What are your thoughts on girls who try to joke?

• 68 results
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
@-God- said:
@GazaAli said:
@-God- said:
@GazaAli said:

I'll tell you one thing: girls like men who make them laugh until they meet a real man, at which point those giggly men look like children in comparison.

lol what... ....whats a real man? Someone whose boring and beats his wife?

If this is your understanding of a real man then the joke's on you.

A real man makes his woman laugh. That quiet stoic loner shit is only for the movies.

As a quiet stoic loner, I second this.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By PernicioEnigma

@GazaAli said:
@-God- said:
@GazaAli said:

I'll tell you one thing: girls like men who make them laugh until they meet a real man, at which point those giggly men look like children in comparison.

Someone could easily mistake what you said as implying that being a funny man and being a "real man" are somehow mutually exclusive. Being "funny" doesn't mean being silly and immature, y'know?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:
@GazaAli said:
@-God- said:
@GazaAli said:

Someone could easily mistake what you said as implying that being a funny man and being a "real man" are somehow mutually exclusive. Being "funny" doesn't necessarily mean being silly and immature, y'know?

Of course they're not mutually exclusive, but it's often the case in life that you can't have it all, and therefore, when you have more of something you have less of another. From a stereotypical point of view, funny men are at odds with serious ones. Women will fall more for the former early in their lives, but once they mature, they realize they want more in life than a good time and converge to the latter. Of course it depends on what people want but you get the idea.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PernicioEnigma

@GazaAli said:
@PernicioEnigma said:
@GazaAli said:
@-God- said:
@GazaAli said:

Someone could easily mistake what you said as implying that being a funny man and being a "real man" are somehow mutually exclusive. Being "funny" doesn't necessarily mean being silly and immature, y'know?

Of course they're not mutually exclusive, but it's often the case in life that you can't have it all, and therefore, when you have more of something you have less of another. From a stereotypical point of view, funny men are at odds with serious ones. Women will fall more for the former early in their lives, but once they mature, they realize they want more in life than a good time and converge to the latter. Of course it depends on what people want but you get the idea.

I understand younger women are more attracted to guys who might not necessarily make good long-term partners or fathers, but that's often for reasons unrelated to the guy's sense of humor. I bet if you were to ask a group of couples who are happily married what attracted them to each other many of them would say their sense of humor.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#55 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@-God-: i guess this is somewhat a question of semantics : D

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#56 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

I don't feel like "jokes" are what's funny. A girl can make me laugh without busting out a yo' mamma joke or a knock knock classic.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

All people are welcome to be funny, male or female, as long as they can pull it off.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Depends. Are the jokes good?

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#59 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@garathe_den said:

Psychologically, the female brain supposedly is more attracted to a male who is "funny" as it means they will be "generous" - with their wealth.

It's part of the whole "Men are shallow, women are golddiggers" theory.

Just like how men are wired to find big hips/boobs and small waists attractive as they believe it suggests fertility and they can pass on their genes successfully. The "golddiggers" aspect is for shelter and security for the family.

It's all very primal...but mostly subconscious.

Dunno if this helps to partially explain why men are more likely to be considered "funny".

What's your source on this?

-Byshop

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

@Byshop said:
@garathe_den said:

Psychologically, the female brain supposedly is more attracted to a male who is "funny" as it means they will be "generous" - with their wealth.

It's part of the whole "Men are shallow, women are golddiggers" theory.

Just like how men are wired to find big hips/boobs and small waists attractive as they believe it suggests fertility and they can pass on their genes successfully. The "golddiggers" aspect is for shelter and security for the family.

It's all very primal...but mostly subconscious.

Dunno if this helps to partially explain why men are more likely to be considered "funny".

-Byshop

I studied psychology

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@garathe_den said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

I studied psychology

Yes, but who's the source? What research yielded these results?

-Byshop

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#62 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts
@TehFuneral said:

Usually the guys are the ones who joke a lot and its the girls who find guys funny rather than the contrary. Everyone knows girls like guys who make them laugh, but I never really understood what guys think of girls who joke regardless of whether she's funny or not.

I personally never found a girl who's actually funny, but when I meet one of those girls who joke a lot I try to laugh to make them feel good about themselves. I find it to be a turn off when a girl tries to joke about something, specially when she starts to joke about me.

I also really don't know how to react when a girl tries to joke about something but doesn't come off funny, if I don't laugh to make her feel good about herself then we won't get along. I really don't know whats the best course of action here.

Is my behavior for not liking girls who joke acceptable or am I a weirdo with no sense of humor?

1 - If you dont like unfunny girls its your problem that you need to work on

2 - the same thing can be said

But i think its good you judge by character and not by looks.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:
@GazaAli said:

I understand younger women are more attracted to guys who might not necessarily make good long-term partners or fathers, but that's often for reasons unrelated to the guy's sense of humor. I bet if you were to ask a group of couples who are happily married what attracted them to each other many of them would say their sense of humor.

Bear in mind that I'm examining this from a stereotypical point of view. As correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation, it's nonsensical to say some guys who don't make good long-term partners are so because they're funny; instead, I'm saying there's a high degree of correlation between the two, which is the rationale behind my premise. The actual cause maybe the infamous tertium quid: a third variable(s) that is/are causing both good sense of humor and inadequacy as a long-term partner.

Moreover, there are all kinds of couples who are together for different reasons. A sense of humor is definitely a popular and desirable trait to have in a relationship, but personally I like to think that my partner will be above that, not because there's something wrong with it, but because that's not the kind of relationship I'm looking for.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#64 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I never met a really funny girl. I may have laughed once or twice with something a girl said out of courtesy but I honestly dont find most girls "funny"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#65 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@Byshop said:

I'm half black and half Irish and I have two children, both boys. One day while I was driving home with family my wife turned to me and said "I just realized something. Between you and the two boys we have one whole black guy in the car."

This annoyed the hell out of me... because I hadn't thought of it first.

Women can certainly be funny.

-Byshop

Please finish the joke...

I'm eager to see how it ends

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

@Byshop said:
@garathe_den said:
@Byshop said:

-Byshop

I studied psychology

Yes, but who's the source? What research yielded these results?

-Byshop

I would have to go and dig up my old books in the garage, it's been years since then. Just a theory that has stuck with me although most of my psychology studies did, unlike mathematics. I would like to find those books again believe me.

TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

@Iszdope: I feel like you're a misanthrope too. Wanna hang out?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

If they say something that I don't find funny I won't laugh...unless it's really corny. Then I'll make fun of them for it. Then they take me back to their place.