WAYR: RIP Vince Flynn edition.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by airshocker (29040 posts) -

Not sure if many people know this but Vince Flynn passed away today after a fight with prostate cancer. He's known for his excellent Mitch Rapp series and for the stand-alone book in that same universe, Term Limits. So in honor of this great author, what are you guys reading?

Since I took a break from his Mitch Rapp series I've decided to go back and start reading American Assassin.

#2 Posted by solidruss (23704 posts) -

Wow, that's sad to hear, and at age 47, very young still

RIP :(

#3 Posted by airshocker (29040 posts) -

Wow, that's sad to hear, and at age 47, very young still

RIP :(

solidruss

Way too young. :(

#4 Posted by Lord_Daemon (24233 posts) -

zxccv

Just finished up 'The Searchers - The Making of an American Legend' last night and it was pretty damn good reading. The chapters dealing with the actual events the movie was based on weren't obviously quite as thorough as 'Empire of the Summer Moon'. But it did add some interesting and sobering points as well as dig into all the aspects that came together to make the film. 

#5 Posted by osirisx3 (1756 posts) -

dying is lame

#6 Posted by airshocker (29040 posts) -

dying is lame

osirisx3

I normally don't like you but I'll agree with this.

#7 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
I just started reading "A Feast For Crows" the other day. About 50 or so pages in.
#8 Posted by Stesilaus (3301 posts) -

I don't really enjoy reading books.

I prefer burning them.

:|

#9 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
Only 47 too. Cancer really affects everyone. My girlfriend friend is struggling with leukemia and shes only 19yo. I have been an active volunteer for American Cancer Society for many years and met the head ACS person for the UMASS hospitals. it seems that there have been some big budging issues a few years back
#10 Posted by Gorillanator (784 posts) -

I haven't read any Vince Flynn books. I may have to check some of those out.

Anyway, I've been reading a lot of Mark Twain lately. I got a big book of Twain that'll probably take me a while to read.