Walking Dead season 4 finale discussion!

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

I don't mean to crowd OT with a second WD thread, but considering the other one has a crap ton of links in the OP that make me believe it is a spam thread, I decided to make a proper thread for this.

Who all is watching? So far, Rick has made this episode pretty excellent. Easily one of the most badass moments of the show!

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

These last few episodes kinda sucked in terms of making the finale seem worth it. This finale episode should have been the episode before the finale. 6/10

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LostProphetFLCL

@4myAmuzumament said:

These last few episodes kinda sucked in terms of making the finale seem worth it. This finale episode should have been the episode before the finale. 6/10

Yeah. While I really liked the episode, it pissed me off as a finale. Seriously GIGANTIC cliffhanger and on top of that there are a few characters whom we haven't seen in at least a couple episodes so we literally have no fucking clue what happened to them which is huge considering how Beth disappeared....

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

That last line was very cheesy.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

The last 3 episodes have been fantastic, particularly 2 episodes ago involving Lizzy. I knew shit was going to go down and Terminus was not a good place, but damn I wasn't expecting that. I love when seasons end on cliff hangers, don't ask me why but I just do. It has me looking forward to the next season. Should be good, especially considering everyone is finally back together. (well pretty much everyone).

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

Glad Rick seems to be back and ready to lead. Hopefully Carl will be a little less...Carl-ish next season as he'll be be older. lol

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

he says that in the comic except more vulgar

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LostProphetFLCL

@Flubbbs said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

They were mentioning on the talking dead how the scene with the claimed group was in the comic but I couldn't find the claimed group in the list of Walking Dead comic characters on wikipedia. I am curious to learn what this group was like in the comic. Any knowledge on the subject?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

for the longest time, the show was taking a lot of nods from the western genre with how they depict rick as a law bringer (a symbol, really) and they've slowly made him more of an individual. now he seems to be more like the rick in the comics (just started reading them, so i haven't caught up to where the show is at yet) in that he might snap if the wrong button is pushed. still, the black and white visuals and the really stylized lighting of the comics are so important in bringing that aspect of the characters' personalities and the show doesn't really have either in its range. i'll be interested in seeing where the show goes from here. but yeah, i thought that last line was pretty weak too :P

anyway, my guess about terminus is that it's a cannibal colony and that nobody should be trusting mary's barbeque. when the group was running around, they passed a pile of skeletons. perhaps they only keep their victims alive to be like cattle since refrigeration and curing are likely hard to come by.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Flubbbs said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

They were mentioning on the talking dead how the scene with the claimed group was in the comic but I couldn't find the claimed group in the list of Walking Dead comic characters on wikipedia. I am curious to learn what this group was like in the comic. Any knowledge on the subject?

i was thinking they were the marauders in the comic book?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@4myAmuzumament said:

This finale episode should have been the episode before the finale.

Pretty much this^. It was a good episode, but I expected a lot more.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LostProphetFLCL

@Flubbbs said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@Flubbbs said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

i was thinking they were the marauders in the comic book?

I looked up "Walking Dead marauders" and I definitely think the claimed group is the marauders. They just went ahead and gave them names for the show and fleshed them out a little more. Guessing they aren't listed in the character wiki as it sounds like they were kind of a random incident rather than a group that was around for a minute.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

JUST CONFIRMED: Beth will be revealed to had been abducted by a character played by Jason Statham. At the next mid season finale, Beth will go to Terminus after learning of their cannibalism after Statham is revealed to had been studying Terminus for a few months. She walks in there and unleashes hell with 3 grenades, an AK-47, and the rest of the cast of the Expendables and accidentally blow up Rick, Carl, and the rest of her cast. The show will continue with the cast for the Expendables trying to bring a new scientist to Washington who also knows how the outbreak happened. The scientist will be played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts

Spoilers**

Only good moment for me was Rick's bite. The ending had me on edge but disappointed me.

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

It was good, but they could have progressed the story a little more before finishing the season.

Also, wouldn't it have been better for Rick to leave someone behind to keep an eye on them before entering the "sanctuary"? It would have made their current situation a bit easier.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LoG-Sacrament

@-paranorman- said:

JUST CONFIRMED: Beth will be revealed to had been abducted by a character played by Jason Statham. At the next mid season finale, Beth will go to Terminus after learning of their cannibalism after Statham is revealed to had been studying Terminus for a few months. She walks in there and unleashes hell with 3 grenades, an AK-47, and the rest of the cast of the Expendables and accidentally blow up Rick, Carl, and the rest of her cast. The show will continue with the cast for the Expendables trying to bring a new scientist to Washington who also knows how the outbreak happened. The scientist will be played by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

link?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

god damnit i hate season finale cliffhangers

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I expected more.

Do we have any proof the people of Terminus are cannibals? All I saw was their people wearing the main groups' stuff and serving some kind of mystery meat.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By LoG-Sacrament

@Boddicker said:

I expected more.

Do we have any proof the people of Terminus are cannibals? All I saw was their people wearing the main groups' stuff and serving some kind of mystery meat.

no proof (although i'd guess the comics would be a big hint if somebody has read them), but it seems to make the most sense. there was a pile of skeletons in terminus that seemed like they could have been stripped for meat. there was plenty of vegetation but no sign of traditional livestock to supply the meat they were cooking.

also, the guards were very reluctant to shoot anyone from ricks group. either they had the worst case of "bad guy aim" ever or they wanted them alive for a reason. keeping people alive to harvest later (instead of slaughtering them all immediately and having their meat rot) could explain it.

so, yeah, cheery post.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Boddicker

@LoG-Sacrament said:

@Boddicker said:

I expected more.

no proof (although i'd guess the comics would be a big hint if somebody has read them), but it seems to make the most sense. there was a pile of skeletons in terminus that seemed like they could have been stripped for meat. there was plenty of vegetation but no sign of traditional livestock to supply the meat they were cooking.

also, the guards were very reluctant to shoot anyone from ricks group. either they had the worst case of "bad guy aim" ever or they wanted them alive for a reason. keeping people alive to harvest later (instead of slaughtering them all immediately and having their meat rot) could explain it.

so, yeah, cheery post.

It was obvious to me that they were being herded by the gunfire.

That room with the candles was creepy. And was there obviously human bones like skulls in the pile of bones?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LoG-Sacrament

@Boddicker said:

@LoG-Sacrament said:

@Boddicker said:

I expected more.

so, yeah, cheery post.

It was obvious to me that they were being herded by the gunfire.

That room with the candles was creepy. And was there obviously human bones like skulls in the pile of bones?

they were definitely human bones.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Boddicker

@Pirate700 said:

Glad Rick seems to be back and ready to lead. Hopefully Carl will be a little less...Carl-ish next season as he'll be be older. lol

I actually hope Carl dies.

I'm tired of his shit.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

Anyone else noticed this?

There's a Radio In Terminus
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Ricks "attack".

Holy Fucking Shit.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#25 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The part with Joe and the gang was great, the last part with Terminus was all right but more should have been done. As others have said, it felt like the second to last episode of the season, rather than the last.

In other words, it followed the Waling Dead trend of having its moments but ultimately being a bit of a letdown. Still, I think it was the strongest finale in the series (especially compared to the abysmal season 3 finale) and a good episode overall. If Terminus turns out like everyone thinks, I like that they are finally doing something totally different from the way the comics did things. (as in Terminus replacing the Hunters).

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@Boddicker said:

@Pirate700 said:

I'm tired of his shit.

I won't spoil exactly what, but I will say that, if the shows follows the comics, something very, very fucked up is going to happen to Carl next season.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@f22_king_raptor said:

Anyone else noticed this?

Nice catch. I wonder if it was intentional.

Pretty underwhelming finale. That scene was well done, and pretty much the only positive of the episode.

Can't believe how dumb the survivors are. From Eugene shooting like an idiot, instead of driving the truck, running towards the other survivors, or at the very least getting on the back of the truck. Which looked high enough for the zombies to climb, haven't seen one of them climb anything so far... or I don't remember. What about Daryl who decided to hold up on someones house, that was recently stocked, and without a care in the world opens the door in the middle of the night(in a post apocalyptic world filled with zombies) without looking through the window to see if it its the guy(who might be hostile) that was using the house or some walkers... but where is the fun in that.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

The part with Joe and the gang was great, the last part with Terminus was all right but more should have been done. As others have said, it felt like the second to last episode of the season, rather than the last.

In other words, it followed the Waling Dead trend of having its moments but ultimately being a bit of a letdown. Still, I think it was the strongest finale in the series (especially compared to the abysmal season 3 finale) and a good episode overall. If Terminus turns out like everyone thinks, I like that they are finally doing something totally different from the way the comics did things. (as in Terminus replacing the Hunters).

I just hope they don't stretch out the hunters story line across half of season 5 or something..

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Boddicker

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Boddicker said:

@Pirate700 said:

I'm tired of his shit.

I won't spoil exactly what, but I will say that, if the shows follows the comics, something very, very fucked up is going to happen to Carl next season.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!

I'm so tired of Carl's bullshit and "acting."

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I enjoyed it for the most part but to me season 4 has been weird and really never felt like it's own season at all.

Pretty much the whole first half of this season was really just and extension of Season 3, all to lead up to the amazing mid-season finale that was "Too Far Gone". The problem was that "Too Far Gone" WASN'T a mid-season finale, it was the real Season 3 finale, it had everything, the death of the Governor, the loss of Hershel and the Prison, but also left us questions like where is everyone, where do they go now, did Judith survive? Good questions for a Finale.

The problem was though, because "Too Far Gone" had all this, "A" couldn't. To me, "A" was the exact opposite as it felt more like a mid-season finale than an actual finale, yeah it resolved the dispute with Joe's group, but they really only served the purpose of getting Daryl back with Rick, they where fodder from the start. Now thought they've given us a ton of questions, Who are Terminus and why are they trapping people (probably the Hunters from the comics, but it's still not technically confirmed), who took Beth and is she alive, and where are Ty, Carol and Judith in all this, three big questions and yet no answers, which is, IMO, better for a mid-season finale because you only have to wait a month or two so the questions are still somewhat fresh in your mind, where as the gap between actual seasons is much larger.

On the whole, as an episode by itself I think it was great, it even would have worked well as a mid-season finale, but as the actual finale for the season, when you compare it to say the season 2 finale, with the Walkers swarming the Farm, or even the season 3 finale with the Governor's attack on the prison and Andrea's death it's not up there on either an action or emotional scale, and for me personally, aside from Rick biting Joe's neck, the best parts of this episode where the flashbacks to the time between seasons 3 and 4.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 turtlethetaffer

@harry_james_pot said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

I just hope they don't stretch out the hunters story line across half of season 5 or something..

I agree. Part of what made the 3rd finale so disappointing is that the Governor storyline should have been wrapped up with that episode. The fact that they drew it out was really bad. I mean the final confrontation was still really good but they were clearly padding for time. Hopefully the Terminus thing sorts itself out in only a few episodes.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 turtlethetaffer

@Boddicker said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Boddicker said:

@Pirate700 said:

I'm tired of his shit.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!

Well, he'll still be alive. Think about it: Carl is ultimately Rick's only motivation for living. Without him, there's no Rick and without rick there's no show (unless the writers are feeling especially ballsy and are willing to change the show that much). I thought Carl was a lot better this season than in the past. Let's put it this way; I never really wanted Carl to die in this season, but in season 2 (which was god awful until the two action packed episodes in the middle and the final two episodes) I wanted the little shit to get his face eaten off whenever I was on screen.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I thought the finale was YUMMY.

"People become a part of us. We get stronger." - Terminus Alex

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By spike6958

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Boddicker said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Boddicker said:

@Pirate700 said:

I'm tired of his shit.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!

Well, he'll still be alive. Think about it: Carl is ultimately Rick's only motivation for living. Without him, there's no Rick and without rick there's no show (unless the writers are feeling especially ballsy and are willing to change the show that much). I thought Carl was a lot better this season than in the past. Let's put it this way; I never really wanted Carl to die in this season, but in season 2 (which was god awful until the two action packed episodes in the middle and the final two episodes) I wanted the little shit to get his face eaten off whenever I was on screen.

I assume you're talking about when Carl get's shot in the head and loses his eye and his memory I don't think we'll be seeing that next season. In fact I doubt we'll even see the Alexandria Safe Zone until the finale of season 5, possibly later if they keep adding there own unique story lines into the mix rather than solely following the comics. From the set-up, Terminus is very likely to get most, if not all of the first half of season 5, because first off, Terminus seems to have a lot of guys, when Ricks group makes there escape they'll need to be quick and quiet, there are too many people in Terminus for them to be able to get out guns blazing, but knowing them, they won't be willing to leave people like them alive (especially if they are the Hunters), they'll want to get out, grab that bag of guns and then try and wipe them out and free the other people trapped there, we also can't really leave the Terminus story arc until we reunite with Tyreese, Carol and Judith, and find out the fate of Beth, and while it's probably all stuff that could be done in two or three episodes, they'll probably stretch it across 5 or 6 with two episodes of breathing room for them to recover from everything that has happened and then start the long trip towards DC, with them on the road been the main focus of the second half.

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By LostProphetFLCL

@turtlethetaffer said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

I agree. Part of what made the 3rd finale so disappointing is that the Governor storyline should have been wrapped up with that episode. The fact that they drew it out was really bad. I mean the final confrontation was still really good but they were clearly padding for time. Hopefully the Terminus thing sorts itself out in only a few episodes.

Totally agree here.

I guess I have that bad pacing decision to thank for the first half of season 4 (which was amazing, and in general this season has been my favorite yet) but I definitely felt that season 3 finale was a giant letdown mainly because of how the Governor saga wasn't done.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Can someone explain to me the significance of the pocket watch that caused Rick hold the person in Terminus hostage?

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LostProphetFLCL

@DarkGamer007 said:

Can someone explain to me the significance of the pocket watch that caused Rick hold the person in Terminus hostage?

Rick knew Glenn had gotten that watch from Hershel as a gift.

If you pay attention to that scene, you can see a bunch of the Terminus people wearing clothing from other survivors as well.

WestSideAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WestSideAzn
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts

The last episode in general dragged on. I was expecting to see a lot of chaos and action, but it ended up feeling like "just another episode."

I hope the new Terminus saga brings better adventures.

P.S. I think they're Cannibals lying in wait.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Walking dead feels like it has split personality this season. Some great episodes some not so much

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

"They have no idea who their missing with"

i thought it was epic! i liked the episode and dude Rick was too badass thats like Kratos level of badass.. now it seems like this new place they got into has people who eat humans? the showed the cooked meat way too much and in two episodes and there was a quick scene for human bones so do they eat..humans? if so i hope the group destroy them so very bad

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Personally didn't like the idea of "Cannibalism" !

Finale was good but expecting much more .....just don't drag it on !

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#42 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Don't even know why I bother with it anymore. Has been going downhill since season 2. Every episode is 90% filler.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#43 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

I didn't the last episode was that great, kind of knew that was going to happen after the halfway point of the episode

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#44 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I was always excited to watch more TWD but this season was really killing it for me...I almost gave up the show entirely during the Daryl/Beth episodes...the last 3 eps though, were pretty ok. I don't have any problems with the finale; it wasn't the most unexpected thing in the world but it was still enjoyable. Let's see how the herd...sorry, the group, deals with things next season.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

It was a good episode. The Terminus people seemed a little creepy from the beginning. If they wanted the group dead then they had all the chances in the world to do it. My guess as others have said is cannibalism and some weird rituals(that's probably what the candles were meant for). We haven't seen Tyrese and Carol yet so I'm going to assume that they will show up and help somehow the group to escape and fight back. Also, the guns that Rick hid outside the fence will probably come in handy later.

I don't mind cliffhangers as they make the wait more intense but the ending was kinda abrupt and with no word as to the fate of Beth. Initially I thought it might have been people from the Terminus who kidnapped her but we can't be sure right now. In any way, I look forward to season 5.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 turtlethetaffer

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

Totally agree here.

I guess I have that bad pacing decision to thank for the first half of season 4 (which was amazing, and in general this season has been my favorite yet) but I definitely felt that season 3 finale was a giant letdown mainly because of how the Governor saga wasn't done.

I think as a whole, Season 3 was the best (had the most action and drama) but the finale was really bad. Season 4 was really good for the most part, but again they didn't finish a plot line which is disappointing.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 turtlethetaffer

@spike6958 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Boddicker said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Boddicker said:

@Pirate700 said:

I'm tired of his shit.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!

I assume you're talking about when Carl get's shot in the head and loses his eye and his memory I don't think we'll be seeing that next season. In fact I doubt we'll even see the Alexandria Safe Zone until the finale of season 5, possibly later if they keep adding there own unique story lines into the mix rather than solely following the comics. From the set-up, Terminus is very likely to get most, if not all of the first half of season 5, because first off, Terminus seems to have a lot of guys, when Ricks group makes there escape they'll need to be quick and quiet, there are too many people in Terminus for them to be able to get out guns blazing, but knowing them, they won't be willing to leave people like them alive (especially if they are the Hunters), they'll want to get out, grab that bag of guns and then try and wipe them out and free the other people trapped there, we also can't really leave the Terminus story arc until we reunite with Tyreese, Carol and Judith, and find out the fate of Beth, and while it's probably all stuff that could be done in two or three episodes, they'll probably stretch it across 5 or 6 with two episodes of breathing room for them to recover from everything that has happened and then start the long trip towards DC, with them on the road been the main focus of the second half.

I would be inclined to agree with you, but every time I thought the show was veering away from the comics, they brought it back on that same track. What I'm referring to (and yes you guessed correctly) could still very well happen this season. It would definitely cause a lot of drama and buzz about the show.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By spike6958

@turtlethetaffer said:

@spike6958 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Boddicker said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

@Boddicker said:

@Pirate700 said:

I'm tired of his shit.

YESSSSS!!!!!!!

I would be inclined to agree with you, but every time I thought the show was veering away from the comics, they brought it back on that same track. What I'm referring to (and yes you guessed correctly) could still very well happen this season. It would definitely cause a lot of drama and buzz about the show.

Oh, I agree it would, but it to me seems like it'll be more likely to be done in season 6 rather than 5. I just think it's maybe too much to expect them to get that far in season 5, when season 4 has been moving so slowly. As I said, the first half will be them vs terminus, there's been far too much of a build up for them to be only a few episodes, and the second half will be the trip to DC and probably finding Alexandrea at the very end. This part with Carl, if they actually do it, will probably be the mid-season finale for season 6.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 turtlethetaffer

@spike6958: Yeah that makes sense. the show is still fairly slow paced, but hey, at least they;ve found excuses to actually kill zombies in every episode (unlike the dreadful season 2).

LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LostProphetFLCL

@turtlethetaffer said:

I think as a whole, Season 3 was the best (had the most action and drama) but the finale was really bad. Season 4 was really good for the most part, but again they didn't finish a plot line which is disappointing.

My issue was that while season 3 had a good first half, it had the weakest mid-season finale and then completely fell off during the second half. There was literally only one good episode in the entire second half (the one where we see Morgan again). They could have easily done without the entire second half of season 3 I feel.

Season 4 on the other hand had an absolutely AMAZING first half and had a very solid second half on top of that finishing with what has been the best season finale yet (the season finales haven't been too great. Mid-season finale's are where it's at!). It has at least a couple of episodes (Internment and Too Far Gone. The Grove was also great) that I would consider to be the best of the series and the other episodes have been a tad less filler-ish I felt like.