Under the Dome Season 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

So whose waiting for UTD S2 and what do you think will happen in it?

Under%20The%20Dome,%20BIG%20CBS%20Love.j

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Dome

#2 Posted by judog1 (24626 posts) -

@iampenguin: Considering that it started off as a mini-series, I kind of hope that this will be the final season. If it goes on any longer, I could have just read the book instead :P

#3 Posted by ninjastar (9507 posts) -

I read the book and it's nothing like it. I think they should have ended it this season.

#4 Posted by judog1 (24626 posts) -

@ninjastar said:

I read the book and it's nothing like it. I think they should have ended it this season.

Is the book worth reading? It's not that I have a problem with reading but Stephen King novels are really long.

The only reason I watched every episode of the first season is because they were available for free to Amazon Prime members. I hope that they do the same for the second season.

#5 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4171 posts) -

The book is great although I don't see this series ending anything like the book.

#6 Edited by strategyfn (336 posts) -

After watching the first episode I ran out and bought the book. The premise seemed interesting. It's good that the book is quite different from the TV show because that way you get a double dose.

I thought the book was excellent. One thing I liked in the book was the character interaction and how everything is described. The TV show is like a PG rated version of the book in a lot of cases with the book having more adult themes.

#7 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -

@ninjastar said:

how is it nothing like it, where does it differ the most?

#8 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6811 posts) -

The first season was pretty mediocre at best. I doubt I'll watch the second.

#9 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4171 posts) -

The original intentions were to end it the first season but ratings were so high, they would have been fools not to extend it.

#10 Posted by ninjastar (9507 posts) -

@iampenguin said:

@ninjastar said:

how is it nothing like it, where does it differ the most?

Well right from the start the character of Barbie. He lived in the town and didn't kill anyone. Big JIm was a lot more evil in the book, so was his son. Julia wasn't married and she was older than Barbie. Thats just for starters.

#11 Edited by violian (1431 posts) -

I stopped watching after the 3rd episode. Terrible show.

#12 Posted by iampenguin (223 posts) -
@violian said:

I admit I hate the characters I don't watch it for that and I wont read the books I'm only interested in the Dome story what it is what will happen etc. Other than that I couldn’t care about what this character is doing to that charterer.

#13 Posted by EagleEyedOne (1354 posts) -

If you want a better idea on human psychology when trapped within a dome, best watch Big Brother on CBS.

#14 Posted by GamerForca (7095 posts) -

@violian said:

Me too. The writing is awful.