This topic is locked from further discussion.

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts

Okay, so I just got back from shopping for a BD present for my gf, and I asked her mom about what kind of stuff she would really love to get, and She said she loves jewelry, (what kind of women doesn't like jewelry) anyway so I just ending up ordering her this: You think it is nice? Because I can take it back if it damn sucks……

Also, I am taking her out to eat too, and her brother said she loves red lobster, But lol that just doesn't seem like a place to take a her on a special day like her BD. Her BD is in 4 days and she will be 19. Is red lobster is good choice?

Thanks.

stinky_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 stinky_bomb
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts
if she likes red lobster then i think u should take her there
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
If it's her favorite restaraunt do it. They like it when you take it places they like
AnubisCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AnubisCraig
Member since 2004 • 8627 Posts
Are you actually being serious? Spending $1599.99 on a 19th birthday present?
ciredude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 ciredude
Member since 2004 • 2524 Posts

Okay, so I just got back from shopping for a BD present for my gf, and I asked her mom about what kind of stuff she would really love to get, and She said she loves jewelry, (what kind of women doesn't like jewelry) anyway so I just ending up ordering her this: You think it is nice? Because I can take it back if it damn sucks……

Also, I am taking her out to eat too, and her brother said she loves red lobster, But lol that just doesn't seem like a place to take a her on a special day like her BD. Her BD is in 4 days and she will be 19. Is red lobster is good choice?

Thanks.

xSIZEMATTER

HOLY S**T

1,600 bucks?? Someone's serious. :P Looks good tho.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

Holy hell you didn't pay that much for a present for a 19 year old did you? It looks nice but...damn...

As for Red Lobster, if that's what she likes take her there.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

Holy hell you didn't pay that much for a present for a 19 year old gf did you? It looks nice but...damn... you proposing with it?

EDIT: Though that's kind of funny "Here's a $1.6k bracelet. Now lets go eat some Red Lobster!"

Wetall_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wetall_basic
Member since 2003 • 4086 Posts
Ouch. That's alot of money for a bracelet. I'd say buy something cheaper, but it's your girlfriend. Anyway, I'd say, based on that bracelet, take her to a fancy seafood place.
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xSIZEMATTER

Are you actually being serious? Spending $1599.99 on a 19th birthday present?AnubisCraig

whats wrong with that? For once in my life I can buy someone I love something nice for a change :)

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xSIZEMATTER

Are you actually being serious? Spending $1599.99 on a 19th birthday present?AnubisCraig

whats wrong with that? For once in my life I can buy someone I love something nice for a change :)

Holy hell you didn't pay that much for a present for a 19 year old gf did you? It looks nice but...damn... you proposing with it?

EDIT: Though that's kind of funny "Here's a $1.6k bracelet. Now lets go eat some Red Lobster!"

cametall

No, I'm not proposing . I'm only 18 for crying out load :P

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I really hope you are in a committed relationship... $1600 is a lot of money for a birthday present.
mfrank0607

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mfrank0607
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts
She better put out for that kind of price tag
dangerd0g24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dangerd0g24
Member since 2008 • 1455 Posts
I am not a women so my opinion on the bracelet dose not really matter but if its seafood she likes then find a more up scale restaurant.
Mrs_Sesshomaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mrs_Sesshomaru
Member since 2005 • 14527 Posts

Aww. :P

Sounds good to me...I know I would like it.haha :P

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

I don't know how long you and your girl have been going out but if yo're still at the point where you need to go around and ask others because you're not really sure what her tastes are then a $1600 gift really isn't the way to go, nice as it may be. Just saying.

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 elblanquito_81

I don't know how long you and your girl have been going out but, if you're still at the point where you need to go around and ask others because you're not really sure what her tastes are then a $1600 gift really isn't the way to go, nice as it may be. Just saying.

ciredude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ciredude

I don't know how long you and your girl have been going out but if yo're still at the point where you need to go around and ask others because you're not really sure what her tastes are then a $1600 gift really isn't the way to go, nice as it may be. Just saying.

elblanquito_81

This guy speaks the truth.

How long have you been going out with her, dude? Cuz if it's under like, a year and a half, a 1600 dollar bracelet will most likely scare her away...

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts

SIXTEEN HUN-

...*passes out.*

Sorry dude but unless you are in a REALLY committed relationship, that is NOT the gift to get her.

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 xSIZEMATTER
[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

ciredude

How long have you been going out with her, dude? Cuz if it's under like, a year and a half, a 1600 dollar bracelet will most likely scare her away...

We have been going out for 18 months. I wasn't gonna get one that high priced, but I saw two chicks looking at some, and they were both by all the high priced ones. So Those must of been the good ones. I don't see how getting her something high priced will scare her away..... OMG YOU GOT ME SOMETHING NICE? I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! :roll:
ciredude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ciredude
[QUOTE="ciredude"][QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

xSIZEMATTER

We have been going out for 18 months. I wasn't gonna get one that high priced, but I saw two chicks looking at some, and they were both by all the high priced ones. So Those must of been the good ones. I don't see how getting her something high priced will scare her away..... OMG YOU GOT ME SOMETHING NICE? I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! :roll:

Well like, if you had only been going out with her for 6 months it'd be kinda weird y'know?

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Impex
[QUOTE="ciredude"][QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

xSIZEMATTER

Yeah, but think... you could buy her like a $200 present and have $1400 to help for college or something...

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
wow... that's way too expensive. but it's your decision really, it's a nice bracelet but it's a bit much, and if you ever break up you will kick your own ass. hard. and if you're going to get her that I don't think red lobster would be the appropriate place to give it to her :P
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xSIZEMATTER
[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"][QUOTE="ciredude"][QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

Impex

Yeah, but think... you could buy her like a $200 present and have $1400 to help for college or something...

Well I get $1,200 every two weeks for my pay check, and I live with my parents so the only bills I pay are, my truck, and my insurance bills and all that stuff. It's not that hard to save money for me.

Big_player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Big_player
Member since 2004 • 6187 Posts
Holy **** $1,600 for a birthday present, either you have money to spare your your whipped.
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xSIZEMATTER

wow... that's way too expensive. but it's your decision really, it's a nice bracelet but it's a bit much, and if you ever break up you will kick your own ass. hard. and if you're going to get her that I don't think red lobster would be the appropriate place to give it to her :PPearl_of_Egypt

lol Thats why I don't really want to go their...lol, and I was just going to give it to her like before we leave or something....... I'm not good at this :cry: :P Oh and IMO it's not smart to not give someone something because of the chance it messes up.... kinda like living in fear.....

Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Impex
[QUOTE="Impex"][QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"][QUOTE="ciredude"][QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

xSIZEMATTER

Well I get $1,200 every two weeks for my pay check, and I live with my parents so the only bills I pay are, my truck, and my insurance bills and all that stuff. It's not that hard to save money for me.

Well, it's up to you. Still, if I were in your position I would have to be dead serious about a girl before I give her something as expensive as that. It doesn't seem like you are either, so I would get her something much cheaper and just take her out somewhere nice besides red lobster.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#27 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

It's quite expensive, but if you feel like that's what you wanna give her, then go for it. Is a nice bracelet. Just be sure that you're totally ok with it.

As far as Red Lobster goes, its fine if its her favorite restaurant, but maybe she frequents it and that's why its her favorite. So I would say, go for something different. Variation is key in keeping relationships alive;)

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 elblanquito_81

We have been going out for 18 months. I wasn't gonna get one that high priced, but I saw two chicks looking at some, and they were both by all the high priced ones. So Those must of been the good ones. I don't see how getting her something high priced will scare her away..... OMG YOU GOT ME SOMETHING NICE? I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! :roll:xSIZEMATTER
You're going about it all wrong. You don't get her something because of it's monetary value or it's something other people think it's what you should get her. You have to give her something from the heart, that shows you really care about her, not because you want her to get sticker shock. Just take a minute to think about what she would really appreciate. If you've been going out with her for a year and a half, you should have some idea.

BTW, I think what that guy was trying to say was that sometimes getting a girl a very expensive gift early on in a relationship will give her the impression the guy wants things to become more serious. That sort of thing does drive some girls away.

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pearl_of_Egypt

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]wow... that's way too expensive. but it's your decision really, it's a nice bracelet but it's a bit much, and if you ever break up you will kick your own ass. hard. and if you're going to get her that I don't think red lobster would be the appropriate place to give it to her :PxSIZEMATTER

lol Thats why I don't really want to go their...lol, and I was just going to give it to her like before we leave or something....... I'm not good at this :cry: :P Oh and IMO it's not smart to not give someone something because of the chance it messes up.... kinda like living in fear.....

haha that's true, I mainly said that because I bought something expensive for my ex and when we broke up I was like "damn!" :P

Avatar image for Greenwhitegreen
Greenwhitegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Greenwhitegreen
Member since 2006 • 6315 Posts

Blog it!

I kid...it looks nice...and ask her where she wants to go...then you can't mess up...good luck!

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pearl_of_Egypt

It's quite expensive, but if you feel like that's what you wanna give her, then go for it. Is a nice bracelet. Just be sure that you're totally ok with it.

As far as Red Lobster goes, its fine if its her favorite restaurant, but maybe she frequents it and that's why its her favorite. So I would say, go for something different. Variation is key in keeping relationships alive;)

C-Himura

that's true you can take her to red lobster anytime but it's her birthday, take her someplace she's never been before and surprise her.

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 xSIZEMATTER

[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]We have been going out for 18 months. I wasn't gonna get one that high priced, but I saw two chicks looking at some, and they were both by all the high priced ones. So Those must of been the good ones. I don't see how getting her something high priced will scare her away..... OMG YOU GOT ME SOMETHING NICE? I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! :roll:elblanquito_81

You're going about it all wrong. You don't get her something because of it's monetary value or it's something other people think it's what you should get her. You have to give her something from the heart, that shows you really care about her, not because you want her to get sticker shock. Just take a minute to think about what she would really appreciate. If you've been going out with her for a year and a half, you should have some idea.

BTW, I think what that guy was trying to say was that sometimes getting a girl a very expensive gift early on in a relationship will give her the impression the guy wants things to become more serious. That sort of thing does drive some girls away.

But this is what she likes...all women like that stuff.... :|

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xSIZEMATTER

Blog it!

I kid...it looks nice...and ask her where she wants to go...then you can't mess up...good luck!

Greenwhitegreen

No why did you read this??!! Now it's all ruined :cry:

lol I'm joking, thanks for the advice.

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts
LoL, what happens when she cheats on you with another guy? upss....
Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pearl_of_Egypt
[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]We have been going out for 18 months. I wasn't gonna get one that high priced, but I saw two chicks looking at some, and they were both by all the high priced ones. So Those must of been the good ones. I don't see how getting her something high priced will scare her away..... OMG YOU GOT ME SOMETHING NICE? I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! :roll:xSIZEMATTER

that's not true, I'm actually not too crazy about jewelry.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#36 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
[QUOTE="C-Himura"]

Pearl_of_Egypt

that's true you can take her to red lobster anytime but it's her birthday, take her someplace she's never been before and surprise her.

[QUOTE="C-Himura"]

Pearl_of_Egypt

I'll surprise you everyday;)

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

[QUOTE="xSIZEMATTER"]We have been going out for 18 months. I wasn't gonna get one that high priced, but I saw two chicks looking at some, and they were both by all the high priced ones. So Those must of been the good ones. I don't see how getting her something high priced will scare her away..... OMG YOU GOT ME SOMETHING NICE? I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!! :roll:xSIZEMATTER

Don't think about this as "this is what women like". This is your girlfriend you are talking about. As long as you buy her something where "SHE" was the only woman on your mind, not just something that all girls like, then she will appreciate the present much more.

xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xSIZEMATTER

Pearl_of_Egypt

Okay, so almost all women like jewelry :P

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pearl_of_Egypt
[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]

xSIZEMATTER

Okay, so almost all women like jewelry :P

much better :P