Warhammer 40K universe explain.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlmostUndead
Member since 2006 • 1673 Posts

I looked up the Tau Empire on wiki a couple of days ago, and I started to get interested in the 40K universe, is there anything that you could explain to me what the universe is completely about?

I love SciFi stuff like Star Wars, Star Trek, Farscape, Alien Nation and so on. So it shouldn't be to hard for me to understand.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts
This would be more fit in PC gaming but idk the whole story cause ive only played one of the games :(
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

This would be more fit in PC gaming but idk the whole story cause ive only played one of the games :(MrLions

Actually, since he's asking about the WH40K universe in general, it doesn't have to go there, especially since its a table-top game in origin.

TC, Wikipedia is a good place to start to learn about Warhammer 40K lore. They have articles on every race and the history of the galaxy.

Siofen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Siofen
Member since 2008 • 987 Posts
Eh I'd recommend getting into other universes, the warhammer:40k games are great fun, but I've always thought everything was too bloated and overpowered concerning the theme.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_Ish

Eh I'd recommend getting into other universes, the warhammer:40k games are great fun, but I've always thought everything was too bloated and overpowered concerning the theme. Siofen

:|

AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlmostUndead

[QUOTE="MrLions"]This would be more fit in PC gaming but idk the whole story cause ive only played one of the games :(The_Ish

Actually, since he's asking about the WH40K universe in general, it doesn't have to go there, especially since its a table-top game in origin.

TC, Wikipedia is a good place to start to learn about Warhammer 40K lore. They have articles on every race and the history of the galaxy.

Yeah, but I just thought people would give me better answers then wiki.

AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AlmostUndead

Eh I'd recommend getting into other universes, the warhammer:40k games are great fun, but I've always thought everything was too bloated and overpowered concerning the theme. Siofen

But you got to think this is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY into the future.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Everything in the game's universe is so grossly overpowered that if you were to bring anything else in from any other universe, a 40K grunt soldier would slaughter them. Oh yes and... Tyranids FTW!
FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts
I'd only get involved in Warhammer if you have stacks of money your sick of burning.
AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AlmostUndead
It's mostly the story I want to get into, I'd like to know more about it.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Ish

Yeah, but I just thought people would give me better answers then wiki.

AlmostUndead

Well, did you expect thorough, several paged answerds from us like the ones you would find in Wikipedia? :?

I mean, Wikipedia will pretty much give you the meat and potatoes, you should have come to use for the finer points.

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blooddemon666
Member since 2003 • 22587 Posts
the warhammer 40k universe is pretty good... just way too many factions >___>
artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
It's complicated. But it's definately worth looking into, you should try reading some of the books.
AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AlmostUndead
Ok, here is one question, why are they all at war? Who is factioned with who?
blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blooddemon666

It's complicated. But it's definately worth looking into, you should try reading some of the books.artichoke

what would be a good "intro" book or series? I know there are a lot of books in the W40K universe

blooddemon666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blooddemon666
I found this site that has some pretty good info
AlmostUndead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AlmostUndead

I found this site that has some pretty good infoblooddemon666

Thanks ^_^.

Also is the Expansion coming out going to have ALL of the games in one, since it's a stand alone.

ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

[QUOTE="blooddemon666"]I found this site that has some pretty good infoAlmostUndead

Thanks ^_^.

Also is the Expansion coming out going to have ALL of the games in one, since it's a stand alone.

Not the old campaigns.

If you wanna play the old campaigns, and have access to the other races for online play, then you have to get the rest, you can still be Dark Eldar and SoB online though.

Trathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Trathen
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts

WH40K is a really cool universe especially if you like Xenophobic Stalinistic governments mixed with over the top Sci-FI action. The universe itself is as expansive as Star wars which is saying something. The best place to get a good idea would be either wikipedia or some of the books that the black library produces. and yes the expansion is going to have all the factions ins ingle player but only the new factions for multiplayer but you can get all the games off steam for $30 or about the same price at the store with the platinum package. To explain the entire armies and all their reasons for fighting woudl take forever the best way to start that i know of is to look up the emperor of mankind on wikipedia and progress from there, it pretty much gives youa good idea of why the imperium is trying to fight and that is about 4-5 factions right there.

As for a starting book I would say the Dawn of war series because it relates directly to the events in the games. but no doubt there are others its really a matter of which side you want to hear about the most but unfortunately for some people most books are about space marines.

mfsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mfsa
Member since 2007 • 3328 Posts

Dan Abnett is just about the only good writer writing for the Black Library. Try Eisenhorn or Gaunt's Ghosts if you want a good introduction novel to the universe.

For general info, just read up at Wikipedia or on the Games Workshop site.

OrksFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OrksFTW
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
all of the factions are at war with each other except sisters of battle, imperial guards, space marines, witch hunters,daemon hunters which all are part of the emperors army and there at war becuase they all want the universe or to just preserve their race