US Pilot to Iranian Pilot: "You Really Ought to Go Home!"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

U.S. F-22 stealth fighter pilot taunted Iranian F-4 Phantom combat planes over the Persian Gulf has all the details about how an F-22 pilot flew up under the Iranian jet in international airspace to check out the weapons loadout before moving up next to it and telling the Iranian that he should go home.

Is this a real life Top Gun move? 

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
GO home boy! your jets is ancient to ours
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i think the most suprising part of the story is the iranians still fly F-4 Phantoms

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WhiteKnight77

i think the most suprising part of the story is the iranians still fly F-4 Phantoms

Flubbbs

We still have Iranian C-130s sitting around here at Lockheed out behind my apartment that will never be delivered to them, from 1979. 

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

Flubbbs
exactly, that embarrasses me.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

VaguelyTagged

What happened to the F-14s that y'all had? Wasn't there supposed to be a modernization project to update them? 

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Did he give him the bird?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 WhiteKnight77

Did he give him the bird?

lostrib

I have no idea, but I wonder if the Iranian pilot shat his pants when he saw the F-22 next to him. 

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#10 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

U.S. F-22 stealth fighter pilot taunted Iranian F-4 Phantom combat planes over the Persian Gulf has all the details about how an F-22 pilot flew up under the Iranian jet in international airspace to check out the weapons loadout before moving up next to it and telling the Iranian that he should go home.

WhiteKnight77
Its fake, I saw this thing like 3 years ago.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Ah yes, I remember that incident. Good times.

Flubbbs

That's the problem with the Iranian military, most of their stuff is outdated and aging.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

lightleggy

Its fake, I saw this thing like 3 years ago.

You didn't read the article did you? 

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WhiteKnight77

What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?Capitan_Kid

What are you on about? To which pilot are you referring to?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WhiteKnight77

Ah yes, I remember that incident. Good times.

[QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

Lord_Omikron666

That's the problem with the Iranian military, most of their stuff is outdated and aging.

Hence why I asked VaguelyTagged about the upgrades that are supposed be taking place to the F-14s that Iran has. 

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4237 Posts

Meh, I smell a falacy. If the Iranian Air force is so weak, how come we didn't dominate their airspace already? We would have done it such a long time ago see the way we are going. We attacked all the countries we said we would; Something is wrong here, so wrong.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Capitan_Kid

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?WhiteKnight77

Isnt it obvious? Do I look Iranian to you?
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?Capitan_Kid

Isnt it obvious? Do I look Iranian to you?

Since I do not recall you ever posting a picture of yourself, I have no idea if you are Iranian or Japanese or Dutch for that matter. You didn't specify which pilot hence the question. 

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Meh, I smell a falacy. If the Iranian Air force is so weak, how come we didn't dominate their airspace already? We would have done it such a long time ago see the way we are going. We attacked all the countries we said we would; Something is wrong here, so wrong.

outworld222

Because we aren't at war with them?

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4237 Posts

[QUOTE="outworld222"]

sSubZerOo

I was referring to the comments made here about how weak the Iranian air force is. But besides that point, I'm sure there are no shortage of chicken-hawks who would love to plant a false flag operation to start yet another war. Your comment means nothing. Today we are not at war, tomorrow, hey, anything can go.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58398 Posts

What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?Capitan_Kid

theyre fighter pilots, they are the type-A personality jocks of our military.  Stunts like this are to be expected, hopefully rarely.  I imagine this guy will get in huge trouble though.

Back when the Alameda Naval Air Base was still open, an F-18 pilot buzzed the Bay Bridge and he was court-martialed and then discharged or whatever they call it.  This was 15-20 years ago when I was a kid, and obviously there was no real danger since these guys are pros, but still...sets a bad example.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?mrbojangles25

theyre fighter pilots, they are the type-A personality jocks of our military.  Stunts like this are to be expected, hopefully rarely.  I imagine this guy will get in huge trouble though.

Back when the Alameda Naval Air Base was still open, an F-18 pilot buzzed the Bay Bridge and he was court-martialed and then discharged or whatever they call it.  This was 15-20 years ago when I was a kid, and obviously there was no real danger since these guys are pros, but still...sets a bad example.

I really don't see why he should be discharged, the F-4's were trying to intercept a drone in international waters, and the F-22 pilot just scared them off. With a bit of Rambo style to go along, but still.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?mrbojangles25

I imagine this guy will get in huge trouble though.

I doubt it. The F-22 pilot will probably get a verbal reprimand at most. The AF will not let the time and expenses on the training of the F-22 pilot go to waste.

It's not the F-22 pilot's fault the Iranians weren't looking outside their cockpits. I'd be more embarrassed if I was the Iranians.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

And then the US pilot said, "I feel the need, the need for speed!" and had homoerotic feelings for the other pilot.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#24 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
That's cray cray.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Nothing wrong with a little show of air superiority.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm not embarrassed at all.

A show of superiority is common in the military. We do it ALL the time.

punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

And then the US pilot said, "I feel the need, the need for speed!" and had homoerotic feelings for the other pilot.

LazySloth718

i think you just opened an antagonist possibility for top gun 2 script...

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?jun_aka_pekto

I imagine this guy will get in huge trouble though.

I doubt it. The F-22 pilot will probably get a verbal reprimand at most. The AF will not let the time and expenses on the training of the F-22 pilot go to waste.

It's not the F-22 pilot's fault the Iranians weren't looking outside their cockpits. I'd be more embarrassed if I was the Iranians.

Come on now. You know very well that someone at 6 o'clock low will never be seen by someone in the cockpit and that is where the F-22 pilot first approached the Iranian plane from to begin with as he wanted to know what weapons the Iranian pilot had on board. Smart move on his part actually. Forewarned is better than being surprised. 

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WhiteKnight77

Forget Capitan_Kid, he is an idiot that has no idea of what he is talking about. And no, the pilot will not get in trouble for it. He was letting the Iranians know that we are watching our assets that are in international airspace, especially since they tried to shoot one down that was in international airspace previously.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib

LazySloth718

I bet he played beach volleyball afterwards

GamingTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GamingTitan
Member since 2004 • 657 Posts

Nice~ maverick Style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LzZ1ORjSjk

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

Stealth's a bitch.

awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

Even a stealth aircraft like the F-22 is clearly visible on radar within visual range.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Capitan_Kid

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?WhiteKnight77

Forget Capitan_Kid, he is an idiot that has no idea of what he is talking about. And no, the pilot will not get in trouble for it. He was letting the Iranians know that we are watching our assets that are in international airspace, especially since they tried to shoot one down that was in international airspace previously.

An idiot for wanting our military to show some class? How foolish of you.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts

[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"][QUOTE="Flubbbs"]

WhiteKnight77

What happened to the F-14s that y'all had? Wasn't there supposed to be a modernization project to update them? 

leave iran alone. they have a totally badass and not at all fake stealth fighter now. http://theaviationist.com/2013/02/02/iran-new-stealth-fighter/#.Uk3W41MlKRZ

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Lol, the Iranian pilot was obviously scared.

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Lord_Omikron666

Lol, the Iranian pilot was obviously scared.

Cyberdot

I would be too if I was being intercepted by both a superior aircraft and pilot.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

did the iranian pilot even understand what he said? 

Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lord_Omikron666

did the iranian pilot even understand what he said? 

BossPerson

They should, English is the standard language for aviation.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

[QUOTE="outworld222"]

outworld222

I was referring to the comments made here about how weak the Iranian air force is. But besides that point, I'm sure there are no shortage of chicken-hawks who would love to plant a false flag operation to start yet another war. Your comment means nothing. Today we are not at war, tomorrow, hey, anything can go.

Their air force is ancient. However, their air defense force (separate military branch) is stronger and more up to date.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lostrib

[QUOTE="outworld222"][QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]

KC_Hokie

Their air force is ancient. However, their air defense force (separate military branch) is stronger and more up to date.

we should bomb them to find out

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

How is it a stunt? The Iranian pilot was trying to intercept a US drone, if this worked and got him to back of then it was merely an intimidation technique.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="WhiteKnight77"]

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Capitan_Kid

An idiot for wanting our military to show some class? How foolish of you.

Yes, you are an idiot. Pilots have been intercepting other aircraft practically since planes first flew. Want to let someone know that we know you are there? You fly off their wing and escort them. It was done all the time during the Cold War, on both sides. A pilot would be stupid to not see what kind of weaponry that could be hanging on the pylons under the aircraft. Warning the Iranian pilot who was trying to intercept a US drone in international airspace shows restraint compared to just shooting down the unknowing pilot. That is classy in and of itself.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WhiteKnight77

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

[QUOTE="Capitan_Kid"]What an imbecile and an embarrassment to our military. What happened to class?bobbetybob

How is it a stunt? The Iranian pilot was trying to intercept a US drone, if this worked and got him to back of then it was merely an intimidation technique.

Some people do not understand military operations. 

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Why not just move the drone out of the way so they couldn't see it. Like behind a cloud
dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Is what I imagine kid is thinking
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Lord_Omikron666

Why not just move the drone out of the way so they couldn't see it. Like behind a clouddave123321

How do you know there were any clouds in the area? Even if there were clouds, UAVs such as Predators and Reapers can't fly in clouds, so they would have been flying at an altitude or an area without clouds. And in case you were unaware, Predators and Reapers are extremely slow and can't maneuver.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WhiteKnight77

Why not just move the drone out of the way so they couldn't see it. Like behind a clouddave123321

Dave, do you understand what international airspace is? That is where the drone was as well as the Iranian pilot and the F-22. Anyone and anything can fly in such airspace. Now, if it was within 12 miles of the Iranian coast, that would be a different story.