We need remake on Heavy Metal 2000.

#1 Posted by magicalclick (22453 posts) -

I am watching Heavy Metal 2000, and it is so epic. Everything screaming Total Recall and more. We need the same old school filming techniques. No blue screen. Just real makeups. Real props. And raw raw raw!!!!! This movie would be so so soooooo epic with muscle guy as the villan, cute bear guy as his right hand, and of course, the girls!!!!

And totally keep it R R R!!!!

#2 Posted by lamprey263 (23201 posts) -

well, I thought Heavy Metal's original appeal was it's cool and mature and edgy nature, which really isn't unique these days, they're gonna have to turn up the heat to bring it back to prominence

#3 Edited by bforrester420 (1368 posts) -

I don't remember Heavy Metal. The only time I watched it I wasmy freshman year of college...on acid...17 years ago. The only part I really remember were the aliens with the machine that laid the two lines of coke.

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (7865 posts) -

I watched it when I was about 11 or something. The thing I remember wasnt the boobs but some god like evil gas? Or some shit. World War pilots becoming reanimated? Very vague.

#5 Posted by magicalclick (22453 posts) -

I am not sure you guys watched the same movie. It is Heavy Metal 2000. It is an animation. And the bad guy has the key to open the door for immortality. With cute taking rock.

#6 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14401 posts) -

@magicalclick: in other words, the mediocre "sequel" to the animated sci-fi anthology movie that originally came out in 1981.

They were going to make a third film but it's been in development hell for years.

#7 Posted by lightleggy (15909 posts) -

I think heavy metal was pretty shitty, even the first film. Animation and art style was horrible and there was too much focus on sexual shit just to be edgy.

#8 Edited by tocool340 (20487 posts) -

Yeah, I prefer they attempt to make a new one, but follow the formula of the original instead of recreating that garbage sequel...

#9 Posted by WolfgarTheQuiet (271 posts) -

Some things are not meant to be remade :)

#10 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (14401 posts) -

Yeah, I prefer they attempt to make a new one, but follow the formula of the original instead of recreating that garbage sequel...

Apparently, David Fincher and James Cameron were suppose to executive produce a third animated film, with having different directors for various segments--Guillermo del Toro, Gore Verbinsky and Zach Snyder were attached at one point. However, production went dead when Paramount (which was initially attached to distribute) decided to pass on it.

Now, Robert Rodriguez currently holds the film rights and said he's planning on making it. However, given that his latest film, Sin CIty: A Dame to Kill For has died a grisly death at the box office, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

#11 Edited by indzman (17258 posts) -

I played the video game Heavy Metal Fakk2, rubbish.

#12 Posted by magicalclick (22453 posts) -

Wahhh.... I think the film is so epic. Too bad people dislike it. I think the whole thing is great, just need real actors.

#13 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (14401 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

Wahhh.... I think the film is so epic. Too bad people dislike it. I think the whole thing is great, just need real actors.

The movies are based of a adults only sci-fi comic series that's been around since the 1970s, The reason the movies are animated is to use each artist's visual style in telling the story...not to mention that it's an anthology series. Using just one story--and a forgetable one at that--not only defeats the purpose of using the source material, but turns it into another mediocre late-night cable sci-f movie. There was a reason the second movie was released direct-to video.

#14 Posted by magicalclick (22453 posts) -

I agree somewhat. I can tell there are several presentation styles together, total recall, water world, blade runner, evil dead 3, and etc.

And I agree the animation isn't all that great.

But, that's just a budget issue. With more budgets, keeping it 90s epicness, real actors, real props. I think it will be amazing.

This movie can be so much more. I imagine it, and it is amazing. Way better than recent remakes with blue screen and un-epic story lines.

#15 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23537 posts) -

other than the sweet kevin eastman art direction i pretty much hated that movie.