What are your views on Tattoos?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StateOfGrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StateOfGrace
Member since 2012 • 96 Posts

If you see someone with tattoos, what do you think? Do you judge that person? If so, in a good or bad way?

I know people who automatically assume someone is a "bad" person if they have tattoos. It's ridiculous. You know what they say, don't judge a book by it's cover. In this case, don't judge a human by it's skin :lol:

I personally love tattoos. My whole right arm is tattooed. It's an art form. It's another way to express yourself. Well, that's how I see it.

What do you guys think?

Tats. Yay or Nay?

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

Indifferent.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#3 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I don't like needles. :<

Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
I don't mind them. I might end up getting one at some point. Not a huge fan of them on women though >_>
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

As long as they aren't ugly as ****......................

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Get them if you want them but don't be surprised when no one hires you when you have "C*nt Destroyer" tattoo'd up your arm.
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

Get them if you want them but don't be surprised when no one hires you when you have "C*nt Destroyer" tattoo'd up your arm. Ace6301

Would only get a **** destroyer tatoo in the peilvic region.............

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts
I'm fine with them, have to ask yourself though whether it'll still look old when you're old fat and wrinkly.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts

[QUOTE="Ace6301"]Get them if you want them but don't be surprised when no one hires you when you have "C*nt Destroyer" tattoo'd up your arm. Chow_Mein_Kampf

Would only get a **** destroyer tatoo in the peilvic region.............

Hey if you got something down there deserving of that name more power to you but I think most people would need it on their forearm to be more accurate. Also hi mods.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I used to want to get a few when I was young. Glad I never did.. waste of money, they are permanent and people tend to only get them these days because they think it makes them look tough.. which it doesn't. Looks stupid most of the time. Especially tramp stamps.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
Dont like em. Most people have really ugly tattoos and I probably wouldn't date a girl who has a lot of noticeable ones.
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

They look nice on some, but not all. 

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

A classy small one or two in an innocuous place is fine, but people who cover their arms and more with tats just come off as tacky. Like, inflatable Christmas yard decorations tacky.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I like tattoos, but I guess it depends on what the tattoos are and how well they're done. A person with good tattoos has invested time and money into them. A person with bad tattoos probably let some guy named Juan do them in the bathroom at a bar. I also judge stupid tattoos. Somebody who has a slogan or logo on them is probably really stupid, and will prove that very quickly. All around, though, I'd say I think they're great and can be wonderful works of art.

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#15 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
Not as stupid as body piercings.
narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I don't really like them much. Some people have way to many tattoos too, especially sports atheletes. Way too many have tattoos all down their arms nowadays.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts
I like 'em.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

I generally think they're stupid, though if people want to do that to themselves then that's their choice.  There are two types of good tattoos, imo.  One is when it's gotten to commemorate something extremely significant and the other is when it's a really creative tattoo.  In either case I think it should truly mean something to the person getting it done.  When I see people who get tattoos just because I generally think less of them.  They usually say it's artistic or it really means something, but usually it's completely generic in the first place or they get so many tattoos that "mean so much to them" in the second case as to make it seem less special and more for kicks, which I think is dumb for something that's going to be with you forever.

To kind of illustrate that last point, I remember watching OCC a while back when I was still into it and Paul Sr. was getting a tattoo of his dog.  He got a tattoo of his first dog, then it died.  Then he got another one, and I think he was on like his third one in the episode.  Okay, there's a dog that really means a lot to you, your first dog or a dog you spend a lot of time with from the time it's a puppy, that makes sense.  When you're just getting ink of every dog you've owned, though, it seems to make it a bit less special.  When he dies he's going to have tattoos of like fifteen dogs, it's just going to seem really silly at that point.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 theone86

A classy small one or two in an innocuous place is fine, but people who cover their arms and more with tats just come off as tacky. Like, inflatable Christmas yard decorations tacky.

br0kenrabbit

When I think about tattoos I might get location is generally the biggest issue.  I agree visible tattoos can look kind of stupid (though I think that's mostly because of idiots who get too many and always get clichéd designs), but if it's something special then I kind of think I'd prefer to have it somewhere visible, isn't that the whole point?  Then again, the whole world doesn't need to see all of the time, there are places where people can get them and have them displayed in certain occasions, but covered under normal dress.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Lipscomb

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

theone86

When I think about tattoos I might get location is generally the biggest issue. I agree visible tattoos can look kind of stupid (though I think that's mostly because of idiots who get too many and always get clichéd designs), but if it's something special then I kind of think I'd prefer to have it somewhere visible, isn't that the whole point? Then again, the whole world doesn't need to see all of the time, there are places where people can get them and have them displayed in certain occasions, but covered under normal dress.

I always thought the back or chest was a good place to get a tattoo.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

I consider people that have tribal tattoos or foreign symbols to be tools, but that's about it. I also think that having full on facial tattoos, especially in the 1st world is completely foolish as that is going to be hideous later on. Other than that, no. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them. Technically, there isn't anything wrong with what I said either since it's their body (but eck/haha/fail)

I just wish companies would be more lenient with them. As long as it's nothing hateful/etc, What's the harm. People need to lighten up about them. Also, I don't like that everyone and their mother has them now, but you can't do much about that.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 theone86

If you see someone with tattoos, what do you think? Do you judge that person? If so, in a good or bad way?

I know people who automatically assume someone is a "bad" person if they have tattoos. It's ridiculous. You know what they say, don't judge a book by it's cover. In this case, don't judge a human by it's skin :lol:

I personally love tattoos. My whole right arm is tattooed. It's an art form. It's another way to express yourself. Well, that's how I see it.

What do you guys think?

Tats. Yay or Nay?

StateOfGrace

It's an art form the same way me drawing stick figures is an art form.  I really enjoy tattoos that are unique and creative, but 99% of tattoos are tribal patterns, asian language figures, corporate or team logos, or some other clichéd and completley unoriginal design.  Is there really a reason you need a butterfly on your skin permanently?  I mean sure, it takes some skill for the artist to draw it, but is there really any purpose to displaying it on yourself that can't be served by displaying it on, say, a shirt or bag or something?  The way I see it, it's a true art form when it's a true expression of art and not just a permanent doodle.

As long as they aren't ugly as f*ck......................

Chow_Mein_Kampf

This post and your sig are quite the ironic combination.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

They're f*cking gross. 

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

The_Lipscomb

When I think about tattoos I might get location is generally the biggest issue. I agree visible tattoos can look kind of stupid (though I think that's mostly because of idiots who get too many and always get clichéd designs), but if it's something special then I kind of think I'd prefer to have it somewhere visible, isn't that the whole point? Then again, the whole world doesn't need to see all of the time, there are places where people can get them and have them displayed in certain occasions, but covered under normal dress.

I always thought the back or chest was a good place to get a tattoo.

Yeah, but like I said then people only see them when you're shirtless.  That may not be a bad thing, to only show them to people you have a certain level of intimacy with.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Not much of a fan.

THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#26 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

I kind of don't judge people on having tattoos. I mean, my sister's been covered in them for years so it's not like they're a completely foreign thing to me. On the other hand, it's pretty dumb to have a gigantic satan pentagram tattooed on the entirety of your back and have flame tattoos all over your arm like another relative of mine does. That guy's way too down with the Satan.

I'd never get one myself, though. I'm way, waaaay too scared of those tattoo needle things.

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

i'm quite a fan of both tattoos and piercings, just don't cover your entite body with them.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
I have two tribal tattoo and I don't make it as a debate topic
The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

The only tattoos that I have positive views on are those with actual meaning behind them.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Lipscomb

i'm quite a fan of both tattoos and piercings, just don't cover your entite body with them.

VaguelyTagged
Ya, there are certain girls in my opinion, that really pul off tattoos and piercings well.. to the point where it's crazy hot.
Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts

I'll Never understand why people are so judgmental of tattoos some people give them a bad name but otherwise most people like myself with tattoos are contributing members of society, Mine can be covered up and I plan on getting alot more but none visisible while in a suit, I only have 2 now but I'm just 19, Some tattoos do piss me off particularly Generic ones if your going to get one make sure it means something to you and isn't just a couple stars on your arm or little angel wings on your back what are you five?

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 theone86

I'll Never understand why people are so judgmental of tattoos some people give them a bad name but otherwise most people like myself with tattoos are contributing members of society, Mine can be covered up and I plan on getting alot more but none visisible while in a suit, I only have 2 now but I'm just 19, Some tattoos do piss me off particularly Generic ones if your going to get one make sure it means something to you and isn't just a couple stars on your arm or little angel wings on your back what are you five?

Tetrarch9

You'd be surprised how many people say a tattoo means something deep to them when really there's not a whole lot of meaning behind it at all.  You'd also be surprised how few tattoos that originally had meaning retain that same level of meaning throughout a person's life.  I wanted both my arms basically covered in tattoos when I was your age, if I had actually gotten it done I'd be sitting here right now with a bunch of ink that completely goes against my current personality.  Anyways, it's less of a "they're bad (or irresponsible) people for getting tattoos" sort of thing and more of a "that looks stupid, if they're going to get ink then it should be somethign special" sort of thing.  There's nothing wrong with being judgemental, so long as you don't allow your judgement of something like a tattoo go beyond the tattoo itself, say into the person's character.  

Also, most people who get tattoos get extremely generic ones.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

They reflect being lower class and or having body image issues.

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IdioticIcarus

They reflect being lower class and or having body image issues.

MakeMeaSammitch
How do they reflect these?
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

Yeah, but like I said then people only see them when you're shirtless.  That may not be a bad thing, to only show them to people you have a certain level of intimacy with.

theone86

I think the upper arm is fine if it's not too large and flashy, and for girls above the ankle. Anything below the elbow is just seeking attention.

slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

Its like a tshirt except its permanent. 

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
1-3 that are really colorful/pretty are fine, but excessive tattoos is a big don't in my book. I don't ever plan on getting tattoos of my own though.
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 IdioticIcarus

I think the upper arm is fine if it's not too large and flashy, and for girls above the ankle. Anything below the elbow is just seeking attention.

br0kenrabbit
I don't know. I have a tattoo on my wrist. I don't think I seek attention. I just wanted to be able to see the tattoo all the time.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

most tatoos look nice, and no, I don't judge people that have tatoos.

though I will sometimes suspect someone of being a douche if they have the barbedwire/tribal/etc band tatoos that don't go all the way around; obviously theyre doing it for appearances, and theyre too much of a p**** to have the band go onto the inner arm (where the skin is MUCH more sensitive).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

IdioticIcarus

I don't know. I have a tattoo on my wrist. I don't think I seek attention. I just wanted to be able to see the tattoo all the time.

this

i imagine the part of the body one gets a tattoo on is simply like a canvas, and to some people, certain parts are like different canvasses

I've always wanted a tattoo, even have a rough idea what I want...just don't know where I want it.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts

It depends for me, but I tend to have a negative view of tats.  A small personally meaningful  one in a discreet place is just fine by me. But I can't count how many ppl I've known who have decided to get inked and then decided to make it personal so that they can be "deep" or tell a story.

For a lot of tattoos (particularly excessive visable ones) it comes accross as people trying to buy a personality or get attention.

Tattoos (or piercings) on a girl can be a huge deal breaker if they are large or are in certain places. They have never made a girl more appealing, but they have certainly made a girl who would have been otherwise attractive appalling in the physical sense.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I don't dislike tattoos but I have a few opinions on this.  If you tattoo your arms or neck it will obviously decrease your carreer oportunities dramatically as well as your lifetime income potential(there are exceptions of course).  You may be judged if you have visible tattoos.  I was just in the ER at the hospital I work at and saw a female nurse who was almost sleeved and I judged her.  I'm pretty damn astounded by the number of women with tattoos on the back of their neck or behind their ear---there is no way in hell that one day they won't regret getting a tattoo on their neck.  The most important one is the fact that they have become so trendy, which means at some point it will not be so cool to have a tattoo.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
I think they're trashy. I find many people's tattoos to be in poor taste, and frankly I don't quite see the point. I'm attracted to women with tattoos, but it's a draw to the trashiness aspect rather than the tattoo itself. Pretty much everything about them I find to be superficial.
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I don' t mind people having them but I doubt I' m going to have one myself.

Hate_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hate_Squad
Member since 2007 • 1357 Posts

mostly done by guys to draw attention from girls(and not express themselves as they claim).also 90% of tatoos suck,the good ones are really few.i wont even discuss female tatoos cause there are like 5 good female tatoos on the whole planet

bort_hurs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bort_hurs
Member since 2012 • 202 Posts
I have two tribal tattoohippiesanta
Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
I have 4 stars on my right arm, the Dark Mark (Yes, Im a nerd) on my left arm, and Im scheduled to get one on my chest on the 13th, right over my heart. Its the drawing of Simba as a cub that Rafiki drew on the tree. Why? Because 1) My son was born this past August which makes him a Leo, and 2) Ive been waiting for a decent reason to get that specific tat anyway lol. It's going to have A.T.M (His Initials) over the top, and 8-11-12 under the bottom.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I have 4 stars on my right arm, the Dark Mark (Yes, Im a nerd) on my left arm, and Im scheduled to get one on my chest on the 13th, right over my heart. Its the drawing of Simba as a cub that Rafiki drew on the tree. Why? Because 1) My son was born this past August which makes him a Leo, and 2) Ive been waiting for a decent reason to get that specific tat anyway lol. It's going to have A.T.M (His Initials) over the top, and 8-11-12 under the bottom. Spartan_N7

You are getting an ATM tattoo? I'd go for his first name instead, otherwise its either At The Moment or Automated Teller Machine and will look funny in a tragic way.

asda

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan_N7"]I have 4 stars on my right arm, the Dark Mark (Yes, Im a nerd) on my left arm, and Im scheduled to get one on my chest on the 13th, right over my heart. Its the drawing of Simba as a cub that Rafiki drew on the tree. Why? Because 1) My son was born this past August which makes him a Leo, and 2) Ive been waiting for a decent reason to get that specific tat anyway lol. It's going to have A.T.M (His Initials) over the top, and 8-11-12 under the bottom. tenaka2

You are getting an ATM tattoo? I'd go for his first name instead, otherwise its either At The Moment or Automated Teller Machine and will look funny in a tragic way.

asda

Lmao, god thats horrible. A- Alexander T- Theodore M- My last name (Not posting that here, lol) I was thinking about getting just his first name, but I dont know. I'll have to ask Mike if it would cost any more or what. I paid for it a few weeks ago already lol. Honestly though, the main reason Im getting just the initials is because it's going right over my chest bone (I have no idea what it's called, Im horrible with Human Anatomy) so it's going to hurt like hell. Yay for having no fat there, when it would probably help a little, ya know? Ha
Cefryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cefryd
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

That's mine. You can't tell it's there unless I wear a top with a low back.

img1224uc.jpg