Two New York City Police Officers Shot and Killed in Ambush.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Two New York City Police Officers Shot and Killed

From the article:

Two New York City police officers were shot and killed by a gunman who ambushed their patrol car outside a Brooklyn housing project on Saturday, in what top city officials called an unprovoked murder.

“They were quite simply assassinated, targeted for their uniform,” Police Commissioner William Bratton said at a news conference at Woodhull Medical Center on Saturday evening.

The alleged gunman, Ismaaiyl Brinsley, was chased by other police officers to the platform of a nearby subway station, where he committed suicide, police said.

Mr. Bratton said police are investigating social-media postings in which Mr. Brinsley foreshadowed the killings and referenced Eric Garner and Michael Brown, two unarmed black men who recently died during encounters with white police officers. Authorities have said both men were resisting arrest.

The shooting occurred around 2:45 p.m. as officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu sat in their patrol vehicle keeping watch over the Tompkins Houses, part of a crime-reduction effort that was launched in May following an uptick in shootings at city housing projects, particularly those in Brooklyn.

Mr. Bratton said Mr. Brinsley, 28 years old, had been on the run after he shot a woman who is believed to be his former girlfriend near Baltimore on Saturday morning. Baltimore County authorities confirmed the link between the two incidents and said a 29-year-old woman shot in Owings Mills, Md., in the morning is expected to survive.

Baltimore County Police officials said they learned about 1:30 p.m. that Mr. Brinsley had posted threats against police officers on Instagram. After determining the posts were made from Brooklyn and tracking the suspect’s phone, county authorities said they called the 70th Precinct in Brooklyn about 2:10 p.m. to tell them a Maryland shooting suspect was believed to be in the area and had threatened police on social media. A wanted poster was also faxed at that time, the authorities said. A teletype with the same information was sent to the NYPD’s real-time crime center at 2:50 p.m., they said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep, so that happened.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Master_Live

An alleged Instagram post by the killer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/20/nypd-officers-dead-brooklyn-shooting_n_6360434.html

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

What a shame. This shouldn't happen to even the bad police officers, and there are some.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

Everyone is blaming everyone else: NRA, liberals, etc, etc. It's sickening.

The only fault lies in the murderer. RIP the two NYPD officers and I hope the best for their families in their time of sadness.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Sad News and RIP two cops who were just out doing their job.

But not really much to debate since its just senseless violence and probably not that last time we hear about some sick individual using 2 tragedies to justify their own twisted ideas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Very sad. Let's hope this kind of thinking doesn't start gathering more supporters...like things weren't tense enough as they were, with everybody having twitchy fingers thinking the other side is going to shoot them for no reason...

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Setting a great example for the community - rioting and damaging property over a trial they weren't present at, and now killing officers. For all they could've known, Mike Brown's race might not have even been a factor of what happened. It's pretty easy to see who the real prejudiced people are...

Media speculation and clickbait can have deadly results.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Eh drug cartels do worse to disobedient police

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#9 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Disgusting, and infuriating.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Oi vey.

@KHAndAnime said:

t's pretty easy to see who the real prejudiced people are...

Yep.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

Setting a great example for the community - rioting and damaging property over a trial they weren't present at, and now killing officers. For all they could've known, Mike Brown's race might not have even been a factor of what happened. It's pretty easy to see who the real prejudiced people are...

Media speculation and clickbait can have deadly results.

This was apparently brought on by outrage over the Eric Garner case which that case was in fact very fucked up.

Despite that though, this is NOT the way to go about this and the idiot did nothing but give more reason as to why police officers are unable to trust people. You wonder why we have cases where officers may shoot unarmed people. Stories like this are exactly why. Never know when some PoS is going to pull a gun and try and kill you.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

@KHAndAnime said:

It's pretty easy to see who the real prejudiced people are...

Don't just leave us hanging like that. Please, by all means, do enlighten the class.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Disgusting, and infuriating.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

This is just what you guys need, actual warfare between civilians and law enforcers.... My condolences guys.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

Man that's just messed up and really gruesome. The recollection of what happened that the article provided is just hollywood, crime-flick fucked up tier. Its mind boggling how this could really happen in broad daylight in a place like NY too.

One part from the article that I felt was exceptionally profound:

"Mr. de Blasio said, “When a police officer is murdered, it tears at the foundation of our society.”

This is precisely what such occurrences do: they rip through society tearing its social fabric apart.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

@LostProphetFLCL said:

This was apparently brought on by outrage over the Eric Garner case which that case was in fact very fucked up.

Despite that though, this is NOT the way to go about this and the idiot did nothing but give more reason as to why police officers are unable to trust people. You wonder why we have cases where officers may shoot unarmed people. Stories like this are exactly why. Never know when some PoS is going to pull a gun and try and kill you.

Police officers are not supposed to trust people lol. The police corps is founded by the state to protect civilians from criminal activities perpetrated by society's degenerates and maintain public order. Policemen's frequent encounters with that sort of people is no excuse to police brutality and ill-advised use of power. If a policeman is going to respond to the inherent perils of the job by becoming trigger-happy and "preemptive" then he shouldn't have become a policeman to begin with. He ought to look for a safer and more timid profession.

Avatar image for estrofadelhimno
estrofadelhimno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 estrofadelhimno
Member since 2005 • 29 Posts

Damn, this is fucked up.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@GazaAli said:

Police officers are not supposed to trust people lol. The police corps is founded by the state to protect civilians from criminal activities perpetrated by society's degenerates and maintain public order. Policemen's frequent encounters with that sort of people is no excuse to police brutality and ill-advised use of power. If a policeman is going to respond to the inherent perils of the job by becoming trigger-happy and "preemptive" then he shouldn't have become a policeman to begin with. He ought to look for a safer and more timid profession.

Indeed. It's the police, as well as the other the armed state forces, that are obliged to serve the public trust, not vice versa. Of course, it's understandable how some would come to a skewed belief of what a police department's role in society is, given the decades worth of media propaganda supporting and validating these para-military efforts.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@airshocker said:

I knew this was a long shot, but I'm really glad to see that you are okay.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Eye for an eye is never a good policy. I wish individuals would smart up. Hell it would be great to live in a society where police are unnecessary. Tragic day, and I wish the NYPD the best during what is most likely a very difficult time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Those two officers weren't even white.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

I think this is an incredibly inappropriate comment, but I also think that that's your point. Certain people around here should learn from this, but won't.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Silverbond said:

Don't just leave us hanging like that. Please, by all means, do enlighten the class.

The answer was in the post :)

rioting and damaging property over a trial they weren't present at, and now killing officers

People who are attacking and bringing damages to random people based on the assumption that cops are trying to specifically go out of their way to kill black people are crazy prejudice. They themselves might as well be the racists. I also think it's equally as irresponsible to encourage this type of behavior, if not condemn it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Serraph105 said:

@airshocker said:

I knew this was a long shot, but I'm really glad to see that you are okay.

Thanks for the concern bro, but I'm perfectly fine. I wasn't even working yesterday.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#29 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I was hoping this wouldn't happen... What concerns me though are the 17 likes his post got. Those are not the words and actions that people should be condoning. Those people who liked his post should be held accountable as well, because there was at least 17 chances to stop a needless killing from happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Looking more into it, if he would of killed two white cops, a lot of people would of applaud the killer. I'm not one of them but that's how people are.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_Live

@JustPlainLucas said:

I was hoping this wouldn't happen... What concerns me though are the 17 likes his post got. Those are not the words and actions that people should be condoning. Those people who liked his post should be held accountable as well, because there was at least 17 chances to stop a needless killing from happening.

And how would you hold them accountable?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#32 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@JustPlainLucas said:

And how would you hold them accountable?

I guess there isn't a way, but they really should have taken the post more seriously instead of liking it. These cops could still be alive today if someone who saw that post acted.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@WolfgarTheQuiet said:

Two pig lives for many innocent lives taken over power trips.

You have no idea who these cops were, what their records were, or how they even acted while they wore the badge. Show some respect.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

This country just keeps getting more and more like a circus.

---

@ferrari2001

For that we need a stateless society, for starters. Capitalism needs to end as well. Profit is a hollow concept and isn't representative of wealth.

When everyone has access to real, free education and the best, free healthcare - equal opportunity and necessity's of life - and there isn't an entity that can lock us up if we don't comply we will have a free society.

To go into further detail, obviously there needs to be a way to appropriately allocate resources in a world with limited resources but those things at least are easily achievable. Not everybody needs an Xbox 360 or a TV, for things like that there would need to be a way to divide up the resources. Money doesn't necessarily need to become useless but it needs a massive drop in importance.

As for food, that should be largely handled within smaller communities. We have machines that can do the field work of 1,000 men but so many people still don't have access to good food? Wake up, what we have isn't working.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3862 Posts

@Chozofication:

Your world only works in your dreams not in real life. There is a movie out about your world called the Giver. Maybe you should watch it when you get a chance.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Master_Live

@Chozofication said:
Not everybody needs an Xbox 360 or a TV, for things like that there would need to be a way to divide up the resources.

Says who? Come and get my Xbox 360 (I'm dead serious).

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#39 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts
@Master_Live said:

@Chozofication said:
Not everybody needs an Xbox 360 or a TV, for things like that there would need to be a way to divide up the resources.

Sooo... are you saying you don't give a crap about it and want to give it away or are you daring me? :p

Anyways I mean that quite literally, in the same way not everyone on earth has a game console today. Not to take something somebody already owns.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Master_Live

@Chozofication said:
@Master_Live said:

@Chozofication said:

Sooo... are you saying you don't give a crap about it and want to give it away or are you daring me? :p

Anyways I mean that quite literally, in the same way not everyone on earth has a game console today. Not to take something somebody already owns.

This is the season of giving!

♪ Is the most wonderful time of the yeeeeear ♪

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

This is what happens when those in positions of influence called for protests instead of calling for calm to ease tensions.

Where are they now? Cowering in the shadows like mice?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Aljosa23 said:

I think this is an incredibly inappropriate comment, but I also think that that's your point. Certain people around here should learn from this, but won't.

And I think it's quite sad that no one is mentioning mental illness. This was clearly a disturbed man but since he's not white he is simply called a "thug" by the media and others. Had be been white like John Lennon's killer it would be a whole different story.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

I have to roll my eyes at the NYPD response to all this. They're going beyond mourning the death of two of their colleagues, and exploiting it to bemoan the mayor over calls that police be held accountable when the police violate the civil rights of those they're sworn to protect. They're never held accountable for their actions. Not really. At worse they're subjected in a kangaroo court designed to protect them. They want to play their sacred hero trump card without question and have their accounting of events be the only ones considered truthful. They've fought the use of body cameras to protect citizens ever since a trial run of it was court ordered years back in response to racial profiling in their stop and frisk laws, stops that would result in planting of drug evidence, or agitating and escalating stops to make arrests, and targeting minorities in the process far disproportionately in order fulfill quotas. They want to remain drunk with power and remain accountable to nobody as they always have. They want to continue knowing the most they'll be subjected to in when reprimanded is paid administrative leave paid vacation while their claims of abuse are investigated swept under the rug for months or even years. They're calling demands that peoples civil rights protections and equal protection under the law be enforced, and they want to call that "anti-police". And for that, they turn their backs to the mayor. Boo-hoo. Fucking bitches.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#44  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@Aljosa23 said:

And I think it's quite sad that no one is mentioning mental illness. This was clearly a disturbed man but since he's not white he is simply called a "thug" by the media and others. Had be been white like John Lennon's killer it would be a whole different story.

What a incredible "beep" post and way to look at this. but i know you are out to rattle the tree and see what might fall.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Hopefully Shaneka Thompson pulls through.

Stesilaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Stesilaus
Member since 2007 • 4999 Posts

This was a clear-cut case of preemptive self-defense. :-/

Nah, not really! I deplore the deed and hope that it doesn't lead to further escalation.

Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

MLK has spun in his grave so much that he's probably half way to China.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@GazaAli said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

While that may be the case, police officers are human beings and fear gets people to do stupid things. That's not a defense of their misconduct, that's just stating that there WILL be more misconduct once you increase the level of fear. The bottom line is that a lot of people really do believe that it's cops vs everyone else. And that's a recipe for death and tragedy because it will result in people on both sides fucking up. Once non-cops believe that all cops are out to get them, once there's the believe that all cops are evil oppressors, then shit like this is gonna happen. And once cops believe that the rest of the world is out to get them, you're gonna have more police misconduct. Both sides are helping to reinforce the other side's narrative, thereby creating a shitty situation that just feeds on itself and keeps growing stronger. And that's bad for EVERYONE, be they police officers or not.

Again, that's not a defense of ANYONE'S actions. That's just a recognition of how people act.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

payback is a muthaf.....

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

At least if this person gets caught, they'll go through the criminal justice system and likely get a verdict that matches the reality of the events that took place. Can't say the killer cops get anything close to resembling that. They execute people for selling cigarettes and get off because they didn't use a choke hold, they just held him with a choke.

Sucks that innocent people died, but Talib Kweli put it best:

Kurt Loder asked me what I say to a dead cop's wife?

Cops kill my people everyday, that's life.