What are some good jobs that don't require college education?

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Guybrush_3 (8308 posts) -

Go into an apprenticeship. Either in electricity, plumbing, or heating and air condition. A lot of those dudes make hella bank.

Aljosa23

This is probably the most reliable way to make a decent living without going to college.

#52 Posted by lpjazzman220 (2248 posts) -

honest answer...and this is what i personally did so its not like im giving you advice i wouldnt take

the military...even with my 4 year degree i couldnt find a job that was better than part time minimum wage

sooo i joined the army...get paid a good bit more than minimum wage...get full benefits(for free) and if i decided to go back to college after my time is up...they're willing to pay up to 65k total for room/board+tuition and 1.2k/mo stipend

not to mention you can get a job in a field that youre not educated in nor have experience(they also give you college credits for any ait you attend) in as long as you have a high enough score on the asvab(which is incredibly simple if you can read and do mostly basic math)

also...contrary to popular belief...not all of the jobs in the military are combat jobs...so depending on the field you go into...the only time you'd see a weapon would be basic

just food for thought

#53 Posted by lpjazzman220 (2248 posts) -

I don' t really know how things in america work as I live in Europe but can' t you join the force (police)? Or maybe work as a security guard at a mall or museum or sth.

johnd13

most police/sherrif departments in america require you to have a 4 year degree in something law enforcement related...and they usually prefer prior experience(read: ex military police)

#54 Posted by The_Gaming_Baby (6337 posts) -

Branch Manager

#55 Posted by jeremiah06 (7169 posts) -
What type of physical condition are you in? Join the military or become a fireman... use your work experience plus any college credit you might have to see if you qualify as a parole officer...
#56 Posted by lonewolf604 (8532 posts) -
Become a looper. The problem is you might die in 30 years.
#57 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6695 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

Move to Norway.. we over pay uneducated people.

My grandpa brings in $120,000 a year or so as a painter, he quit school when he was like 12.

factory workers earn $25+/hour here

Storm_Marine

Bad news is that everything costs way more over there.

There's certain places you only move to if you've got a real career. Norway is, I think, one of them.

Couldn't be more wrong than you my friend. If you have a real caraeer, don't move to norway. Half of your income will go to tax, and you'll be forced to live high prices. plus you only earn the same as you would in UK or US. What makes Norway great are those who don't have a good career, factory workers, farmers, butchers, shopkeepers, assistants, waiters, chefs, painters, plumbers, carpenters, contruction workers, taxi drivers, bus drivers etc etc all the common people can still get a $60-80,000/year job. Like I said, my grandpa quit school before he even became a teenager and he charges $65 PER HOUR, yes PER HOUR as a painter. And works nearly every day (cos he loves his job). Can a U.S. painter afford a huge house, a huge cabin, a boat, a mercedes C220 etc? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt they charge $65/hour for painting your house. Now lets compare salaries of surgeons! US = $365,000 on average Norway = $120-$150,000 at best.. And 50% of that goes to tax and prices are 2 X of the USA nearly. My dad has an almost a tax free seven figure income (in USD) in Dubai, (Chief Talent Officer) if he had the same job in Norway he'd (on average) earn barely a six figure income. merely 1/10th. TL;DR: highly educated? move to a tax-free/low-tax country. Poorly educated? move to a place that taxes your a$$ for every dime you earn.
#58 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6621 posts) -
Unless you have connections youre fvcked TC. I guess you could become a mercenary
#59 Posted by edgewalker16 (2284 posts) -

Construction or UPS

#60 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

Rent boy

#61 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

either cop or military

#62 Posted by Storm_Marine (11931 posts) -

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="Mozelleple112"]

Move to Norway.. we over pay uneducated people.

My grandpa brings in $120,000 a year or so as a painter, he quit school when he was like 12.

factory workers earn $25+/hour here

Mozelleple112

Bad news is that everything costs way more over there.

There's certain places you only move to if you've got a real career. Norway is, I think, one of them.

Couldn't be more wrong than you my friend. If you have a real caraeer, don't move to norway. Half of your income will go to tax, and you'll be forced to live high prices. plus you only earn the same as you would in UK or US. What makes Norway great are those who don't have a good career, factory workers, farmers, butchers, shopkeepers, assistants, waiters, chefs, painters, plumbers, carpenters, contruction workers, taxi drivers, bus drivers etc etc all the common people can still get a $60-80,000/year job. Like I said, my grandpa quit school before he even became a teenager and he charges $65 PER HOUR, yes PER HOUR as a painter. And works nearly every day (cos he loves his job). Can a U.S. painter afford a huge house, a huge cabin, a boat, a mercedes C220 etc? I don't think so. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt they charge $65/hour for painting your house. Now lets compare salaries of surgeons! US = $365,000 on average Norway = $120-$150,000 at best.. And 50% of that goes to tax and prices are 2 X of the USA nearly. My dad has an almost a tax free seven figure income (in USD) in Dubai, (Chief Talent Officer) if he had the same job in Norway he'd (on average) earn barely a six figure income. merely 1/10th. TL;DR: highly educated? move to a tax-free/low-tax country. Poorly educated? move to a place that taxes your a$$ for every dime you earn.

Well I don't reccomend moving to Norway either way.

#63 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

Strippers make lots of money.