U.S. Still Split on Abortion: 47% Pro-Choice, 46% Pro-Life.

• 54 results
#51 Edited by playmynutz (5925 posts) -

Genocide thanks to west coast mainstream media hype. Where I am from; we believe in rebirth so we keep living again and again ~M.I.A. paraphrase

#52 Edited by Makhaidos (1611 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Heirren said:

@Makhaidos:

@Makhaidos said:

This is not a tree:

This is not a child:

And yet, you believe it.

i do? It'd be more accurate if the first pic was some roots growing, or if the second pic was some flying sperm.

If it's spreading roots and growing, it still isn't a tree.

If it was flying sperm, it would be no less a human than a fetus.

It is life. It is growing.

The bacteria in your intestines are life; the mold in your refrigerator is growing. Neither are humans.

Abortion is denying birth of something entering the world.

And the world will never notice.

The problem with your argument(probably the wrong word to use) is that it makes the assumption of being an all-knowing entity. In 50 years we may discover something which allows us to see the process in more detail, and then in another 100 years maybe something even further. Your opinion is taking a stance that this is it. This is all we will ever know of our own kind, and even in the state we are in now, abortion is still denying life.

. . .And this is nonsense. If we learn more, we'll adapt based on the new information; based on what we know NOW, however, there is no good reason to ban abortions, especially not on the basis of information we may or may not learn generations from now.

#53 Edited by Revelation34 (546 posts) -

@Revelation34: totally wrong. There is a point before birth that it is a baby and not out if womb yet. My wife was over 3 months premature and was around 2lbs at birth.

No it was still a fetus. It became a baby after birth.

#54 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7969 posts) -

@Revelation34: I don't believe so. At anyone point the baby can survive outside the mother it's a baby even if it's premature and not full term

#55 Edited by Revelation34 (546 posts) -
#56 Edited by Heirren (15991 posts) -

@Heirren said:

@Makhaidos said:

@Heirren said:

@Makhaidos:

@Makhaidos said:

This is not a tree:

This is not a child:

And yet, you believe it.

i do? It'd be more accurate if the first pic was some roots growing, or if the second pic was some flying sperm.

If it's spreading roots and growing, it still isn't a tree.

If it was flying sperm, it would be no less a human than a fetus.

It is life. It is growing.

The bacteria in your intestines are life; the mold in your refrigerator is growing. Neither are humans.

Abortion is denying birth of something entering the world.

And the world will never notice.

The problem with your argument(probably the wrong word to use) is that it makes the assumption of being an all-knowing entity. In 50 years we may discover something which allows us to see the process in more detail, and then in another 100 years maybe something even further. Your opinion is taking a stance that this is it. This is all we will ever know of our own kind, and even in the state we are in now, abortion is still denying life.

. . .And this is nonsense. If we learn more, we'll adapt based on the new information; based on what we know NOW, however, there is no good reason to ban abortions, especially not on the basis of information we may or may not learn generations from now.

Your first two responses coincide with the last thing I had said.