Ukrainian serviceman killed in attack on base

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

A Ukrainian serviceman was killed on Tuesday at a Ukrainian base that came under attack in Crimea's main town Simferopol, a military spokesman said.Vladislav Seleznyov, speaking to Reuters by telephone from Crimea, said one serviceman at the base had died of his wounds. A second man, a captain, was injured.Seleznyov said it was unclear who had staged the assault, but described the attackers, as "unknown forces, fully equipped and their faces covered".

I wonder if this will further escalate the situation

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Quite funny that western media is conveniently not covering whats happening in the eastern part of the country, this is why the eastern parts of the Ukraine are starting to ask Russia for protection.

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deeliman

@Newhopes: It's pretty hard to make out whether they were pro russia or pro west if you don't speak Russian.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

Hopefully it will not escalate; however the Russians had painted the Ukrainian government as being all neo-Nazis, so things can get a whole lot uglier.

@Newhopes: That does have coverage in the western press. But also funny pro-Russian media is conveniently not covering what happening in Crimea, and the attacks on pro-Ukrainians. Also what does this have to do with an Ukrainian serviceman getting killed in an attack on an Ukrainian military base?

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Newhopes

It's the Right sector Ukrainian nationalist and one of the groups that backed and put the Maidan into power, they've been terrorizing the eastern area's for weeks now including killing Pro-Russian activists and taking hostages in Kharkov and are the one's believed to be behind the sniper attacks.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58898 Posts

It will probably lead into a long term thing with terrorism and fascism.

Basically a big stupid mess in which many people die.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

WW3 bring it on :)

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Everybody take a chill pill:

Loading Video...

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

@Newhopes said:

It's the Right sector Ukrainian nationalist and one of the groups that backed and put the Maidan into power, they've been terrorizing the eastern area's for weeks now including killing Pro-Russian activists and taking hostages in Kharkov and are the one's believed to be behind the sniper attacks.

Why don't you hop on over there and help them? Give your boy Putin a kiss for me.

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts

Looks like the Western media is trying it's hardest to spin this into an anti-Russia thing.

I wish people would stop falling for the propaganda.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@Nibroc420 said:

Looks like the Western media is trying it's hardest to spin this into an anti-Russia thing.

Bad troll!

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 vfibsux

@Nibroc420 said:

I agree, we need more good Putin and less evil Putin...here you go:

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nibroc420

@vfibsux:

Good Putin, Bad Putin.

He's just a normal guy.

Edit:

The woman to Putin's left is scared of nudity.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vfibsux

Dude is nothing close to normal....normal people don't ride bears shirtless....

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nibroc420

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@vfibsux: Most political leaders are so out of touch with the concept of normal they wouldn't see it even if it was right in front of them.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

sad thing happening in afghanistan etc just because of corporate evil politician and they are power hungry... only poor and common man suffer most.

In afghanistan only corporate is evil ? :I

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nibroc420

@SNIPER4321 said:

Vladimir putin is just as corporate evil and corrupt as any other politician.

sad thing happening in ukraine, syra, afghanistan etc just because of corporate evil politician and they are power hungry... only poor and common man suffer most.

I feel you there man.

Every man should suffer most.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vfibsux

@SNIPER4321 said:

Vladimir putin is just as corporate evil and corrupt as any other politician.

sad thing happening in ukraine, syra, afghanistan etc just because of corporate evil politician and they are power hungry... only poor and common man suffer most.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_Live

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Newhopes

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Nope so far from what I am hearing from my cousin a large part of the Ukraine military is siding with Russia about 70% in Crimea are applying for Russian passports and posts in the Russian army the rest are leaving on busses, they're also refusing to hand over arms to this militia the interim government are training.

Reports are also coming out that large portions of the Ukrainian and Tartar did actually vote despite what some would have Us believe.

Also expect more referendums as large parts of the east are really starting to kick off.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vfibsux

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Nope so far from what I am hearing from my cousin a large part of the Ukraine military is siding with Russia about 70% in Crimea are applying for Russian passports and posts in the Russian army the rest are leaving on busses, they're also refusing to hand over arms to this militia the interim government are training.

Reports are also coming out that large portions of the Ukrainian and Tartar did actually vote despite what some would have Us believe.

Also expect more referendums as large parts of the east are really starting to kick off.

Well since you know-a-guy and all I will take everything you say as being actual fact with no bias in it whatsoever.....

deeliman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deeliman

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Could you provide any sources for your claims?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@deeliman said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Because his cousin, not that what he's saying is necessarily wrong, or right for that matter.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vfibsux

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Because his cousin, not that what he's saying is necessarily wrong, or right for that matter.

Of course he could be right, just this whole "my cousin said so" thing to legitimize your point is silly. If this guy was not tossing around Russian propaganda like a salad in this thread I would give him an ounce of credibility.

The western media may have some spin to it but at least it is privately owned, for the most part. I will trust western media over Russian state run media any day.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
Loading Video...

Watch this vid please.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vfibsux

@muscleserge said:

Watch this vid please.

Yay, more "it's all America and NATO's fault Putin invaded Ukraine" bullshit. Stopped watching at 3 minutes, you can give out cliff notes on the rest.

We get it...Russia is a victim in all this.....poor Putin.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 muscleserge

Clifs are as follows:

73% out of the 75% of required votes in the parliament were obtained to oust Yanukovich, aka not enough, aka he is still the president if they are to follow the constitution.

He lists the new heads of state who are known fascists with ties to other fascist/nazi partied in Europe, like the minister of defense, the vice prime minister, MP of transportation, agriculture, enviornment, etc. And makes a point that fascist don't easily give up power.

Makes a point that the new government was also put in place under the barrel of a gun, however only Crimea's referendum is mentioned so.

Watch the whole thing, he isn't pro-Putin by a long shot and blames Russia quite alot too. Don't draw conclusions by the first 3 minutes. Your credibility suffers quite a bit. Buah, Buha, the vid mentions Russia good, must be whole video, bu but Russia baddy, buah, buah. You sound like a child. @vfibsux

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vfibsux

@muscleserge said:

Clifs are as follows:

73% out of the 75% of required votes in the parliament were obtained to oust Yanukovich, aka not enough, aka he is still the president if they are to follow the constitution.

He lists the new heads of state who are known fascists with ties to other fascist/nazi partied in Europe, like the minister of defense, the vice prime minister, MP of transportation, agriculture, enviornment, etc. And makes a point that fascist don't easily give up power.

Makes a point that the new government was also put in place under the barrel of a gun, however only Crimea's referendum is mentioned so.

Watch the whole thing, he isn't pro-Putin by a long shot and blames Russia quite alot too. Don't draw conclusions by the first 3 minutes. Your credibility suffers quite a bit. Buah, Buha, the vid mentions Russia good, must be whole video, bu but Russia baddy, buah, buah. You sound like a child. @vfibsux

I think I will go with......"I really don't give enough of a shit about your area of the world to watch a 13 min video" for $500 Alex.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 muscleserge

Well if you don't give a s&*t, why participate or hand out your now useless opinions. You just invalidated your every opinion or response on the matter.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@vfibsux said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Of course he could be right, just this whole "my cousin said so" thing to legitimize your point is silly. If this guy was not tossing around Russian propaganda like a salad in this thread I would give him an ounce of credibility.

The western media may have some spin to it but at least it is privately owned, for the most part. I will trust western media over Russian state run media any day.

You're deeply mistaken. Western media is just as bad as Russian state-owned media, it just hides behind the facade of being "privately owned". Fox is privately owned, by the republicans that is, and NBC is privately owned, by the democrats that is. The rest can be said about Europe's privately owned media outlets but to a lesser extent I think. I've always held the belief that free, neutral, nonpartisan media is a myth, but I was still willing to somewhat accept that western media is still somehow better. However, it was quite the scene seeing how the entire American media establishment went ballistic and bat shit crazy after the developments in the Ukraine-Crimea. None of them managed to stay on topic. Instead, they decided to launch an all war on Putin the person and Russians along the way. Throughout the past few days I've read a substantial number of reports from Politico, CNN, NBC among others, they were grotesquely pathetic. Suddenly, they all got an influx of reporters and journalists who "had the rare opportunity to personally spend some time with Putin in year xxxx". They went on and on about the egotistical Putin, the insecure Putin, the corrupt Putin, the troubled Putin, Russians the racists, Russians the homophobic...etc.When you deviate from the actual situation and start attacking persons and stereotyping people, it becomes propaganda plain and simple.

Western media has proved to be able to maintain a semblance or a facade of journalistic integrity and neutrality, as long as circumstances are comfy enough and as long as the abandonment of these does not serve a purpose . Its privately owned as long as it serves the ideological and partisan interests of those who own it. When things go south, they reveal their true color which is really inline with those widely derided media outlets out there, including RT. Before you try to twist my words, this is not a defence on behalf of Russia or anything, its rather the perspective that the world is a bad place where no one gets to claim the moral high ground or contend the claim that he is ethically superior in any way you could think of.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Master_Live said:

Everybody take a chill pill:

Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

LOL anecdotal evidence....

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Even if what you say is true. How does that make this dead Ukrainian propaganda?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vfibsux

@GazaAli said:

@vfibsux said:

@GazaAli said:

@deeliman said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

You're deeply mistaken. Western media is just as bad as Russian state-owned media, it just hides behind the facade of being "privately owned". Fox is privately owned, by the republicans that is, and NBC is privately owned, by the democrats that is. The rest can be said about Europe's privately owned media outlets but to a lesser extent I think. I've always held the belief that free, neutral, nonpartisan media is a myth, but I was still willing to somewhat accept that western media is still somehow better. However, it was quite the scene seeing how the entire American media establishment went ballistic and bat shit crazy after the developments in the Ukraine-Crimea. None of them managed to stay on topic. Instead, they decided to launch an all war on Putin the person and Russians along the way. Throughout the past few days I've read a substantial number of reports from Politico, CNN, NBC among others, they were grotesquely pathetic. Suddenly, they all got an influx of reporters and journalists who "had the rare opportunity to personally spend some time with Putin in year xxxx". They went on and on about the egotistical Putin, the insecure Putin, the corrupt Putin, the troubled Putin, Russians the racists, Russians the homophobic...etc.When you deviate from the actual situation and start attacking persons and stereotyping people, it becomes propaganda plain and simple.

Western media has proved to be able to maintain a semblance or a facade of journalistic integrity and neutrality, as long as circumstances are comfy enough and as long as the abandonment of these does not serve a purpose . Its privately owned as long as it serves the ideological and partisan interests of those who own it. When things go south, they reveal their true color which is really inline with those widely derided media outlets out there, including RT. Before you try to twist my words, this is not a defence on behalf of Russia or anything, its rather the perspective that the world is a bad place where no one gets to claim the moral high ground or contend the claim that he is ethically superior in any way you could think of.

It sounds as though you were listening to the talking heads.... which is news commentary not news reporting. People need to realize there is a difference between news reporting and news commentary; news reporting is about reporting facts, news commentary is about reporting opinions. The two are completely different animals and all American news outlets do it.

How about this, you show me something happening in Ukraine right now that cannot be found anywhere in western news reporting. It has to be from an unbiased source that is not owned by the countries involved....and certainly cannot be from dude's cousin.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 one_plum

@vfibsux said:

How about this, you show me something happening right now that cannot be found anywhere in western news reporting. It has to be from an unbiased source that is not owned by the countries involved.

Probably can't. I think it's more rational to be cynical when it comes to ALL types of media.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 vfibsux

@one_plum said:

@vfibsux said:

How about this, you show me something happening right now that cannot be found anywhere in western news reporting. It has to be from an unbiased source that is not owned by the countries involved.

Probably can't. I think it's more rational to be cynical when it comes to ALL types of media.

Absolutely, my only argument here is the last media I will trust in a case like this would be the state run media from the parties involved in it lol. Kind of common freaking sense in my book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41  Edited By deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Latvia and Estonia, you're next!

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 one_plum
@vfibsux said:

@one_plum said:

@vfibsux said:

Absolutely, my only argument here is the last media I will trust in a case like this would be the state run media from the parties involved in it lol. Kind of common freaking sense in my book.

In turn, I just wish some people would stop taking western media as gospel.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Newhopes

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

It's known that around 6000 soldiers and a large part of the navy "defected" start of march, I don't know how many are choosing to stay yet but numbers seem to be substantial.

Western medea are starting to cover the story in a rather muted manner.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@Newhopes said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

It's known that around 6000 soldiers and a large part of the navy "defected" start of march, I don't know how many are choosing to stay yet but numbers seem to be substantial.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless....which was my point...but hey....believe his cousin. He certainly has validity in my eyes...NOT.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Newhopes

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Anecdotal evidence is worthless....which was my point...but hey....believe his cousin. He certainly has validity in my eyes...NOT.

It's now backed up by the western media that people seem to love so much.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LJS9502_basic

@Newhopes said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

It's now backed up by the western media that people seem to love so much.

The point was waaaaaaaaaaay over your head dude.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Master_Live

Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Nibroc420

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Newhopes said:

@themajormayor said:

@Nibroc420 said:

Bad troll!

Keep believing Western media's propaganda then.It's not like Faux news tries to trick people 24/7.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

lol Putin wrote an Op Ed for CNN months ago lambasting the US for interfering in other countries foreign affair (this was concerning Syria). I also love the term 'Western Media', like it carries any weight. I guess North America, most of Europe, and Oceania can all be assumed to be the same. Lets compare those to the state run media of Russia. These false equivalencies are astounding absurd.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts
@deeliman said:

A Ukrainian serviceman was killed on Tuesday ...

Served him right. He shouldn't have been bearing arms on Russian soil.