We are never going out of style

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JoeRatz16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By JoeRatz16
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

A few weeks ago - about a month ago - I was on my way to school to drop off some paper work, and on the radio I heard a song called "Style", the refrain - is that what the main line is called? - of which goes "we never go out of style" and at first I was envisioning silly things while hearing the song, namely Malcolm Merlyn catching arrows and Ra's al Ghul catching a knife. Then I began to envision something a little more stylistic and apt to the song: Benedict XVI wearing the Capello Romano

And I began to remember how one time a couple years ago, I was with my mom and my sister picking up some take out from the local 99 restaurant and there was a group of young priests or seminarians walking into the restaurant and they were wearing capelli Romani similar to the one Benedict would wear from time to time (though pope's wear a red hat, the one for priests is black) and how my mother and sister were talking about how they liked the way the hats looked. And I remembered how I had previously heard and read about how Benedict XVI would occasionally wear more traditional clerical dress like the Capello Romano that had fallen out of style in recent decades and how his doing so was bringing about somewhat of a revival of those items among younger priests. And remembering that, while hearing the song "style" - although I couldn't really hear it since the car was moving on the highway and the windows were open so I mostly just heard wind - I was reminded of a quote from a pope - I thought it was John Paul II but after researching on Google, it looks like it was by Paul VI - that says "the Church is ever young" and I felt reassured. I began to think of how the Church is growing in Africa and Asia, and that despite the growth of secularism in Europe and America. And I realized that Christianity will always remain. Styles, fashions, political movements, aye! even nation states, will come and go, but the Christian faith and the Christian people will endure; despite the challenges and throughout the vicissitudes of history, no matter what the world may throw at us, in the end we never go out of style.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

It grows sure, in direct correlation with a depreciation of hope : ) x