Uganda To Set A Death Penalty For Same Sex Relationships Next Month!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet, but...

Source

"If you'retoasting the passage of gay marriage bills in states across America, don't choke as you process the news that Rebecca Kadaga, speaker of the Ugandan parliament, says Uganda will pass a major anti-gay law forcitizens who "are demanding it" as a "Christmas gift." The original proposal, nicknamed the "Kill the Gays" bill, carries punishments of life imprisonment for being in a same-sex relationship and the death penalty for "aggravated homosexuality." Homosexual acts are already a crime in Uganda, punishable by up to 14 years in prison, but activists are petitioning for stricter laws, and Kadaga is listening. "Who are we not to do what they have told us?" she insists. "These people should not be begging us."" -MSN News

It's just absolutely disgusting. I guess human understanding is just utterly non-existent in some areas of the world.

#2 Posted by clyde46 (43690 posts) -
Let them be, we have no right to interfere.
#3 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -
Out of curiosity...what qualifies as "aggravated homosexuality"? Is there a chart that I can consult that shows me the various levels of gayness?
#4 Posted by KiIIyou (27112 posts) -
Let them be, we have no right to interfere. clyde46
lolly
#5 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Wonderful news. By killing all the gays, there won't be any more gays! What a foolproof plan Uganda! We really should be like Uganda!

#6 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

They've already been interfered with. Evangelicals from the US went over to Uganda to convert them, and then once they converted them they turned them anti-gay.

#7 Posted by clyde46 (43690 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Let them be, we have no right to interfere. GummiRaccoon

They've already been interfered with. Evangelicals from the US went over to Uganda to convert them, and then once they converted them they turned them anti-gay.

And? If they want to be savages then let them be. It doesnt affect me.
#8 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -
barbarians gonna barbarian
#9 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149607 posts) -

Okay. What am I supposed to do with this information?

#10 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Let them be, we have no right to interfere. clyde46

May as well set them straight, since they already got ruined. Like africa didn't have enough problems, they need anti-gay evangelicals now. Like a goddamn virus those evangelicals.

#11 Posted by clyde46 (43690 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

GummiRaccoon

May as well set them straight, since they already got ruined. Like africa didn't have enough problems, they need anti-gay evangelicals now. Like a goddamn virus those evangelicals.

Nothing is going to make them change. Why waste time and money that is needed at home to try and solve this?
#12 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Let them be, we have no right to interfere. clyde46

Surely you must feel a level of sympathy for the homosexuals that live there though? Fearing for there lives if ever caught. They'd probably get in a lot of trouble simply for being accused. Like women were accused for being witches 100's of years ago.

#13 Posted by Pirate700 (46462 posts) -

sune_Gem

Surely you must feel a level of sympathy for the homosexuals that live there though? Fearing for there lives if ever caught. They'd probably get in a lot of trouble simply for being accused. Like women were accused for being witches 100's of years ago.

You still haven't said what you want anyone to do about this.

#14 Posted by clyde46 (43690 posts) -

sune_Gem

Do I know any of them personally? No. Do I care for them? No.
#15 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] And? If they want to be savages then let them be. It doesnt affect me.Pirate700

Things like sanctions, official condemnation, etc. I wouldn't advocate anything beyond that, but public opinion on the world stage can be a powerful motivator to change domestic law.
#16 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149607 posts) -

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] And? If they want to be savages then let them be. It doesnt affect me.Pirate700

Exactly. Other than an off hand remark I'm not sure what this is supposed to accomplish.
#17 Posted by sune_Gem (12463 posts) -

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

I'm just passing the news and my opinion. There's nothing we should do, they should fix their ways themselves and come to the understanding that people have differing opinions outside of the considered norm of things I feel.

#18 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149607 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="sune_Gem"]

nocoolnamejim

Things like sanctions, official condemnation, etc. I wouldn't advocate anything beyond that, but public opinion on the world stage can be a powerful motivator to change domestic law.

Don't sanctions hurt the poor? Doesn't seem like it's a good route to take.
#19 Posted by Jazz_Fan (29516 posts) -
Hopefully this inspires some really good literature
#20 Posted by konvikt_17 (22108 posts) -

What Uganda do about this?

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149607 posts) -

konvikt_17
lol
#22 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -

[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]You still haven't said what you want anyone to do about this.

LJS9502_basic

>Uganda plans to execute people for being gay
'Okay.'
>Someone floats the idea of sanctions
'OH NO THAT MIGHT HURT SOMEONE'

#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149607 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]

Things like sanctions, official condemnation, etc. I wouldn't advocate anything beyond that, but public opinion on the world stage can be a powerful motivator to change domestic law.MannyDelgado

'Okay.'

Disingenous quoting...I expect nothing more from you.
#24 Posted by LordQuorthon (5247 posts) -

RELIGION OF... Oh, wait...

#25 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -

[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]
Don't sanctions hurt the poor? Doesn't seem like it's a good route to take.LJS9502_basic

'Okay.'

Which of the two do you consider to be unrepresentative?

#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149607 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]

'Okay.'

MannyDelgado

I'll respond to you when you get my posts understood correctly....
#27 Posted by Horgen (109965 posts) -
Out of curiosity...what qualifies as "aggravated homosexuality"? Is there a chart that I can consult that shows me the various levels of gayness?nocoolnamejim
I believe one will be made very soon. Or perhaps it is judged by an expert. :P
#28 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -

[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Disingenous quoting...I expect nothing more from you.LJS9502_basic

lol

dear god, so boring

#29 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149607 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]Which of the two do you consider to be unrepresentative?

MannyDelgado

lol

dear god, so boring

Yes you are really boring. You make up your idea what someone says and go off on a tangent not related at all to the original post. Predictable....
#30 Posted by clyde46 (43690 posts) -
[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'll respond to you when you get my posts understood correctly....LJS9502_basic

lol

dear god, so boring

Yes you are really boring. You make up your idea what someone says and go off on a tangent not related at all to the original post. Predictable....

If you want to argue with LJ, make sure you bring some facts :P
#31 Posted by MannyDelgado (1250 posts) -

[QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I'll respond to you when you get my posts understood correctly....LJS9502_basic

lol

dear god, so boring

[Blather to the effect of 'I know you are but what am I']

HAHAHAHA

#32 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149607 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MannyDelgado"]lol

dear god, so boring

clyde46

If you want to argue with LJ, make sure you bring some facts :P

Oh please. He created a lie between my posts and expects me to respond to them. He's a halfwit....
#33 Posted by tenaka2 (17012 posts) -

LJS9502_basic

The usual, pretend indifference. As you usually do on this kind of topic.

#34 Posted by CycleOfViolence (3314 posts) -

I'm sure the U.N. will write them a strongly worded letter.

#35 Posted by Victorious_Fize (6118 posts) -

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

tenaka2

The usual, pretend indifference. As you usually do on this kind of topic.

How I wish he stops there...
#36 Posted by toast_burner (21161 posts) -

Uganda recieve lots of money from the rest of the world. I think as long as they are using our money they should do as we want.

#37 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

konvikt_17

rofl

I feel bad now

#38 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
We get three guesses to determine what fueled this, and the first two don't count.
#39 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13593 posts) -

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] And? If they want to be savages then let them be. It doesnt affect me.clyde46

Nothing is going to make them change. Why waste time and money that is needed at home to try and solve this?

Like they didn't just get changed to this position.

#40 Posted by Allicrombie (25109 posts) -
See, if Romney was President, we could just bomb them for half a century.
#41 Posted by Jebus213 (8707 posts) -
Who cares... It's just a **** piss poor African country.
#42 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

See, if Romney was President, we could just bomb them for half a century.Allicrombie

No Romney would agree to this. You know how he feels about the gays.

#43 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
Sh*t like this actually makes you hope for a Dec 21 2012 annihilation. Good riddance.
#44 Posted by Shmiity (4975 posts) -

Oh man, I want to world-police the sh*t out of them after reading that. It makes me so angry!!

#45 Posted by Shmiity (4975 posts) -

Uganda be kidding me.

#46 Posted by MrPraline (21284 posts) -
kony 2012
#47 Posted by lamprey263 (22464 posts) -
thanks to American Evangelical conservative movement peddling their hate faith in Uganda
#48 Posted by GamingGod999 (2908 posts) -

Yes, Uganda. Killing the gays will help solve your issues of debt, corruption and mass poverty.

[spoiler] /sarcasm [/spoiler]

#49 Posted by Victorious_Fize (6118 posts) -
Sh*t like this actually makes you hope for a Dec 21 2012 annihilation. Good riddance.MrPraline
Wouldn't that kill all the gays though?
#50 Posted by ThisIsTwoFace (1151 posts) -

Who cares... It's just a **** piss poor African country.Jebus213

Typical American comment.

Im quite sure that the gays in Uganda care, so therefore your comment is an auto-FAIL.