Valkyria Chronicles Anime

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

Has anybody watched the Valkyria Chronicles anime (based on the game with the same name)? If so, is it any good and do you recommend it?

I would like to add this: NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
From what I heard they changed a bunch of stuff from the game, most of which for the worse. As a fan of the game's story, I have no interest in seeing it.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#3 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="shoryuken_"]

Has anybody watched the Valkyria Chronicles anime (based on the game with the same name)? If so, is it any good and do you recommend it?

I would like to add this: NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

It isn't based on the game it is based on the manga, it is nowhere near as good as the story in the game. Alicia is pretty much the main character and I have seen the first seven episodes and the show seems dedicated to making you hate her. Welkin is ok but not as good as the game and everyone else is useless so far. I never thought I would be upset something is based on the manga over the game....
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

thanks guys :)

Recklessdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Recklessdude
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

i have to disagree. Though the anime starts off quite slow, it builds up eventually. If you played the game, ull find the anime freakin awesome. Trust. I watch a lot of anime and this one is good. Obviously some stuff is changed but not much. For the most part it stays true to the story in the game. You need to watch this anime..lol.

StaticPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#6 StaticPenguin
Member since 2004 • 3433 Posts

It's not that bad really.... I'm not into it but thats probably because they changed too much from the game and it turned me off it.

jrhawk42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 jrhawk42
Member since 2003 • 12764 Posts

I've only seen a few episodes, and was going to wait until I hit a dry spell, and then maybe catch up, but I have played through the game.

From what I've seen of the anime it's very high quality, and probably very likable for somebody that hasn't played the game. Having played the game here's what I thought from the first few episodes. Welkin is more quirky than creative/intelligent, and it's like he's a totally different character from the game. Alicia instead of being the shy/timid japanese female lead is just a **** I was also hoping they'd develop the minor characters more which didn't seem like it was going to happen.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

As big a fan of the game as I am, I have absolutely no desire to see the show. I don't really have much desire to watch any anime as a matter of fact.