This topic is locked from further discussion.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Any one had a testicle ultrasound. Been having pain in my left nut and on November 4th have to go for one. Pain still here and getting abit worse too and noticed it on 4th of October and went to docs on 7th. She checked them both out but couldn't find anything and suggested to go for an ultra sound which is quite common for doc to prescribe with any testicle pain. It was bad enough when doc said take your clothes off never mind having a testicle ultra sound done at the hospital.

I no its not an everyday subject and that why i don't bring it up with friends to talk about it. Any info will help. Thanks.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

$10 says this gets locked, but mostly due to lack of maturity. Speaking of which....

Image result for egg statue

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

Just google testicular ultrasound, much faster that way.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 skipper847

No one to talk to though. Been here ages.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

$10 says this gets locked, but mostly due to lack of maturity. Speaking of which....

Yes I made it to post this!

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

It seems like a serious issue to be discussed here, i don't see why it would get locked ?

Thats terrible, pain in your nuts, wow. It surely sounds harsh to have to go to the docs office with something of this sort. You got my respect for being brave enough to do that. Must suc k big time to have to go through that. Well i hope its nothing serious. I have heard of people with only one nut before in the movies, i hope you don't have such a serious issue and end up with only one my amigo. Good luck.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Archangel3371

Lance Armstrong only has one testicle.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Lance Armstrong only has one testicle.

I would go through the rest of my life with my remaining testicle in like a cage or something to protect it. Testicle body armor? I don't know. But I'd almost be afraid to go outside for fear of damaging my remaining nut. "Ahhh, a soccer ball! Get it away!" or "Oh no, an angry feminist with steel toe boots!"

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Archangel3371

@mrbojangles25: Indeed. lol

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@skipper847: something tells me your voice tone will change to soprano.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I've had an ultrasound on my lower back after having a kidney stone. Not on my balls though. I've also had a scope shoved in my urethra.

You should be fine.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I've had a full body scan. I guess that counts.

I think your doctor just molested you.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By skipper847

I have had a kidney transplant 9 year ago so think that another reason for the ultrasound just to make sure. But having the thought of a doc using a probe on your balls for 20 mins to 30 mins sounds abit embarrassing. Where I'm having it done is in hospital outpatients but this hospital is a teaching hospital so I just hope that no trainees there. Every time I gone into hospital and they said is it ok for trainees to sit in I have always said yes but this time depends on how many and how old I might just say no sorry not this time.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 skipper847

@LexLas: Having to say it to receptionist was bad too. these days receptionist has to ask what the symptoms are and they can work out how bad you need to see doc. Saying my left ball ached over counter a couple of people looked. I tried saying it quiet too. If any one said anything I just would have said. She asked what symptoms where. Any way got in to see in next hour. It says about 45% of males don't like going to make appointment over phone or reception as they don't like saying what it for.

medical community for the most part doesn't care one bit about respecting a patient's dignity especially if you are male as in their mind, men are supposed to be macho & have no modesty issues whereas women are supposed to be modest & are treated as such. A couple of people think this way too. I think it should change. Also when I said what it was her face went like a she just sucked on a lemon trying to be all serious. I nearly said would you look like that if it was a women issue.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

@skipper847 said:

@LexLas: Having to say it to receptionist was bad too. these days receptionist has to ask what the symptoms are and they can work out how bad you need to see doc. Saying my left ball ached over counter a couple of people looked. I tried saying it quiet too. If any one said anything I just would have said. She asked what symptoms where. Any way got in to see in next hour. It says about 45% of males don't like going to make appointment over phone or reception as they don't like saying what it for.

medical community for the most part doesn't care one bit about respecting a patient's dignity especially if you are male as in their mind, men are supposed to be macho & have no modesty issues whereas women are supposed to be modest & are treated as such. A couple of people think this way too. I think it should change. Also when I said what it was her face went like a she just sucked on a lemon trying to be all serious. I nearly said would you look like that if it was a women issue.

Exactly, women have 99% more issues then men, but they laugh any way.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38671 Posts

better to have the tests done and hopefully find a solution rather than having to live with ball pain

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

lol....that's not right man!! Anyway, I had an Ultra sound of my lungs back in 2012, It took me almost 10yrs to build up the nerves to do it. I was looking to see if I had lung damage or cancer because I use to be a metal plater. I was exposed to various forms of acid and other hazardous chemicals.

Luckily and to my shock, the exam came out good, there was no abnormalities.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By skipper847

Cant anything be said or done with out the word rape or molested these days.

The tingling feeling is driving me crazy. Got to wait another 2 weeks. I should stop googling the symptoms as think this is making it worse too. Only way to get rid of it is by walking (yes I said walking). But from time to time i still get the ach when I sit up but now it feels more like pain then a ach.

Seen causes from varicose veins to blocked epididymis. Which made me laugh and cheered me up due to ghostbusters quote. One main cause what keeps coming up is STI/STD which I no 100% sure its not.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

I would get it checked out, testicular cancer is no joke, well any form of cancer is pretty serious.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

I had one a few decades ago. Turns out everything was fine with mine but it was weird just laying there on a table with my junk hanging out. Only takes a few minutes. I also had an ultrasound because at one time I was a having a lot of stomach pain. That didn't feel as weird but I hate that gel they put on you.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skipper847

@bmanva: I am 99% sure its not Cancer. I'm not worried about that I just want the feeling to go away. Also trapped nerve could be the cause. God damn google.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@skipper847 said:

@bmanva: I am 99% sure its not Cancer. I'm not worried about that I just want the feeling to go away. Also trapped nerve could be the cause. God damn google.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
@MarcRecon said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

lol....that's not right man!! Anyway, I had an Ultra sound of my lungs back in 2012, It took me almost 10yrs to build up the nerves to do it. I was looking to see if I had lung damage or cancer because I use to be a metal plater. I was exposed to various forms of acid and other hazardous chemicals.

I was unlucky in my situation but had already gotten the bad news from the bone marrow biopsy. I guess the good thing was that they found no tumors.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

could just be a infection

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#26 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@skipper847: you have spermatoxicosis

You need to find a girl to help you relieve it immediately. It means your balls are over full and need to empty or risk detonation.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By skipper847

@fenriz275: I seen a couple say that they check your kidneys too at the same time is that true. I wont tell them that I had a transplant and the right kidney is dead and shriveled up like a prune and not got a left. That will give them a shock. j/k I will tell them at the beginning if not on notes from doc. It says on the letter that everything will take around 20 mins. I think I will need at least 1 hour explaining what else is wrong with me.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:
@MarcRecon said:
@Gaming-Planet said:

I was unlucky in my situation but had already gotten the bad news from the bone marrow biopsy. I guess the good thing was that they found no tumors.

You're still in a good position because you got the exam, early detection puts you ahead of the curve.

jtromaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jtromaine
Member since 2014 • 48 Posts

i had an ultrasound done on my testicle a few weeks back. The process didnt take long. the nurse doing it was very professional. She added some cold gel to my scrotum and then placed a tiny machine on my scrotum, looking for abnormalities. The process only took about 5 mins.

Dont feel weird about having your " junk " exposed. They see all different types of " Junk ". Nothing to feel weird about at all.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

I had worries once, partially because I thought maybe I got torsion or something, doctors though after asking a lot of questions figured that I maybe pulled my groin bowling, because back then I was doing a lot of bowling in college, because our recreation hall had a bowling alley with like $2 for 2 hours of bowling, and I'd check out a whole lane to myself during the slow times like every other day just to relax, though I threw the heavy balls, and basically he attributed my injury to the repetition of that activity, and I think he was right because I cut back and got better, but it kind of sucks though because I was starting to get to get to the point of breaking 200 off and on and after giving it up I'd just feel lucky if I broke 100.

I also suffered from kidney stones off and on over the years, brought on mostly be dehydration and heat during summer. Though, I didn't know that's what it was, I never got any pain urinating them out, it mostly effected the areas between my kidneys and bladder, so the pain was rather ambiguous. It either felt like stomach pain, or groin pain, or something in between. I worried it was maybe appendicitis because I often heard signs of pain don't actually occur around the appendix, but rather toward the center of the stomach or even the other side (it was my left side that's usually associated with kidney stones). Doctor's at the time never figured out it was kidney stones though, they simply thought I had stomach inflammation for eating something that didn't agree with me), it wasn't until one bought where I noticed I hadn't urinated all day and went to the emergency because it felt like I had to but I couldn't, they hydrated me with a couple saline sacks and eventually the waterworks started flowing again. I never felt the passage though. Looking back now I attribute the times this effected me most was when I was a student in college, I use to take the bus and walk everywhere, easily several miles a day. Even after college I preferred using the bus and walking everywhere and I still suffered from them.

I only knew two people who had testicular cancer, one was a student at my school in the grade above me, he had to take a year off so he was in my class the next year after he'd recovered. He was a super cool guy too, glad I got to know him. The other guy was a total douche though, in high school he was always an ass to me, him and his friends; pretty much an utter bully. I remember me and another friend he was a total ass to ran into him on the streets many years later and he told us he had testicular cancer, then he tried to grieve us for being smokers. After he walked away we both laughed and pretty much had the same reaction, like somehow his karma caught up with him.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By skipper847

@jtromaine: @lamprey263 :That first question she asked me have I been heavy lifting or doing exercise. But I hadn't and only been walking. More since the pain and tingling though as it wears it off. A person who use to pick on me loads at school. He even picked on me in front of my mum at the bus stop. My mum was going to say something to him but I told her not to as it will just make it worse back at school. teachers where crap about it too as they didn't see it so they didn't do anything even when they picked on me at school. Years later A post on facebook came on saying he is missing and is ill at the moment any one with info get InTouch not been seen for 2 days. I'm not a nasty person but like you I had a smile and thought you karma bitch. There where no updates after so still don't no what happened.

Hope everything is fine for you though..

wow 5 mins it says on my letter it will take around 20 minutes. Doc said at the doctors they will probably look at them too and test for lumps etc be for hand. Which I'm not looking forward to. It also says on letter that a lot of patients might get involuntary erection. That what I'm so worried about in room but at least it covered up with blankets and that only testicles exposed. But surely if you do get one they would no the signs on screen during the ultrasound.

Even though it still abit pains and a lot tingles I thought doc was going to give antibiotics or something not all this. lol.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By skipper847

I'm getting really worried and don't no if I should go back to docs early. They both seem to be moving constantly but not like the normal movement you get sometimes when they just move. This seems to be constant shifting and feels like something is moving around. Might sound gross but it does. Don't want to go to A&E like she said to if it gets worse but I am worried. What would you do?. It keeps changing to from numb tingling. Don't think I can wait another week if it continues.

No not been looking on google constantly but only thing I have come across for this is varicose veins which the feeling is like worms in your scrotum but theres not. Its really strange feeling. Which start out as aching.

At least I'm going to toilet right still so still not too worried about that its just constant moving which feels really strange and making me worried.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Archangel3371

I'd go and get it checked out as soon as possible. I'd rather deal with some very minor embarrassment then to have something very serious happen. If there is a problem then the sooner it can be dealt with the better and if there isn't a serious problem then at least it will give you peace of mind.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By skipper847

@Archangel3371: I have only a week to wait now so apart from going to A&E I don't think I will get seen to any earlier. Just the movement is freaking me out it feels like worms. As it says worm feeling is most likely varicose veins. I'm now more concerned about this though then the ultra sound it self as I hope they do find something or can explain why they keep moving like they do.

In the ultra sound you can watch the display if you want but I'm having visions of bloody worms roaming around in there. Either that or aliens are going to burst out kicking. This is going to give me nightmares be for long. The only thing that eases it is walking. As it does it most sitting or laying down. Again yes I said walking. I will be that nervous in the exam room that if they ask does anything ease It will probably come out as something else.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By skipper847

Cant believe what some people just say over face book for attention. 2 people this week saying there in hospital. blah blah blah. I didn't even broadcast that I went in for a kidney transplant. Some people just like the attention.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 skipper847

Had blood test done for kidney last week and got results today at hospital which I go for every 4 month. They said creatinine level gone up from steady 98 to 118. Blood pressure excellent though 105/67 and pulse 85.I thought that was quite low for blood pressure but they say not. Thought average was 120/80. This was be for I told him about aching and ultra sound on Friday. He said if not heard anything back by Saturday then you bloods are back to normal.

creatinine level should be very low in 80 to 90 and mine been steady 98 when kidney failed this was at 710 and blood pressure was 215/210. That why they said I couldn't breath on day when kidney failed as blood pressure was too high.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

@skipper847 said:

Had blood test done for kidney last week and got results today at hospital which I go for every 4 month. They said creatinine level gone up from steady 98 to 118. Blood pressure excellent though 105/67 and pulse 85.I thought that was quite low for blood pressure but they say not. Thought average was 120/80. This was be for I told him about aching and ultra sound on Friday. He said if not heard anything back by Saturday then you bloods are back to normal.

creatinine level should be very low in 80 to 90 and mine been steady 98 when kidney failed this was at 710 and blood pressure was 215/210. That why they said I couldn't breath on day when kidney failed as blood pressure was too high.

105/67 is low but nothing to worry about, as long as it's steady. It sounds like you're in the range that they want you to be in. And even if you don't hear back you should call anyway. If anything you can get some peace of mind.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By skipper847

Yeah going to phone this time even though I haven't done in last 9 years I will this time with everything else what happening.

Why do I always feel funny or want to snigger when docs use the word penis or testicles. If they use Dick or balls I wouldn't mind and feel better. May be I should have said testicles over reception but I was so nervous any way and it came out loud that I said balls. lol

Only tomorrow and its Friday. Not too nervous any more whats going to happen as more nervous on what going to come up on screen. I'm more nervous if nothing does but even more if they find worms or something as that what it feels like with pain too. Just hope its varicose veins if anything as said its most likely that if you can feel worms.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By skipper847

Hopefully this time tomorrow it should be all done. Hopefully with nothing wrong. I hope that there's not 1st year trainee working at the same time as this hospital is a teaching hospital so I hope there not 17 18 year olds staring at it.

I have had worse done down there as when you have a kidney transplant they attach a stent from your bladder to the transplanted kidney. This is in for 6 weeks and you can feel it sometimes rubbing on your bladder which make you want to pee for rest of the day as once I was on toilet for 6 hours. I asked doc who was on if it was normal and he said yes it will just go away but you got to keep moving to jiggle it off your bladder.

Any way after 6 weeks this stent has to come out and in males it can only come out one way and that's threw your (Smirk mode) Penis. They inject it so you don't feel pain but that injection was ouch. After that they insert camera looking for stent and grab it. They actually pull and tug on and grab it. They where about 7 docs male and female watching and helping too. It was almost like giving birth it hurt that much. nurse who was at the side just kept saying you got to breath. Holding my breath stopped it hurting but at the same time nearly passing out. DOH.

After he showed it to me and it was a long blue wire type thing. I thought that why it hurt so much been that big. Afterwards be for you could go home you had to pee as if you didn't you had to stay in. Any way that stung like hell first pee which they said is normal. Not sure what happened as soon as they got the stent out i felt a lot of watery substance just shoot out not sure if it was pee or something else Went all over me. Any way They just cleaned it up and said its ok. I just felt embarrassed after that thinking it could have been something else.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By skipper847

Morning. Setting off to hospital (Out patients) in a minute for the ultra sound. Getting a bit nervous but better getting it done then not. When I phoned for the appointment and receptionist said. 3 weeks. I said yeah that fine thinking that it ages off. But it soon come round.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By skipper847

Well that was quick. In and out in 5 mins. Said everything looked fine apart form a very tiny cyst but 50% of the population got that so nothing to worry about. He said he just going to put on that there no problems to find what causing the ach and tingling just that it might go on its own if not go back to docs. As said this started last month and on blood test for kidney last week said that creatinine level gone up from 4 month back seems abit of a strange.

At least it not cancer or bloody worms like I thought it was going to be. So still no clue why they ach or tingle. Something must be causing it though. Took longer to find a parking space. Coming out was funny as this person looked in a mood walking in car park and he just shouted out. Where have I parked my F****ing car. lol.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16538 Posts

thanks for the updates, we love hearing about ur nutas

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

@skipper847 said:

So still no clue why they ach or tingle. Something must be causing it though.

Have you or your doctors considered the possibility that the pain/itching may be "referred pain/itching". These are real medical phenomena that basically amount to pain/itching being felt at sites distinct from the actual source of the stimulus.

Referred Pain

Referred Itching

I had a similar scare during my varsity days. The doctor couldn't find anything wrong, so he just mentioned the phenomenon of "referred pain" and sent me on my way. Fortunately, the pain went away of its own accord after a few weeks.