1f610

#7 Posted by naju890_963 (8954 posts) -

sada

This.

#8 Posted by hippiesanta (9890 posts) -

Bros. Bros everywhere.

CycleOfViolence
and bros who actually love bros.... fully shaved
#9 Posted by KiIIyou (27146 posts) -
A billion dollars
#10 Posted by KiIIyou (27146 posts) -
[QUOTE="CycleOfViolence"]

Bros. Bros everywhere.

hippiesanta
and bros who actually love bros.... fully shaved

Those called smoovies.
#11 Posted by flammable_zeus (692 posts) -

Expect lots of Pokemon trainers looking to get their next badge.

#12 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

Ass,ass and ass.

#13 Posted by LLYNCES (381 posts) -

suz437

Or this

#14 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3946 posts) -

suz437

What a joke.

I don't blame him for cussing at her. I would have myself.

Anybody who's lifted any significant amount of weight knows you'll unintentionally grunt. i.e. Exhalling while lifting.

#15 Posted by AvatarMan96 (7324 posts) -

Expect lots of Pokemon trainers looking to get their next badge.

flammable_zeus
:D
#16 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -

not_wanted
Actually you'll get to know a lot of ugly fat women wanting to become hot women..then when they don't become hot and skinny over night they'll cancel their member ship and blame you.. at least thats what I imagine it'll be like.. surely it won't be THAT bad though. lol
#17 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151400 posts) -
Touching nasty sweaty equipment.....have fun sharing the body fluids with strangers.
#18 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Nothing. Small talk; help people who can't scan their card, and maybe replace the alcohol dispenser used to clean the equipment.
#19 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="suz437"]

LLYNCES

Or this

That's pretty dumb.
#20 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

[QUOTE="not_wanted"]

Rattlesnake_8

Actually you'll get to know a lot of ugly fat women wanting to become hot women..then when they don't become hot and skinny over night they'll cancel their member ship and blame you.. at least thats what I imagine it'll be like.. surely it won't be THAT bad though. lol

That would only happen if he had applied for fitness trainer position. Oh and you can always ignore the fat and ugly women, I mean not entirely cause you'd get fired but something like:

Fat girls: Bye, see you tomorrow. :oops:

You: Bye, see you next time :).........(in your mind: you fat ugly bitc*es :x) lol

#21 Posted by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

Touching nasty sweaty equipment.....have fun sharing the body fluids with strangers.LJS9502_basic
the fuk people, do you even read the first post?

#22 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (3946 posts) -

[QUOTE="not_wanted"]

Rattlesnake_8

Don't need to imagine it. I've seen it.

Men too when they don't buff up over night and have that stomach fat dissapear.

Most people are simply lazy and don't want to put in the work (yes work...lots) that it takes to have a nice or even mediocre body.

#23 Posted by BenedictArnold7 (701 posts) -
The same thing you can expect from every other BS low level job. Boredom, disrespect, stress, suicidal thoughts.
#24 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151400 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Touching nasty sweaty equipment.....have fun sharing the body fluids with strangers.not_wanted

Yeah but that doesn't make the equipment any less sweaty...
#25 Posted by suz437 (1004 posts) -
[QUOTE="not_wanted"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Touching nasty sweaty equipment.....have fun sharing the body fluids with strangers.LJS9502_basic

Yeah but that doesn't make the equipment any less sweaty...

Most polite or respectful members of any gym wipe or disinfect the equipment after use. Or perhaps before you use the equipment, you could do the same.
#26 Posted by WSGRandomPerson (13693 posts) -
Yoga pants.
#27 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20875 posts) -
Just a few bros flexin those muscles in front of your face all day.
#28 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
A lot of fat people in the first few weeks of January, then nothing but regulars for the next 11 months.
#29 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

I go to the local Y quite a bit.

All of the front desk people look pretty unhappy.

#30 Posted by Cloud_Insurance (3279 posts) -

Lift heavy and take a multi

#31 Posted by TacticaI (883 posts) -

Has to be boring. LOL@ Those videos. Had no clue that's what Planet Fitness was about, that's pretty sad. A gym dedicated to keeping muscle heads out. If you were serious about your training, wore headphones, or brought some light reading (newspaper on the bike?) grunting isn't distracting in the least bit, much less intimidating. How is somebody else working out intimidating? That's some s*** policy they got there.

#32 Posted by Big_Pecks (5350 posts) -

Handing out fresh water and hinting at type advantages.

Oh, too late for the Pokemon joke.

#33 Posted by PurpleSmile (1068 posts) -
you either lift with sexy chicks working out with their sweaty b*obies or you lift long enough to see yourself workout with some dudes screaming in pain.
#34 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2806 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"][QUOTE="not_wanted"]

MakeMeaSammitch

Don't need to imagine it. I've seen it.

Men too when they don't buff up over night and have that stomach fat dissapear.

Most people are simply lazy and don't want to put in the work (yes work...lots) that it takes to have a nice or even mediocre body.

They also need to fix their diet as that is most likely the leading cause of their being fat. Everybody wants a nice body but nobody wants to put the effort in. They would rather take diet pills or get a operation. They want the easy fix the fast way but it takes time to get fat. Yet all the time they were spending turing into a lard ass should just mean nothing. They then blame the gym for not working and quit SMDH :lol: