We're all that's left!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

@xdude85: I decided to explore that part of the forum for the first time ever having this account for like 4 or 5 years. I have never regretted something so much in my life.

Nothing beats insecure adults arguing over which piece of plastic is better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@magicalclick said:

Until GS stops China-like censorship, it doesn't not provide enough freedom to have honest discussions. It is not that there is not enough interesting topics. It is simply, you need conflicts to keep a debate alive. And you can't maintain a conflict when safe space defense force is right there ready to exercise its ban hammers. This gen is the most oppressive generation I have experienced. People no longer trying to enlighten another person over several pages to heated debates. They would rather shut other person up to satisfy their own self-righteousness. There are way more topics this gen due to instabilities around the world. But, no, they cannot be discussed with honest opinions, so, there is nothing to discuss.

The rules were a lot more strict back when the site was popular...

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

@MrGeezer said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Yeah, not a big fan of SW. But I haven't seen many of the usual OT suspects around in a good minute. There's a lot less people here than even just a couple of months ago.

It's a snowball effect. I'm still around, but I usually just stop by, see that no one's discussing anything, and then I don't discuss anything either. We could probably help revive the place if we were all more active in creating more discussions, it's just that I don't really want to. It's too much work, I'd rather just leech off of the discussions that other people are having.

Basically, this. Also it's finals time for most college kids so that keeps a lot of people pretty busy for a month or so.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@magicalclick said:

Until GS stops China-like censorship, it doesn't not provide enough freedom to have honest discussions. It is not that there is not enough interesting topics. It is simply, you need conflicts to keep a debate alive. And you can't maintain a conflict when safe space defense force is right there ready to exercise its ban hammers. This gen is the most oppressive generation I have experienced. People no longer trying to enlighten another person over several pages to heated debates. They would rather shut other person up to satisfy their own self-righteousness. There are way more topics this gen due to instabilities around the world. But, no, they cannot be discussed with honest opinions, so, there is nothing to discuss.

Wah wah wah. People here know that I'm a crotchety SOB and I'm crabby all the time. And I haven't been banned yet.

Do I have to try a LITTLE bit to avoid breaking the rules? Sure. But I don't have to try very hard, because it's actually pretty easy to speak one's mind here while not getting banned.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
@br0kenrabbit said:
@shadowchronicle said:

You know like how the unions were.

I bet the guy at GS who made the decision to kill unions is in the basement somewhere, in irons, with a barely filled water dish just out of reach.

I hope.

Who told you company secrets?

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#56 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

@xdude85 said:
@-paranorman- said:

@xdude85: I decided to explore that part of the forum for the first time ever having this account for like 4 or 5 years. I have never regretted something so much in my life.

HEY

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WHICH PIECE OF PLASTIC HAS BETTER GAMES TOO!

Don't be a meanie.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@horgen said:

I have my deliciously filthy ways.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 horgen  Moderator
@br0kenrabbit said:
@horgen said:

I have my deliciously filthy ways.

Bribery is only accepted with donuts.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

@intotheminx: True words indeed.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

@intotheminx said:

I'd also like to point out how new members are treated. I see many, including myself being skipped over because I'm not a familiar face. I can make a post..be skimmed over and someone more known can say the exact same thing and generate responses. If you want to live in the past and treat it like a cub house then you're watching this forum slowly die.

That's not true at all. It really doesn't matter if you are new or an old member, it does depends if the thread is interesting engaging discussion. I hardly make threads here in OT and I do get few replies depending what I'm talking about but here in OT, it has gotten slower over the past years before 2013 Gamespot revamp.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Site died years ago. Not like it used to be that's for sure.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Get ready for some fun in a few days you guys

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

@hitomo: No! This is Patrick! *Furiously turns off computer*

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Think we peaked in 2002

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@davillain- said:
@intotheminx said:

I'd also like to point out how new members are treated. I see many, including myself being skipped over because I'm not a familiar face. I can make a post..be skimmed over and someone more known can say the exact same thing and generate responses. If you want to live in the past and treat it like a cub house then you're watching this forum slowly die.

That's not true at all. It really doesn't matter if you are new or an old member, it does depends if the thread is interesting engaging discussion. I hardly make threads here in OT and I do get few replies depending what I'm talking about but here in OT, it has gotten slower over the past years before 2013 Gamespot revamp.

I quote people all the time and rarely get a response. On other forums that isn't a issue at all. Looking around, I see the same names consistently posting and engaging with one another. It is what it is. It's a small forum with a close knit group.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@intotheminx said:
@davillain- said:
@intotheminx said:

I quote people all the time and rarely get a response. On other forums that isn't a issue at all. Looking around, I see the same names consistently posting and engaging with one another. It is what it is. It's a small forum with a close knit group.

I'm guilty of that. Then again I mostly get "agreed" or "disagreed" responses. Can't really discuss much on that. But you are right about the few that constantly engage with one another.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@Celldrax said:

All I've really been seeing for the last while is just SJW feminist threads and other PC political crap.

I check back here pretty often, but rarely find anything interesting.

Cuz it seems like we are finally allowed to talk about it now. Unlike before you would get banned for not being a feminist SJW.

Anyways these forums have been dead for years now.

GS banned way too many people, they had to much censorship, and then made the site lame with the new lay out thats not very interactive with the community.

You would think with GT closing down that those people would maybe come over here, for atleast the gaming boards, but no, those boards are pretty dead as well.

But do you think GS is sad about this?

Hell no, like most websites for the last 5 years they started to regret communities, comments sections, forums, etc because for them they saw it as an ugly thing that they also had to monitor. If you havent noticed most website have limited their comments section and are not like they used to be with that type of community involvement/feedback.

I wouldnt be surprise if one day they have more restrictions and limits or even get rid of forums.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 KEND0_KAP0NI

@still_vicious said:
@Riverwolf007 said:

The moment they started removing comments on the dl without notifying, warning or suspending you was the moment they made it useless to try and have a converstion here.

Did not know they were doing that.

Was it assholes deleting opinion comments that they disagree with that didn't violate TOS?

lol they have been doing that for a while.

I remember a pro-feminist mod straight up deleted, not lock, just deleted a thread I made last summer (or the summer before), like 2 mins after it was made. No warning, no reasoning, the mod never identified him self, nothing.

I took it up with admins and I simply ask him why? they determind there was no reason since my thread was not hate speech, no bad language, it was discussion driven, and had no reason to be deleted. Simply the mod wanted to censor out whatever he doesnt like or triggers him, in this case not agreeing with feminism about a spider woman suit controversy.

They do it.

They'll censor stuff thats not just in violations of the TOU but things that mod personally doesnt like. And since they dont tell you anymore that you post has been flagged, you would never know unless you went back and checked.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI

@xdude85 said:

OT has been shit for years, it's not really a surprise no one posts here anymore.

The only really active forum on this site is System Wars, I only suggest going there if you really hate yourself.

SW is nothing like it used to be. You think OT has decline? SW is dust.

SW was by far the most active place by miles and so much fun was there to be had, so much arguments and conversations, so much beef and controversy. Threads would go to like 50+ pages in a matter of hours. New threads would last maybe 10 hours max in the front page. Now its boring as ****. And you have like 3- new crappy threads a day with a bunch of old shit from days/weeks ago still in the front page.

The culture died too. Both SW and OT had their culture and they are gone and no one talks like they used to either. When was the last time you saw a YLYL thread? we used to have those like every other day. OT marriages, bets in SW, etc.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts

Hmmm...

This is my first post here in at least 3-4 years, perhaps more. Every now and then I check in on the OT forums just see what's going on. It is kind of sad to see how sparsely populated it is compared to pre-2010ish or so. I was never much of a big poster, mainly a frequent lurker that occasionally posted. Guess that's how life goes in general, it tends to move in a certain direction for us all and somethings get left behind in the past. For this place, that appeared to happen for a lot of people at a similar time.

I have been oddly reminiscent lately. Back when I posted, non android/iOS portable gaming was still popular. In those years I went from being in high school to college. Now I've been graduated for almost four years, with a full time job, etc. Yet, here I am paying a small tribute to the fun years I had posting here, especially the late Friday and Saturday nights where I had nothing better to do.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 KEND0_KAP0NI

@dave123321 said:

Think we peaked in 2002

2011 was when the decline started. By 2013 it was dying fast.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 horgen  Moderator
@kend0_kap0ni said:
@xdude85 said:

OT has been shit for years, it's not really a surprise no one posts here anymore.

The only really active forum on this site is System Wars, I only suggest going there if you really hate yourself.

SW is nothing like it used to be. You think OT has decline? SW is dust.

SW was by far the most active place by miles and so much fun was there to be had, so much arguments and conversations, so much beef and controversy. Threads would go to like 50+ pages in a matter of hours. New threads would last maybe 10 hours max in the front page. Now its boring as ****. And you have like 3- new crappy threads a day with a bunch of old shit from days/weeks ago still in the front page.

The culture died too. Both SW and OT had their culture and they are gone and no one talks like they used to either. When was the last time you saw a YLYL thread? we used to have those like every other day. OT marriages, bets in SW, etc.

YLYL threads became overused, same as Post Your Picture. Once in a while they are good and can gather a lot of activity, but 3 times a week is to much.

Maedre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Maedre
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

Not surprised the community managers destroyed these forums. They seemed highly incompetent when I was a mod.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

You people, and your good ol days are so annoying. >=\

Mercenary848

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Mercenary848
Member since 2007 • 12139 Posts

The mods got lax and shit went to hell. We got what we wanted and well.......

hitomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#78 hitomo
Member since 2005 • 806 Posts

@zeroyaoi said:

fascists are anoying

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Celldrax said:

All I've really been seeing for the last while is just SJW feminist threads and other PC political crap.

I check back here pretty often, but rarely find anything interesting.

This. OT is where you go to lose brain cells now.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#80  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

it's become a cesspool, a bastion for unabashed Trump supporters who graduated libertarianism

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

i think we finally had our fill of girl help and religion topics

who would have thought it...

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

i wish i could relax a bit and post here regularly again. i miss doing that. bur life doesn't seem to be going to let me do so.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

@shadowchronicle said:
@xdude85 said:
@-paranorman- said:

HEY

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT WHICH PIECE OF PLASTIC HAS BETTER GAMES TOO!

Don't be a meanie.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts

@intotheminx said:

Although possibly an unpopular opinion (maybe because the problem is the feature might make this site feel too much like Facebook) still, this is why I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if a like feature was installed here, that way if no one really feels like responding to a post in particular, or they can't think of a good response, at least the post can still get liked.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Toph_Girl250

@still_vicious said:

It's cause they banned Airshocker.

Well yes that caused some frustration around here and more life being drained, but I think the biggest main issue here now that I think has been that way at least a few years now, is that this site has secretly been hi-jacked by Ted Cruz and Carly Fiorina. Or if not them, their henchmen.

Still_Vicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Still_Vicious
Member since 2016 • 319 Posts

@Toph_Girl250 said:
@still_vicious said:

It's cause they banned Airshocker.

Well yes that caused some frustration around here and more life being drained, but I think the biggest main issue here now that I think has been that way at least a few years now, is that this site has secretly been hi-jacked by Ted Cruz and Carly Fiorina. Or if not them, their henchmen.

I think it's the opposite side of the political spectrum with the PC ***** patrol.

Airshocker was banned for calling an ISIS supporter an idiot.

Still_Vicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Still_Vicious

@Mercenary848 said:

Did it get more lax though? between the 3 strike rule and the PC police it seems more strict than ever.

We can't even say certain swears anymore :'(

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SOedipus

@still_vicious said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Did it get more lax though? between the 3 strike rule and the PC police it seems more strict than ever.

Yes it did.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Toph_Girl250

@xdude85 said:

Yeah, used to visit SW from time to time, pretty much only posted in the lounge thread though, glad I don't do it anymore or go to SW in general, unfortunately it transformed into a place where I definitely feel its not worth my time.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Toph_Girl250

@SOedipus said:
@still_vicious said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Yes it did.

Lax rules? At this point I think a lot of users will disagree with that and claim that's smoke and mirrors.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#92 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38676 Posts

@magicalclick: but hitting a flag button doesn't do anything unless the people monitoring them take action..

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

@hitomo said:
@zeroyaoi said:

fascists are anoying

Said Stario....

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SOedipus

@Toph_Girl250 said:

Lax rules? At this point I think a lot of users will disagree with that and claim that's smoke and mirrors.

I wouldn't call it lax in general, just more so than it was when I joined. This place is predominantly pc and you can see it with some more prominent members but I don't think people are getting moderated for having different opinions...well I hope not.

Still_Vicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Still_Vicious

@Toph_Girl250 said:
@SOedipus said:
@still_vicious said:
@Mercenary848 said:

Yes it did.

It's more lax as long as you don't offend certain facist sjw mods.

Still_Vicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Still_Vicious

@SOedipus said:
@Toph_Girl250 said:

I wouldn't call it lax in general, just more so than it was when I joined. This place is predominantly pc and you can see it with some more prominent members but I don't think people are getting moderated for having different opinions...well I hope not.

I have been, it was a comment about a trans-gendered person that was clearly meant for discussion and not to offend. But we're not allowed to say things about certain groups. I even messaged the mod after I was modded telling them that, and was ignored. Not surprised, it's easier to ignore legitimate complaints than to ban people with different opinions.

Still_Vicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Still_Vicious

@magicalclick: I picture a lone mod being the last person on GS saying "now that everybody with offensive thoughts is gone this place is perfect......Hello!?".

If they don't grow up and accept that people have opinions that's going to be the future while everybody just goes to Reddit or whatnot.

I feel that if the owners of GS new how many people have left because of the toxic culture the PC mods have created there would be some heavy administrative gutting. GS owners care about ad revenue, and when so many heavy users banned or leaving that means that ad space is worth less and less.