FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Yep, the hypocrisy of the Left is bitter sweet. First they were all anti-guns and hoped that all guns should be banned after their savior Hilary was elected (and lost). Now with a Trump presidency starting, they're now afraid of Tyranny so they're buying guns for self-defense. Should the Left now start seeing why the NRA loves their guns?

BBC had this on their scoop on 12/20/2016 (Source)

Gun ownership has traditionally been associated with the right wing in America but the election of Donald Trump has prompted some left-wingers to join gun clubs - and even start preparing for the collapse of society.

"I really didn't expect to be thinking about purchasing a gun. It was something that my father did and I rolled my eyes at him."

Clara, a 28-year-old nursing student, grew up in the Mid-West, where "the folks that had guns were seen as hicks" or were just "culturally different", she says.

But since the election of Donald Trump in November she has started going to a gun range for the first time and is shopping around for a semi-automatic pistol.

"It's been seeing the way that Trump's election has mobilised a lot of the far right and given them hope," she says, citing a rise in reports of hate crimes and neo-Nazi activity.

As a transgender woman, she does not fear for her personal safety in the Californian city where she now lives but she says she knows people in rural areas "who woke up and found a bunch of swastikas and words like 'f*g**t' and 'trannie' scrawled all over their building".

-Read more on the link above-

Also, just for laughs

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

All those years of me ridiculing people for not liking the one thing in the history of mankind that made all people unarguably equal finally paid off.

Sure, words on paper are great but where does equality really come from? The ability to defend yourself and continue to exist in the face of someone that wants you to not exist.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#4 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41571 Posts

This isn't too surprising after all Trump said out of his mouth. Do I agree with it? Absolutely not, but it's this last election has been so ridiculous that BOTH sides, not just liberals, not just conservatives or the alt-right, have been showing their fears on what their enemy candidate would do.

These next four years are going to be a living hell.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@thegerg said:

We've been buying them for years and years. How is it hypocritical?

Young Kids these days, you know they don't know anything unless it's on the internet! lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I hate to break it to OP, but not all people on the left wanna cum git yer guns!!! I for one, have a few guns. I believe in sensible restrictions for guns. I dont believe in complete prohibition of guns. Prohibition is actually the right's tool traditionally.....

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#7 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41571 Posts

@hillelslovak said:

I hate to break it to OP, but not all people on the left wanna cum git yer guns!!! I for one, have a few guns. I believe in sensible restrictions for guns. I dont believe in complete prohibition of guns. Prohibition is actually the right's tool traditionally.....

Funny, because wasn't that what they feared out of Obama? For some good that did...

Besides that, I'm the same way. Not every gun needs to be taken, but good lord, some just need to stay with military and that's it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23975 Posts

As someone on the left side of the political spectrum. I have been pro gun rights for quite a while now.

In fact, there is a sizable portion of liberals who are pro-guns. This anti-gun stance is nothing but dogmatic, and I dont care for the dogma that exists on the left or the right.

There is nothing liberal about gun control. In fact, it kinda goes against the ideology. Being more regressive than anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

I hope the TC learned a valuable lesson about not viewing the world as black and white. Probably not but wouldn't that be nice?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I figured Americans in generally bought guns, first they do the grocery shopping for the weekend and then go buy a new firearm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#11 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:
@hillelslovak said:

Funny, because wasn't that what they feared out of Obama? For some good that did...

Besides that, I'm the same way. Not every gun needs to be taken, but good lord, some just need to stay with military and that's it.

Yeah, Obama really did a great job taking all of our guns, converting us to the Euro, making the one world government, and using Jade Helm 12 to commit his coup from Texas. All the conspiracies came true!!!

arad96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 arad96
Member since 2009 • 7783 Posts

@Treflis said:

I figured Americans in generally bought guns, first they do the grocery shopping for the weekend and then go buy a new firearm.

Real Americans go gun shopping first :v

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I got to protect myself from Russian Puppets. I carry a gun everywhere i go waiting for someone to attack me...ill blast that fackin head off.

Loading Video...

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@iandizion713 said:

I got to protect myself from Russian Puppets. I carry a gun everywhere i go waiting for someone to attack me...ill blast that fackin head off.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iandizion713

@Gaming-Planet:

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@Treflis said:

That's not so far off. I have never bought a gun but have one way or another owned 4 or 5 of them in my life. I ended up selling them all because I'm not into them as a hobby and with a kid at home they need to be stored in such a way that they aren't really any good for self defense.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Treflis: buying guns and ammo is part of the groceries.

I like guns, don't understand why you "need" an assault rifle, but still, I like guns, don't own any anymore since I gave up hunting and don't have time to go shooting to the range which would be a reason to keep at least one.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 iandizion713

@raugutcon: I know right, Walmart one stop shop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

lol shitty thread and OP. Funny backfire, at least.

You'll get those imaginary evil liberals next time! (but probably not)

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 raugutcon

@perfect_blue: yeah, shit bait thread, I'm a fvcking liberal and will defend your right to own guns to death.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44649 Posts

I've known many liberals who believed in gun ownership, just they believe in responsible gun ownership, and laws designed to thwart people attempting to obtain them that shouldn't have them. I find no contradiction here, just same old BS from right who think liberals talking sensible steps on gun safety is an affront to freedom.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23048 Posts

@MuD3 said:
@Treflis said:

That's not so far off. I have never bought a gun but have one way or another owned 4 or 5 of them in my life. I ended up selling them all because I'm not into them as a hobby and with a kid at home they need to be stored in such a way that they aren't really any good for self defense.

Well, kudos to you for recognizing that "under the mattress" is an unsafe storage option when you have children in the home.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58459 Posts

It's funny, you guys act like you've never heard of a liberal gun owner.

I got some news for you: they're here, they've been around for a long while, and there are a lot more of them than you think.

You can like and enjoy firearms and still believe in sensible gun control. You don't have to belong to either of the idiotic extremes.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mrbojangles25

@mattbbpl said:
@MuD3 said:
@Treflis said:

Well, kudos to you for recognizing that "under the mattress" is an unsafe storage option when you have children in the home.

Yeah obviously you get a gun bed. I mean c'mon people.

Loading Video...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By iandizion713

@mrbojangles25: I hide mine in the toilet.

I just hope no one gives me an upper decker.
I just hope no one gives me an upper decker.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

I often wonder if the people who post "articles" (or posts, opinion pieces, etc.) like this, realize how full of shit they are. If they ever think to themselves "Hey. Maybe i should start going with sources that don't make partisan claims? And maybe i should focus less on partisan biased articles that always seem to say the same thing, and instead focus on reality".... or if they take a look at articles like this and see the obvious dishonest intent.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KOD

@Maroxad said:

There is nothing liberal about gun control. In fact, it kinda goes against the ideology. Being more regressive than anything.

Sadly it has been forced into a partisan thing. Much like abortion and gay rights and immigration. These are all the issues they started to latch on to 20 years ago or so, when the democrats were bought by the republicans and they had to distinguish themselves from one another and pretend like they were different.

Of course the issues of gun control have been tuned into a hyperbolic mess by corrupt politicians and media who in turn have convinced the portion of the population who can be distracted by a shiny object, that gun control is a real threat. When the reality is if that person was conservative or sane or... not falling for corruption the way they claim everyone else is, they would understand why its a good thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@kod said:

I often wonder if the people who post "articles" (or posts, opinion pieces, etc.) like this, realize how full of shit they are. If they ever think to themselves "Hey. Maybe i should start going with sources that don't make partisan claims? And maybe i should focus less on partisan biased articles that always seem to say the same thing, and instead focus on reality".... or if they take a look at articles like this and see the obvious dishonest intent.

In this case the article has nothing to do with what the OP claims. The article says nothing about people who wanted to ban guns buying guns, it just says that some people who previously didn't feel the need to own a gun have now decided to buy a gun. It's about as hypocritical as a man who previously owned no cold medicine because he's never has a cold, buying cold medicine because he's had his first cold.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KOD

@mrbojangles25 said:

It's funny, you guys act like you've never heard of a liberal gun owner.

I got some news for you: they're here, they've been around for a long while, and there are a lot more of them than you think.

You can like and enjoy firearms and still believe in sensible gun control. You don't have to belong to either of the idiotic extremes.

Well, they are fairly dense people in general right?

They attempt to equate an understanding (not an opinion, but an understanding) that proper regulation helps reduce firearm homicides and accidents and that as a society that attempts to address problems this is a path we should go down.. with an idea that all liberals are against guns and dont want them legal at all, etc. etc. etc. When the reality is this ban all firearms position is so rare not only have i never actually met a liberal who has suggested it, but i dont think ive ever read an article or paper or anything suggesting it (not to say they are not out there, im sure they are. But they are definitely not as common as stupid people believe). But when they hear "regulations' for some reason their brain cannot compute what that means so they replace it with "ban all firearms".

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By KOD

@toast_burner said:
@kod said:

In this case the article has nothing to do with what the OP claims. The article says nothing about people who wanted to ban guns buying guns, it just says that some people who previously didn't feel the need to own a gun have now decided to buy a gun. It's about as hypocritical as a man who previously owned no cold medicine because he's never has a cold, buying cold medicine because he's had his first cold.

Exactly.

Heh, that's why i ended with "or if they take a look at articles like this and see the obvious dishonest intent." Which in this case is mostly the poster but the article is guilty too. The headline is really just click bait, but that shits dishonest too and it should not be phrased how it is.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 raugutcon

@iandizion713: afraid that somebody gonna assault while you're taking a dump ?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iandizion713

@raugutcon: I spend a lot of time in the bathroom...always ready to make spaghetti.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@perfect_blue said:

LOL I'm enjoying this thoroughly.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mrbojangles25

@n64dd said:
@perfect_blue said:

LOL I'm enjoying this thoroughly.

well now you're just admitting to being a troll, where is the fun in that?

:D

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Nah, watching a thread backfire is hilarious. Learn what trolling is.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

This is the part where I point out that politics has four quadrants, not two parties. Plenty of people on the left own firearms. Plenty served in the military. In the case of Second Amendment rights, the issue tends to encompass the polar differences between libertarians and authoritarians as opposed to liberals and conservatives.

Championing gun rights has been an exercise in reductive reasoning by the right for some time. After all, Ronald Reagan got the ball rolling when he was the governor of California in raising gun control as an issue in the first place. It is also very possible to have libertarian leanings as a structural liberal. For as much as people wanted to tar and feather Bernie Sanders for being a pinko commie socialist, he wasn't anywhere in the same galaxy as Hillary Clinton on the gun control topic.

OP. you need to get lernt. BTW, Bernie supporter here, and I own two pistols, a SCAR-17, and a .308 hunting rifle.

Baconstrip78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Baconstrip78
Member since 2013 • 1855 Posts

I'm a liberal and I have a G30 in my nightstand. Seems like the OP is kind of clueless.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

You do realize that not all liberals and not all conservatives agree on every single topic, right? The left doesn't want, nor does it seek, the ban on all guns.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14822 Posts

Ouch.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Americans, all Americans, (rich, poor, black, white, PhD, high-school dropout) love guns. An almost irrational desire to own and be around guns.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178863 Posts

Ummm....where do you get your info? Liberals have guns.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

And OP was never heard or seen from again...

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38686 Posts

no matter who loses, the gun lobby wins