What are weird things that you take out anger on?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -

If I get angry while I am eating, I tend to take out my anger on the food. I either chew furiously, or I grab the food and squish it. I am kind of an asshole.

I did the latter to a hot dog tonight. It fought back and it burned both my hands rather badly.

:P

What about you, OT? What are weird ways that you take out your anger?

#2 Posted by Iszdope (9641 posts) -

What's a "hot dot"?

#3 Edited by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

What's a "hot dot"?

lol sorry, a spelling error. I meant Hot Dog :P

#4 Posted by Iszdope (9641 posts) -

@Iszdope said:

What's a "hot dot"?

lol sorry, a spelling error. I meant Hot Dog :P

Bad dog!

#5 Posted by Korvus (3188 posts) -

@Iszdope: Kevlar is so angry he's chewing them as well as squeezing =P

#6 Posted by Iszdope (9641 posts) -

Steerike!!

#7 Edited by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

dafuq

#8 Posted by johnd13 (7982 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

lol I tried to find a hot dot picture to post and play it witty but you beat me to it :D

#9 Edited by Iszdope (9641 posts) -

Hippies.

#10 Posted by Korvus (3188 posts) -

@johnd13: Obviously, and with me being a moderator, if you had posted it before me I would have deleted your post... (Kidding =P)

#11 Posted by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -

God dammit, now i'm hungry for a hot dot.

#12 Posted by Korvus (3188 posts) -

@Kevlar101: Just don't burn your hands again... (seriously though, hope your hands are ok ^_^)

#13 Posted by Iszdope (9641 posts) -

What's a "hot dot"?

#14 Posted by Korvus (3188 posts) -
#15 Posted by Iszdope (9641 posts) -
#16 Posted by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@Kevlar101: Just don't burn your hands again... (seriously though, hope your hands are ok ^_^)

:P Don't feel pity for an asshole such as myself

#17 Posted by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -

This thread has taken a really weird turn and nobody has even contributed to the actual topic at hand lmao

#18 Posted by johnd13 (7982 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

:P Don't feel pity for an asshole such as myself

You're not an asshole kevlar. But because I am, get me a hot dog right now!

#19 Posted by Iszdope (9641 posts) -

Brains!!

#20 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12820 posts) -

I don't get angry at or take my anger out on inanimate objects. I don't throw controllers or curse at video games or anything. The only thing that really makes me angry are people. When that happens, I'm not ashamed to let the person know they've pissed me off, why I'm pissed off, and issue whatever ultimatum I feel necessary and appropriate.

I can be pretty intimidating when I need to be, both verbally and physically.

#21 Posted by johnd13 (7982 posts) -

This thread has taken a really weird turn and nobody has even contributed to the actual topic at hand lmao

Well I have nothing to contribute tbh. I don't really get angry and when I do I'm able to supress the feeling pretty easily.

#22 Posted by johnd13 (7982 posts) -

I don't get angry at or take my anger out on inanimate objects. I don't throw controllers or curse at video games or anything. The only thing that really makes me angry are people. When that happens, I'm not ashamed to let the person know they've pissed me off, why I'm pissed off, and issue whatever ultimatum I feel necessary and appropriate.

I can be pretty intimidating when I need to be, both verbally and physically.

lol I'd like to have someone like you by my side to oppose my shy nature.

#23 Posted by Korvus (3188 posts) -

You're right, let me contribute...I'm normally very good at controlling my anger but during my teenage years I went through a rough patch and I would often punch walls, doors (almost punched a window once...idiot) but after looking around my room one day and seeing the door/walls full of holes I decided to get my shit together and stop (not to mention it was lots of work repairing everything =P)

#24 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12820 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

Shyness isn't a virtue. You should work on that.

#25 Posted by johnd13 (7982 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

I agree. I'm definitely better in that regard compared to some years back. And I'm taking small steps to the right direction. But I'll need some time before openly reprimanding other people. :P

#26 Posted by Korvus (3188 posts) -

@johnd13 said:

I agree. I'm definitely better in that regard compared to some years back. And I'm taking small steps to the right direction. But I'll need some time before openly reprimanding other people. :P

Not everyone will be completely comfortable with calling people on their actions, but that's ok; tact beats bluntness almost every time.

Now please try not to let it go OT again, or @Kevlar101 will report me for derailing his thread and I'll lose my non-paying job XD

#27 Edited by br0kenrabbit (12820 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

tact beats bluntness almost every time.

There are lines in the sand...

#28 Posted by Wilfred_Owen (20833 posts) -

I spartan kick the neighbors children down the stairs. Other than that I'm good at controlling my anger.

#29 Posted by Korvus (3188 posts) -

There are lines in the sand...

I did say "almost" =P Sometimes people are just that thick and being subtle just doesn't work but it's way too easy for me to have a threatening body language and passive-aggressive language when upset so I try my best to avoid falling into it.

#30 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15913 posts) -

If it was summer, I'd mow the grass. Die! Blades of grass. Die! The whole lot of you! He he.

This winter? Shovel snow.

#31 Posted by Korvus (3188 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto: The Deranged Gardener....can also be spotted stabbing dead leaves with a rake during Fall...

#32 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15913 posts) -

@Korvus85 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: The Deranged Gardener....can also be spotted stabbing dead leaves with a rake during Fall...

Oh. That's me in autumn. ☺ These things are dreary chores which require a lot of motivation to get done. Of course when I'm angry, I already have a lot of motivation.

#33 Posted by Master_Live (14164 posts) -

I shout. Or make a mental note and will keep it in mind for the next time you need my help, that maybe in a few hours, a few days, a few months, maybe even years. But when that moment come, I will remember, you bet I will.

#34 Posted by plageus900 (993 posts) -

Sex.

I put on my Viking helmet and go to town.

#35 Edited by GreySeal9 (24054 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

@johnd13 said:

Oh brother. He didn't say it was. Also, there's nothing particularly wrong with a little shyness as long as it's not extreme.

#36 Posted by Praisedasun (444 posts) -

I bite my knee. When nobody is looking, of course.

#37 Posted by dave123321 (33755 posts) -

I would take it out with the trash

#38 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4074 posts) -

GameSpot forum users.

#39 Edited by Skyz_ (56 posts) -

I take it out on npc's. Or if I'm not in game, the wall.

#40 Edited by louisfoxton (1391 posts) -

when im mad i start playing GTA 5 and i kill everyone :D

#41 Posted by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -

when im mad i start playing GTA 5 and i kill everyone :D

What is your longest rampage?

My longest GTA rampage ever was yesterday. Using cheats, I caused chaos across the entirety of San Andreas for 3 hours straight. Invincibility, super run, super jump, super swim, flaming bullets and explosive bullets did the trick :P

#42 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I don't take my anger out on anyone or anything. I normally just go for a long walk to release steam.

#43 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

Being sick for the last 3 years, I don't have much control in my life. So when I do stuff I feel like I should have control, some times I get angry. Like being behind a slow driver, waiting in line for long periods, or getting camped in CoD or something else that's small.

#44 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9493 posts) -

I take my anger on my girl.................................................... while we are having sex

#45 Posted by br0kenrabbit (12820 posts) -

Oh brother. He didn't say it was. Also, there's nothing particularly wrong with a little shyness as long as it's not extreme.

And I didn't say that he said it is. I did, however, say that it isn't.

#46 Posted by lamprey263 (23096 posts) -

Probably other people, whether I realize it or not...

#47 Posted by louisfoxton (1391 posts) -

@Kevlar101: i Dont know maybe about 2 hours or so

#48 Posted by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -
#49 Posted by destinhpark (4700 posts) -

Wtf, no one in this thread is actually answering the question. TISK.

(I kid, I kid.)

Sometimes if I accidentally hit my head on a low ceiling, or stub my toe on a cabinet or something stupid like that, I take out frustration by hitting the object really hard with my fist, and get angry as if it was the furniture's fault.

#50 Edited by Kevlar101 (6052 posts) -

Wtf, no one in this thread is actually answering the question. TISK.

(I kid, I kid.)

Sometimes if I accidentally hit my head on a low ceiling, or stub my toe on a cabinet or something stupid like that, I take out frustration by hitting the object really hard with my fist, and get angry as if it was the furniture's fault.

I do the same lol.

If I hit my head on a cabinet door, I usually cuss at it (example: "FUCK YOU, CUNT!"), and then slam it really hard.

Stub my toe on a chair, bed, wall corner, etc.... I treat it like it was out to get me.