UK mother murders son for failing to memorize Koran.

• 133 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1208 posts) -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9648856/Mother-murdered-son-for-failing-to-learn-the-Koran.html

Sara Ege used a stick to beat seven-year-old Yaseen like a dog if he couldnt recite passages from the Islamic text.

The beatings were so brutal that the boy died from his injuries, and his mother tried to burn the body to destroy the evidence, Cardiff Crown Court was told.

In a video recording of her interview with police, Mrs Ege told them: I was trying to teach him the Koran.

I was getting more and more frustrated. If he didnt read it properly I would be very angry I would hit him.

We had a high target. I wanted him to learn 35 pages in three months.

I promised him a new bike if he could do it. But Yaseen wasnt very good after a year of practice he had only learnt a chapter.

The court heard Mrs Ege, 32, a university graduate, and her husband, Yousuf, had enrolled Yaseen in advanced classes at their local mosque.

They wanted him to become a hafiz an Islamic term for someone who memorises the Koran.

Yaseen was coming to the end of a three-month trial period at the mosque, and Ege was keen for him to impress his Imam.

She also hit him with a hammer, a rolling pin and a slipper, as well as repeatedly punching him, the court heard.

She would allegedly lock him in the shed, tie him to a door, and force him to do press-ups.

kareem_2385918b.jpg

#2 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29114 posts) -

Your link doesn't work? EDIT: Working now

Anyway it's a damn shame. Poor kid.

#3 Posted by Shmiity (5060 posts) -

Why do people like this even exist? Poor kid.

#4 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1208 posts) -
Your link doesn't work?chessmaster1989
Fixed. Thanks.
#5 Posted by FMAB_GTO (14385 posts) -

Why do people like this even exist? Poor kid.

Shmiity
#6 Posted by The__Kraken (851 posts) -

I vote the mother gets brutally beaten to death if she does not memorize the Code of Hammurabi in 5 seconds...

#7 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
Disgusting and horrifying.
#8 Posted by BossPerson (9450 posts) -

The thing about memorizing the quran is that the kid has no f*cking idea what he's reciting. The quran is written in such poetic/classical arabic, that unless you can read at high level, your just memorizing sounds.

Anyways, poor kid. Hopefully the mother gets life or whatever they have in the UK.

#9 Posted by mayceV (4599 posts) -
B**CH- you crazy! (now I just hope she reads this :lol: )
#10 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

thank you for posting this. those idiot parents should be killed.

#11 Posted by mayceV (4599 posts) -

kingkong0124
damn man that roster would be too long.
#12 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

mayceV

so you're acknowledging this is a major problem within your community?..
#13 Posted by mayceV (4599 posts) -
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]
[QUOTE="mayceV"][QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

so you're acknowledging this is a major problem within your community?..

...? my community? In Atlanta, or Amman? there are a lot of idiot parents m friend.
#14 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

mayceV

sorry, think my post was unclear. like i meant these specific idiotic parents, not idiotic parents in general.

#15 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

This is what sucks about all these muslims coming over here.

what seems perfectly normal to them is often disgusting by our standards.

#16 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1208 posts) -

What's the deal with memorizing the Koran anyway? I was always taught to understand rather than memorize.

#17 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
And this is what religious extremism causes. Extreme stupidity.
#18 Posted by GazaAli (22550 posts) -
I hope she rots in hell. Now embrace yourself for a +300 intellectual and intelligent topic.
#19 Posted by JML897 (33120 posts) -

sexyweapons

I don't think this is perfectly normal by anyone's standards.

#20 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

JML897

this is common among Muslims in England. In America, however, Muslims are pretty normal.

#21 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
What's the deal with memorizing the Koran anyway? I was always taught to understand rather than memorize.PWSteal_Ldpinch
It's a device used to create an absolutely submissive attitude. All religions do it. It keeps the peasantry from realizing the farce.
#22 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1208 posts) -

In America Muslims are pretty normal.

kingkong0124

I dunno man I tried to get my muslim friend to watch Curb your Enthusiasm but he couldn't stand it because the characters are "too jewish looking".

#23 Posted by GazaAli (22550 posts) -
[QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]What's the deal with memorizing the Koran anyway? I was always taught to understand rather than memorize.Zeviander
It's a device used to create an absolutely submissive attitude. All religions do it. It keeps the peasantry from realizing the farce.

lol
#24 Posted by WAJ (730 posts) -

Fairly old news in the UK, but absolutely shocking and pathetic nonetheless...

#25 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

In America Muslims are pretty normal.

PWSteal_Ldpinch

I dunno man I tried to get my muslim friend to watch Curb your Enthusiasm but he couldn't stand it because the characters are "too jewish looking".

Not surprised.

#26 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]What's the deal with memorizing the Koran anyway? I was always taught to understand rather than memorize.GazaAli

lol

He's fat, ugly, and an idiot. He's nothing of value. Ignore him.

#27 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]

[QUOTE="sexyweapons"]

kingkong0124

this is common among Muslims in England. In America, however, Muslims are pretty normal.

This.

#28 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

I thought it was in a mothers nature to love and protect their child, even sacrifice their life to save them on some occasions, but not this...

#29 Posted by mayceV (4599 posts) -

[QUOTE="mayceV"]kingkong0124

sorry, think my post was unclear. like i meant these specific idiotic parents, not idiotic parents in general.

Oh, then yeah, murderous parents deserve capital punishment, I can get behind that. Also, just some clarification. Even in Saudi Arabia, this is considered a horrid crime by the government and the general public. It actually happened over there and it was all over the news and the reactions were just like this thread, everyone interviewed were horrified. So if you're trying to assert that Arabs are savages, just stop.
#30 Posted by GazaAli (22550 posts) -
mayceV for the love of God, don't fuel this topic, please.
#31 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6763 posts) -
Without a doubt, she should be hanged.
#32 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="mayceV"]mayceV

Oh, then yeah, murderous parents deserve capital punishment, I can get behind that. Also, just some clarification. Even in Saudi Arabia, this is considered a horrid crime by the government and the general public. It actually happened over there and it was all over the news and the reactions were just like this thread, everyone interviewed were horrified. So if you're trying to assert that Arabs are savages, just stop.

Arabs are culturally inferior. End of story. Yes, there's outliers.

#33 Posted by mayceV (4599 posts) -

mayceV for the love of God, don't fuel this topic, please.GazaAli
:( after a hard day of work, I want a few laughs :lol:

EDIT: and I Perfer the term, For the love of Allah :lol: jk jk

#34 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
He's fat, ugly, and an idiot. He's nothing of value. Ignore him.kingkong0124
You gonna post that picture of me again to win the argument?
#35 Posted by mayceV (4599 posts) -

kingkong0124

I respect your opinion :) do you feel all fuzzy inside?
#36 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="mayceV"]mayceV

Arabs are savages,

well lets be honest with ourselves.

#37 Posted by GazaAli (22550 posts) -

kingkong0124

Damn you still manage to top yourself.
#38 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]He's fat, ugly, and an idiot. He's nothing of value. Ignore him.Zeviander
You gonna post that picture of me again to win the argument?

Nah, I don't want to hurt my eyes.

#39 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -
[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="mayceV"] Oh, then yeah, murderous parents deserve capital punishment, I can get behind that. Also, just some clarification. Even in Saudi Arabia, this is considered a horrid crime by the government and the general public. It actually happened over there and it was all over the news and the reactions were just like this thread, everyone interviewed were horrified. So if you're trying to assert that Arabs are savages, just stop.GazaAli

Damn you still manage to top yourself.

If it makes you feel better, you're an outlier.
#40 Posted by GazaAli (22550 posts) -
This topic needs more BossPerson and shadowmoses.
#41 Posted by Darkman2007 (17929 posts) -

The thing about memorizing the quran is that the kid has no f*cking idea what he's reciting. The quran is written in such poetic/classical arabic, that unless you can read at high level, your just memorizing sounds.

Anyways, poor kid. Hopefully the mother gets life or whatever they have in the UK.

BossPerson
I sympathize , we were made to do similar things at school more or less, and the bible is written in an archaic form of Hebrew , nevermind something like the Talmud, which has alot of Armaic in it , so even alot of adults have issues reading it, most people understand the general idea but have issues with some nauances. anyways, an article like this does show that some people shouldn't have children.
#42 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
Disgusting and horrifying.ghoklebutter
I hope this doesn't happen to you.
#43 Posted by jointed (16719 posts) -
This is Islam for you. Stone-age myths allowed to exist in modern society.
#44 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

That's such a waste of life. I hate to see it.

#45 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -
This is Islam for you. Stone-age myths allowed to exist in modern society. jointed
Islam developed way after the stone age, but I'm kind of nitpicking.
#46 Posted by mayceV (4599 posts) -
[QUOTE="BossPerson"]

Darkman2007
I sympathize , we were made to do similar things at school more or less, and the bible is written in an archaic form of Hebrew , nevermind something like the Talmud, which has alot of Armaic in it , so even alot of adults have issues reading it, most people understand the general idea but have issues with some nauances. anyways, an article like this does show that some people shouldn't have children.

I agree with your last bit, we should have a committee that goes around with every couple's name and background and be like "y'all can't have kinds because you're Fvcked up" probably will drop the growth rate to the negatives worldwide.
#47 Posted by Audacitron (915 posts) -

wow, everyone's so harsh and judgemental.

But how else are you supposed to memorize the Koran? I know that for me it would almost certainly require threat of physical force.

#48 Posted by MrPraline (21321 posts) -
R o p
#49 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Nah, I don't want to hurt my eyes.kingkong0124
So then how do you garner sexual gratification from it?
#50 Posted by kingkong0124 (8710 posts) -

R o pMrPraline

and R i p to the poor kid